|"Pack, pack. Kill, Kill."|
|— Pack Leader to his pack in A Dangerous Path, page 4|
- Below contains in-depth information for the prologue of A Dangerous Path. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: Prologue (of 27)
- Page Numbers: 1-4
Pack Leader's PoV
- It is dark in the 'kennel-that-moves'. The pack leader is in there with at least more than one dog. He smells burnt forest but mostly dog scent. Outside, he hears Man voices and understands few words of what they are saying. The pack leader picks up the scent of fresh cut wood, and detects fear in the men's voices. He remembers coming to this place lots of times before this. The pack leader thinks about the pack; they are strong, and can run and kill, and crave blood. But instead of roaming free, they are at the mercy of the Man.
- The pack leader yowls to his dogs, and they echo him, and the doors of the kennel-that-moves are opened. The lead dog leads his pack away from the wood and men. They run towards the forest, and are delighted to be free at last. The pack leader detects one strong familiar scent above all of the others: cat. A few nights later, the dogs are roaming the forest as they please. The pack leader sniffs for the special spot where he had found a hole to lead the dogs to freedom again.
- The massive leader tells his dogs where the hole is. He promises that the hole will become larger. Soon, the hole is big enough for the dogs to go into, and they all follow their leader into the hole to be free. They only have one deep instinct: Kill.
References and Citations
|A Dangerous Path chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25 • Chapter 26 • Chapter 27|