|"Are you sitting a little straighter, Adderkit? You should be proud of your birth Clan, whatever other cats might say about Brokenstar driving you from your home, or your Clanmates' willingness to make alliances to protect their borders."|
|— Rock to Adderkit in Cats of the Clans, page 44|
Adderkit is a tom with an unknown description.
In the Field Guides
- Adderkit wanders away from StarClan, with Blossomkit, a ShadowClan kit, and Mosskit, a half ThunderClan, half RiverClan kit. After the three young kits leave StarClan, they get terribly lost, and wander around helplessly. Eventually, the three meet Rock, who leads them to a safe and dry place, where the kits can rest their tired legs. After Adderkit, Blossomkit, and Mosskit are settled, Rock tells the kits stories about some of the more influential cats of the four Clans. Rock describes Adderkit as being underfed and thin.
- According to Rock, Adderkit was killed by a snake bite, hence the name. Tallstar avenged the young kit's death by killing the snake shortly afterwards.
- Adderkit appears to be a very bold and boastful young kit, for when Rock mentions Firestar, Adderkit isn't afraid to point out that the ThunderClan leader was once a kittypet. When Rock is talking about Crowfeather and Leafpool's relationship, Adderkit boasts, saying he thinks WindClan is the best.
- Adderkit is also very curious and defensive. For example: he asks Rock about the difference between loners and rogues with undisguised interest, and when Rock mentions Nightcloud's obsession over her mate, Crowfeather, and her son, Breezepaw, the young kit quickly jumps to his Clanmates' defense.
- Adderkit is very proud of his Clan, for when Rock speaks of WindClan, Adderkit sits up much straighter, even though he was only with them for a short time before his death.
- Adderkit was named for the snake that bit him.
- "And that underfed tom beside you? Adderkit, yes, from WindClan. You were very young to go to StarClan, weren't you? And named for that snake that... Yes I know you too, Blossomkit!"
- —Rock meeting Adderkit before being interrupted by Blossomkit Cats of the Clans, page 2
- "Yes, Adderkit, I know the ThunderClan leader was born a kittypet, but it makes no difference to me where a kit gulps his first breath."
- —Rock telling Adderkit it doesn't matter where you come from Cats of the Clans, page 6
- "See, Adderkit, you should be grateful to Firestar for helping your Clanmates."
- —Rock reinforcing his earlier statement that it doesn't matter where you come from Cats of the Clans, page 6
- "Yes Adderkit, I’m sure WindClan warriors are the best of all."
- —Rock to Adderkit Cats of the Clans, page 18
- "Tallstar killed the snake that bit you; did you not know that, Adderkit?"
- —Rock to Adderkit Cats of the Clans, page 46
- "Don't hiss, Adderkit. I speak only the truth as I see it."
- —Rock after he talked negatively about Nightcloud Cats of the Clans, page 54
- "What's that, Adderkit? You can't figure out the difference between loners and rogues?"
- —Rock to Adderkit Cats of the Clans, page 77