|"Goodbye Crowfeather. I hope we don't regret that we didn't speak today."|
|— Leafpool saying goodbye to Crowfeather in After Sunset: We Need to Talk, page 4|
|After Sunset: We Need to Talk|
|Publish Date:||April/May 2007|
|Details:||A short play with dialogue between Crowfeather and Leafpool|
|Crowfeather and Leafpool meet at the border between the two Clans. They try to exchange words, but two patrols arriving prevent Leafpool from revealing a secret she has to Crowfeather.|
After Sunset: We Need to Talk is a short play written by Victoria Holmes. The script is available for download at the official Warriors site.
This play presents a meeting between Leafpool and Crowfeather after the events of Sunset, where Leafpool tries to tell Crowfeather something of great importance.
The cast is as follows
- Leafpool and Crowfeather meet on the border between ThunderClan and WindClan, and Leafpool attempts to tell him what she has been holding inside, but he refuses to let her. Instead, he tells her about his new mate in WindClan, Nightcloud, who had his kits last moon. Leafpool is very disturbed by this.
- Crowfeather and Leafpool are found by patrols from their respective Clans, the ThunderClan patrol consisting of Brambleclaw, Berrypaw, and Cloudtail, and the WindClan patrol consisting of Onestar, Tornear, and Harepaw.
- Harepaw begins mocking Berrypaw about his kittypet blood, while Berrypaw tries to provoke the WindClan apprentice into a fight. Onestar, however, greets the ThunderClan cats calmly, and asks what they're doing so near the border. Despite Onestar's serenity, Tornear acts as if the ThunderClan cats were trying to start an unfair fight with Crowfeather. Onestar, still trying to keep peace, tells his Clanmates to continue the patrol, and Brambleclaw does the same with his cats, both trying to prevent an unnecessary fight.
- The two patrols leave for their own territories, and Leafpool is seen murmuring a goodbye to Crowfeather, and she adds that she wishes that she and Crowfeather do not regret that they hadn't had the chance to speak with each other.
- The important thing Leafpool wanted to tell Crowfeather was likely that she was carrying his kits, or to tell him they had already been born. This is hinted in Sunrise, when she mentions to Crowfeather that she could not tell him at that time. Then, in Sunrise, it is revealed that Leafpool did have kits, which were Hollyleaf, Lionblaze, and Jayfeather, and the secret was revealed by Hollyleaf at a Gathering in the same book.
- A continuity error is that in the play, all cats seem to know that Hawkfrost attempted to kill Firestar; while in The Sight, this fact is unknown.
- This story was confirmed to be canon by the authors.
- The script on warriorcats.com
References and CitationsEdit
- ↑ Revealed on Warriors Wish
- ↑ Revealed on Warriors Wish
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 As described in the play
- ↑ Revealed in Sunrise, page 305
- ↑ Revealed in After Sunset: We Need to Talk, page 3
- ↑ Revealed in The Sight, page 57
- ↑ Revealed in After Sunset: We Need to Talk, page 1
- ↑ Revealed in Sunset, page 285
- ↑ Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 4