|"These are my Clanmates more than WindClan ever was. Where else would I go?"|
|— Antpelt to Ivypool in Sign of the Moon, page 134|
|Cause of Death|
|Cause of Death:||Wounds|
|Residence:||Place of No Stars, None|
Dark Forest Resident:
|Living:||Battles of the Clans, Eclipse, Long Shadows, Sunrise, The Fourth Apprentice, Fading Echoes, Night Whispers, Sign of the Moon, Hollyleaf's Story, Mistystar's Omen|
|Dead:||Sign of the Moon, The Forgotten Warrior|
In the Power of Three Arc
- Antpelt does not formally appear in Eclipse but is listed in the allegiances.
- Antpelt does not formally appear in Long Shadows but is listed in the allegiances.
- Antpelt does not formally appear in Sunrise but is listed in the allegiances.
In the Omen of the Stars Arc
- Antpelt does not formally appear in The Fourth Apprentice but is listed in the allegiances.
- Antpelt does not formally appear in Fading Echoes but is listed in the allegiances.
- Antpelt is revealed by Ivypaw to be training in the Dark Forest for unknown reasons.
- In one dream, Thistleclaw tells the cats to work together, and when Ivypaw leaps forward to attack, Antpelt knocks her aside, though it isn't known if he meant it purposefully or not. Thistleclaw gets angry at Antpelt for not cooperating, and deals the younger warrior a hard blow to his ear. Ivypaw looks away, sickened, as she feels Antpelt's blood splash her muzzle. She wakes him up so he goes to the waking world.
- Towards the end of the book, Ivypaw sits with him, Tigerheart, Hollowpaw, and Breezepelt. When Tigerstar begins to talk about the end of the Clans, Ivypaw is horrified when she sees Antpelt's eyes shining with pleasure.
- Antpelt joins Thistleclaw and the newly named Ivypool in a training session. He is told to attack Ivypool, and to try and drive her to the top of a heap of logs. At first, Antpelt keeps his claws sheathed and his blows light, but when Thistleclaw yowls at them to stop fighting like kits, Antpelt attacks Ivypool with full force. When she slips and falls, he gives her a sympathetic look and waits for her to get up. Thistleclaw sees this and takes it as a sign of cowardice. He attacks Antpelt, causing fatal wounds to his body that pose a serious threat. Ivypool crouches over Antpelt, and begs him to wake up. He groans, and vanishes.
- At a later Gathering, Dovewing overhears Tornear and Webfoot talking to other cats about Antpelt, who is covered in dreadful wounds. The cats are bewildered at what could have caused this, but believed it was the dogs from the horseplace. They also say that Kestrelflight does not think he will survive.
- Dovewing, standing on a hill overlooking the lake territories, casts her senses out to the WindClan camp as Antpelt dies from his wounds, surrounded by his Clanmates along with Swallowtail. Kestrelflight can't do anything more for him, and Dovewing is horrified when Antpelt finally dies.
- Later, Antpelt is seen walking through the Dark Forest, with the scars on his throat and back that killed him. He tells Ivypool that the Dark Forest cats were more of his Clanmates than WindClan ever had been. He also tells her that she may see him dead, but to him, it was simply staying in the Dark Forest forever. He pads away from her into the gloom.
- Despite having died, Antpelt is listed in the allegiances.
- Antpelt is first seen at a training session yelling orders when Ivypool sees him. She reminds him that she helped him when Thistleclaw wounded him so badly that he died. Antpelt retorts that he is a warrior in the Dark Forest, and he deserves the position that he is in. He also states that the Place of No Stars is better than StarClan.
- Ivypool tells Hawkfrost and Brokenstar that she wants to become a warrior and to be in the front line when the final battle comes and not in the back, where the cowards hide. Hawkfrost is impressed by her loyalty, and Brokenstar tells her that if she can beat Antpelt again, she can be a Dark Forest warrior. Ivypool realizes this battle will mean life or death for her. As she fights with Antpelt, she realizes that he is stronger and that he must have done nothing but train since he died. During the fight, she imagines her sister, Dovewing, and the Clans giving her strength to defeat Antpelt. Ivypool finishes him off by ripping him open from throat to tail until Antpelt collapses and fades.
- Later, Breezepelt asks Ivypool if she had destroyed Antpelt's spirit, and when she confirms this by telling him her loyalty was greater than his, Breezepelt angrily tells her they may be Clanmates in the Dark Forest, but they were not Clanmates in the real world, and he would make sure she was punished.
- Despite dying two books before, Antpelt is listed in the allegiances.
- He does not formally appear, as he has died twice, but Ivypool remembers his death while she is in the Dark Forest. Memory of his death floods her mind as she remembers that she had been forced to kill Antpelt to prove her loyalty to Tigerstar. It is noted that Ivypool knows that she'd never wash the scent of his blood from her paws.
- When Jayfeather walks in Ivypool's thoughts, he comes across Antpelt's death in her mind, and he recoils, feeling sick.
In the Field Guide Arc
- Antpelt, incorrectly referred to as a ShadowClan cat, is waiting in ambush at the abandoned Twoleg nest, with Snaketail, Spiderfoot, and Whitetail. A RiverClan patrol finds them and attacks. When Pouncetail is trying to identify Antpelt, he remembers that the black-eared warrior had threatened him at a previous Gathering, since Pouncetail had scolded his apprentice for being rude to an elder. Pouncetail admits that he was happy to get even with Antpelt, and he, along with Blackclaw, forces him out through a gap in the wall, which leads to another den. It is hard to spot Antpelt's fur in the shadows, but he gives himself away when a rat scurries past him, making him squeal like a kit. Blackclaw and Pouncetail pounce on Antpelt, thumping his ears until he dashes out of the front entrance squealing after his Clanmates.
In the Novellas
- Antpelt does not formally appear in Hollyleaf's Story but is listed in the allegiances.
- Antpelt is seen when Pebblefoot, on Mistystar's hunting patrol accidentally chases a squirrel onto WindClan territory in full view. Antpelt, who is on this patrol, yells at Pebblefoot, saying that he is a trespasser and a prey-thief. Mistystar rushes to the border and yells back, defending her Clanmate. Pebblefoot is embarrassed and apologizes to the WindClan cats. Antpelt refuses to accept the apology and continues accusing Pebblefoot of deliberately trying to steal WindClan's prey. Mistystar is embarrassed because, with the RiverClan cats' thin pelts and scrawny frames, it was obvious that they didn't have enough prey.
- Ashfoot, the head of the WindClan patrol, comes forward, and Mistystar apologizes again for her Clanmate, saying it was a genuine mistake. Antpelt snarls at them and tells them to get their mangy pelts off of their territory, or they'd make them. He then raises a paw threateningly and shows his claws. Ashfoot orders Antpelt to stop, and then "suggests" that Mistystar and her patrol return to their own territory and renew their scent markers so it doesn't happen again. Ashfoot then orders Antpelt to put his claws away and leads the patrol back to the WindClan camp. Later, as the RiverClan patrol makes its way back to their camp, Pebblefoot complains about Antpelt and how he had treated them.
- In The Forgotten Warrior and The Last Hope, Antpelt is still listed in the allegiances, despite having died in Sign of the Moon.
- In Battles of the Clans, he is mistakenly said be a ShadowClan warrior.
- Vicky doesn't think that Swallowtail and Antpelt were mates.
Please do not edit this gallery
- "I liked Antpelt! He doesn't belong with these evil cats."
- —Ivypool's thoughts Sign of the Moon, page 135
- "Ivypaw felt Antpelt tense beside her. Was he shocked? She searched his face, then Hollowpaw's and Breezepelt's. Their eyes were shining! It was as if they were truly Dark Forest warriors."
- —Ivypaw observing Antpelt Night Whispers, page 289
- "This is where I want to be."
- —Antpelt speaking to Ivypool in the Dark Forest after his death Sign of the Moon, page 135
- Ivypool: "I can't believe you've forgotten how I helped you. Thistleclaw wounded you so badly on the woodpile you died, remember?"
- Antpelt: "Who cares about the past? This is my Clan now. I deserve to be here."
- The Forgotten Warrior, page 72
- "He's much stronger than before! He must have done nothing but train since he came to the Dark Forest."
- —Ivypool's panicked thoughts The Forgotten Warrior, page 226
References and Citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Revealed in Eclipse, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 111
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 134
- ↑ Revealed in The Forgotten Warrior, page 267
- ↑ Revealed on Kate's official blog
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Revealed in Battles of the Clans, page 104
- ↑ Revealed in Night Whispers, page 76
- ↑ Revealed in The Forgotten Warrior, page 72
- ↑ Revealed in The Forgotten Warrior, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in The Last Hope, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook Page