|"Whatever. This is the way it is now. I'd better get used to it. At least I get noticed in the Dark Forest."|
|— Blossomfall to Ivypool in Sign of the Moon, page 255|
|Age:||Approx. 24 moons (2 years)|
|Living:||Eclipse, Long Shadows, Sunrise, Hollyleaf's Story, The Fourth Apprentice, Fading Echoes, Mistystar's Omen, Night Whispers, Sign of the Moon, The Forgotten Warrior, The Last Hope, Bramblestar's Storm|
Blossomfall is a tortoiseshell-and-white she-cat with petal-shaped white patches.
In the Super Editon Arc
- Coming Soon
In the Power of Three Arc
- Blossomkit is born to Millie and Graystripe, along with Briarkit and Bumblekit. She is named by her mother after her tortoiseshell fur that looks like falling petals. Blossomkit is said to be the smallest kit in her litter and is seen sleeping a lot throughout the book. Toadkit says that Blossomkit should have been called Squealkit since she is always squealing.
- During the battle with WindClan, she and her siblings are brought to Firestar's den to hide. Rosekit helps calm the younger kits down by telling them stories. Blossomkit falls asleep during the battle. Mousefur tells Hollypaw that Blossomkit can stay with her when she comes to take her back to Millie. The elder had already bonded with the little kit as most elders do with the youngest members of the Clan.
- When Briarkit and Millie fall ill with greencough, she and her brother, Bumblekit, are cared for by Daisy. When the forest catches fire because of lightning, Blossomkit is brought out of the nursery and carried to safety by Daisy.
- When Jayfeather comes to check the queens and kits in the nursery, she gets in a fight with Toadkit. Her sister, Briarkit, nearly gets bitten by an adder, but Honeyfern pushes her out of the way, and in turn gets bitten by the snake herself, dying a few heartbeats later.
In the Omen of the Stars Arc
- She is now an apprentice, with the name of Blossompaw, being mentored by Hazeltail. She is on the patrol that goes down to the lake to fetch water for the Clan, when they meet up with a RiverClan patrol, who is there to make sure no fish were being eaten. After a patrol comes back to camp with Rainstorm, a RiverClan warrior, she eagerly asks if he was a prisoner, but is told no by Lionblaze. She is taken out several times with Hazeltail for hunting or to practice fighting.
- While Dovepaw is away, she and her siblings try to be nice to Ivypaw. One day, when they are trying to persuade her to come help the elders, Ivypaw retorts that they don't know what it's like to be ignored and left behind. When Dovepaw comes back, Blossompaw holds no resentment at all for having to put up with her angry sister.
- Blossompaw and her siblings are play-fighting in camp when Lionblaze and Dovepaw return from their journey upstream. When her denmate returns to the apprentice's den that day, Blossompaw remarks to Dovepaw that she is a hero when the younger apprentice goes to their den and finds that her nest is covered in soft feathers.
- Blossompaw is playing with her sister, Briarpaw, by throwing leaves in the air with her tail. Graystripe stops her, saying she was supposed to be helping, not playing with Briarpaw.
- She is later complaining to her siblings for not waiting for her to go hunting. Briarpaw teases her for taking so long just so she could moon over Toadstep, to which Blossompaw protests hastily. Bumblepaw and Briarpaw then drag their rabbit back to camp, leaving Blossompaw to complain that they were leaving her again.
- Blossompaw is fast asleep when Ivypaw and Dovepaw sneak out one night, to see Sedgewhisker. Blossompaw is later seen waking up when Ivypaw returns from the dawn patrol and gets everyone wet. She cleans her pelt and tells Ivypaw that everyone had to do dawn patrols, since Ivypaw believed Dovepaw was getting special treatment. She then promises the two younger she-cats that they won't be punished forever after they had sneaked into the WindClan camp.
- At the next Gathering, ThunderClan are the first to arrive, so Blossompaw climbs up on the Great Oak and pretends to start the Gathering, calling herself Blossomstar. Squirrelflight catches her and makes her fall out of the tree by snapping at her, but she is not hurt when she falls. Millie sees her kit and the angry Squirrelflight, and immediately defends Blossompaw against Squirrelflight. During the Gathering, she mutters a few times to comment on what the different leaders had said. Afterwards, Dovepaw disappears and Blossompaw, Briarpaw, and Whitewing search for her until she reappears.
- One morning, Blossompaw and her siblings have their hunting assessment, but they would be hunting in pairs. Cinderheart calls her apprentice over and pairs Blossompaw with Ivypaw. Blossompaw is horrified and begs to have Dovepaw for her partner instead. She protests to Hazeltail that Ivypaw is a bad and useless hunter. The two apprentices travel to the abandoned Twoleg Nest where Blossompaw snaps at her to go away while she went hunting. When Ivypaw catches prey before her, Blossompaw becomes flustered and reminds Ivypaw that it wasn't her assessment. The two finally hunt together, and Blossompaw catches a blackbird. Ivypaw notes how clumsy the catch was. Thornclaw decides to head back to camp then. Blossompaw hisses at Ivypaw, saying it would be her fault if she failed her assessment. However, she, Bumblepaw, and Briarpaw all pass.
- A beech tree capsizes into the camp, killing Longtail and breaking Briarpaw's backbone, making her unable to move her legs. Blossompaw and Bumblepaw are beside themselves with worry, constantly asking if she will be okay. A quarter-moon later, all three siblings become warriors, and are named Blossomfall, Bumblestripe, and Briarlight, although Blossomfall and Bumblestripe are made warriors before their injured littermate. The three later share a mouse together in the sunlight after Briarlight learned to drag herself around on two front paws.
- A while later, Cinderheart calls Ivypaw, Blossomfall, and Bumblestripe together for a new training method. Dustpelt, Leafpool, Hazeltail, and Birchfall also join them. The cats split into teams and try to take a patch of territory. Bumblestripe and Blossomfall battle each other, and Bumblestripe defeats her with a "kit move". During the next attempt, Dustpelt tells Blossomfall to race to the patch of ferns. She does so until Cinderheart and Hazeltail stop her.
- During the battle against ShadowClan, Blossomfall seems to overcome her rivalry with Ivypaw and the two fight together against Ratscar, with Ivypaw directing Blossomfall because of her recent training with Hawkfrost. However, just before the battle begins, she breaks the line, thinking she had heard something, when Lionblaze tells her to get back. Firestar reinforces the order to all the warriors.
- When the battle with ShadowClan ends, she is seen with Ivypaw. Ivypaw is encouraging her to get up so that she can go back to camp and have Jayfeather treat her wounds. She and Ivypaw seem to have forgotten their past quarrels in the heat of the battle. Later, when Ivypaw returns to the camp from her argument with Dovepaw, Blossomfall tells her that ShadowClan hadn't marked the new border yet. Then she goes to work on the warriors' den. Once Ivypaw starts working on the den, she asks why they aren't talking about the battle or training harder. However, Blossomfall points out that they'd already won and that it was leaf-bare. Ivypaw realizes that this is probably why Hawkfrost doesn't visit Blossomfall in dreams.
- When a fox is attacking the ThunderClan camp, she is seen at Millie's heels when they come down the slope.
- She is brought to the Dark Forest by Brokenstar. She is told they were her new Clanmates and begins her training. She has a flash of recognition in her eyes as she spots Ivypool, but she only gives her a curt nod. Ratscar is ordered to attack her, and Blossomfall thinks it is just like a ThunderClan training bout, and keeps her claws sheathed, unlike Ratscar. Ratscar fights her viciously, clawing her with sharp claws.Then Ivypool stepped in and stopped it, explaining that it would be useless to lose a new apprentice on her first visit. Blossomfall snaps that she could've handled it by herself, glaring at Ivypool ungratefully while she licked her ruffled fur.
- In the waking world, Ivypool urges Blossomfall to speak about the Dark Forest, curious about how they recruited her and how much she trusts them. She refuses, but later admits that she knows they are bad cats who were rejected by StarClan.
- Later, she and Ivypool get lost in the maze of underground tunnels when they were hunting. There she confesses to Ivypool that if she died she wonders if Millie would miss her, and if Hawkfrost would take her to the Dark Forest. She confesses she's jealous of Briarlight because she gets more attention; Blossomfall feels guilty about this, and says she deserved the Dark Forest. She is hit by a rockfall as they are heading down, and a ginger tom and a mysterious dark cat help her and Ivypool to safety.
- While she is limping into camp, Whitewing calls for Millie. She is upset with her daughter and believes she is behaving like a kit, failing to express the same concern Whitewing showed for Ivypool before stalking back off to Briarlight. Ivypool sees this as proof to how Hawkfrost persuaded Blossomfall to join the Dark Forest.
- When Ivypool comes back to camp to see if any cat would come find fox dung with her to protect Jayfeather's marigold patch, she first asks Blossomfall if she would want to come help her. Blossomfall stares at her, but Ivypool doesn't blame her. It is noted that Blossomfall hasn't been the same with Ivypool since they met in the Dark Forest.
- Foxleap asks her how she did a move during their training session. When Brambleclaw takes Toadstep, Blossomfall, Bumblestripe, and Dovewing out for training, she wants to practice the new move with Bumblestripe because they are littermates. Bumblestripe, though, has other ideas and protests that he wants to be Dovewing's partner instead. Furious, she stalks off to Toadstep, thinking that Bumblestripe was showing a sign of being disloyal towards her.
- After the training, Dovewing asks if one of the groups could show the move to the other group while so they could comment on it. After Dovewing and Bumblestripe perform the move, she says Bumblestripe was fine but mocks Dovewing saying her paws were all over the place. Dovewing comments she wouldn't have said that if Bumblestripe was partners with Blossomfall.
- Blossomfall is first seen with Hollowflight, stated by her mentor Applefur that they can fight Clan cats anytime. When told that four clans will unite as one when it matters most, she asked when. Her answer was she’ll know. She then she asks Tigerstar if they are training for something special. She shrugged off being dismissed so early from the dark forest, stating that they can practise their moves in the forest before beginning to fade.
- During Jayfeather’s vision, he heard Blossomfall ask which attack move do they use as she trained in the Dark Forest. She was thought of as Jayfeather questioned their loyalties.
- Blossomfall is seen sharing a blackbird with Rosepetal.
- When she finished her blackbird, she was seen with Thornclaw play-fighting beside the nursery. Thornclaw accepted the invitation for hunting patrol and asked if Blossomfall could come. Lionblaze accepted. The raced through the thorn tunnel and were soon climbing a slope, zigzagging through brambles as they played. Lionblaze suspects from their friendly actions that the two must be mates, saying she'd be nursing his kits in a couple of seasons. However, when Blossomfall sprains her paw in the brambles, Thornclaw is at her side and Lionblaze overhears him telling the she-cat to stop wiggling or her battle injury from the previous night would get worse. Blossomfall hushes him and looks at Lionblaze guiltily, and Lionblaze realizes they aren't mates and they are training together in their dreams. Thornclaw helps Blossomfall out and anxiously stands by as Cinderheart checks her over, after a quick test to see if she could walk, she insisted she can go on. After some discussion, they headed towards the lake. Once back in camp Blossomfall limped in only with a shrew. Bumblestripe makes fun of her catch. Only to be told by Cinderheart she hurt her paw while hunting. She snapped at Cinderheart when she asked how her shoulder’s feeling. Cinderheart then recommended poppy seeds for her if she thinks the pain will keep her up all night.
- It was mentioned by Molepaw that Blossomfall stated that Ivypool knows some awesome attack moves.
- Blossomfall volunteered to join with Dovewing, Bumblestripe and Foxleap for some hunting and also check to see if Blackstar and his ShadowClan patrol have left the territory after their visit to ThunderClan camp. She raced past Blumblestripe and outside camp first. She raced with Bumblestripe and Foxleap up the slope towards ShadowClan territory.
- Blossomfall was with Ivypool in the Dark Forest. She informed what Tigerstar just announced to Ivypool, that Tigerstar’s going to start taking cats into Clan territories. She quoted Tigerstar: Four clans will unite as one when it matters most. Ivypool challenged Tigerstar about who will investigate ThunderClan territory, and asked if Blossomfall can go as well as Ivypool’s apprentices. Tigerstar agreed. When they were in ThunderClan territory, Blossomfall explained about ThunderClan’s tree fighting tactics, how they drop to the ground and how they can move through the forest without touching the ground. She defended Redwillow’s comment by saying they move like squirrels but fight like foxes. Ivypool tried to stop her from saying more by saying they hardly bother to tree-fight now. but Blossomfall exclaimed that Dovewing and Brambleclaw were just practising earlier. Birchfall quickly told her they don’t have to know everything. After the patrol was scared off by ThunderClan cats, she stated that they didn’t fight because they were there to learn.
- Blossomfall was seen passing the apprentice den entrance with Birchfall before cats left for the Gathering. On their way to the Gathering, she assisted Dovewing when she lost balance and when Rosepetal asked if Dovewing was tired, Blossomfall announced she wasn’t and pelted past them after her clanmates. At the Gathering, Blossomfall was with Squirrelflight while Rosepetal and Ivypool join her for the Gathering. When the clan leaders were discussing about strange signs of cats within the territory Blossomfall called that she doesn’t think there is anything to worry about, cats outside the clans always stray further during fine weather. When the Gathering broke up, Blossomfall was leaving with Squirrelflight, followed by Whitewing.
- Later on, Blossomfall lingered at the edge of the meeting summoned by Firestar with Birchfall, both giving nervous glances to Mousewhisker. After Firestar announced the Dark Forests plan to attack, she whimpered Oh StarClan. As the discussion went on, Blossomfall huddled closer to Birchfall.
- Blossomfall was one of the cats Ivypool told Brambleclaw that were training in the Dark Forest. Brambleclaw sent cats to get them, however, they were in the Dark Forest Blossomfall was asking if the battle has begun. She then reassured Mousewhisker that Brokenstar told them they know when to attack.
- Blossomfall was at the a Dark Forest meeting, shocked as Brokenstar announced that this will be the last night they will be at the Dark Forest. She questioned what he meant. When questioned where Ivypool is she answered that she is coming.
- After the beginning of the battle, Ivypool found Blossomfall and her Dark Forest companions hiding under a clump of gorse in fear. Blossomfall asked what should they do, they cannot attack clanmates. She was reassured by Ivypool and accompanied the Dark Forest cats to attack WindClan camp. As they waited, Blossomfall shifted her paws and asked why don’t the help the first wave of Dark Forest cats. She was seen later back to back with Applefur, fighting off Dark Forest cats.
- Later, Blossomfall ran into camp alongside Birchfall and Mousewhisker. Blossomfall warned the clan that a patrol of Dark Forest cats are coming. She fought against the Dark Forest cats and called an alarm when Midnight burst into camp, but was quickly reassured.
In the Novellas
- Later in the book, Hollyleaf is traveling through the tunnels and she comes to find out from Fallen Leaves, that there are two ThunderClan cats wandering in the tunnels. The two are revealed to be Blossomfall and Ivypool. Fallen Leaves suggests to Hollyleaf that she leads them out, which she does so. The two cats are grateful for Hollyleaf's help, but are puzzled about her identity.
- Blossomfall does not formally appear in Mistystar's Omen, but is listed in the allegiances.
- In the allegiances of Long Shadows, Sunrise, and Hollyleaf's Story, she was mistakenly described as a pale brown she-cat with a darker stripe running along her spine.
- In Fading Echoes, a few pages after her warrior ceremony, she was mistakenly called by her apprentice name, Blossompaw. She was also mentioned by her apprentice name later in the book.
- She has SkyClan blood, since her grandparents, Willowpelt and Patchpelt, are both Spottedleaf's siblings.
- She has kittypet blood, as her mother, Millie, was born a kittypet.
- It was revealed by Vicky that Blossomfall didn't join the Dark Forest because she was evil, but because she felt neglected. This is later backed up by Vicky yet again, who did confirm that Millie neglected her other children out of her desperate attempt to care for Briarlight.
- She was mistakenly referred to as a brown tabby in Sign of the Moon.
Please do not edit this gallery
- Sootfur: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Rainwhisker: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Darkstripe: Deceased, Verified Place of No Stars member
- Longtail: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Nightkit: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Mistkit: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Tigerstar: Deceased, No Residence
- Sandstorm: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Bramblestar: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Tawnypelt: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Hawkfrost: Deceased, No Residence
- Mothwing: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Tadpole: Deceased, Residence Unknown
- Leafpool: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Squirrelflight: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Tigerheart: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Flametail: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Dawnpelt: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Lionblaze: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Jayfeather: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Hollyleaf: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Molepaw: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Cinderheart: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Poppyfrost: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Honeyfern: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Molewhisker: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Cherryfall: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Cloudstar: Deceased, Verified SkyClan ancestor
- Birdflight: Deceased, Verified SkyClan ancestor
- Spottedpelt: Deceased, Verified SkyClan ancestor
- Gorseclaw: Deceased, Verified SkyClan ancestor
= Gender Unknown
- Blossomfall: "Why should they? We won. What else should we be doing?"
- Ivypaw: "We should be learning how we could have fought better."
- Night Whispers, page 74
- "I don't know how loners and rogues manage on their own, do you, Dovewing?"
- —Blossomfall on being a warrior Sign of the Moon, page 82
- "No. A good cat wouldn't be jealous of an injured littermate. So that's why I've ended up in the Dark Forest. I'm not stupid. I know it's where cats go if they're not allowed into StarClan. But I guess I won't get into StarClan either, because I hate my sister for being injured. So the Dark Forest is where I fit in, and I'm getting good training, better than anything we get here."
- —Blossomfall explaining to Ivypool Sign of the Moon, page 246
- "Excuse me, but who's your littermate? You could show a little loyalty, you know."
- —Blossomfall when Bumblestripe partners with Dovewing instead of her The Forgotten Warrior, page 198
- "We move like squirrels, but we fight like foxes!"
- —Blossomfall to Redwillow about ThunderClan The Last Hope, page 112
References and Citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Revealed in Eclipse, page 158
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Revealed in The Fourth Apprentice, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 176
- ↑ Revealed in Long Shadows, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Sunrise, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Hollyleaf's Story, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 187
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 279
- ↑ Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 497
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 Revealed in Eclipse, page 159
- ↑ Revealed in an unknown book, page 11
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook.
- ↑ Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 131
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Revealed in Forest of Secrets, pages 220-221
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 Revealed in Rising Storm, page 120
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 362
- ↑ Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 8
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 30
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 2
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 23.2 Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 266
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 Revealed in Rising Storm, pages 19-20
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 Revealed in Moonrise, page 258
- ↑ Revealed in Return to the Clans, page 2
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 509
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 28.2 Revealed in Dark River, pages 20-21
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 29.2 Revealed in Sunrise, page 251
- ↑ 30.0 30.1 30.2 30.3 Revealed in Sunset, page 27
- ↑ 31.0 31.1 Revealed in The Fourth Apprentice, page 299
- ↑ 32.0 32.1 32.2 32.3 Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 4