|"I will honor my ancestors in StarClan, but not those who have ever walked in the Dark Forest. Guide my steps wisely, warriors of the past. And warriors of now."|
|— Bramblestar rising as a new leader in The Last Hope, page 328|
In the Super Edition Arc
- As Tallstar lay dying, Brambleclaw, Firestar, and Onewhisker are present. It is during this time that Tallstar names Onewhisker his successor. This strips Mudclaw of his rank as deputy, and although initially shocked, Onewhisker promises to protect WindClan.
- Bramblepaw finally has his warrior assessment, and decides to prove himself by tracking his mentor, Firestar. While Firestar is walking in the forest, Bramblepaw jumps out of the bushes, attacking his mentor. At first, Firestar is startled and thinks it's an enemy warrior, but he soon realizes that it's only Bramblepaw. Firestar is impressed and surprised at his great skills. When Bramblepaw asks if he is good enough to be a warrior, Firestar assures him that his ceremony will be first thing in the next morning. Firestar sometimes still sees Tigerstar in Bramblepaw, but he always shakes it off, knowing that he is a very different cat than his father. He is made a warrior and is given the name Brambleclaw, in honor of his father, Firestar praising him for his courage and loyalty. It is mentioned that he is popular in the Clan, and that his Clanmates are happy that he had earned his warrior name, Brambleclaw.
- When making a report on the activities of the patrols to Firestar, Sandstorm comments that Brambleclaw must have been worn out that night since he went out late the night before with his warrior assessment, and then hunted with Graystripe and Ashfur all afternoon. That night, Firestar comes up to Brambleclaw and asks him if he is okay, and he only nods his head, since he is under a vow of silence. Firestar tells Brambleclaw to fetch him if he needs any help, and he nods his head solemnly once again. When Firestar comments to Sandstorm that Brambleclaw is restless, she asks if he did not know if it was right for him to make Brambleclaw a warrior, but he says no, and that Brambleclaw is not the same cat as his father. In the morning after Brambleclaw's warrior vigil, Firestar sees Ashfur tell Brambleclaw that his vigil is over, and that he will find him somewhere to sleep. His sister also receives her warrior name, Tawnypelt.
- At the Gathering, Firestar announces that Brambleclaw is ThunderClan's newest warrior. Brambleclaw dips his head, embarrassed, when they all cheer.
- Ashfur is the cat he is mostly seen hanging around with. Ashfur and Brambleclaw challenge Smudge to a fight, not knowing that he is Firestar's old kittypet friend. He asks Brambleclaw what they are doing, and he replies that they are on the border patrol with Mousefur and Dustpelt. Brambleclaw hisses at Smudge before he leaves, telling him to stay off ThunderClan territory in the future.
- Brambleclaw is seen sitting with Ashfur and Mousefur. Brambleclaw is also seen in the epilogue, when he returns from a patrol with Firestar, and is expecting to go to the Gathering later that day.
- Bramblestar is in the entrance of the camp, remembering the harsh leaf-bare and with it, the greencough. He is immediately scared by Berrynose, who had emerged from the thorns. Berrynose invites Bramblestar to a patrol he is leading beside the WindClan border, along with Millie, Rosepetal, Spiderleg, and the newly-made apprentice Amberpaw. While following the group, Bramblestar notices how thin most of ThunderClan is, but how nonetheless they are alert and powerful, and trusts that ThunderClan is not yet beaten.
- Meanwhile, at the border patrol, Berrynose recognizes fresh WindClan scents on the border. Amberpaw, being an excited apprentice, pads over to the stream and accidentally slips in. There is a loud splash, and Spiderleg dives into the cold water and drags Amberpaw out. She complains about it being so cold. Spiderleg scolds her, as a WindClan cat, Weaselfur, demands what is happening. Spiderleg growls at the WindClan tom and carries on with the patrol.
- Rosepetal starts a fight with Weaselfur, hissing at him. Weaselfur unsheathes his claws, ready for a fight. Nightcloud leaps out, towards Rosepetal, trapping her and clawing at her ears. Bramblestar commands Rosepetal to come back to the ThunderClan side of the stream. Bramblestar then explains how an apprentice fell in the stream. After that, they then chat about the prey. Leaftail mentions that Sedgewhisker is expecting Emberfoot's kits. Bramblestar continues on with the patrol, Amberpaw licking her fur and Rosepetal taking care of her ear.
- Bramblestar then remembers the battle with the Dark Forest as the sun shinee down in the hollow. Whitewing, Dewpaw, Seedpaw, Lilypaw, and their mentors, Bumblestripe and Poppyfrost were there, too. They all remembered their names one by one. First Mousefur, then Foxleap, Ferncloud, Sorreltail, and Firestar. After remembering the lives they lost in the battle, Snowpaw, Dewpaw, Lilypaw, Seedpaw, and their mentors all head off to train. Amberpaw complained about not going but eventually was assigned to get clean moss for Purdy. Squirrelflight arranged Brightheart, Millie, Mousewhisker, and Dovewing to go on a border patrol to the ShadowClan border.
- More Coming Soon
In the Original Arc
- Bramblekit and his sister, Tawnykit, are born to Goldenflower and Tigerclaw. He looks exactly the same as his father and bears no resemblance to Goldenflower, he has the same dark tabby pelt, the exact shade of amber eyes, broad shoulders, and head. Fireheart does not trust him because of this, and is even a bit afraid of the kit, thinking he'll grow up to be the same murderous, ambitious, bloodthirsty cat like his father is. His mother, Goldenflower, also nurses Graystripe and Silverstream's kits, Featherkit and Stormkit, after their mother's death until a RiverClan patrol takes them to their mother's clan.
- Fireheart is still afraid that Bramblekit will grow up to be a killer and a traitor, just like his father, but Goldenflower always sticks up for him. They talk and Goldenflower tries to convince him that what their father had done does not live on in these innocent kits. Still, Fireheart is wary about them, especially Bramblekit; mostly because he looks exactly like his father, unlike Tawnykit, who does not share that misfortune. Every time he looks at Bramblekit, he sees his father, Tigerclaw, which scares him because he thinks that Tigerclaw will live on in his son.
- Later, when a fire spreads through the ThunderClan camp, Fireheart and Yellowfang realize that Halftail and Patchpelt are missing. While Yellowfang tries to rescue Halftail, Fireheart gone to save Patchpelt and he notices Bramblekit, who is trapped on a flaming tree. Fireheart instantly goes to save him, and as they jump down, the tree trunk splinters and falls across the entrance to the medicine den, where Yellowfang and Halftail are trapped. Fireheart comes back to the camp after the fire, and finds Yellowfang dying, from breathing in too much smoke, and Halftail is burned to death. Afterwards, Fireheart starts to think that saving Tigerstar's son might have cost Yellowfang's life.
- Fireheart is still wary about Bramblekit, especially when he plays roughly with Snowkit. Fireheart asks Bramblekit what they are doing, and Bramblekit replies that they are only playing. Fireheart then questions him of why Snowkit is struggling and shrieking, and Bramblekit says that he cannot play properly. Goldenflower tells Bramblekit that whenever someone squeals, you have to let them go, and she also tells him to not be rude to Fireheart, since he is the Clan deputy. Bramblekit apologizes to Fireheart and Snowkit, and tells Snowkit that he can be leader this time when they played. When Cinderpelt comes in and investigates Snowkit, the other kits play with him, though Bramblekit and Tawnykit tell Cinderpelt that he is no fun and plays no good games.
- Goldenflower tells Fireheart that everyone, including Fireheart, looks at Bramblekit differently because he looks like Tigerstar. She tells him that they both respect him, especially after he saved Bramblekit from the fire. Bramblekit and Tawnykit both go to the fresh-kill pile and fight about who will give One-eye her fresh-kill.
- When Bramblekit catches his first piece of fresh-kill, Goldenflower is very proud, and Bramblekit tells Fireheart that Goldenflower told him he would be a good hunter like his father. Bramblekit asks Fireheart if he can bring the mouse to the elders, and Fireheart said that One-eye would like it, and that she would probably think it was worth a story.
- Darkstripe takes Bramblekit and his sister, Tawnykit, to go see Tigerstar, their father, much to Fireheart's anger. Fireheart is seen interrupting the kits' conversation with their father, and sending the kits home.
- Bramblekit is apprenticed to Fireheart as Bramblepaw. While touring ThunderClan territory, he is almost hit by a monster. He and his sister are told by Fireheart why their father left ThunderClan. Bramblepaw takes it harder than his sister, which he shows by yelling at Fireheart, saying that this was the reason Fireheart and the others in the Clan did not trust him. Later in the book, Bramblepaw's father leads the pack of dogs to ThunderClan. Tigerstar asks Darkstripe to bring his kits to him while the dog pack destroys ThunderClan, but he is caught in the act by Fireheart.
- His mentor, Firestar, is now ThunderClan's leader, after the death of Bluestar. Whitestorm tells Firestar that Bramblepaw is a skillful hunter, and that he had lost count of how much prey he had brought in. Bramblepaw tracks Firestar and encounters him looking across at a Twolegplace. Bramblepaw asks him if he misses the Twoleg Nest where he grew up. When Bramblepaw had asked him that question, Firestar replies honestly that sometimes he does, but it is a better life in the forest. As they walk back to camp together, it begins to snow and Bramblepaw plays in it, making Firestar wonder if Tigerstar had ever played like that, and when he had become the traitorous murderer he was at that time.
- When Sorrelkit is in the medicine cat den, after being fed deathberries by Darkstripe, Firestar asks Bramblepaw to collect the squirrel he had left, and that he has had a long day, so he could eat and rest. Bramblepaw asks if Sorrelkit will be okay, and Firestar replies that he doesn't know. When the ThunderClan cats go to the Gathering, Whitestorm and Firestar agree that they should keep an eye on Bramblepaw and Tawnypaw in case Tigerstar tries to take them away. Firestar tells Bramblepaw that he is shaping up well during a battle-training session. Firestar even sees ambition like Tigerstar's in his eyes, but realizes that Bramblepaw only has ambition to be the best warrior he could be. To Bramblepaw's sorrow, his sister Tawnypaw leaves ThunderClan for ShadowClan, believing that she can never fit in with ThunderClan, because she is being judged because of the fact that Tigerstar is her father.
- Bramblepaw and Firestar are out on a training session when Bramblepaw asks Firestar why it is a bad idea to join TigerClan. Firestar is worried Bramblepaw will get angry after hearing that Tigerstar would take over all Clans, but Bramblepaw understands.
- Bramblepaw is offered to join TigerClan by his father. However, he refuses the offer, saying that after all Tigerstar had done, he would rather die than join him, proving his loyalty to Firestar and ThunderClan. Firestar thinks it must be humiliating for Tigerstar to be passed over by his son, in favor of his greatest enemy, in front of all the Clans. Tigerstar sneers at him, saying he will be killed along with the rest of ThunderClan.
- Bramblepaw fights with LionClan, led by Firestar, against BloodClan. He and several other apprentices defeat and kill the BloodClan deputy, Bone, after he had killed Whitestorm, then they do the same to a BloodClan cat who tries to stop them. Jaggedtooth attempts to fight Bramblepaw, although the apprentice is soon joined by Tawnypaw, his sister, who helps Bramblepaw fend him off.
In the New Prophecy Arc
- In StarClan, although unnamed at the time, Brambleclaw is chosen by to go on a long journey to find the new territory to fulfill a prophecy, along with three other chosen cats, Feathertail from RiverClan, Crowpaw from WindClan, and Tawnypelt from ShadowClan, one from each Clan. When Brambleclaw is chosen, Oakheart laughs with surprise at Bluestar's decision. Bluestar asks the other members of StarClan if they think Brambleclaw is a noble young cat. They all agree.
- Brambleclaw has a dream that he is hunting, but he is interrupted by Bluestar, who tells him about the prophecy. He does not understand what she means, and tries to catch up to her, but she fades away. He wakes up to Graystripe, who scolds him for waking up the other warriors. Cloudtail says he is like Firestar, always twitching in his sleep.
- Before he goes on patrol, Sorrelpaw gets excited about her upcoming warrior ceremony. Brambleclaw and Sorrelpaw have a conversation that leads them into talking about Ferncloud and her newborn kits. Sorrelpaw urges Brambleclaw to go see the kits and he heads towards the nursery. Ferncloud's mate, Dustpelt, is in the nursery with her. He sees Brambleclaw and asks him to watch over his apprentice, Squirrelpaw, while he spends time with Ferncloud. Brambleclaw groans inwardly, thinking Squirrelpaw is the biggest nuisance in ThunderClan.
- Brambleclaw also goes on the dawn patrol with Thornclaw and Ashfur to check Snakerocks. Brambleclaw later finds Squirrelpaw following them. At first, Brambleclaw is annoyed and he tells her to go back to her mentor. Ashfur and Thornclaw protest, saying that she will need the practice anyway. Brambleclaw reluctantly agrees. The patrol discovers a badger living at Snakerocks. While Squirrelpaw is getting scolded by Dustpelt, her mentor, the patrol reports the badger to Firestar.
- Firestar and Brambleclaw plan to go on a patrol to check on ShadowClan. Brambleclaw makes the suggestion that WindClan are probably more likely to cause trouble, especially since they are short of prey because of the dry weather in their moorland. Squirrelpaw disagrees and the two cats almost fight, but are separated by Firestar. Brambleclaw, Squirrelpaw, and Dustpelt head for the RiverClan border. They discover a WindClan patrol of three cats, Mudclaw, Onewhisker and Crowpaw, on ThunderClan territory, stealing RiverClan prey. Crowpaw attacks Brambleclaw, but Onewhisker stops the apprentice. The WindClan cats leave with the stolen prey.
- When Brambleclaw goes out to Fourtrees to meet with the other cats of the prophecy, Squirrelpaw catches him and quietly follows him. At first, she is hostile to Brambleclaw, claiming that he was meeting with Tawnypelt. When Brambleclaw tries to protest, Feathertail and Stormfur show up. Feathertail explains that Stormfur just wanted to keep her safe. They finally tell Squirrelpaw the secret, but only if she will keep quiet about it. She is shown to be quite hostile towards Crowpaw during the Fourtrees gathering. After this, the six cats spend much time together, discussing it.
- Brambleclaw has another dream. This time, he is drowning in water. He tries to tilt his head back, but only more water flows in to his mouth. This water seemed to be very salty. When he woke up, all he can taste is the foul taste of salt. He goes to Ravenpaw, who helps him interpret the dream, telling him that the sun-drown-place is real, and that it holds salty water.
- While Cinderpelt and Leafpaw are looking for herbs, they see a piece of Twoleg rubbish set on fire. Leafpaw runs away but stops to see that Cinderpelt has not moved. The fire dies away and Cinderpelt tells her that she saw a tiger in the flames, and that it was an omen from StarClan. The two cats tell Firestar what they saw, and Cinderpelt thinks that it means the fire and tiger will destroy the forest. They conclude that Firestar's daughter and Tigerstar's son will destroy the forest. At first, Leafpaw let out a shriek, worried that she will destroy the forest, though Cinderpelt comforts her and says that it will probably be Squirrelpaw, since she has the same pelt color as Firestar. Firestar is angered about this, and tries to keep Squirrelpaw and Brambleclaw apart nearly all the time, growling whenever they even look at each other.
- Brambleclaw sets out on a quest to find Midnight, along with the three before mentioned cats chosen by StarClan, and two other cats, Squirrelpaw and Stormfur. On the eve of the journey, Brambleclaw and Squirrelpaw get away from the camp and head for the Thunderpath. They sleep near the Thunderpath under a monster that is unusually large. The next morning, while traveling to Fourtrees, Leafpaw shows up with traveling herbs. Leafpaw reveals that she knows that they are about to leave on a dangerous journey.
- After Leafpaw gives them the traveling herbs, Squirrelpaw hears dogs. There turns out to be more than one and Feathertail and Brambleclaw get lost after being chased by the dogs. After a few panicking moments, they are found by the others. They later find Purdy, who claims he knows the way to the sun-drown place. They follow Purdy along the journey, and he leads them to strange food they had never tasted before. He leads them towards a Twolegplace and there, they catch golden fish after Feathertail teaches them how to. This is when Crowpaw receives his salt-water sign.
- He also gives them little pellets that look like rabbit droppings, but most of them ignore this and drink this warm white liquid, which turns out to be milk. Crowpaw is angered and tells him that they were heading the wrong way, since they were supposed to be heading towards the sun, not going to opposite way. This stutters Purdy, and they realize that Purdy never knew the way to the sun-drown place. Still, they need him to lead them out of the Twolegplace, where they are lost. Once he leads them out of the Twolegplace, they find the sun-drown place. Many are shocked about this, thinking that Purdy just wandered around and led them here, though Purdy protests and says he knew the way all along.
- Brambleclaw assumes the role of the leader of the six throughout the journey, and the others respect him. When they reach the sun-drown-place, Brambleclaw falls in the salty water, but is rescued by Squirrelpaw. Squirrelpaw says she thought Brambleclaw was dead. Then, as they enter the cave Brambleclaw saw in his dream, they see a badger, who is Midnight. Midnight warns them that danger is coming in the forest, and they are the cats who must warn their Clans and bring them to a new home.
- The questing cats start their journey back to the Clans, through the mountains. When Stormfur sees Brambleclaw with Squirrelpaw, he feels a pang of jealousy, although he knows that he cannot be with her since they are in different Clans. Stormfur acts jealous of Brambleclaw because of his close relationship with Squirrelpaw.
- Brambleclaw says that they will find food as they go on their trip, and Squirrelpaw calls him a bossy furball, but Tawnypelt agrees with him. When Crowpaw chases after a rabbit, Brambleclaw asks him where he was going, but it was too late, and he asked if Crowpaw ever listened. Once Crowpaw brings the rabbit back, Brambleclaw apologizes to Crowpaw, saying that he had forgotten how fast WindClan cats were and that the moor they were on must have felt like home to him.
- Brambleclaw welcomes Purdy when come across again. Afterwards, Brambleclaw said that they should all split up to hunt, and then meet back at the camp. When he asks Tawnypelt if she wanted to go straight to camp, she told him that she can hunt as well as any of them. When the foxes arrive at their camp, Brambleclaw tries to shield Squirrelpaw from the foxes, but she manages to squeeze out from underneath him. Midnight talks to the foxes in a mix of barks and growls. The foxes tell Midnight if the cats are still there by sunset, they'll attack. Midnight tells the traveling cats to go through the mountains. Purdy protests and tries to tell them it's dangerous, but Midnight cuts him off. Brambleclaw thanks Midnight and they decide to go through the mountains.
- When the cats find a narrow ledge, Brambleclaw thinks that it's safe to cross, and he asks for Stormfur's opinion. Stormfur agrees, and Brambleclaw tells him to bring up the rear, since they do not know what could be lurking out there.
- During the mountains, they find the Tribe of Rushing Water. Brambleclaw agrees to go with the Tribe, as they were in no position to argue. They come to a cave and the Clan cats enter, feeling suspicious. They are being well-fed by the tribe of cats, but Brambleclaw is still wary. When Stoneteller is ready to read a new prophecy, Brambleclaw is protesting, saying that Stormfur is with them, and that he does not belong to the Tribe. Stormfur is captured, and the group of cats are allowed two more days until they are forced to leave without Stormfur.
- When Stormfur is trapped by the Tribe of Rushing Water, Brambleclaw helps come up with Stormfur's plan to defeat Sharptooth and escape from the Tribe. Brambleclaw tries to stop Squirrelpaw from attacking Sharptooth, but she ignores him and to his relief, she succeeds. When Feathertail dies while rescuing Crowpaw, Brambleclaw comforts Squirrelpaw as he feels her death just as the other cats on the journey, all of which had becomes close to her.
- Brambleclaw and the other questing cats return to the forest to tell the Clans they must find a new home, and see that the destruction had already begun. He, Stormfur, and Squirrelpaw leave the other cats to travel to ThunderClan territory. Squirrelpaw is attacked by Cinderpelt, who does not realize who she is yet, thinking she is trying to steal her herbs. Cinderpelt recognizes Squirrelpaw, and the three cats explain to Cinderpelt about the journey and prophecy. It is mentioned that he, Squirrelpaw, Crowpaw, Tawnypelt, and Stormfur were lean cats, due to the journey.
- Cinderpelt tells them that Larchkit and Dappletail are dead, and ThunderClan had to evacuate to Sunningrocks due to the Twoleg invasion. Squirrelpaw and Brambleclaw see how bad the damage is. The trees are torn down, the Twolegs had poisoned and scared away most of the prey, and their dens are being destroyed.
- After Stormfur returns to RiverClan, Brambleclaw and Squirrelpaw explain to Firestar and the senior warriors of why they had left the Clans. Squirrelpaw asks Brambleclaw to go with her and find Leafpaw. He refuses, saying that they needed to wait. Sorreltail overhears them, and tells Squirrelpaw that she would be willing to go. Once they reach the area where Leafpaw and the others are, Squirrelpaw and Sorreltail are almost caught by Twolegs. They meet Graystripe's patrol at Snakerocks, who is with Thornclaw and Rainwhisker. Brambleclaw joins them, saying he had been looking for Squirrelpaw.
- While he is on patrol with Firestar, Ashfur and Squirrelpaw, they meet Hawkfrost, and his mother Sasha by the RiverClan border and they chase her out of ThunderClan.
- When the four Clans reach Highstones, he, Squirrelpaw, Crowpaw, Tawnypelt, and Stormfur discuss whether they should continue leading the Clans to sun-drown place. Tawnypelt arrives and asks for their help to save ShadowClan, as their camp was being destroyed. Brambleclaw is sent to RiverClan to ask Leopardstar to help them. Along the way, Crowpaw temporarily loses his mind, not caring that he was nearly killed by a Twoleg monster.
- Leafpaw gets caught by a dog and is rescued by Hawkfrost. Brambleclaw and Squirrelpaw arrive and succeed in driving the dog off.
- The Clans agree to set out on the journey to the Lake, and Brambleclaw helps the cats make their way through the mountains. When Stormfur leaves to the Tribe, Brambleclaw feels jealous that Squirrelpaw loves Stormfur more than him. He confronts Squirrelpaw about this, and she reveals that her heart will always be with Brambleclaw.
- Firestar announces that Brambleclaw and Squirrelpaw did not destroy the Clan, but they had saved it.
- Brambleclaw is one of the cats to explore the new territory, along with Mistyfoot, Squirrelflight, Crowfeather, and Tawnypelt after Squirrelflight's warrior ceremony. There was some conflict as to who was the leader of this group of cats, due to the fact that Mistyfoot was a deputy and Brambleclaw was just a young warrior, but Mistyfoot agrees to follow his leadership anyway. The five cats start to argue over territory, but Brambleclaw breaks it up.
- He is also confronted with a huge wave of homesickness, which Squirrelflight kindly understands. His physical affection toward her grows even more. When Squirrelflight scents catmint, she leads Brambleclaw to the area, where two ferocious, well-fed, and muscular kittypets attack them. They are struggling until Mistyfoot, Tawnypelt, and Crowfeather arrive.
- When Squirrelflight accidentally falls into a hollow which turns out to be the future ThunderClan camp, Brambleclaw has to come down with her and explore the territory, finally telling her that he could not have done this without her. He also realizes that he brought everything that is truly important to him from the old forest, which is Squirrelflight. They return to camp and Brambleclaw explains the territory to the Clan.
- Squirrelflight and Brambleclaw start arguing over Hawkfrost, since he is shown to be having an interest in his half-brother.
- His father, Tigerstar, now in the Place of No Stars, starts to visit him and his half-brother, Hawkfrost, in dreams, training them in the ways of power. He teaches them battle moves and how to gain power in the lake, even proposing the idea of merging two Clans.
- Brambleclaw is one of the three cats to hear Tallstar proclaim Onewhisker deputy of WindClan. He helps WindClan when their former deputy, Mudclaw, attempts to take over.
- Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight lead the rest of ThunderClan to the stone hollow. The Clan complains about the camp, leaving Brambleclaw to become unsure if it is the right spot. His mother, Goldenflower, comforts him.
- He is on patrol with Brackenfur, Rainwhisker, Dustpelt, Whitepaw and Spiderpaw. They scent a stale fox-scent. When Brambleclaw accidentally walks into the ShadowClan border, Rowanclaw accuses him, but Brambleclaw protests and says that he can barely scent the border. More ShadowClan warriors arrive, including Tawnypelt. A border fight nearly starts, but Firestar arrives and breaks up the fight. He then later asks Brambleclaw to return to camp and make nests, which leaves Brambleclaw to wonder if that is a punishment, or just to settle into their territory.
- Brambleclaw avoids telling Squirrelflight about his dreams meeting with Tigerstar. She can tell he is keeping secrets from her and she refuses to speak to him. On the way to the Gathering, the Clan cats meet Smoky and Daisy, two cats who live at the Horseplace. They reassure them that they will not fight them if they stay to their territory. Brambleclaw greets Tawnypelt. He then finds Hawkfrost, who reveals that he thinks that Onewhisker is unfit to lead WindClan, and that Mudclaw agrees. He believes that Brambleclaw deserves to be deputy of ThunderClan. Squirrelflight spots him talking with his half-brother and she is angered once again, so she sits with Ashfur during the Gathering.
- Brambleclaw asks Squirrelflight to hunt with him, but she refuses, since she is already going hunting with Ashfur and Spiderleg instead. Firestar tells Brambleclaw to rest, but he is reluctant to do so. When he is about to settle into his nest, he offers to go with Sandstorm and Cinderpelt to take the news of the new Moonstone to Littlecloud and Mothwing.
- Brambleclaw is leading a patrol along the ShadowClan border when they spot Mistyfoot heading toward them through ShadowClan territory. Mistyfoot requests to see Firestar, with urgent news. Brambleclaw leads her to camp, knowing that Mistyfoot won't make a fuss over nothing. Firestar gathers Sandstorm, Brambleclaw, Dustpelt and Brackenfur to hear Mistyfoot's news. Mistyfoot tells of how she is convinced Hawkfrost and Mudclaw are involved in a plot to overthrow Onewhisker's leadership, with cats of RiverClan, WindClan, and ShadowClan. Brackenfur deduces that they will have to attack that night, since Onewhisker could receive his nine lives now. Firestar calls a Clan meeting, announcing they will take a patrol to WindClan to make sure nothing happens. As they leave, Brambleclaw is surprised to see pity instead of triumph in Squirrelflight's eyes, due to the fact that Hawkfrost had turned out to be bad.
- He realizes that he'd choose Squirrelflight over any cat, even Hawkfrost, and that she is the only one that he wants, but his attempts to apologize fail.
- He gets in a battle with Mudclaw. As Mudclaw gains lead and is about to kill him, his brother, Hawkfrost, appears and throws him off Brambleclaw. Brambleclaw wonders why he did that, though Hawkfrost only said that he believed Mudclaw was the rightful leader for WindClan, but Brambleclaw was his brother.
- Brambleclaw thanks him for saving his life. When he approaches Squirrelflight, she ignores him, angry that he was speaking to Hawkfrost.
- Brambleclaw is the lead of the patrol that makes sure that Onewhisker receives his nine lives and names safely, along with Squirrelflight, Ashfur and Rainwhisker.
- Brambleclaw continues to be visited by Tigerstar in his dreams. Tigerstar offers him training and advice to become the best warrior he can be. He and Squirrelflight argue as his friendship with Hawkfrost grows, and she starts to spend more time with Ashfur.
- When Squirrelflight and Ashfur are supposed to be collecting moss, he spots them having a moss fight. This angers Squirrelflight and she stomps into the forest where she is attacked by a fox. Ashfur tries to help her, but in the end, Brambleclaw is the one who had saved them both.
- When Squirrelflight accidentally crosses the ShadowClan border, Brambleclaw tells her off. Squirrelflight says that Ashfur is the only cat she can trust with her life, thus upsetting Brambleclaw.
- When Daisy and her kits are brought to ThunderClan, he does not think that they should be allowed to stay, since they're kittypets, but Cloudtail and Squirrelflight defend them and they stay. He also is upset when Ashfur becomes Birchpaw's mentor, possibly because he wants to have an apprentice so he can become deputy quicker.
- When Leafpool dreams of the Place of No Stars, she spots Brambleclaw and Hawkfrost, and another tabby that looks just like Brambleclaw, which is later revealed to be Tigerstar. She watches as Tigerstar trains and fights his two sons.
- Brambleclaw gathers a patrol and heads for the ShadowClan border, where they head towards the Twoleg place. During this time, he devises a plan to frighten the kittypets. The patrol ends up scaring the kittypets away, and ShadowClan thanks them kindly. After this, Squirrelflight seems to be acting friendly towards Brambleclaw again, though he acts coldly towards her.
- Brambleclaw helps Squirrelfight look for her sister, Leafpool, after the pair find out that the medicine cat has gone missing. The friendship the duo used to have is quickly rekindled, and Squirrelflight finds herself wondering just what Brambleclaw means to her. Squirrelflight realizes that she wouldn't leave her Clan and kin for Ashfur, unlike her sister, who left for Crowfeather. However, when she asks herself if she would do it for Brambleclaw, she finds herself unable to answer the question.
- When badgers start to raid the camp, Squirrelflight and Brambleclaw bring the kits away from camp. He stays fighting alongside Squirrelflight, promising to watch her back, for the rest of the battle.
- After the badger attack, Squirrelflight and Brambleclaw admit their love for each other, much to Ashfur's dismay, and are confirmed as mates. Later Squirrelflight is told of a dream from Leafpool, in which Leafpool sees a vision of two starry paw-prints together, so close that they couldn't tell the different paw-prints of the two cats. Those two cats are revealed to be Squirrelflight and Brambleclaw, meaning that nothing can separate the two cats. Squirrelflight is excited about this and she goes to Ashfur to tell him that she does not have feelings for him, and that she only wants to be friends, but Ashfur rejects this offer, as he is heartbroken.
- When ShadowClan moves the border, taking more territory for themselves, a border fight ensues, and ThunderClan manages to move the border back. Brambleclaw assumes Leafpool told Littlecloud of ShadowClan about their weakness at a medicine cat meeting, but it is later revealed that Hawkfrost told them about it. He feels bad for accusing the medicine cat, but he can't apologize to her for fear of revealing his training in the Dark Forest with his father and brother.
- He overhears Birchpaw asking Ashfur to train, but the gray warrior has reopened his wound on a rock, so Brambleclaw offers to take him on patrol. Ashfur is about to refuse when Firestar steps in and agrees. Brambleclaw takes Sandstorm and Thornclaw as well, and they go towards ShadowClan. They find out that ShadowClan has set their markers inside ThunderClan territory. Brambleclaw sends Birchpaw back to camp to get help and the three warriors challenge the ShadowClan cats. They emerge into a battle, fighting with Russetfur, Oakfur, Cedarheart, and Rowanclaw. They are losing gain in the battle when Birchpaw brings help with a new patrol that consists of Firestar, Squirrelflight, Dustpelt, Spiderleg, and Rainwhisker. Together, they chase ShadowClan off.
- Back at camp, Brambleclaw accuses Leafpool of betraying ThunderClan in telling Littlecloud of the terrible badger attack, and therefore, revealing ThunderClan's weakness. He is rebuked by Squirrelflight for calling her disloyal and immediately apologizes, but mutters as saying.
- Brambleclaw later urges Firestar to admit that Graystripe would not be coming back, and to choose a new deputy, which Firestar very reluctantly agrees to do. When Leafpool is given a sign from StarClan that Brambleclaw should be the new deputy, Firestar agrees and gives Brambleclaw the position, much to Brambleclaw's surprise. Ashfur challenges Leafpool, accusing her of making a false sign because Brambleclaw is her sister's mate. Squirrelflight becomes very angry at this, and almost attacks him, but is stopped by Brambleclaw. Firestar then tells the clan that Brambleclaw will be mentor to Berrykit when he is old enough, much to Brambleclaw's liking.
- After becoming deputy, Brambleclaw continues to meet with Tigerstar and Hawkfrost in his dreams. Hawkfrost arranges a trap, and after hesitating, Brambleclaw makes a decision: he will not kill Firestar for power. He attempts to dig the stick out of the ground to loosen the fox trap, but Hawkfrost attacks and is eventually killed by Brambleclaw—fulfilling a prophecy given to Leafpool: Before there is peace, blood will spill blood, and the lake will run red—using the sharp end of the fox trap stick, and Brambleclaw proved his loyalty once again. He realizes that listening to Tigerstar was wrong, and he stops visiting him in his dreams.
In the Power of Three Arc
- During the beginning of the book, Thornclaw explains how a female fox was killed in a fox trap near The Sky Oak. They conclude that the fox has had cubs, and decide to find and either kill the cubs or drive them out. Brambleclaw sends out patrols to search for the den, and he also leaves behind some warriors to guard the camp.
- Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight have three kits, Jaykit, Hollykit and Lionkit. He still mentors his apprentice, Berrypaw. He is seen as a good deputy, but still frets over Hawkfrost's revelation of a cat who wishes to betray him. When Jaykit asks if he can help guard the camp, Brambleclaw tells Jaykit that he will not be able to become a warrior, due to his blindness, but Hollykit and Lionkit, his siblings, stand up for Jaykit.
- When Graystripe returns, Brambleclaw is happy to see him, but at the same time, worried over losing his position as the deputy. After a gathering, Hollypaw, Lionpaw, and Mousepaw fight whether Brambleclaw should remain deputy, or not. Hollypaw points out that Graystripe was the deputy first and should become the deputy again, according to the Warrior Code.
- When a patrol returns, Ashfur reports that ShadowClan marked every tree along the border. Several cats suggest that ShadowClan is up to something, and the warriors argue whether they should ignore, or confront them. Brambleclaw sends out a patrol to place scent marks on the border. After he does so, Firestar asks Leafpool to share tongues with StarClan, to find out who is ThunderClan's rightful deputy.
- Brambleclaw takes his patrol to check out the ShadowClan border once again, and they are attacked by a large ShadowClan patrol. The ShadowClan cats taunt them, saying that ThunderClan is not a real Clan anymore, just a full group of kittypets. The two Clans prepare for a battle. When more cats arrive, ThunderClan wins the battle. Brambleclaw and Ashfur remark the border while the rest of the Clan return to camp.
- Firestar decides to keep Brambleclaw deputy, mostly due to Leafpool's dream, where she sees brambles with claws protecting the camp, although this would be breaking the warrior code considering Graystripe was not dead. Only a few cats were happy about this, most of them being disappointed or surprised. He is also seen being proud of his daughter, Hollypaw, for winning the fighting contest at the Daylight Gathering.
- He is worried when Lionpaw hurts Hollypaw in battle training that day, and the way he acts toward his mentor, Ashfur, so he took Lionpaw out hunting. He is suspicious when Lionpaw performs a move where he uses his claw to snag the opponent as he dashes under and by them, because Brambleclaw recognizes it as one of Tigerstar's signature battle moves. He ignores it and tells him that he felt the same way, always having to prove his loyalty even more just because he was Tigerstar's son, when he shouldn't even have to.
- When Hollypaw goes missing, he joins the Clan along with Squirrelflight. He asks whether they knew for sure that Hollypaw was captured by WindClan, after Brightheart suggests that. After no one replies, he tells them not to assume the worst.
- After the fight with WindClan, Brambleclaw meets the returning patrol and asks if they had driven the WindClan cats away. Stormfur replies that it was easy. When Squirrelflight comes and asks if Lionpaw was hurt, he tells her that he fought like a warrior.
- When Leafpool and Jaypaw are sent to WindClan to speak with Onestar, Brambleclaw, along with Dustpelt, accompany them to the border. When Dustpelt asks if they were going to sit and wait for a WindClan patrol to ask if they needed help, Brambleclaw growls that that was what they were going to do.
- When WindClan decides to attack RiverClan, and ThunderClan is preparing for an attack, Brambleclaw tells Lionpaw to get something to eat and help with the preparations. When Lionpaw replies that he isn't hungry, Brambleclaw asks if he was scared. He tells Lionpaw about when he used to be afraid of seeing his Clanmates wounded. He says that defending the Clan is part of the warrior code and says that Lionpaw has the makings of a great warrior.
- During his apprentice, Berrynose's, warrior ceremony, Brambleclaw hisses in annoyance because his former apprentice spoke out during the ceremony.
- Stormfur is easily annoyed with Berrynose acting as if he is Clan leader, saying that he was only appointed a warrior a few sunrises ago. Brambleclaw calms him, and reminds him of the journey to the sun-drown place.
- Later that day, he goes on a hunting patrol with Hollypaw, Sandstorm, and Honeypaw. Near the WindClan border, they pick up the scent of the Tribe cats and when scenting them, his eyes were troubled. Hollypaw and Honeypaw run back to camp to warn Firestar. They pick up the scent again at camp.
- Brambleclaw volunteers to go to the Tribe of Rushing Water once more with Firestar's permission. He is followed by Crowfeather, Stormfur, Brook, Tawnypelt, Squirrelflight, Breezepaw, Lionpaw, Hollypaw, and Jaypaw. Brambleclaw takes Lionpaw to the ShadowClan border to see Tawnypelt, to convince her to come along, since she was one of the six cats who had traveled to the sun-drown place. The group of cats meets Purdy again along the way and Brambleclaw allows him to join the journey.
- Brambleclaw approaches Hollypaw, Lionpaw, and Breezepaw and tells them that they will be in charge of training the to-bes. Later, Lionpaw goes with Brambleclaw to explore the Tribe's territory and begin setting up borders to keep out the rogues. The cats begin to find possible markings for the border. They find three intruders just ahead of them. Brambleclaw tells them that they are marking a border, but the intruders disagree and are hostile towards them.
- Brambleclaw stops Crag and the others from battling and leads them away. Before they make it back to the cave, Brambleclaw scents the intruders on the Tribe's territory. He leads them over to the intruders, yowling fiercely. The startled intruders run off, hissing threats. The Tribe cats are astonished and disappointed to hear about what happened, but Brambleclaw reassures them that the only thing left to do is to fight them and defeat them once and for all. Stoneteller refuses, but then decides that the Tribe will choose what they want to do. Brambleclaw gathers the cats willing to fight together. He tells them they will strike tonight under the full moon. It was noted that Brambleclaw has a lot of respect for Crag.
- He works hard to bring together the panicked Tribe, and is seen as a sort of a leader while he was there. He leads most of the patrols, and proudly leads the Tribe into battle.
- Brambleclaw, Hollypaw, Sandstorm and Brackenfur go to find out why WindClan were stealing food from ThunderClan territory. They meet Harespring, Owlwhisker and Ashfoot, the WindClan deputy. Harespring attacks Brambleclaw, but with one swipe, Brambleclaw pins him to the ground. Ashfoot begs Brambleclaw to let him go back to their own territory, saying that Onestar had nothing to say to them. Later on, Brambleclaw leads a patrol to cover one of the three patrols of WindClan. During the battle, he tells Hollypaw to go and ask for help from ShadowClan, because they were horribly outnumbered.
- Brambleclaw's mate, Squirrelflight, gets a deep wound on her belly in a battle, and Brambleclaw is terrified that he will lose her, telling her to sleep well because she is his love, and fortunately, she lives. Later in the book, two of Brambleclaw's kits, Hollypaw and Lionpaw, receive their warrior names, Lionblaze and Hollyleaf, along with Cinderheart.
- His sister, Tawnypelt, seeks shelter from ThunderClan along with her kits, Flamepaw, Tigerpaw, and Dawnpaw, due to the fact that Sol has made ShadowClan turn against the Warrior Code, much to Tawnypelt's annoyance.
- When Firestar catches greencough, Brambleclaw is pressured with organizing all patrols, which is a challenge with many cats unable to patrol due to the deadly sickness. He accidentally schedules Ashfur for two patrols, to Ashfur's annoyance. His son gets his medicine cat name, Jayfeather. When Jayfeather tells him the news, he did not take any notice.
- When Squirrelflight, Jayfeather, Lionblaze, and Hollyleaf are trapped in the camp due to the fire, Ashfur comes to kill the three, saying it will show Squirrelflight how much pain she caused him by choosing Brambleclaw over him. Squirrelflight reveals her dark secret that she isn't the mother of Lionblaze, Jayfeather and Hollyleaf, and that no one but her knows it. Even Brambleclaw fell into believing that they were his kits, but he still doesn't know yet.
- Brambleclaw leads a patrol to the sun-drown-place to find Sol, whom is the suspected murderer of Ashfur, who was slaughtered in the previous book. His patrol consists of Birchfall, Brackenfur, Hazeltail, Hollyleaf, and Lionblaze. He helps Hollyleaf free her tongue after getting it stuck to a puddle of ice, commenting that she was just like her "mother," always getting stuck in something, which makes Hollyleaf flinch, knowing that's not true. He shows the younger warriors how to cross a Thunderpath as they have never witnessed one before. He takes the patrol to Midnight's den only to find she isn't there. The water begins to rise, causing the cats to rush out, but Birchfall falls into the water.
- Brambleclaw and Brackenfur rescue the younger warrior while the others send a branch towards the group to help bring them back to land with the help of Lionblaze's branch. The group later enters a Twolegplace where Brambleclaw looks uncomfortable. The patrol runs into a cat who is terrified of them and runs away. They race after him and are confronted by a pack of dogs, and become trapped in an alley. They are then rescued by a loner named Jingo and are taken to a refuge where she and a group of loners live. They learn of the trouble that Sol caused the cats and hear that he is now living with Purdy.
- Brambleclaw calls Jingo "Jingostar" after she leaves, as she has taken leader role in her group of cats. They find Purdy and Sol, and tell that they must take Sol back to ThunderClan. While they are leaving, Brambleclaw offers Purdy a place in ThunderClan, and he joins them after much persuasion. Brambleclaw admires Hollyleaf's work at taking care of Purdy on the journey back.
- Later at a Gathering, Hollyleaf reveals that Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight aren't their real parents. Brambleclaw asks who the real parents are but Squirrelflight says she has kept the truth hidden all this time and will not reveal it now but tells Hollyleaf to reveal the truth. Hollyleaf announces that Leafpool and Crowfeather are their parents. Brambleclaw is shocked and upset that Squirrelflight didn't tell him this, thinking she didn't trust him enough to keep the secret, and leaves the Gathering bitterly.
In the Omen of the Stars Arc
- Brambleclaw still refuses to forgive Squirrelflight for lying to him, and they are no longer mates. He scolds her at a Gathering when she yowls at Leopardstar, even though he agrees with her comment. At Firestar's orders, he agrees to tell the patrols not to attack any RiverClan warriors that patrol around the lake. Brambleclaw never punishes her for what she had done, but he makes sure that they don't talk to each other.
- When Rainstorm, a RiverClan warrior, comes to ThunderClan camp to rest after getting stuck in the mud, Brambleclaw announces that he will keep watch on him and questions Firestar on if they should keep Rainstorm as a prisoner. Towards the end of the day, Brambleclaw gathers a few cats to make up a patrol that will escort Rainstorm home. When they reach RiverClan, he speaks with Mistyfoot, telling her what happened. He requests to speak to Leopardstar, but Mistyfoot refuses to get her leader, as she was still very sick. Brambleclaw only curtly nods and leaves.
- Brambleclaw later escorts Lionblaze and Dovepaw to ShadowClan territory to meet up with the other Clans so they could investigate what was happening to the water. As soon as he returns to camp, he reports to Firestar that all of the cats left, and sounds confident that the traveling cats will learn how to work together. After the cats have returned, he listens along with Firestar about what happened at the stream with the beavers.
- In the beginning of the book, he is seen assigning Dovepaw, Lionblaze, Ivypaw, and Cinderheart on a patrol with him. Ivypaw and Dovepaw start to play and get very far away from the others. Brambleclaw scolds them but is amused at the same time.
- Before going to a Gathering, Brambleclaw reprimands Squirrelflight like she was an apprentice, and Dovepaw wondered if he would ever forgive his former mate and her sister, Leafpool.
- Jayfeather, Brambleclaw and Firestar go to ShadowClan territory to talk with Blackstar about the territory ThunderClan handed over moons ago. Blackstar refuses to hand the territory back, and Firestar states that there will be a battle if the territory is not returned to them.
- Brambleclaw is first seen coming out of the battle with bloody shoulders. After the battle, he confronts Blackstar, growling if Blackstar wants to concede or if they should fight for the territory again. Blackstar returns an angry glare, and replies that the territory isn't worth all the blood that was shed today. Later, when Firestar reminds the Clan of Russetfur's death, Brambleclaw adds that Lionblaze should have been more careful.
- Brambleclaw leads the lake patrol with Squirrelflight. Squirrelflight flashes an uncertain look, though she drops her gaze when he returns it with narrowed eyes. After a fox invades ThunderClan camp, Brambleclaw asks if everyone is okay, even though the attack was quickly won. He orders Berrynose, Birchfall, and Foxleap to start repairing the barrier. He also tells Graystripe to find Firestar's patrol and tell him what had happened.
- Firestar orders Brambleclaw to lead a patrol, to make sure that the fox has definitely left ThunderClan territory, but has not crossed any other Clans' borders. Firestar later asks if Brambleclaw is back from the RiverClan patrol. When they arrive, Sandstorm quickly announces it. Firestar asks Brambleclaw if the markers are set in yet, and Brambleclaw replies that theirs were. Dustpelt cuts in, saying that ShadowClan has not set in theirs yet.
- He is spotted by Squirrelflight when she is out hunting alone; sulking and not seeming to catch anything. Brambleclaw stops and looks at her. His eyes do not give anything in particular and are completely blank. Brambleclaw is seen looking grief-stricken when Firestar announces Flametail's death, because Flametail was his sister's son.
- Brambleclaw is seen assigning patrols. He gets annoyed at Bumblestripe and Ivypool for trying to switch from a hunting patrol to a border patrol because Bumblestripe had nothing but hunting patrols the day before.
- Before they leave for their journey, Brambleclaw asks why Dovewing and Squirrelflight haven't joined their patrols. When Squirrelflight asks him if he wants her to say hello to anyone in the tribe, hoping to see if he would say anything to prove that he still loved her, he responds indifferently, leaving Squirrelflight upset.
- Brambleclaw organizes the patrols and orders Dovewing and Ivypool on one when Whitewing interferes. Her kits are a mess. Brambleclaw wants to protest, but the white she-cat insists.
- His foster daughter, Hollyleaf, is found and returned to ThunderClan. At first, the Clan rejoices, but then accusations are thrown at her when she is put on a patrol. She is linked to Ashfur's death, but when she is about to confess to the crime, Brambleclaw sticks up for her. She tries to stop him, but Brambleclaw said that he was there when it happened but she could not see him. He says that Ashfur was going to harm the she-cat in order to hurt Squirrelflight when Hollyleaf defended herself and he fell in the water. It is noted that he risked a lot lying about what she did, but he still feels strongly for her and would do anything for the cat he once thought was his daughter.
- When Firestar is talking with Lionblaze, Jayfeather, and Dovewing about the battle that will soon happen, Brambleclaw, Squirrelflight, and Leafpool overhear. Lionblaze, Jayfeather, and Hollyleaf explain the prophecy about the kin of Firestar's kin. Brambleclaw is shocked and asks his former mate bitterly if she knew and if this was why she never told him they weren't his kits. He and Squirrelflight start to quarrel. Lionblaze breaks in saying he was proud to be Brambleclaw's son. Brambleclaw replies that he couldn't have asked for better kits than Lionblaze, Jayfeather, and Hollyleaf. After this, Lionblaze notes that the anger between Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight finally began to lessen.
- As ThunderClan prepares for the battle against the Dark Forest, Brambleclaw suggests that Spiderleg help train the elders, as he's known them longest. Brambleclaw encourages the Clan to fight like rogues if they have to in order to protect their Clan. He divides the Clan into training patrols. When Molepaw complains about RiverClan warriors in their camp and having to be a messenger, Brambleclaw tells him that they should fight beside the other Clans and Molepaw will serve his Clan best as a runner.
- Right before the battle, Brambleclaw sends three cats to each of the other Clans and tells them to fight as if the other cats are their own Clanmates. He chooses his patrol to defend the camp, turning first to Squirrelfight and asking if she will fight alongside him.
- When Hawkfrost antagonizes Ivypool, Brambleclaw fights with Hawkfrost and kills him for a second time after discovering that it had been Hawkfrost that had killed Hollyleaf.
- After Firestar dies, Brambleclaw tells Sandstorm that he didn't waste his final life and comments that Firestar had been a good mentor to him. Bluestar also tells Brambleclaw that if he has half the courage and loyalty of Firestar, he will make a fine leader. Brambleclaw becomes Bramblestar and he appoints Squirrelflight as his deputy, saying that everything she did was for the best of reasons and he understood that now.
In the A Vision of Shadows Arc
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
In the Ravenpaw's Path Arc
- Brambleclaw is part of the patrol that helps Ravenpaw and Barley get their barn back from the rogues. Ravenpaw states that he is an apprentice, which is a mistake because this was after Firestar and Sandstorm had gone to SkyClan. He was made a warrior before Firestar had left for the journey.
- When they reach Ravenpaw and Barley's farm, Brambleclaw joins a hunting patrol with some of his Clanmates that have traveled with them, Cloudtail, Brackenfur and Brightheart. The next morning he fights the rogues along with the rest of the patrol. Brambleclaw obeys Firestar's order when Firestar tells them to retreat because there are too many rogues.
- Brambleclaw is seen fighting alongside his Clanmates against the rogues when they launch their second attack. He leaves with the rest of the patrol once the rogues had left the barn for good.
In the The Lost Warrior Arc
- Brambleclaw is seen rescuing ThunderClan and rogue cats before Graystripe's capture. He tries to get Brightheart out of her cage, however Graystripe takes over for him. He watches in horror as Graystripe is taken away from the forest.
In the Field Guide Arc
- He appears in the prophecy section to tell you the prophecy "Darkness, Air, Water, and Sky will come together... and shake the forest to its roots." That was when he figured out he had to make The Great Journey with Crowpaw, Feathertail, Tawnypelt, Stormfur, and Squirrelpaw.
- Rock tells the kits that being Tigerstar's son, Brambleclaw would always be forced to walk a path of light and shadow. He has spent his whole life trying to prove his loyalty to ThunderClan, from when he was trusted by Firestar to go to the sun-drown-place, to when he was one of the main leaders when the Clans were searching for a new home. However, he was tempted when his father Tigerstar who appeared in his dreams and told him that power was closer than he thought, and he even schemed with Hawkfrost for a short time. Even though he made the right decision in the end, Rock asks if his heart is truly pure. Rock admits that he knows the answer but will not reveal it because sometimes it's best to let time tell.
- Brambleclaw is spoken of on Ashfur's page, saying that it was a shame Ashfur was only really known for fighting with Brambleclaw over Squirrelflight. Rock says that although Brambleclaw and Ashfur were once rivals for Squirrelflight's affections, it doesn't mean that Ashfur can't be a loyal warrior. Rock tells the kits that if they listened to Squirrelflight or Brambleclaw, Ashfur might seem like a trouble-maker, but he says that Ashfur has a story of his own. He is also mentioned on Squirrelflight's page, saying that her mate was always going to be Brambleclaw because he matches her fire, not containing it, even though at first he saw Squirrelflight as only a troublesome nuisance.
- Brambleclaw meets Onestar and the two kittypets at ThunderClan's camp, at first wondering if something is wrong. After Onestar explains why they are there, Brambleclaw welcomes them and gives an introduction to ThunderClan's style of fighting. He tells them that ThunderClan is the best at fighting in the thick undergrowth of the forest, with little space between trees for enemies to maneuver. He says that ThunderClan cats are very apt at stalking through the foliage without alerting enemies to their presence, and then they strike when the time is right, often with their most famous technique, the Lightning Strike.
- Brambleclaw is first mentioned on Cinderpelt's page. When it says how she hadn't obtained the same sensitivity to her warrior ancestors as the other medicine cats, it tells of how she had interpreted the fire and tiger prophecy to mean that Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight would unite to destroy the Clans, though instead they saved them by finding a new home. On Leafpool's section, it is mentioned how she had known that Brambleclaw would be a good deputy for ThunderClan, and that she watched him kill Hawkfrost, his half-brother. Squirrelflight convinced him that Leafpool's kits were his own.
- He next appears on Squirrelflight's profile. She had joined Brambleclaw on the quest to the sun-drown-place while she was still an apprentice. During the journey, it seemed as though she were getting close to Stormfur, but it was really Brambleclaw she wanted. Ashfur fell in love with her, seeing her as the opposite of what Brambleclaw did. But she didn't return his feelings, as Brambleclaw would always be her match. She watched her mate raise Lionblaze, Hollyleaf, and Jayfeather, but when the truth came out that they weren't their kits, Brambleclaw refused to forgive Squirrelflight for it, and she took this as her own punishment. After becoming leader, Brambleclaw made Squirrelflight his deputy due to his trust in her.
- Brambleclaw's own page is featured. He was always going to walk a dark path, indecisive between the ambition he got from his father and his Clan. He was the first chosen cat for the journey to Midnight, and Firestar's trust in him made it clear he wasn't to be judged based on Tigerstar's actions. He led the group to the sun-drown-place and back, even after Feathertail's death. Firestar and the rest of the Clan leaders left to find their new home. However, during this time, Brambleclaw was also meeting his father in his dreams, feeding his ambition to lead ThunderClan and making plan with Hawkfrost to bring down the other Clans. But he soon realized his true loyalties when faced with the choice of letting Firestar die or saving him, and killed Hawkfrost, fulfilling Leafpool's prophecy as well as leaving Tigerstar. He enjoyed the challenge of raising his and Squirrelflight's kits, Lionblaze, Hollyleaf, and Jayfeather. Though his heart broke when it was revealed that he was not their father, but Crowfeather was instead, he continued to serve his Clan. But he understood deep down why Squirrelflight had done what she did, and he made her his deputy.
- Brambleclaw is brought up twice on Ashfur's profile, where it is said that Ashfur was hurt when Squirrelflight, whom he loved, chose Brambleclaw over him. His rivalry with his old friend, along with his affections for Squirrelflight, led him to his death. On his adopted son, Lionblaze's page, it is said that when Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight announced the arrival of him and his siblings, Firestar understood they were the cats to fulfill the prophecy. Lionblaze had the bravery of Brambleclaw's father, Tigerstar.
- "Bramblestar's Nine Lives: The Return of Heroes", featured in The Ultimate Guide, reveals Bramblestar's nine lives. When Brambleclaw first arrives at the Moonpool he is accompanied by Jayfeather. Brambleclaw is seen to be excited and tired as he touches his nose to the water. He starts to get anxious by disruptive whispers, but realizes that they are just StarClan. Brambleclaw hears soft footsteps, and he turns around to see Jayfeather looking at him; Brambleclaw is surprised that the blind medicine cat can see. It is noted that he feels a flash of pride at looking at his foster son. Brambleclaw sees a cat the color of flame, Firestar, in which he is shocked at how young the tom is. Firestar welcomes the new ThunderClan leader to StarClan and gives Brambleclaw his first life of courage. The next cat to step up is Brambleclaw's mother, Goldenflower. She gives him the life of understanding love of a mother, in which he thinks about his three adopted kits, Lionblaze, Hollyleaf, and Jayfeather.
- Bluestar then gives Brambleclaw a life of clear judgement of character. She states how she doesn't always possess it herself, which he reminds her that she found Firestar. Brambleclaw doesn't recognize Mousefur and she asks if he thought she'd be old and patch-furred forever. Mousefur gives him the life of listening to his elders, for taking advice even when it is not expected. Lionheart gives Brambleclaw his fifth life, one for having the greatest pride in his Clan. Then Ferncloud gives him a life for understanding that it is not only warriors who protect the Clan. She also tells him to watch over Dustpelt and her kits.
- Cinderpelt, finally in StarClan, wakes him, then gives him the life of offering second chances. Feathertail, the eighth life-giver, talks to Brambleclaw a bit about them having been on the Great Journey together. Feathertail now resides in the Tribe of Endless Hunting, visiting to give him the life for exploring beyond the borders of his Clan. Brambleclaw's last life is from Ravenpaw, in which he gives the life of speaking out against injustice. The story ends with StarClan chanting his new name, Bramblestar, and Firestar saying that he will always be with him.
- Brambleclaw is mentioned on his father, Tigerstar's section, which states that Tigerstar had walked in his and Hawkfrost's dreams until Brambleclaw found that his loyalties were to Firestar, and he killed his half-brother because of this. On Tawnypelt's profile, she is told to have been Brambleclaw's sister and was visited by Tigerstar just as her brother was, though she refused to train with them. She stayed friendly to her brother and although he never escaped their father, Tawnypelt did.
- He is next referred to on Flametail's pages. It is briefly said that Flametail and his littermates were excited to meet Jaypaw, Hollyleaf, and Lionblaze, as they were all kin because the three's father at the time, Brambleclaw, was their mother, Tawnypelt's brother. He is briefly mentioned on Crowfeather's profile to have raised Crowfeather's kits, Jayfeather, Lionblaze, and Hollyleaf as his own alongside Squirrelflight. It is noted on the page shared between Nightcloud and Breezepelt that the warmth and affection Brambleclaw showed to Jaypaw and Lionpaw made Breezepaw's fury with his father increase.
- On Hawkfrost's bio, he is mentioned to be Brambleclaw's half-brother. He took up Tigerstar's idea for him to plot with a ThunderClan cat who disliked Brambleclaw to lead Firestar to his death, that cat being Ashfur. However, Brambleclaw was loyal to his leader and freed him, killing Hawkfrost in the process. Although not mentioned by name, it is mentioned on Stoneteller’s page that when six Clan cats first arrived on their way to the mysterious sun-drown-place, it seemed Stoneteller’s prophecy would be fulfilled. Although not mentioned by name again, it is mentioned on Crag’s page that when the journeying cats came to the mountains, Crag was one for the first to meet them. When Stormfur was made prisoner, Crag escorted the rest of them out of the territory and seemed to regret they could not have shared a friendship.
- Brambleclaw is briefly noted on Sol's section to have led a patrol to find the loner due to him being suspected as the culprit of Ashfur's demise. Brambleclaw is last mentioned on Midnight the badger's page. He, Crowpaw, Feathertail, and Tawnypelt, accompanied by Stormfur and Squirrelpaw, left their Clans to search for her. They found her at the sun-drown-place, where she told them that the Clans would be destroyed if they didn't search out a new home by following the dying warrior, a falling star leading to the lake.
In the Short Stories and Plays
- Brambleclaw has a conversation with Leafpool by the lake. He accuses Leafpool of not trusting him, then admits that the events of the day had been his fault. Leafpool is shocked, but Brambleclaw goes on to point out that on his first day as ThunderClan deputy, he had to kill his brother, and much of the Clan believes he is bad luck because he had never trained an apprentice. Brambleclaw predicts that his Clanmates will from now on blame him for everything that goes wrong.
- Brambleclaw said that during the harsh leaf-bare where only ThunderClan had enough prey to go around, the other Clans would be no threat to them because they were too weak. Later, he asks Jaypaw if any cats were mean to him at the Gathering, because he was acting very strangely. When Hollyleaf finds Jaypaw later, she says that Brambleclaw told her that he had been acting oddly during the Gathering.
- He does not contribute majorly to the story, but is one of the cats who vote for Firestar to become temporary leader of all Clans throughout the hard leaf-bare.
In the Novellas
- Bramblekit and Tawnykit are inside the nursery with Goldenflower when their father is banished from ThunderClan. Tigerclaw vows to come back for his kits, not wanting them to be raised in a Clan of weaklings.
- During the fire, he hears that Bramblekit is still in the burning forest. Heading there to save his son, once he sees him on a branch, he realizes that he cannot get through the flames. Fireheart then appears and saves him. Tigerclaw reluctantly gives Fireheart credit for saving his son, but declares that he will still kill him.
- Squirrelflight shares a mouse with Brambleclaw as she curls around his body. Squirrelflight has chosen Brambleclaw over Ashfur, and Leafpool wishes she chose Ashfur instead, as Leafpool saw Brambleclaw in the Dark Forest with Tigerstar as his mentor. Leafpool tells herself he is a loyal ThunderClan warrior, but cannot deny he has an evil father. Leafpool, however had an omen that Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight are destined to be together, and that helped Squirrelflight decide. Leafpool has treated Brambleclaw’s wounds from the Dark Forest and told Squirrelflight nothing, hoping he would leave Tigerstar behind and learn from the Clan. That night, Leafpool tries to dream to the Dark Forest to find out if Brambleclaw still goes to the Dark Forest, but dreams of StarClan instead.
- One moon later, Brambleclaw has killed his half-brother Hawkfrost after he tried to kill Firestar, completing the prophecy of ‘Before there is peace, blood will spill blood, and the lake will run red.’ Leafpool also saw a vision that Brambleclaw is to be the new deputy of ThunderClan in place of Graystripe. As Leafpool treats Firestar, she reassures Brambleclaw has sorted the hunting patrols already. Brackenfur later agrees with Leafpool, saying Brambleclaw can manage the patrols. Leafpool asks if Firestar was right to make him deputy and declare Graystripe dead. Brackenfur hints that he thinks the Clan needed a deputy. Leafpool goes to treat Brambleclaw’s wound as he lies in the warriors’ den, obviously in pain. Leafpool thinks it’s his fault as he walked in the Dark Forest, but is still confused as to why he saved Firestar and killed Hawkfrost, and remembers the vision of claw bushes. She wonders why she still can’t trust him. Leafpool tells Brambleclaw he will heal faster if he rests, and he shrugs. Leafpool offers poppy seeds to help him sleep, but Brambleclaw refuses. He tells Leafpool she can trust him now, but Leafpool says it’s not her role to judge him. Brambleclaw explains he knows she saw him in the Dark Forest.
- Leafpool says she can't pretend it didn’t happen. Brambleclaw cannot deny it, promising it won't happen again as the day before changed everything. He killed Hawkfrost, and he knows where his loyalties lie now. He is the deputy of ThunderClan, and ThunderClan is the only thing that matters to him. Leafpool suddenly lurches, and Brambleclaw asks what is wrong. Leafpool claims she swallowed mousebile before. Brambleclaw meows she needs some fresh air and to go as he is fine. Send Whitepaw with herbs later, and get one of the apprentices to sort the ticks. When Leafpool needs to go to the Moonpool, she tells Firestar that Brightheart can tend to Brambleclaw's wounds while she’s gone, and Brightheart agrees to this. Later, Squirrelflight is furious as Brambleclaw ordered her to fetch moss as if she’s an apprentice. Squirrelflight retorts he hasn’t stopped ordering around since he was made deputy. She rants to Leafpool, asking what Brambleclaw thinks he is, treating Squirrelflight as if she’s still wet behind her ears. When they find moss, she feels tempting to soak it then put it in Brambleclaw's nest.
- Their argument is over quickly as they return from a dawn patrol, purring together. Brambleclaw goes to report to Firestar. Leafpool wants to go back to the Moonpool, so Squirrelflight goes to tell Firestar and Brambleclaw. When asked if Squirrelflight will pretend Leafpool’s kits are her own, Squirrelflight refuses as she would be lying to Brambleclaw and the rest of the Clan. Yellowfang tells Squirrelflight Brambleclaw will be a great father and leader someday, he needs kits to follow his pawsteps. Squirrelflight still refuses, saying she cannot lie to Brambleclaw and Firestar for the rest of her life. Leafpool travels away to give birth to her kits, and Squirrelflight tells Brambleclaw she’s going with Leafpool on her trip, telling him they are getting herbs far away. He tries convincing her otherwise but Squirrelflight claims Leafpool asked for her specifically. Brambleclaw still tries to persuade her still, and Squirrelflight teases she is sure he can sort patrols without her. Squirreflight finally decides to raise Leafpool’s kits as hers and Brambleclaw’s. Squirrelflight says these kits deserve good parents, and Brambleclaw and she can do that. Leafpool questions if Brambleclaw will truly love these kits, and if through Brambleclaw Tigerstar will haunt in their dreams. When they return to the camp with the kits, a cat announces to Brambleclaw that he is a father.
- Brambleclaw is mentioned by Ashfur during the storm that occurs at the lake. Ashfur threatens to kill Hollyleaf, Lionblaze, and Jayfeather by pushing them into the fire because Squirrelflight chose Brambleclaw as a mate over himself. Squirrelflight reveals that Hollyleaf and her siblings are not her and Brambleclaw's kits, which shocks Hollyleaf.
- While Hollyleaf decided to hide and check up on her old Clan, she saw Brambleclaw ordering Cinderheart, Lionblaze, Ivypaw, and Dovepaw to patrol the top of the hollow for any sign of foxes.
- Brambleclaw announces that he is going to the Moonpool with Jayfeather to receive his nine lives. He leaves his deputy, Squirrelflight, in charge of ThunderClan.
- Brambleclaw is mentioned in Dovewing's thoughts when Squirrelflight orders Cloudtail and Berrynose to stop working on the warriors' den. Squirrelflight orders the Clan to rest until Brambleclaw has returned, and Dovewing mentions in her thoughts that Brambleclaw would have his leader name when he returned.
- After the warriors go to bury their dead Clanmates, Bramblestar returns to the hollow as night is coming, Jayfeather following closely behind. Dovewing notes that he looks as if his fur brown fur were glossy and lit by starshine, and his eyes shone. Squirrelflight welcomes him back, purring, and she also seems to be in awe. However, the new leader is concerned when he sees Birchfall, Thornclaw, Mousewhisker, and Blossomfall at the edge of the clearing. He calls out to them, asking if they had buried the dead along with the rest of the Clan. Squirrelflight leans over to whisper in his ear.
- Later, Dovewing waits for Bramblestar to take action against the injustice of the growing differences between the former Dark Forest trainees and their regular Clanmates. However, he is very busy, and doesn't notice.
- Blackstar and Rowanclaw come into the ThunderClan camp, and Bramblestar greets them, telling Blackstar, as he looks very frail, to sit down. The ShadowClan cats and Bramblestar discuss what needs to be done about the former Dark Forest trainees. Bramblestar says that he thought that it would be up to each Clan to decide what to do with the former Dark Forest cats, but he agrees to come to a meeting on the island used for Gatherings to discuss it.
- After the ShadowClan cats leave, Bramblestar asks Dovewing to talk with him. He tells her that he wants her to go with him to the island the following night, along with Jayfeather and Lionblaze, as they knew most about the Dark Forest's plans. He concludes their talk with asking her to sleep and rest for the rest of the day.
- Bramblestar leads the former Dark Forest trainees, and the Three to the island for the leaders' discussion. He sits with his Clan, instead of going over to sit with Blackstar. When he sees that ThunderClan has brought the most "traitors" out of all the Clans, he murmurs that most of the other Clans' Dark Forest trainees had died, so that is why there were more ThunderClan cats. The leaders discuss ways to deal with the "traitors" and finally, with the help of Mothwing, come to the conclusion that each cat should swear an oath of loyalty to the warrior code.
- Back at the camp, Bramblestar calls a meeting, and each of the new cats swears an oath to the warrior code. Some cats are not very enthusiastic about allowing the "traitors" back into the Clan without any punishment.
- After Sandstorm's coughing keeps the warriors awake, Berrynose asks Bramblestar to make Sandstorm sleep in the elders' den. Bramblestar asks what Sandstorm thinks, and she says that, Instead, she would like to sleep in the apprentices' den.
- Later on, Berrynose criticizes Bramblestar's choice of bringing Blossomfall and Thornclaw to the Gathering. Bramblestar is waiting for his Clan at the tree-bridge, and doesn't hear. Bramblestar says little during his speech, only about the rebuilding of dens, the borders, and the stocked fresh-kill-pile. At camp the following day, Bramblestar agrees the Briarlight's moving to the warriors' den.
- As sickness spreads through ThunderClan, Dovewing notices Bramblestar is very skinny, and he is probably not eating the fresh-kill he needs, giving it instead to his Clanmates.
- Squirrelflight leads a patrol, which includes Bramblestar. Later, Bramblestar and the patrol head to find a fox, alerted by Molepaw and Cherrypaw. However, when they get there, they find that Dovewing's patrol has already taken care of it. Bramblestar tells Dovewing that he was told that the fox had left traces in ThunderClan territory, and was not in a fox trap, as Dovewing's patrol had found it. It is revealed that Molepaw and Cherrypaw hoped to scare Dovewing's patrol, which was made up of "traitors".
- Bramblestar is furious, and, back at the camp, he calls a camp meeting to honor Ivypool, Blossomfall, Mousewhisker, Thornclaw, and Birchfall, who had fought the fox. He challenges anyone who still did not believe the cats are loyal. He continues, saying that if anyone still does not trust the cats, then the Dark Forest is winning, as it is dividing ThunderClan. His speech brings the Clan together.
- Bramblestar is the spitting image of Tigerstar and Hawkfrost.
- Bramblestar's appearance was based on that of Cherith's pet cat, Bramble. Additionally, the dedication of A Dangerous Path reads "To the real Bramblepaw", which refers to him.
- Bramblestar's warrior name, Brambleclaw, was chosen in honor of his father, Tigerclaw.
- In The Heart of a Warrior, Bramblestar is called Bramblepaw by Ravenpaw, even though he would have had his warrior name already, because Leafkit and Squirrelkit were already born.
- He has SkyClan blood, because his father is a descendant of Gorseclaw.
- On the cover of Midnight, Bramblestar is mistakenly shown with green eyes.
- Vicky has stated that Bramblestar probably cannot forgive Squirrelflight. However, this statement proves to be false, as Bramblestar forgives Squirrelflight in The Last Hope.
- It was revealed by Kate that Bramblestar and Squirrelflight reconciled their relationship after the events of The Last Hope and became mates again. However, this was contradicted in "Confidential Notes", saying that Bramblestar and Squirrelflight could never be mates, but she will remain his deputy. In Bramblestar's Storm, that is proven to be incorrect as they become mates again at the end of the book.
- Vicky says that Squirrelflight didn't tell Bramblestar about Jayfeather, Lionblaze, and Hollyleaf not being theirs because she wanted Bramblestar to love the kits as if they were his own.
- Despite the fact that Thornclaw is speaking with Blackstar in Fading Echoes, Bramblestar is shown speaking in Night Whispers.
- In Bramblestar's Storm, Bramblestar says that Dewnose, Snowbush, and Ambermoon are the first cats he made apprentices. This is wrong, since Lilyheart and Seedpaw are older than Cloudtail's and Brightheart's litter, and should have been made apprentices before the three cats between The Last Hope and Bramblestar's Storm. Vicky has said the reason for this will be explained in Dovewing's Silence. This was never touched upon.
- Bramblestar chose Squirrelflight as his deputy to show his respect and loyalty towards her.
- Kate had "never forgiven Bramblestar for stealing the deputyship from Graystripe" and said that his ruthless ambition has always appalled her.
- She also said that if she were to write the storyline, she would make Firestar choose Graystripe as the deputy instead, then later make Graystripe give up his deputyship for the good of the Clan. She also feels that Graystripe never got a chance to show off his true nobility.
- When Bramblestar stood up for Hollyleaf, calling Ashfur's death a mistake, it was revealed by Vicky that he had never actually seen Hollyleaf kill Ashfur - he was just making the best deduction he could.
Please do not edit this gallery
- Sparkpelt: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Dandelionkit: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Alderheart: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Juniperkit: Deceased, Verified StarClan Member
- Hawkfrost: Deceased, No Residence
- Tadpole: Deceased, Residence Unknown
- Swiftpaw: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Lynxkit: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Unnamed kit: Status Unknown
- Leopardfoot: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Speckletail: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Swiftbreeze: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Sweetbriar: Deceased, Unknown Residence
- Harepounce: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Spottedleaf: Deceased, No Residence
- Willowpelt: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- One-eye: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Sandstorm: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Darkstripe: Deceased, Verified Place of No Stars member
- Sootfur: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Rainwhisker: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Sorreltail: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Longtail: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Graystripe: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Runningwind: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Mousefur: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Squirrelflight: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Leafpool: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Molepaw: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Cinderheart: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Honeyfern: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Poppyfrost: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Stormfur: Living (As of Sign of the Moon)
- Feathertail: Deceased, Verified Tribe of Endless Hunting and StarClan member
- Briarlight: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Blossomfall: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Bumblestripe: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Lionblaze: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Jayfeather: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Hollyleaf: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Molewhisker: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Cherryfall: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Lark That Sings at Dawn:  Living (As of Sign of the Moon)
- Pine That Clings to Rock: Living (As of Sign of the Moon)
- Fernsong: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Hollytuft: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Sorrelstripe: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Thornclaw: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Cinderpelt: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Brackenfur: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Brightheart: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Dewnose: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Ambermoon: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Snowbush: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Whitewing: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Dovewing: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Ivypool: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Leafkit: Status Unknown
- Honeykit: Status Unknown
- Larkkit: Status Unknown
- Goosefeather: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Moonflower: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Bluestar: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Snowfur: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Mistystar: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Mosskit: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Stonefur: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Whitestorm: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Reedwhisker: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Perchkit: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Pikepaw: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Primrosepaw: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Heronwing: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Rabbitleap: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Poppydawn: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Rosetail: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Sweetpaw: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Thistleclaw: Deceased, Verified Place of No Stars member
|Pinestar||Leopardfoot||Spottedleaf||See More||See More|
= Gender Unknown
- Tigerstar: "No, Bramblepaw. You come to us. Your sister made the right choice. TigerClan will rule over the whole forest, and you can share our power. What do you say? ThunderClan is finished. There is nothing there for you."
- Bramblepaw: "Join you? Join you? After everything you've done? I'd rather die!"
- The Darkest Hour, pages 223-224
- Bramblepaw: "I thought I hated my father. I never wanted to join his Clan, but I didn't want him to die just like that."
- Firestar: "I know. But it's over now and you're free of him."
- The Darkest Hour, pages 239-240
- Squirrelpaw: "I can't believe Shrewpaw is dead."
- Brambleclaw: "I know."
- Dawn, pages 152-153
- "Brambleclaw, think, will you? You're an amazing cat already; you're brave and loyal and you have tremendous warrior skills. Why do you need Tigerstar?"
- —Tawnypelt to Brambleclaw in the Dark Forest Sunset, page 180
- Sandstorm: "You know, Brambleclaw, you don't need to worry about giving us orders. You're deputy, and that's that."
- Brambleclaw: "Thank you. I'll be loyal to my Clan as long as I have enough breath to fight."
- Sunset, page 268
- "I can try as hard as I like, but I'll never do anything right. I will bring nothing but trouble to ThunderClan because I was made deputy when I shouldn't have been. My Clanmates didn't trust me before. Now they will blame me for everything that goes wrong, every drop of blood lost. Whatever I do, I will destroy my own Clan from within."
- —Brambleclaw to Leafpool after Hawkfrost's death After Sunset: The Right Choice?, page 2
- Brambleclaw: "You can trust me now, Leafpool."
- Leafpool: "It’s not my role to judge you."
- Leafpool's Wish, page Chapter 2
- "If you want to be remembered for your strengths, you must work on them. And if that means proving yourself to those who doubt you, then do it. You can't force Hollypaw to believe in you. You have to show her that you are worth believing in."
- —Brambleclaw to Lionpaw Dark River, page 72
- "A warrior never blames his Clanmates for his own mistakes, Lionpaw."
- —Brambleclaw to Lionpaw Dark River, page 168
- Teller of the Pointed Stones (Stoneteller): "The Tribe cannot survive here. We must leave the mountains and find a home somewhere else."
- Brambleclaw: "That's your decision to make, Stoneteller, but is it wise? It's dangerous for a large group of cats to move around together. The Clans lost cats on the Great Journey. Besides, where would you go?"
- Outcast, page 269
- "Jessy is right. Whatever I have felt for her, whatever might have been, Squirrelflight and I share a bond that cannot be broken."
- —Bramblestar thinking about Jessy and Squirrelflight. Bramblestar's Storm, page 462
- Brambleclaw: "Why?"
- Squirrelflight: "I had to! She's my sister!"
- Sunrise, pages 306-307
- "Firestar is dead. I am leader of ThunderClan now. And I am proud to uphold his legacy of preserving all the Clans in the forest. No Clan was left behind on the Great Journey to find the lake. No Clan was abandoned to fight alone against the Dark Forest. No Clan will be allowed to fall now, not if the rest of us can protect them."
- —Bramblestar to the Clans at the Gathering Bramblestar's Storm, page 472
- "I will do my best to live each of these lives according to the gifts you have made. Firestar, your Clan will never forget you. And if I can be half the leader you were, I will be proud."
- —Bramblestar accepting his nine lives and his new name The Ultimate Guide, page 57
|Bramblepaw's Apprentice Ceremony|
|Brambleclaw's Warrior Ceremony|
|Brambleclaw's Deputy Ceremony|
|Bramblestar's Leader Ceremony|
|Reference: The Ultimate Guide, pages 51-57|
References and Citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Revealed in Rising Storm, page 19
- ↑ Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 210
- ↑ Revealed in Forest of Secrets, page 225
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Revealed in A Dangerous Path, page 235
- ↑ Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 20
- ↑ Revealed in Twilight, page 16
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Revealed in Sunset, page 257
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 Revealed in The Last Hope, page 328
- ↑ Revealed in The Sight, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Twilight, page 114
- ↑ Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 9
- ↑ Revealed in Firestar's Quest, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Dovewing's Silence, page 26
- ↑ Revealed in Sunrise, page 14
- ↑ Revealed in Sunset, page 87
- ↑ Revealed in an unknown book, page Chapter 6
- ↑ Revealed in Dawn, chapter 10
- ↑ Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 2
- ↑ Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 1
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 20.3 20.4 20.5 Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 4
- ↑ Revealed in The Heart of a Warrior, page 11
- ↑ Revealed on the cover of Midnight (Book)
- ↑ Revealed in Erin Hunter Answers Your Questions Summer 2011
- ↑ Revealed on Kate's official blog
- ↑ Revealed in Confidential Notes
- ↑ Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, page 512
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 295
- ↑ Revealed in Night Whispers, page 6
- ↑ Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, page 10
- ↑ Revealed on Kate's blog
- ↑ Revealed on Kate's Blog
- ↑ Revealed on Kate's Blog
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- He was mistakenly shown to be deceased on the Warriors website family tree.
- ↑ Revealed on [ Kate's official blog]
- ↑ 36.0 36.1 36.2 36.3 36.4 Revealed on Kate's blog
- ↑ 37.0 37.1 Revealed in The Apprentice's Quest, chapter1
- ↑ 38.0 38.1 38.2 Revealed in Forest of Secrets, page 245
- ↑ 39.0 39.1 Revealed in Moonrise, page 258
- ↑ Revealed in Return to the Clans, page 2
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 116
- ↑ 42.0 42.1 Revealed in Into the Wild, page 153
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed in Code of the Clans, page 150
- ↑ 45.0 45.1 45.2 Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 266
- ↑ 46.0 46.1 Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 48
- ↑ 47.0 47.1 47.2 47.3 47.4 Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 362
- ↑ Revealed on Facebook Page
- ↑ 49.0 49.1 49.2 49.3 Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 47
- ↑ 50.0 50.1 Revealed in Goosefeather's Curse, chapter 8
- ↑ Revealed in Goosefeather's Curse, page Chapter 3
- ↑ 52.0 52.1 Revealed in A Dangerous Path, page 44
- ↑ 53.0 53.1 53.2 Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 8
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook Page
- ↑ Revealed in Goosefeather's Curse, chapter 3
- ↑ 56.0 56.1 56.2 Revealed in Dark River, pages 20-21
- ↑ 57.0 57.1 57.2 Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ 59.0 59.1 59.2 Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 100
- ↑ 60.0 60.1 Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 467
- ↑ 61.0 61.1 Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 509
- ↑ 62.0 62.1 62.2 62.3 Revealed in Sunset, page 27
- ↑ 63.0 63.1 Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 39
- ↑ 64.0 64.1 64.2 Revealed in Eclipse, page 159
- ↑ 65.0 65.1 65.2 Revealed in Sunrise, page 251
- ↑ 66.0 66.1 Revealed in The Fourth Apprentice, page 299
- ↑ 67.0 67.1 Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 2
- ↑ 68.0 68.1 68.2 Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, page 478
- ↑ 69.00 69.01 69.02 69.03 69.04 69.05 69.06 69.07 69.08 69.09 69.10 69.11 69.12 Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ 70.0 70.1 70.2 70.3 70.4 Revealed in Goosefeather's Curse, allegiances
- ↑ 71.0 71.1 71.2 Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 502
- ↑ Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 18
- ↑ Revealed to be a in Erin Hunter Chat 6, undefined
- ↑ 74.0 74.1 74.2 Revealed in Mistystar's Omen, chapter 3