|Author:||Cherith Baldry, Dan Jolley|
|Cover Artist:||James Barry (illustrator)|
|Publish Date:||August 26, 2014|
|The Dark Forest has been defeated, and Bramblestar is now leader of ThunderClan. But the warrior cats must now weather a new kind of storm—or all four Clans will be swept away.|
|Preceded by:||Dovewing's Silence|
To Akbar: Be brave and live the dream, and become the artist you always wanted to be.
Special thanks to Cherith Baldry
When water and blood meet, blood will rise......
- A new Clan leader will be tested.
- In the aftermath of the great battle, tensions between the four warrior Clans are running high. Allies have fallen. Loyalties have been challenged. And a new leader has risen to take Firestar's place.
- Any cat would find it difficult to follow in Firestar's paw steps, and Bramblestar is already being put to the test. Cats are wounded, prey is scarce, and ThunderClan's strength is not what it once was. If the Clan is to survive, Bramblestar must find his footing quickly—for a new threat looms on the horizon. A storm is brewing . . . a storm the likes of which the warrior cats have never seen, and may not survive.
- Coming Soon
Detailed Plot Summary
- Firestar is hunting in StarClan. Bluestar comes to see him and asks if he's walked in Bramblestar's dreams yet. Firestar and Bluestar reflect on the hard moons after the defeat of the Dark Forest, including the greencough in ThunderClan. They also talk about ShadowClan having more elders than warriors, and WindClan losing many good hunters. Firestar later meets Cloudstar and purrs, thinking of his journey to rebuild SkyClan. They talk, and Firestar is angry that he could not save his Clanmates from the greencough, as Cloudstar states that he couldn't have stopped it. Then Cloudstar gives Firestar a Prophecy : When Water and Blood meet, Blood will rise.
- Bramblestar is thinking about The Great Battle when Berrynose invites him on a border patrol with Spiderleg and his apprentice, Amberpaw. Bramblestar goes to see Leafpool, who is busy sorting herbs. Amberpaw walks into a stream and is confronted by Windclan cats who say that they are trespassing in their stream Bramblestar leads away his cats after discussing with the Windclan cats. Berrynose states that Thunderclan has lost many she-cats and that none of the survivors were expecting kits. Bramblestar sees a branch with claw marks propped up by Jayfeather with marks for all the cats who died in the Great Battle. Dewpaw was reciting all the names of the cats. When she gets to Firestar, Bramblestar is sad that he died.
- More coming soon.
- Vicky originally announced the title for this book during her 2013 tour of the US before revealing it on her Facebook page.
- Vicky has said on her Facebook page that this book takes place six moons after The Last Hope.
- Due to a mistake at the end (In which Graystripe says that his daughter is Mistystar), Vicky has said that this book will be reprinted, with the original non-edited book becoming a collectors' edition.
References and Citations
|Bramblestar's Storm chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25 • Chapter 26 • Chapter 27 • Chapter 28 • Chapter 29 • Chapter 30 • Chapter 31 • Chapter 32 • Chapter 33 • Chapter 34 • Chapter 35 • Manga|