Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Did you kill my kits?"|
|— Brightflower enraged at Yellowfang in Yellowfang's Secret, page 490|
|Current:||Dark Forest Resident|
Dark Forest Resident:
Three unnamed kits
Yellowfang, Rowanberry, Marigoldkit
|Living:||Tallstar's Revenge, Yellowfang's Secret, Into the Wild|
In the Super Edition Arc
- Brightflower is the mate of Brackenfoot, and the mother of Yellowkit, Rowankit, and Nutkit, and her mother is Silverflame.
- She is first mentioned when her kits are playing with the elders, but is not seen.
- Brightflower first appears when her three kits are preparing to defend themselves from Raggedkit and Scorchkit, as Nutkit had called them kittypets. She tells them that since they can't play sensibly, they were to come back to the nursery.
- She is seen when Yellowkit is pretending to be the mother of Nutkit and Rowankit, and Brightflower tells Yellowkit that she will make a great queen. She supports Yellowkit when she wants to become a warrior.
- Brightflower is at Raggedpaw and Scorchpaw's apprentice ceremony. She tells her kits to hush and tells Yellowkit, when she gets a thorn in her paw, to stop wriggling, and that there isn't anything there.
- Later, when Nutkit gets a bellyache from eating crowfood, she takes him to the medicine den. Yellowkit asks if she can come too, since her stomach is hurting as well, and Brightflower queries if she had eaten the bad food. When Yellowkit denies ever touching the prey, Brightflower accuses her daughter of being a liar, and Yellowkit is hurt by this.
- Brightflower explains to her kits what snow is, when they wake up to see snow covering the camp.
- As Yellowpaw returns from her tour of the territory with Deerleap, she goes to check on Silverflame, and sees Brightflower emerging from the elder's den. She tells her daughter that she is growing weaker, and that it is her time to walk with StarClan. She tells Yellowpaw that she can visit, but she must stay quiet. She waits outside the den, gently telling Yellowpaw to go for a walk with Littlebird after Silverflame has died.
- Soon after her kits' apprentice ceremony, she accompanies her apprentice, Foxpaw during a training exercise, giving Yellowpaw an inquiring look as she hisses at Foxpaw and Wolfpaw for crushing the stems of a herb. Foxpaw soon detects the scent of WindClan on ShadowClan territory, and Brightflower is the one to track the pawprints of the WindClan cats. It is noted she has a keen sense of smell. Her confirmation of the rival clan's scent leads to her kits' first time in battle as apprentices, something they are very excited for.
- She is present at Yellowpaw's second Gathering, telling her daughter that she will be fine. While Yellowpaw is asking Brackenfoot who the RiverClan cats are, Brightflower adds that they look plump and shiny because they eat fish from the river.
- She is assigned to Cedarstar's patrol by Stonetooth, to go hunt rats at Carrionplace. She follows Cedarstar in squeezing under the fence with Rowanpaw, and congratulates Yellowpaw when they return to the camp, Yellowpaw having caught the biggest rat. She and Brackenfoot tell her that she had made them so proud.
- She has her tail entwined with Brackenfoot's as they look proudly at their kits, now warriors with the names of Yellowfang, Rowanberry, and Nutwhisker.
- She asks her daughter if she is badly hurt when she storms out of Sagewhisker's den after the battle with kittypets and rogues. Though Yellowfang mutters to her that Sagewhisker fixed everything, Brightflower tells her that she needs to rest, and looks shocked when Yellowfang snaps that she is fine.
- Featherstorm and Brightflower are sitting outside the warrior's den when Yellowfang returns with an injured Raggedpelt. She races to the medicine den when Yellowfang tells her that Raggedpelt was attacked by a badger, calling for Sagewhisker.
- At Yellowfang's medicine cat ceremony, Brightflower looks happy and proud of her kit.
- Later, Brightflower's two newborn kits, Mintkit and Marigoldkit, go missing, and she is distraught. Yellowfang finds them, but not before they have been gruesomely slain; Yellowfang realizes at once that they're dead, and believes it was the work of a fox. She carries them back to camp when Brightflower accuses Yellowfang of murdering her kits after Brokenstar suggests it. Yellowfang claims it was a fox that killed them, but Brokenstar tells the Clan Yellowfang's scent is all over the kits. Yellowfang is shocked her own mother would accuse her of such a thing. Though Newtspeck, Nutwhisker, Runningnose, and Rowanberry jump to her defense, Brokenstar exiles Yellowfang while Brightflower stares at her coldly.
In the The Prophecies Begin Arc
- Brightflower is mentioned, but not by name, when Yellowfang is talking to Firepaw. She is the mother of two ShadowClan apprentices who are only four moons old. Brokenstar pushes them too hard and they are killed in one of his brutal training sessions. He drags the two kits back into camp and gives them to Yellowfang so that they can be prepared for their vigil. When Brightflower comes, Brokenstar lies and says that he found Yellowfang standing over their dead bodies.
- During the battle to rescue four ThunderClan kits kidnapped by Clawface, Brokenstar reveals to his Clan that he killed her kits. When Brightflower hears this, she sadly lets out a wail of grief for her dead kits, and Brokenstar ignores it.
- She was originally described as black-and-white.
- She has been mistakenly called Wolfpaw's mentor at least twice.
- The hatred that built inside of her after the death of Marigoldkit and Mintkit is what lead Brightflower to join the Dark Forest upon her passing.
Please do not edit this gallery
- Three unnamed kits: Status Unknown
- Marigoldkit: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Yellowfang: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Rowanberry: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Brokenstar: Deceased, No Residence
- Stumpytail: Deceased, Verified Place of No Stars member
- Cinderfur: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
|See More||Raggedstar||Yellowfang||Stumpytail||Cinderfur||Ashheart||See More|
= Gender Unknown
- Brightflower: "Nutkit! You know what I've told you about eating crow-food. You too, Yellowkit. How could you be so stupid?"
- Yellowkit: "But I didn't!"
- Yellowfang's Secret, page 23
- "Be brave, little one. We have to accept that it's time for her to walk with StarClan."
- —Brightflower to Yellowpaw when Silverflame is dying Yellowfang's Secret, page 53
- "There was nothing I could do. When their mother came to see them, Brokenstar was with me. He said that he had found me standing over their dead bodies."
- —Yellowfang about Brightflower's kits Into the Wild, page 249
References and Citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, allegiances
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 67
- ↑ Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 13
- ↑ Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 482
- ↑ Revealed in Into the Wild, page 261
- ↑ Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 172
- ↑ Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 173
- ↑ Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 132
- ↑ Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 467
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 473
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 71
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 396
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 Revealed on Vicky's Facebook