|"With each challenge and each blow landed, lives are changed forever."|
|— Cedarheart telling a story in Battles of the Clans, page 149|
|Past:||ShadowClan, TigerClan (Modern), LionClan (Modern)|
|Cause of Death|
|Cause of Death:||Slain in battle|
|Living:||Battles of the Clans, Tigerclaw's Fury, Rising Storm, A Dangerous Path, The Darkest Hour, Midnight, Moonrise, Dawn, Starlight, Twilight, Sunset, Leafpool's Wish, The Sight, Dark River, Outcast, Eclipse, Long Shadows, Sunrise, Hollyleaf's Story, The Fourth Apprentice, Fading Echoes, Mistystar's Omen, Night Whispers, Sign of the Moon, The Forgotten Warrior, The Last Hope|
|Dead:||The Last Hope, Bramblestar's Storm|
In the Super Edition Arc
- At the Gathering, Blackstar informs the cats present to remember the fallen cats. Cedarheart is mentioned by Blackstar as one of the ShadowClan cats who were killed in the battle against the Dark Forest.
- When the cats who had died in the Great Battle appear as StarClan cats in front of Bramblestar at a Gathering, Cedarheart is one of the cats noted to be among them.
In the The Prophecies Begin Arc
- Cedarkit is born to Darkflower and Scorchwind alongside his brother, Rowankit, and sister, Lavenderkit. His sister dies from the sickness when ShadowClan's medicine cat, Runningnose, leaves her to die of Carrionplace sickness without even giving her a poppy seed. Foruntaely, he and his brother don't get sick.
- Cedarpaw does not formally appear in A Dangerous Path but is listed in the allegiances. His mentor is Russetfur.
In the New Prophecy Arc
- Cedarheart does not formally appear in Midnight but is listed in the allegiances. He is now a warrior with the name of Cedarheart.
- When ThunderClan visits ShadowClan, a patrol thinks they're trespassing and launch an attack. Cedarheart attacks Leafpaw, and then begins to battle Brackenfur. When Firestar commands them to stop, Russetfur sends Cedarheart back to the camp for reinforcements.
- As the Clans are reaching the end of their journey to find a new home, Cedarheart is seen prowling along the outskirts of the group, watching for foxes and badgers.
- When Brambleclaw accidentally crosses the new ShadowClan border, Rowanclaw provokes him while the rest of the patrol - Cedarheart, Talonpaw, and Oakfur, appear next to him. When the rest of Brambleclaw's patrol shows up, the warriors are prepared to spring, until Firestar interferes.
- When Mudclaw rebels against Onewhisker, Cedarheart supports him along with a few other cats, and is seen fighting with Brambleclaw.
- When Talonpaw, a ShadowClan apprentice, is killed by two fierce kittypets named Jacques and Susan, Cedarheart is part of the patrol that plans to get revenge for Talonpaw's murder. His leg is badly injured by the Twolegs who own the two kittypets, as they throw objects at the patrol to scare them away. Later, when a ThunderClan patrol offers to help them fight the kittypets, Blackstar refuses their assistance. Cedarheart tells Blackstar not be a fool and accept ThunderClan's help. Blackstar hesitates, but agrees reluctantly. He then adds in that Cedarheart cannot join the patrol, since his leg was not fully healed yet, much to the warrior's dismay.
- When Berrykit's tail is trapped in a fox trap, Cedarheart and a patrol consisting of Russetfur and Oakfur watch him, refusing to help him because he is born with kittypet blood.
- Later, when ShadowClan tries to steal some of ThunderClan's territory, Cedarheart is seen battling with Thornclaw, until Brambleclaw manages to pull him off.
In the Power of Three Arc
- Between Sunset and The Sight, Cedarheart retires as an elder. This may be due to his leg injury and it is noted that he is still a young warrior when he retires.
- When Jaypaw, Hollyleaf, and Lionblaze are spying on ShadowClan, they overhear Blackstar talking during a Clan meeting. Cedarheart is one of the cats that speaks up and agrees with Blackstar.
In the Omen of the Stars Arc
- After Russetfur's death in the ShadowClan camp, he mourns her death with the rest of ShadowClan, saying that she was his mentor and taught him well.
- Cedarheart and Tallpoppy complain about the snow before making nests outside their den. He is later seen in the elder's den coughing as Flametail goes to check on him. He is given tansy for his sickness.
- Cedarheart is seen in StarClan along with Hollyflower, Raggedstar, and Russetfur when Jayfeather and Spottedleaf need to cross the StarClan-ShadowClan border to find Flametail. Cedarheart persuades Russetfur to allow Jayfeather and Spottedleaf to pass to find Flametail.
- Cedarheart is briefly seen during the battle against the Dark Forest helping Littlecloud and Whitewater with the herbs.
In the Field Guide Arc
- He participates in the battle against RiverClan, when RiverClan warriors are fishing off the halfbridge during the night and scaring away the prey along the ShadowClan border. Along with Oakfur, he is told off by Blackstar for wandering too far ahead of the battle patrol, but is then instructed to hide around a wooden twoleg nest. When Blackstar orders his patrol to surrond the RiverClan cats, he blocks an escape route so the cats couldn't swim away.
- He is then mentioned by Dapplenose, who points him out at a Gathering. It is implied that he and his Clanmates, Snaketail and Tallpoppy, are making rude faces at the reader. Dapplenose then mentions he has the longest memory of any cat.
- He later narrates the story of Morningstar, along with insisting that there was one more story to tell, before the readers were taken back to Onestar. He tells about the battle between SkyClan and ThunderClan, and how they both had very different stories to tell.
In the Novellas
- Cedarheart is an elder of ShadowClan, and one of the cats that the carrionplace disease had not taken victim. While Tigerclaw and his band of rogues visit ShadowClan to help replenish their prey, Cedarheart is seen with the elders of his Clan, sharing a pigeon with his denmates. When Tigerclaw speaks up that it's time for he and his friends to depart, Cedarheart seems to be disappointed, and asks if they can stay to hear him tell a story of when he found a badger in the marshes of ShadowClan territory. Tigerclaw feigns disappointment, saying that he'd love to hear that story, but his friends have imposed on ShadowClan enough for one day.
- He is shown in StarClan in The Last Hope, but later on is shown helping Littlecloud in the final battle, before the StarClan cats show up.
- Despite not earning his warrior name until after The Darkest Hour, he is shown as an elder in Tigerclaw's Fury, which is set before then.
- He has kittypet blood through Hal.
Please do not edit this gallery
- Juniperclaw: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Strikestone: Living (As of Thunder and Shadow)
- Brokenstar: Deceased, No Residence
- Hopekit: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Wishkit: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Blossomkit: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Swampkit: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
= Gender Unknown
- Tawnypelt: "Blackstar, I've never given you any reason to doubt my loyalty."
- Blackstar: "You expect me to believe that, when you bring these warriors right into our camp?"
- Twilight, pages 186-187
- Tallpoppy: "Looks like more snow's coming."
- Cedarheart: "We'll be eating snow before long."
- Night Whispers, page 241
- "She was my mentor and taught me well."
- —Cedarheart talking about Russetfur following her death Night Whispers, page 58
References and Citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Revealed in The Last Hope, page 179
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Revealed in A Dangerous Path, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 136
- ↑ Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 276
- ↑ Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, page 52
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Revealed in Midnight, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in The Sight, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in The Darkest Hour, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in The Last Hope, page 273
- ↑ Revealed in Tigerclaw's Fury, chapter 5
- ↑ Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 197
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, pages 100-101
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 418
- ↑ Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 205
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 Revealed in Dark River, page 21
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 Revealed on Kate's blog
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 19.2 Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 71
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 Revealed on Vicky's Facebook