A Clan Meeting has one or more of the following purposes:
- Announcing important events or sharing information. (such as relating what happened at a Gathering.)
- Example: Firestar sharing the news of the Gathering when RiverClan proclaimed that the lake was theirs.
- Conduct a ceremony (such as appointing new apprentices, warriors and deputies, confirming the retirement of elders, or changing the name of a cat.)
- Warn Clan members about dangers. (such as the fox traps, a flood, or an impending attack.)
- Example: Firestar calling a Clan meeting from the results of the battle with WindClan and ShadowClan.
- Bring the Clan members together to discuss an important matter.
- Example: Leafstar calling the cats together to decide what to do about the Twoleg torturing cats.
It is the privilege of the Clan Leader to convoke a meeting. However, sometimes other Clan cats do it; for example if they feel that an important information or question must be brought to the Clan (such as Mousefur calling a meeting in Sunset), or if the leader is not available (such as when Fireheart called a meeting in A Dangerous Path).
To begin the meeting, the leader climbs to a high place (such as the Highrock in the ThunderClan Forest Camp) where all cats gathered below can see and hear them well. He or she opens the meeting with the words "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather here beneath the Highrock (or Highledge) for a Clan meeting". This type of call has only been verified for ThunderClan. RiverClan's call is: "Let all cats old enough to swim gather to hear my words!". ShadowClan and WindClan's calls have not been revealed yet. Though not revealed, it is sometimes thought to be "Let all (insert here)Clan cats gather for a meeting". On the rare occasions of Clan meetings in the Dark Forest, a leader calls out with these words: "Let all cats old enough to kill their own enemies gather here!" Once having the attention of all cats, he or she passes the message or performs the required ceremony.
Clan Meetings have no fixed dates; a meeting can be called at any time, whenever the leader feels the need to do so.
References and Citations
- ↑ Revealed in Outcast, page 17
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Revealed in The Fourth Apprentice, page 36
- ↑ Revealed in Eclipse, page 311
- ↑ Revealed in Sunset, page 184
- ↑ Revealed in SkyClan's Destiny, page 264
- ↑ Revealed in Sunset, page 73
- ↑ Revealed in Sunset, page 236
- ↑ Revealed in A Dangerous Path, page 245
- ↑ Revealed in Night Whispers, page 284
- ↑ Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 53
- ↑ Revealed in The Forgotten Warrior, page 220
- ↑ Revealed in The Fourth Apprentice, page 37
- ↑ Revealed in SkyClan's Destiny, page 18