|"Don't worry; we won't leave you here. Just try and keep up, okay?"|
|— Duckpaw comforting Rushpaw in Battles of the Clans, page 44|
Duckpaw is a she-cat with an unknown description.
In the Field Guide Arc
- Duckpaw, along with Pikepaw, Tanglepaw, and Rushpaw, appears in a training session with the RiverClan leader, Mistystar. She is teaching them battle tactics and how the water is a very important strength to RiverClan when attacking. Duckpaw is able to swim strongly without splashing, but she keeps herself higher up in the water. Duckpaw uses Tanglepaw's louder exit to mask her own exit out of the water. She gets mad at Rushpaw when she stumbles and splashes water everywhere, telling her that she should have stayed in the nursery, and that she is spoiling everything.
- After Mistystar leaves them so they can try and pretend to ambush her, Duckpaw calms down and swims beside Rushpaw, letting her know they won't leave her behind. When the apprentices crawl up on the bank to ambush Mistystar, Duckpaw accidentally leaves the water too fast and sends back a small wave into the water, which hits Rushpaw in the face, causing the other apprentice to splutter and Mistystar to hear the noise. Despite this set back, they all ambush Mistystar successfully.
= Gender Unknown
- "RiverClan fish! RiverClan swim! RiverClan warriors use water to win!"
- —The apprentices to Mistystar Battles of the Clans, page 40
- "Duckpaw held herself higher in the water, but she swam strongly, without splashing."
- —Narrator on Duckpaw’s swimming Battles of the Clans, page 42
- "If you're that small, maybe you should have stayed in the nursery. You're spoiling everything!"
- —Duckpaw to Rushpaw Battles of the Clans, page 43
- "The bank slopes down again on the far side of that willow tree. We can climb out there."
- —Duckpaw on how to get out of the stream Battles of the Clans, pages 43-44
- "Got you!"
- —Duckpaw and the apprentices surprise-attacking Mistystar Battles of the Clans, page 46