|Fire and Ice|
|Chapter Number:||24 (of 30)|
|Point of View:||Fireheart|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter twenty four of Fire and Ice. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 24 (of 30)
- Page Numbers: 249-255
- Tallstar calls that StarClan has ended the Gathering, as they covered the moon with clouds. Bluestar then summons all of the ThunderClan cats, who gather behind her and Tigerclaw before heading back towards ThunderClan territory in silence. The other Clans also depart from Fourtrees. On the way back, Fireheart drops back to talk to Graystripe about Silverstream.
- Before Fireheart even says anything, Graystripe already hisses that he refuses to stop meeting Silverstream. Fireheart is angered by this, stating that Graystripe is a fool because someone will figure out that he is meeting her. Graystripe starts to realize that he could be right, and with a moment's thought proposes that they could possibly just meet at Fourtrees. Fireheart is disappointed that he hadn't given up meeting her completely, but agrees to the idea.
- When they reach the camp, Bluestar and Tigerclaw call a Clan Meeting. Before joining the meeting, Fireheart goes the nursery to see if Cloudkit is all right. Brindleface states that he just had a chill, and asks about the Gathering. Fireheart hastily explains how StarClan covered the moon before the two cats join Bluestar's meeting.
- Bluestar explains that the biggest threat is from the apparent alliance between RiverClan and ShadowClan. Yellowfang is surprised at this alliance, stating that although RiverClan has the best prey, she didn't know why they would want to share. Bluestar then states they will fight the two Clans' raids, making new rules for the patrols. As the meeting breaks up, Fireheart goes to his nest, thinking about what happened at the Gathering. Whitestorm and Darkstripe enter, Whitestorm explaining that Fireheart is on the sunhigh patrol with him, Mousefur, and Sandpaw.
- The next morning, Fireheart goes to the nursery to see Cloudkit, who is playing with a moss ball. He throws the ball by the nursery, and goes to retrieve it when Fireheart spots a dark foreleg reaching for the ball, which Fireheart in a moment sees is Tigerclaw's. He returns the moss ball to Cloudkit, remarking that he didn't want to lose a precious plaything. Fireheart wonders if he meant Cloudkit was the "plaything", not the ball, and also whether Tigerclaw was responsible for Cinderpaw's accident.
- Graystripe agrees to only meet Silverstream at Fourtrees, as opposed to on RiverClan territory.
References and Citations
|Fire and Ice chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25 • Chapter 26 • Chapter 27 • Chapter 28 • Chapter 29 • Chapter 30|