Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This is a Project, a collaboration area and open group of editors dedicated to improving Warriors Wiki's coverage of a particular topic, or to organizing some internal Warriors Wiki process.|
For more information on Projects, please see the Community Portal.
This is a vote to add guidelines concerning what can and cannot be made into an alternate description charart. Discussion leading to this is here.
The proposed addition to the guidelines stands as such:
What Qualifies for an Alt
- Pelt type change (solid to tabby, tabby to tortie, etc, with the exception of gingers being described as tabbies)
- Pelt color change of more than one shade (pale grey to dark grey, not grey to pale grey or dark grey)
- Pelt color change to an entirely different color (brown to ginger, black to light grey, not silver to light grey or anything like that)
- Addition of pale markings or stripes in book images (however, should a cat be constantly depicted this way, a pale chest/muzzle/paws may be added to a character's description after discussion as long as those things do not change any part of the existing description)
- Being depicted with a pale underside or muzzle.
What does not Qualify for an Alt
- Gender change
- Eye color change
- Shifting pelt color by a single shade (pale grey to grey, ginger to dark ginger)
- Being given a partial description (such as Firestar not being mentioned with a pale belly, Graystripe being mentioned without his stripe, or Mousewhisker being mentioned with only grey fur) unless a character is specifically mentioned as not having an attribute they are cited to have (for example: "Mousewhisker emerged from the den, the solid grey cat stretching in the light", not "Mousewhisker sat with his sister, Hazletail, their grey fur blending together")
- Being depicted without stripes in the comic (for ginger cats that are not cited in the books as tabbies)
1. Add the Guidelines
My bias is evident. Shelly For a limited time only 14:12, April 6, 2012 (UTC) Rainlegs 14:15, April 6, 2012 (UTC)
- ~CloudSwag~ 14:39, April 6, 2012 (UTC)
- ___ 14:41, April 6, 2012 (UTC)
15:04 Fri Apr 6</s>
- Skt Here. Yes. Right here. 15:07, April 6, 2012 (UTC)
- 15:14, April 6, 2012 (UTC)
- --Leafstrike-- 17:41, April 6, 2012 (UTC)
- I do enjoy fun...8D
- Atelda insert vague subtext here 00:52, April 7, 2012 (UTC)
00:45, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Ivyheart =P 06:11, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
- It would save a lot of argument. ❄ Sunnyfrost ❄ 20:29, April 11, 2012 (UTC)
2. Do Not Add the Guidelines
- I do not agree with a character being shown with a pale underside, markings, or muzzle being grounds for an alt, so I can't support these guidelines. Yo! 20:37, April 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Agreeing with Ivy. 15:31, April 12, 2012 (UTC)
- After giving this some more thought...I agree with Ivy, too. Rainlegs 15:43, April 12, 2012 (UTC)
- I agree as well. MoonehGoodbye, everyone...
15:49, 04 12, 2012
- After re-reading what's been said, I have to agree as well. —Lightning words as weapons < 16:08,4/12/2012 >
- I agree too. I didn't notice that before. 16:11 Thu Apr 12
- Agreeing. ☯ Mistypebble ☯ 03:39, April 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Ohcrud, I put that in the wrong place. Sorry guys, I meant to put that under what doesn't qualify. Can I just move it, or do I need to start a new vote here? Shelly For a limited time only 06:04, April 19, 2012 (UTC)
With 11 votes to add these guidelines and 8 against, the rules will be added. However, due to a typographical error, a new vote will be started to move pale markings from what counts for an alt to what does not count. Shelly For a limited time only 22:17, April 20, 2012 (UTC)