Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This is a Project, a collaboration area and open group of editors dedicated to improving Warriors Wiki's coverage of a particular topic, or to organizing some internal Warriors Wiki process.|
For more information on Projects, please see the Community Portal.
This is a vote made in response to the discussion held on the project talk page.
For a fun activity, every month, a charart, voted by the members of PCA, would be featured on the front page of the project. It must be orginal artwork or a redo. The featured charart would go below the News Section. Project Senior Members would start the nominations and the public of the project would vote for the charart they wish to be featured.
Once a user has their charart featured, they can't have another one featured for the next two months. A user willing to put forth their art and have the possibility of it being featured will nominate their image. They can only nominate one charart in that month. The charart would have to be completed before the voting starts. (ie. Not on the approval page on the 25th of May) No non-canon chararts can be nominated. Every month there will be a different theme for the feature. (ie. The most creative tabby style)
Please place your vote in the appropriate section. Voting ends on May 18th. I do enjoy fun...8D
Put in place the features
- It would bring more fun and interest into the project, as well as congratulate the project on amazing charart skills. I do enjoy fun...8D
- It would improve a lot of peoples chararts and add a little competitiveness. And that's almost never bad.--.Boos Dinosaurs on a Spaceship! 15:08, May 12, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm not in PCA anymore, but since I proposed this thing I think my vote can still count. No body better make any drama over this. It's meant to be good old fashioned competitive fun. Shelly For a limited time only 16:26, May 12, 2012 (UTC)
I'm not too enthusiastic about this, but it wouldn't hurt to try...16:31, May 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Same with Stoney on the enthusiasm part, but if it causes drama we can always end it. Breezewhisker 16:40, May 12, 2012 (UTC)
- As Breezey said, we could always put a stop to this if it caused too much drama. Dazzy 23:23, May 12, 2012 (UTC)
- It sounds fun, but if it gets too out of hand, even just a bit, I think we should end it. I also think that everyone should at least get 1 charart nominated, so no one gets left out. ☯ Mistypebble ☯ 23:25, May 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Quite honestly, I am not sure whether this would be a good idea, but we can see how it goes. I also agree with Misty— 22:25, May 16, 2012 (UTC)Moonshine
- I'm not all that sure...but...It can't to try, can it? But...I'm kinda hesitating on this a bit, really...Mischief brewing 01:42, May 18, 2012 (UTC)
#I absolutely love this idea. It would give us a chance to showcase some great work from PCA, and also give new users a look at some of the awesome chararts that are being made right now. ★ Sootopolitan Berry ★ 06:18, May 18, 2012 (UTC)
Don't put in place the features
- I was too late to voice my objection due to other obligations, however, I think this vote has been put up premature. Where exactly will the voting be taking place? Can others nominate someone else's image? If so, does the original artist merely have to accept the nomination? And is it only original art? What about redoes (I have a feeling I already know the answer to this one but is should still be stated)? Who's going to head this operation? Two, three, five users? Etc. This are all the concerns I don't believe we've covered. It'd be unnecessarily hard, there'd be unnecessary confusion, and overall inactivity in trying to work out all the other variables with no one to head something of this magnitude (it's not a large change but do we really want it to fall inactive after concluding a vote?). Sorry, but we're voting on the mere outline of an idea without looking at the logistics of this idea. Atelda insert vague subtext here 18:11, May 12, 2012 (UTC)
- I agree with the above. I also think this is going to create more drama, and maybe even be unfair. --Leafstrike-- 22:38, May 12, 2012 (UTC)
- I thought about my vote, and I agree with the statements above. I believe that it will create more drama, and feelings might get hurt. RowanOnly One Can Judge... 22:43, May 12, 2012 (UTC)
- The competition itself might not cause drama, but putting up prematurely (like Teldy said) will. We need to agree on rules first. oblivionAudience? 00:24, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Yo! 02:40, May 18, 2012 (UTC)
- And how will this benefit the project? I really don't think this is a good idea..now that I've taken the time to rethink it.. —Lightning words as weapons < 02:43,5/18/2012 >
- I'm going to change my vote to against this-and I may reconsider if my question below in the comments, is answered with a valid reason. What is the benefit of this? To have fun? When I joined the project, things were fine and fun themselves without competitions or so, it was fine. Also, the main purpose of this project is to provide character articles with quality art, not to have competitions between each other. Personally, I feel that we should mostly focus on making quality art... 03:39, May 18, 2012 (UTC)
- ^^^ Rainlegs 03:40, May 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Agreeing with Stoney again. Art in itself is the fun. It doesn't need to be a competition. If you want a friendly competition, you can always have one outside the project. Breezewhisker 04:25, May 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Narr. I was always 50-50 on this. I don't want drama to start over what seems to be a competition to see how good a persons chararts are. owo ★ Sootopolitan Berry ★ 11:04, June 15, 2012 (UTC)
- Not trying to sway you or anything, as I cannot change your opinion, but the voting would take place on a forum, like the other projects do. Similar to the rogue and loner voting I'd imagine, users get given some time to post a charart (like a week or two) and then voting would start. It would be self-nominations. It would be orginal art and redoes. I'll probably be one of the users taking care of this mini-project, and any other Senior Warrior who wants to volenteer could. Sorry for the miss-understandings. Any other concerns can be placed here. I do enjoy fun...8D
- I thought it was intended for someone to nominate another person's charart. o3o 01:01 Sun May 13
- Um... not really. We thought of that first but then we agreed that self-nominations would be the best. 8/ I do enjoy fun...8D
I have a question. Can anyone explain exactly how will this benefit to the project?23:08, May 16, 2012 (UTC)