Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I believe this has been discussed before, but nothing came of it. I'm re-opening it. We have articles that don't fall into any project. These are articles about authors, years, chats, etc. I think a project including these articles would prosper very well. We do need a name, and a leader before we put it into action. What do you guys think? ☾Moonflight☽ 01:09, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
Definetly. I totally agree on this. It would be like any other project, am I correct? Having its own featured article, silver/gold nominations, articles to work on, concerns...?--❀Appledash❀krebs x burgdorf
I totally agree! And I like Project Reality for the name. Echoblaze♥ 01:26, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
An active user, Like Moonflight said we wouldn't want a new project to get cold so fast. I totally agree to this project, it's a wonderful idea and I'd join anytime ;) So basically, a user who actually would contribute to this project and help it grow ;) Splook it's a long way down. 01:49, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
Icestorm, that's why I said Splashpelt. If we're going with ones who haven't lead a project, that would mean Rainlegs, Moonflight, Mistystar, Rainwhisper, Darkhallows, Iceheart and myself are out of the question (I'm going by the leads of all four projects, as of today). Lawliet Meow 02:03, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
I agree with all of those names, But I didn't expect mine to be there o.o Anyways, Yeah I feel a user who would benefit from the leadership of this project would be a good choice. Splook it's a long way down. 02:15, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
This project sounds like a great idea. I support it. :P02:22, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
- She just returned from a really long hiatus. Sorry, but she should stick around a bit longer before she's offered a lead position. ☾Moonflight☽ 02:28, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
- xD Yes, I agree Splashy. Someone who is open to new ideas, doesn't stay the same, able to contribute to the project and watch it blossom at the side of the Wiki. --❀Appledash❀krebs x burgdorf 02:39, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Lol, I like the word you used there. "Blossom." So we have a user with the understanding of the pages and articles, a user that is able to grow, a user that is open for the project to grow, and a fairly active user. I believe these are pretty good qualifications. Splook it's a long way down. 02:43, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Flowers. Are. Awesome. xD Anyways, I think one of those users could include my dear Splashy :) --❀Appledash❀krebs x burgdorf 02:44, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
- I agree. Splashy and Atelda are two possible choices. :D 03:33, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
- I like this idea. I definitely think Splashpelt should be leader, or Atelda. Someone who's experienced. This time for Africa! 03:34, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Atelda would be a wonderful leader :D She's patient, kind, and experienced. She helped me out when I was new and I really appreciate that. Plus, she's a member of all the projects, so she really knows what to do. Echoblaze♥ 03:39, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, we have some possible leaders named, but what about deputies? You said you wanted the leader to be a new leader, so should the deputy be a "new deputy" or a experienced one? Splook it's a long way down. 13:04, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
- I think the deputy should at least have some knowledge about this project. It doesn't have to be too much, just enough so that he/she understands the topics in the project. 13:08, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
- It's whoever the leader wants. But now, we're focusing on the leaders. --❀Appledash❀krebs x burgdorf 14:08, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
- This project sounds like a great idea. ^-^ Maybe Icestorm would be a good choice too. She's had plenty of experience as a lead, and has been with this wiki for a long time. Roo Hawkfrost lover♥ 14:15, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
I agree with Rainy, Icestorm would be a wonderful choice in a leader. She's experienced enough and I believe she would be excellent at helping the project grow :) Splook it's a long way down. 23:29, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
- It's the leader's decision. Plus, Ivystripe has not demonstrated interest in this discussion. ☾Moonflight☽ 16:50, July 5, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, it is. Are we going to come up with finalists and have users vote between the finalists? --❀Appledash❀krebs x burgdorf 17:44, July 5, 2011 (UTC)
- That sounds appropriate to me. We should have two finalists, because three might make the outcome even. Splook it's a long way down. 18:46, July 5, 2011 (UTC)
- But...there are three suggestions. Atelda, Icestorm, and Splashpelt. So... what do we do? ☾Moonflight☽ 18:51, July 5, 2011 (UTC)
- Hm. I guess we could have a three-way vote, It's not like there's much of a risk of being even in general, I suppose. It'll probably be alright with three =) Splook it's a long way down. 19:13, July 5, 2011 (UTC)
- It probably would ;) Three-way vote would be fine! Atelda insert vague subtext here 19:24, July 5, 2011 (UTC)
Hey all. This kind of project was suggested about a year ago by Sandy and me (there was a discussion on the community portal), but never started up - there were no people to manage it as the wiki sank into a kind of general inactivity in Autumn. It's nice to see that it is finally picked up - better late than never. :)
Regarding the leadership, I support Atelda; she is one of the most mature members on the wiki and would be an excellent leader. Icestorm is probably the most experienced of the current members, but I can see that she has just returned from a long inactivity. If she can stick around, I'm OK with it, but overall I'd prefer someone who is constantly active.
"create a template for these articles" - What do you mean? There are lots of different-themed articles, we surely cannot use the same template e.g. on an Author page and on a Chat page. Maybe we can make a Charcat-like template for the Authors (that contains a picture, birthdate, occupation, location etc), but I see no point in adding info boxes to pages like chats, years, fan movement etc.
This project can also manage non-article pages; such as the Main Page, the Community Portal etc. The name "Project Reality" doesn't sound too right to me, but I cannot come up with anything better either.
Good luck and kind regards. :)19:30, July 5, 2011 (UTC)
I think this project is a great idea! but I agree with Helix Project reality? sounds a little off, it dosen't really click quite right.Canyonsong 20:42, July 5, 2011 (UTC)
- Helix: I mean to cover the the articles that will be in the Project; Authors, Illustrators, etc. I just threw the idea out there. It's little more than an idea at this point.
The only other thing I can think of is Project Globe or something, But Project Globe sounds a lot like Project World. So I don't know, really. :P Splook it's a long way down. 23:09, July 5, 2011 (UTC)
Hi I'm kinda new--I was wondering if I could join the project and if I could if somebody could help me understand exactly WHAT to do. Lol :P chocoholic.was.here 23:16, July 5, 2011 (UTC)
Well, it's not set up yet. But to give you a main idea - it's based on the outside of Warriors, like the authors and illustrators and that stuff. But, for the project name, I think it's fine. Overall, the main page is basically "real" not about a Warriors character or something, so I believe the name is fine. --❀Appledash❀krebs x burgdorf 23:19, July 5, 2011 (UTC)
Project Reality, our original name, overall seems the best. It's different from the other names and basically spells out what it includes (like our other projects), But I don't know about the other's thoughts. So, I don't know. Splook it's a long way down. 23:24, July 5, 2011 (UTC)
Well, We could choose the official name at a later date. Right now our most important part is our leader, and who will accept the name and all :P Splook it's a long way down. 23:46, July 5, 2011 (UTC)
Mmmm...I think that the name's still kind of important, but it can be decided after the leader is named. And to be honest, if the project would manage the Community Portal and such (which I think is a brilliant idea) then "Project Reality doesn't sound quite right. Atelda insert vague subtext here 00:40, July 6, 2011 (UTC)
19:03, July 6, 2011 (UTC)
congrats Atelda! yeah we should probably create another project page, oh wait first we should decide on a name.Canyonsong 16:56, July 21, 2011 (UTC)