The new Administrator Guidelines create a way in which a Sysop can be reviewed by Peers and the population of the Wiki. Prior to now there has not been a way in which Sysops could be reviewed/removed/ect. Now is the time to put this new rule into use and attend to the issues surrounding Oglog.
Why Oglog Should Not Be A Sysop
- Oglog may have founded our wiki, but has not fulfilled any of the obligations that Warriors Wiki Sysops have come to be responsible for.
- Reviewing the Contributions of Oglog, it is revealed that they do contribute to the Wiki. The issue is the lack of consistency of any kind.
- 21 June 2006 they founded the Wiki and created several pages.
- In August 2006 they made a handful of edits over 4 days (10th - 13th)
- In October 2007, they undertook a period of contribution that lasted 10 days (15th - 24th)
- Oglog last appeared on 30 March 2008, patted Eu on the back for keeping the place alive and vanished again.
- While Oglog edits occasionaly, should we have someone of Admin rights with this activity level when we have editors right now who are far more active and devoted to the Wiki? Over the course of two years Oglog's Edit Count has been surpassed by those of editors who have been here less than a month and equaled the quality they have put forth. I feel that having a user who is Sysop in name only is detrimental to the Wiki, clogging up the right and taking a spot that could go to a more devoted editor.
Place Comments under === TITLE === 3rd level headlines.
I'll elaborate more later, but now I'm on the Wii, and can only type a little. I agree with everything you brought up, and when the time comes, I'll vote for the removal of powers.--Σulãlíã(T–C–G) 17:29, 19 July 2008 (UTC)
In another 24 hours if we continue with no comments I will be sending this one to vote, since it's been dormant for 3 days. Fox's Den 14:02, 22 July 2008 (UTC)