|"Trust your warriors, Doestar. ThunderClan will survive."|
|— Cloudberry talking to Doestar in Goosefeather's Curse, chapter 8|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter eight of Goosefeather's Curse. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 8 (of 10)
- Page Numbers: N/A
- More and more kits are born in ThunderClan, with Harepounce giving birth to a pair of she-cats named Specklekit and Whitekit. Rainfur gave birth to Dapplekit, Tawnykit and Thrushkit. Cloudberry insists on dealing with the births on her own, as she didn't want him to see the kits' future unrolled.
- Larksong's kits, Sunkit and Featherkit grow into strong little cats, causing constant trouble as Larksong sent them out of the nursery to give the other queens some peace.
- Goosefeather asks Cloudberry if she seen Sunkit jump just then. They are choosing a soft piece of prey for Nettlebreeze, who is complaining of toothache. Goosefeather says that Sunkit is already more powerful than Featherkit. Cloudberry warns him to not let the kits hear him say that. Goosefeather is irritated and says he was just making an observation. The older medicine cat shakes her head and says he sees Sunkit's future every time he looks at him, and warns him to not let that blind him to what is happening now. Goosefeather insists that he can't take away what he seen, and that Sunkit would grow up to be the leader. Cloudberry flashes back, saying that all of the kits are special, and that medicine cats must treat all cats equally.
- As Doestar approaches the fresh kill pile, she asks if everyone has eaten. Cloudberry says not yet and offers Doestar a squirrel. Doestar refuses, saying the queens should eat first. She says there are too many hungry mouths to feed in ThunderClan. She mentions the three new litters of kits. Goosefeather looks down at the vole he is eating, thinking that if StarClan continued to send them prey, they might as well not even notice leaf-bare passing through the forest.
- Goosefeather wakes up with a start, He notices that the medicine den seems bitterly cold, and there was barely any light. Cloudberry is snoring in her nest, and Goosefeather feels too restless to fall back asleep. He pads out of the den, looking up at the moon, which was barely a claw-scratch in the sky. The ground was stone-hard, and the air was cold.
- He ran out to the clearing and stopped in horror. Rooktail and Squirrelwhisker clawed at the empty freshkill pile. A dead ginger cat lay in the clearing, but the cats seem to pay no attention to it. A few well fed cats sat at the edge of the clearing, watching, but Goosefeather knows they are from StarClan. He felt sad as the living cats starved.
- More Coming Soon
- Goosefeather has a vision of ThunderClan starving and warriors dying.[source?]
References and Citations
|Goosefeather's Curse chapters|
|Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10|