|But then the wind shifted, and the Twoleg rock caught fire, and then the branch fell and trapped us. We never should have listened to Duskpaw!|
|— Cloudpaw to Hawkpaw in Hawkwing's Journey, page 16|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter one of Hawkwing's Journey. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 1 (of 35)
- Page Numbers: 5-17
- Hawkpaw purrs drowsily, enjoying the warm sunlight on his pelt. The dark gray apprentice lays at the base of a rock, tail curled over his paws. His whiskers twitch, sinking deeper into sleep, imagining himself stalking prey among bushes. A meow rings out, and a ginger cat lands on him. The cat prods Hawkpaw's ribs sharply; Hawkpaw scents Duskpaw, his littermate. The gray tom pushes his brother off himself, then sits up, shaking out his tabby fur. Hawkpaw asks Duskpaw what he's doing, since he was enjoying his nap. The ginger tabby declares to him it's time to wake, for Pebblepaw and Cloudpaw made a plan. Still half-asleep, Hawkpaw narrows his eyes, annoyed.
- He guesses their plan is to go get Twoleg food, since ever since Duskpaw was a kit, he'd loved it. His brother is willing to do silly things to get it. Hawkpaw twitches his whiskers, thinking Duskpaw must have bees in his brain. The sleek-furred tomcat yawns, questioning what his plan is. The ginger apprentice bounces up and down on his paws, explaining Pebblepaw and Cloudpaw noticed Twolegs carrying things. He describes the objects as woven twigs, then exclaims if Hawkpaw knows what those are. The gray tom sighs wearily, since he guessed beforehand, then mentions Twoleg food; Duskpaw squeals about it at the same time.
- He says Pebblepaw had spotted them a while ago, so leftovers could've been left. Hawkpaw teases him, stating that his brother will become a Twoleg if he keeps it up. The dark gray tabby tells Duskpaw his fur will get thin, except for on his forehead, and it'll be all messy; then stand on two legs and ride in monsters. Duskpaw protests, calling him a stupid furball, and Hawkpaw responds that he's so crazy over their food, it isn't even exciting. The tabby challenges how he'd do it, without Waspwhisker finding out, then mentions Billystorm and Plumwillow.
|Hawkwing's Journey chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25 • Chapter 26 • Chapter 27 • Chapter 28 • Chapter 29 • Chapter 30 • Chapter 31 • Chapter 32 • Chapter 33 • Chapter 34 • Chapter 35 • Manga|