|"I promise that I will make WindClan a force to be respected among all the Clans of the forest. I will lead them well through my nine lives. And when I join you, I hope you will welcome me with pride at what I have achieved."|
|— Heatherstar addressing StarClan after receiving her lives in Tallstar's Revenge, page 2|
|Cause of Death|
|Cause of Death:||Greencough|
|Living:||Tallstar's Revenge, Yellowfang's Secret, Crookedstar's Promise, Battles of the Clans, Bluestar's Prophecy|
In the Super Edition Arc
- She first appears in the prologue to receive her nine lives in StarClan. She is given her eighth life, the courage to follow your instincts, by Thrushpelt. She groans as she receives her life. She is asked by Hawkheart if she is alright, and she replies that she is fine. Another cat comes, and Heatherstar recognizes her as Daisytail, the queen who refused to allow her kits to fight against ShadowClan. Her insistence was so strong, that it became part of the warrior code that no kit under six moons of age will be an apprentice. She gives Heatherstar her ninth life, the force of a mother's love, before StarClan fades.
- Heatherstar decides to stay, and is approached by a she-cat. The cat asks her why she lingers in StarClan, and Heatherstar responds that she wanted to breathe the scents of StarClan a little longer. The she-cat introduces herself as Mothflight, and Heatherstar recognizes her as the medicine cat who discovered the Moonstone. Mothflight tells her that she watched her leader ceremony, but has a warning for her. She tells Heatherstar not to demand the loyalty of her Clan, and Heatherstar is surprised. She argues with Mothflight briefly over Clan loyalty, but stays quiet. Mothflight tells her of a warrior of WindClan who will stray and that she must let him, even if she fears he will never return, for it is the only way he could discover where his heart belonged. Heatherstar then understood what Mothflight meant when Talltail requested to leave so he can avenge his father's death and to explore what lays beyond the clan.
- More Coming Soon
- Raggedpelt mentions that Heatherstar was said to have snidely accused ShadowClan of trespassing on WindClan territory. At the following Gathering, Heatherstar follows Cedarstar up the Highrock. At the Gathering superseding that one, Heatherstar begins to speak at the moment Yellowfang feels a stabbing pain in her belly. Several moons later at another Gathering, Brokenpaw attacks two WindClan apprentices; Cedarstar, embarrassed, intervenes, though Heatherstar dips her head and says that no cat should blame him, though he should make sure his apprentices understand the importance of the full-moon truce.
- Heatherstar is mentioned by Crookedpaw, an apprentice of RiverClan, when he asks Bluepaw, an apprentice of ThunderClan, where Heatherstar is. Heatherstar tells the Clans that WindClan have fully restocked their medicine supply, and that the kits and elders have finally recovered from ThunderClan's attack. Sunfall growls at her, saying that ThunderClan only fought warriors. Heatherstar corrects herself then, explaining that the elders and kits have finally recovered from the shock of watching their kin being brutally attacked in their nests.
- At another Gathering, when RiverClan and ThunderClan were fighting with words, provoked by Pinestar, she stops it from getting worse. A couple moons later, at another Gathering, she offers, along with the other leaders, Yellowfang good wishes when Yellowfang becomes Sagewhisker's medicine cat apprentice.
- Heatherstar loses her last life towards the end of the book to unknown causes. Her deputy, Talltail, takes over the leadership of WindClan, becoming Tallstar.
- Heatherstar is mentioned by Bluepaw, who remembers Pinestar looking directly at the furious WindClan leader during her first Gathering.
- Heatherstar is next viewed at the battle between ThunderClan and WindClan. She tells Hawkheart, who is threatening Bluepaw, to continue treating the injured. When ThunderClan retreats, she tells Pinestar that the attack was unjust, and StarClan would have never allowed ThunderClan to win. She then orders ThunderClan to take their wounded and leave.
- At the next Gathering, Heatherstar is seen interrupting Hawkheart as he taunts Bluepaw, telling him to wait beside the Great Rock. She announces at the Gathering that WindClan had fully restocked their medicine supplies, and that the kits and elders had finally recovered from ThunderClan's attack. Sunfall growls at her, stating that ThunderClan had only fought warriors, and Heatherstar corrects herself, explaining that the elders and kits had finally recovered from the shock of watching their kin being brutally attacked in their nests.
- At another Gathering, when Pinestar's words raise tensions between the Clans, Heatherstar is the one to stop it from getting any worse. Moons later, when Yellowfang becomes a medicine cat apprentice, Heatherstar offers her good wishes along with the other leaders.
- Heatherstar loses her last life towards the end of the book of unknown causes. Her deputy, Talltail, then takes over leadership of WindClan, becoming Tallstar.
In the Field Guide Arc
- Heatherstar is first mentioned by Rippleclaw, reminding Hailstar that she had announced at the previous Gathering that WindClan had doubled their border patrols. Heatherstar attempts in vain to stop Hailstar and his warriors from stealing back Graykit and Willowkit. When Timberfur threatens to kill two WindClan guards, Heatherstar is puzzled and a little sorrowful, saying that WindClan does not fight in that way.
- She is mentioned twice on Tallstar's page. Heatherstar realized that Tallkit preferred the open air of the moor as a moor-runner instead of the cramped, dusty tunnels as a tunneler, so appointed him as a moor-runner. When Talltail returned after his journey to find Sparrow, he fought hard to earn his Clanmates trust and was rewarded by being made Heatherstar's deputy.
- She has been mistakenly described with purple eyes.
Please do not edit this gallery
- "A threat to kill? That is not how we fight, Hailstar."
- —Heatherstar to Hailstar Battles of the Clans, page 54
- "Have courage, Talltail. You followed your heart once and it made you stronger. It forged a bond between you and WindClan that nothing can ever break. Always follow your heart, Talltail, as you did then. Let it guide you in everything you do."
- —Heatherstar to Talltail Tallstar's Revenge, pages 492-493
- Heatherstar: "You feel trapped by your home? Are we trapped by the sky, or the earth? Are we trapped because we need prey to live? Or water to drink? Or air to breathe? We depend on all these things, but they don't make us feel trapped. Can you imagine what your life will be like without the protection of your Clan? You will have to hunt for yourself, heal yourself if you get hurt. There will be no one to share your victories. Or your defeats."
- Talltail: "But I will be free."
- Tallstar's Revenge, page 286
References and Citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 492
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 498
- ↑ Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 11
- ↑ Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 1
- ↑ Revealed in Into the Wild, page 140
- ↑ Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 161
- ↑ Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 93
- ↑ Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 8
- ↑ Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 257