|"I tried as long as I could, licking and licking her, but her breathing only got shallower and shallower, until finally it stopped altogether. [...] I buried my nose in her fur, feeling grief crash down on me. It was a clear sign from StarClan. These kits should never have been born."|
|— Yellowfang's feeling after her kits are born in Secrets of the Clans, page 68|
In the Super Edition Arc
- Yellowfang gives birth to three kits in the hollow of a dead tree, two she-kits and a tom. The other she-kit is born dead. While the tom lets out an angry wail when his mother touches him, Hopekit only whimpers quietly and moves her paws slightly. Yellowfang continues to lick the she-kit, but her breathing continues to get shallower until she too dies. Yellowfang buries her two dead daughters deep in the ground, so no fox, badger, or cat would ever find them.
- At the half-moon gathering of the medicine cats Silverflame comes to Yellowfang. Yellowfang asks if she knew about the kits and Silverflame replies that she did, on the night Yellowfang was made a medicine cat, three kits appeared behind her. As Silverflame is about to leave Yellowfang asks about her daughters and looks around, finally spotting them. She tries to run towards them, but her legs are useless and she soon wakes up back at the Moonstone.
In the Field Guide Arc
- Hopekit is born to Yellowfang and Raggedpelt, she dies soon after she was born and her sister, Wishkit, was stillborn. Yellowfang is distraught at this, thinking of how the precious kits should never have been born. Soon after Yellowfang buries Hopekit and Wishkit on her way back to the camp.
- Although not mentioned by name, Hopekit appears briefly on Raggedstar's page. Yellowfang decided to become a medicine cat, which means she had to separate her relationship with Raggedpelt. It was too late to untangle their paths though, as Yellowfang soon found out she was expecting kits. Raggedpelt was overjoyed at the prospect at becoming a father but outraged when Yellowfang said their kits will never know who their mother was. Only one kit survived.
- She is also mentioned not by name on Sagewhisker's page. Sagewhisker realized that Yellowfang was expecting Raggedstar’s kits, and wondered if she made a terrible mistake. She persuaded Yellowfang to tell Raggedstar that their kits will have at least one parent in the Clan and Yellowfang took her mentor's advice.
- Vicky revealed Hopekit's name in a letter to a fan.
- She has kittypet blood through Hal.
- Vicky says that Hopekit died shortly after birth unlike Wishkit, who was stillborn.
- Nutwhisker: Living (As of Yellowfang's Secret)
- Mintkit: Deceased, Residence Unknown
- Scorchwind: Living (As of Yellowfang's Secret)
= Gender Unknown
- "These are the kits I saw in the pool, when I was in StarClan with Silverflame. But they should never have been born."
- —Yellowfang thoughts Yellowfang's Secret, page 321
References and Citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 339
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 320
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Revealed in a letter from Victoria Holmes
- ↑ Revealed on Victoria Holmes Letter 2
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 197
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 316
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, allegiances
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 473
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 418
- ↑ Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 205
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 396