|"It is all right, young warrior; don't be afraid. I think Tigerclaw was surprised by the power of the Moonstone. In the world above, Tigerclaw is a fearless and mighty warrior, but down here, where the spirits of StarClan speak, a cat needs a different kind of strength."|
|— Bluestar explaining to Firepaw in Into the Wild, page 178|
|Into the Wild|
|Chapter Number:||15 (of 25)|
|Point of View:||Firepaw|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter fifteen of Into the Wild. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 15 (of 25)
- Page Numbers: 175-180
- The cats walk toward Mothermouth, Bluestar in the lead. Firepaw notices how quiet Ravenpaw was being. Bluestar assigns Graypaw and Ravenpaw to guard the entrance while she, Tigerclaw, and Firepaw will go inside. Firepaw is honored, but notices that, despite his confidence, Tigerclaw smells of fear. They enter the dark caves and pad forward until they reach the cavern of the Moonstone. They settle down to wait for moonhigh.
- Suddenly, moonlight enters the cavern and Firepaw must screw up his eyes against the light from the Moonstone, which turns everything silver. Beside him, Tigerclaw flees the cavern fearfully. Bluestar asks Firepaw if he is still there and the apprentice replies that he is. Bluestar says that Tigerclaw was probably startled by the power it can emit and asks Firepaw what he feels.
- Firepaw relaxes and says that he just feels his curiosity. Firepaw glances back at the Moonstone and remembers his dream, realizing that this was the ball of light he had seen.
- Bluestar pads forward and touches the Moonstone with her nose and falls asleep. Firepaw waits patiently until she awakes, asking if Firepaw is still there. Firepaw replies he is and she says that they must return to camp immediately.
- They rush out to where Graypaw and Ravenpaw are guarding the entrance with a now cold and dignified Tigerclaw and Bluestar repeats that they must return to camp immediately. Firepaw remembers his dream about the fighting with the dark warriors and wonder if it is about to come true.
References and Citations
|Into the Wild chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25|