|"You have never been wrong before, Spottedleaf. If StarClan has spoken, then it must be so. Fire will save our Clan."|
|— Bluestar to Spottedleaf about the prophecy in Into the Wild, page 5|
|Into the Wild|
|Chapter Number:||Prologue (of 25)|
|Point of View:||Tigerclaw|
- Below contains in-depth information for the prologue of Into the Wild. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: Prologue (of 25)
- Page Numbers: 1-5
- Tigerclaw pins down Oakheart in the center of the battle, and tells the tom that Sunningrocks belong to ThunderClan; Oakheart retorts that RiverClan will win over the rocks tonight. An anxious warrior announces the arrival of more RiverClan warriors approaching the battle, and Tigerclaw tells Oakheart that he and his warriors don't belong in the forest. Mousefur is attacked by a RiverClan tom who had pinned her and was about to go for a killing bite. Tigerclaw hears her cry of distress and leaps off of Oakheart, knocking the other tom off of Mousefur before ordering her to run. Mousefur gets up and runs away.
- Tigerclaw sinks his teeth in the tom's leg, and watches him squeal and struggle away. He spends a minute bickering with Redtail over whether or not ThunderClan should retreat. Tigerclaw wants to keep fighting, but is cut off when Redtail argues that he doesn't want to lose any lives. Redtail commands his warriors to retreat, and ThunderClan disappears into the trees.
No certain PoV
- Bluestar is seen sitting in a small clearing, watching the stars. Spottedleaf, the medicine cat, joins her, and tells Bluestar that Mousefur and the rest of the Clan will heal from their battle wounds. Bluestar is troubled by the defeat of her Clan, and points out that ThunderClan has not lost a battle since she has become leader, and also mentions that there have been few kits born, and newleaf came late. Spottedleaf points out that there will be more kits come greenleaf, and asks if Bluestar is asking StarClan for answers. Spottedleaf reveals that StarClan hasn't spoken to her in moons, and notices a shooting star in the night sky. She receives the prophecy: Fire alone can save the Clan.
- Bluestar comments that fire is feared by all Clans, and questions how it can save them. Spottedleaf admits that she doesn't know, and Bluestar replies that Spottedleaf hasn't been wrong before. Bluestar says that it must be true, and fire will save her Clan.
- Oakheart is mistakenly described as bracken-colored.
- "Fire alone can save our Clan."
References and Citations
|Into the Wild chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25|