|"Fight loyally, and with courage. That is all your Clan asks of you."|
|— Ivypool to Applefur in The Last Hope, page 291|
|Age:||Approx. 54 moons (4.5 years)|
|Living:||Battles of the Clans, The Ultimate Guide, Sunrise, Hollyleaf's Story, The Fourth Apprentice, Fading Echoes, Mistystar's Omen, Night Whispers, Sign of the Moon, The Forgotten Warrior, The Last Hope, Dovewing's Silence, Bramblestar's Storm, The Apprentice's Quest, Thunder and Shadow, Shattered Sky|
Ivypool is a slender, soft-furred, pale, silver-and-white tabby she-cat, with white paws, a white belly and face, a striped silver tail, sliced ears, and dark blue eyes.
In the Super Edition Arc
- Ivypool is now a mentor to Snowpaw. She calls to her apprentice, telling him that it's time for some battle training. She is one of the cats chosen to go to the Gathering, and is seen by Squirrelflight chatting to Tigerheart and Ratscar, along with Cherryfall. Once Ratscar and Cherryfall have moved on, Bramblestar notices that Tigerheart is still talking to Ivypool, and cautiously moves within earshot. Tigerheart asks her where Dovewing is, and with a guarded look in her eyes she replies that her sister is in the camp. The ShadowClan warrior asks if she was with Bumblestripe, and Ivypool retorts that it was none of his business. After the Gathering, Ivypool is taking Snowpaw out with Whitewing, Spiderleg and their apprentices, seen walking along the lakeshore. When Amberpaw and Dewpaw frighten Daisy, Ivypool prods them both and ask them to apologize. She is seen later asking Snowpaw if he remembers the names of The Fallen. When Molewhisker, Sandstorm, and Bramblestar return to the camp with the big white bird they had taken from WindClan, Ivypool says that she had never seen a bird like that, and it was big enough to feed the entire Clan.
- Ivypool offers to lead a patrol, and Bramblestar tells her to take hers to the WindClan border. During that patrol, she sticks her head into the old Twoleg den and asks what’s going on. Bumblestripe explains that Cherryfall fell off a tree and Bramblestar broke her fall. Ivypool stretches wide he eyes and asks Bramblestar if he is hurt and that he should let Jayfeather check him. Bramblestar insists he is okay but Ivypool retorts that hedgehogs fly. She tells him he can barely and orders Cherryfall to not try to hide her paw as she can see the blood. Cherryfall mutters it’s just a ripped claw but Ivypool snaps it needs treatment. Bramblestar tells Ivypool to keep her fur on, agreeing to her insistence. Her patrol flanks the injured cats as they head back to camp with Bramblestar asking if they scented any sign of WindClan. Ivypool reports not a whiff, only what’s in the breeze. There was no sign of the strange white birds either. Later, the warriors' den is flooded out so the warriors bed down in different dens with Ivypool in the apprentices’ den. Amberpaw exclaims that this is exciting but Ivypool snaps it isn’t, trying to dry her wet fur. She points out they are cold and wet and says only StarClan knows the state of the camp will be in the morning.
- The whole camp floods so ThunderClan is forced to abandon it. Ivypool suggests using the tunnels as a temporary camp. Bramblestar commends her idea and the Clan heads for the tunnels. At the entrance, Ivypool tells the apprentices they are blocking it and cats are waiting in the rain. Seedpaw apologises and adds to Ivypool that the rest of the apprentices are still kits. The young cats explore inside with Ivypool warning them to not go far. Ivypool is part of a patrol that explores the tunnels some more, wearily picking her way through the Clan. The passages are eerily quiet, and Ivypool is wary as if expecting something to happen. Later when Bramblestar worries about the other Clans, Dovewing says that Ivypool was at the Gathering and explained to her that RiverClan already moved dens away from the lake. Later, Ivypool shows a battle move to the three youngest apprentices. Snowpaw and Dewpaw start wrestling each other and Ivypool and Whitewing scramble through the bracken that’s behind them. Snowpaw starts to slip and Ivypool yowls an alarm for a mudslide. She is buried under, but pops out her head, floundering through the loose earth and spitting out soil. She manages to drag herself free.
- Ivypool growls she’ll never be clean again, shaking away loose soil. Her fur is still full of mud and claws clogged with it too. Dewpaw throws some mud at Snowpaw, and Ivypool tells him that’s enough. Dewpaw cheekily points out they cannot be anymore dirty. Ivypool says the word apprentices with a sigh. Dovewing tells Bramblestar her sister and the others need to get to the stream and clean off. As Bramblestar reports of WindClan trespassing, Ivypool joins her Clanmates and hisses they have to chase them off. Bramblestar wants to investigate how they are crossing the stream and takes Ivypool. The she-cat gets Snowpaw, racing into the tunnels and calling for her apprentice. She returns with Bramblestar telling Snowpaw to stay close to her. During the patrol, Ivypool bounds ahead but suddenly turns back to gesture with her tail, telling them to come and see something. Bramblestar bounds to the warriors side to see a fallen tree on the stream where WindClan has been using it to cross. Ivypool calls WindClan impudent rabbit-chasers and asks what they are going to do.
- As they discuss, Ivypool recalls how Dovewing dislodged the dam when the beavers built one. She thinks to dislodge this one will be similar to that dam, but they waded into the water and dislodged from the bottom. They cannot do that here as the currents too fast and it’s too deep. A WindClan patrol is coming, so Snowpaw and Ivypool dive under rocks to hide. Afterwards, Ivypool and Jessy put their heads together to figure out a way to move the tree. Ivypool notes they cannot break it or chew through it. Jessy suggests moving the rubbish to unclog and let the current move the tree away. Ivypool seems doubtful as she says that could work but asks where they will stand. She points out that’ll make one cat stuck on WindClan land. Bramblestar decides they have to dislodge one end and the rest will wash away. As they try it, Ivypool thrusts herself besides Bramblestar and pushes hard against the outer branches. They use a hawthorn bush to perch light-weight cats to lunge their weight on the tree from on top. Ivypool scrambles on top and her hind legs slip and slap the water. Bumblestripe steadies her as she gives an annoyed hiss, complaining she cannot shake the water out of her fur.
- They successfully dislodge the tree, and Ivypool yowls their victory. She says that WindClan cannot cross it now. Bramblestar tells Ivypool and Poppyfrost to put scent markers across the stream as a message for WindClan they will not tolerate trespassers. They leave enough to overpower the traces of WindClan scent. Bramblestar later asks Dovewing if she wants to hunt, but she protests that Ivypool is better than her. As Bramblestar gathers warriors who will fight the kittypets troubling ShadowClan, Ivypool comes forward and volunteers. Snowpaw does too but Bramblestar refuses. Ivypool asks why, pointing out he will fight sooner or later and this battle won’t be dangerous like a battle against other Clans. Bramblestar sees her point and lets Snowpaw come. One their way, Ivypool calls for Bramblestar to come and see something. She and Snowpaw have been searching one side and are now standing in front of a drift of white. Its pigeon feathers scattered everywhere with ShadowClan scent. Ivypool mentions that ShadowClan must have made the kill here. Ivypool goes in one direction to check signs of kittypets or ShadowClan. She returns with no report of either.
- They end up fighting the kittypets and Ivypool darts to slash Scarlet's side, Snowpaw doing the same on the other side. Bramblestar thinks Ivypool taught her apprentice very well. After the battle, ShadowClan is furious and sends the patrol away. Ivypool thinks they should have waited to be asked for help instead of just helping. Back at camp, she and Cinderheart appear from the tunnels with wounds fully treated with marigold and cobwebs. They help explain to Leafpool about the battle and what happened. Later, she and other mentors teach their apprentices a battle move where they roll to their backs and batter their opponents’ hind legs. She is part of a patrol following Millie with fur bristled in frustration, reporting of badger scents. When thinking of the cats he and Squirrelflight rose, Bramblestar remembers how Hollyleaf saved Ivypool by sacrificing herself. When the Clan practises fighting badgers, Ivypool is part of Brackenfur's training group. Ivypool steps forward and tells the apprentices to listen. She explains that the badgers will tear them to pieces if they do not listen. She advises to dig their claws in hard and bite their necks as well as rip their eyelids with their claws.
- Bramblestar is surprised by her low, powerful tone and savage advice. He then remembers that Ivypool was formally training with the Dark Forest, and knows more savage things than any cat can imagine. He thinks of the other former Dark Forest trainees that know this too, and thinks their experience is useful here. Her advice works, and the apprentices end up being more effective and skilled. She nods in approval, remarking that it was much better. During the battle against the badgers, she perches on a back of a badger with Snowpaw, clawing at it vigorously. Ivypool balances on its back and rakes her claws down its eyes. Bramblestar shivers as it’s a move she learned from the Dark Forest. Afterwards, Ivypool is balancing on three legs as she raises her bleeding paw, but it looks like it will heal in time. After the Clan cleans away the mud from the camp, Ivypool mentions that she thought her apprentice was a brown cat. She says that Snowpaw seemed like he was trying to clear out all the mud with his fur. Ivypool is later part of the patrol that will show Stormpaw how they do things. Ivypool beckons the apprentice with her ears, saying that he can put the first scent marker.
In the Power of Three Arc
- Ivykit is born to Birchfall and Whitewing, along with her sister, Dovekit, in the middle of leaf-bare.
- At the end of the book, Ivykit and Dovekit make their first venture out of the nursery with all of the other warriors of ThunderClan watching them. Sandstorm asks what they named them, and Birchfall proudly replies Ivykit and Dovekit. Brightheart comments that they are good names for the two kits. Jayfeather, who is listening to them, realizes that one of the two kits may be the third in the prophecy "There will be three, kin of your kin, who hold the power of the stars in their paws," since Hollyleaf had disappeared, and they are Firestar's kin, the one whom received the prophecy.
In the Omen of the Stars Arc
- Ivykit and Dovekit are in the apprentices' den looking for good spots to build nests, and are called out by Jayfeather, though the kits excitedly explain how they're going to do everything together. Before their apprentice ceremony, the kits' mother, Whitewing, is seen trying to neaten the kits' fur. Dovekit is seen wriggling around with excitement. Ivykit becomes an apprentice, along with her sister, Dovekit, taking the names of Ivypaw and Dovepaw. They seem to get along really well, and want to do everything together. Ivypaw is apprenticed to Cinderheart, while Dovepaw's mentor is Lionblaze. The two newly made mentors take them down to the lake to on a water patrol to gather water for the rest of the Clan. Ivypaw wanders away and investigates a dead fish. Rainstorm, a RiverClan warrior, charges when he sees her but before he can attack, he falls in the mud. After he is rescued, they escort him back to the ThunderClan camp.
- When Dovepaw is praised in front of all of the warriors for her catches, Ivypaw becomes jealous and angry, having only caught a tiny shrew. Later, when Dovepaw tells everyone that it was big brown animals blocking the stream, Ivypaw is again frustrated and believes Dovepaw only wants to be in the center of attention, leaving her sister speechless and depressed. She becomes even more jealous when Dovepaw is chosen to go on a special quest to see what happened to the water. She avoids saying good-bye by pretending to sleep.
- As the day progresses, Ivypaw becomes resentful to her apprentice duties and even kicks a pebble at Mousefur when the elder scolds her, but is rebuked by Cinderheart. Her mentor goes on to tell her that they will be going to practice fighting, but Ivypaw is no happier. Briarpaw volunteers to come along and help her.
- Later, Jayfeather teaches all of the apprentices some basic knowledge of herbs. He explains that dock leaves strengthen pads, and Bumblepaw mentions that they would be good to find on long journeys, which Ivypaw's jealous and angry emotions come towards her, Bumblepaw's remark reminding her of the long journey her sister and her mentor had been chosen to go on.
- A few more days pass, and Lionblaze and Dovepaw finally return home. Dovepaw seeks out her sister, and when she finds Ivypaw, her sister is hanging back, looking shy and nervous. She confesses that she thought Dovepaw wouldn't miss her, but Dovepaw tells her that she did all the time.
- After making a report to Firestar, Ivypaw and Dovepaw head down to the lake to see if it had grown any bigger. Dovepaw steps on the remains of Jayfeather's stick, but she is not hurt. She afterward promises Ivypaw that she will never leave her behind again.
- Ivypaw wakes up one morning due to Dovepaw's dream about Rippletail. She raises her head and anxiously gazes at her sister, asking if she was dreaming. Ivypaw mentions that Dovepaw was also twitching like a mouse. Dovepaw licks Ivypaw's head and reassures her that it was just a bad dream and it was gone. Ivypaw then proceeds to return to her sleep. Later on, Ivypaw bounces up to Dovepaw, complaining that it was so early. However, her eyes are noted to be sparkling with excitement as she tells Dovepaw that the forest smelled great. Taking a deep breath and licking her lips, Ivypaw says that the air tastes of prey.
- Brambleclaw invites her to go on a border patrol with him, Lionblaze, Dovepaw, and Cinderheart. Ivypaw is very eager to go, as she tells Dovepaw that she'll catch the first prey for the day, so the patrol leaves camp. Ivypaw begins happily playing with Dovepaw, successfully tricking her by playing dead. When Dovepaw falls for it, Ivypaw tells her that even Cherrykit wouldn't fall for the trick. They stop when they see how large the lake has grown, and Brambleclaw eventually scolds them for playing like kits, mentioning that he doesn't envy the hunting patrol. Then, Ivypaw steps on the broken remains of Jayfeather's stick and gets a small splinter in her foot. She ends up going to Cinderheart to get taken out and the stick pieces is then thrown into the lake.
- Later on, Cinderheart and Lionblaze are teaching their apprentices how to climb trees, despite the fact that it is raining. They begin to practice hopping from tree to tree, and Ivypaw bets Dovepaw that she can make it back to the hollow without touching the ground, but their competition is cut short when the branch Dovepaw is on suddenly breaks. She plummets to the ground, but isn't hurt at all.
- That night, Dovepaw convinces her sister to sneak into WindClan with her, making it seem like a sort of challenge. Ivypaw is slightly reluctant at first, but then agrees to go with her to WindClan. They make it all the way to WindClan's camp when Ivypaw attempts to stop her, but Dovepaw is determined to see Sedgewhisker and Whitetail. Dovepaw wakes up Sedgewhisker in the warriors' den just before Weaselfur finds them. He sounds the alarm and all of WindClan wakes up. Onestar orders Breezepelt and Heathertail to escort the apprentices home. The two warriors lead them back to the ThunderClan camp and wait while Firestar is woken up by Rosepetal. Firestar speaks briefly with them, putting their punishments into the paws of their mentors. They begin to leave when Firestar stops Dovepaw, asking to talk to her, but not Ivypaw, which makes her feel a bit jealous.
- Both of them are confined to camp for a quarter moon as punishment, but Ivypaw begins to notice that Firestar and the senior warriors are treating Dovepaw differently than her. She even says this to Dovepaw, who dodges her accusations, but Ivypaw seems annoyed at this treatment, and jealous because she feels ignored by her Clan compared to her sister. She gets frustrated when Lionblaze calls Dovepaw away when Dovepaw was grooming her fur.
- That night, Ivypaw has a dream where she visits a meadow, but soon a mysterious brown tom appears. She asks him if it is his meadow, and he says no, but offers to show her some useful hunting techniques. She eagerly learns from him, failing a few times before accomplishing the move. She is proud when the tom congratulates her. He asks about her sister, and Ivypaw replies that Dovepaw is clever and funny, and the bravest cat she knew. They separate soon, and the tom tells her that his name is Hawkfrost.
- Ivypaw wakes up then and finds Dovepaw only just returning home. Cinderheart calls her over, and Ivypaw finds out that Blossompaw, Briarpaw, and Bumblepaw were going to have their assessment, but they would be doing it in pairs. Ivypaw is paired with Blossompaw, who complains that Ivypaw is not a good hunter, and asks if Dovepaw could be her partner instead. The warriors insist that these are the pairings, so Blossompaw angrily tells Ivypaw just to stay out of her way. Hawkfrost then tells her that she is just as good a hunter as Dovepaw, so Ivypaw grows confident and manages to catch a squirrel with the technique Hawkfrost showed her. Blossompaw only manages to catch a blackbird, and is then angry at Ivypaw for showing her up at her own assessment.
- Back at camp, Ivypaw sees Dovepaw and decides to tell her about Hawkfrost. Before Ivypaw has a chance to say who the warrior is, Lionblaze calls Dovepaw away. Ivypaw is secretly angry at Dovepaw and thinks that Dovepaw does not care for her. She asked her if, Lionblaze couldn't manage a few moments without his precious apprentice? After Dovepaw apologetically slips out of the apprentice den. Ivypaw slinks into her nest, hoping Hawkfrost would teach her more hunting moves so her Clan would think she was better than her sister.
- The next time she is seen, Ivypaw is noticeably happier and more cheerful when she joined her Clanmates so they could collect more moss. She acts indifferent about racing Dovepaw in collecting moss. As they begin collecting moss, Ivypaw calls out to Toadstep to watch her as she slid on her belly through the grass. Whitewing sees the two together and orders them to collect moss together. Ivypaw then finds Dovepaw in the middle of an argument with Lionblaze. Having overheard their conversation, Ivypaw asks why Lionblaze thought that Dovepaw would've known something about ShadowClan crossing the borders. When Dovepaw awkwardly dodges the question, Ivypaw demands to know what was so complicated that she couldn't tell her own sister. Ivypaw then says that Dovepaw was jealous of her dream from StarClan, and finally reveals her jealousy of Dovepaw before leaving. Back at camp, Ivypaw refuses to speak to her sister, acting like she wasn't there.
- She later has another dream where she visits Hawkfrost. He asks a few questions before teaching her a new battle move. He instructs her to jab her paws simultaneously on his tendon the back of his joint. Ivypaw quickly gets the move down before Hawkfrost asks about her sister. She gets angry at remembering her, revealing to him that she almost told of their meetings, but wasn't going to now. Hawkfrost agrees with her decision and tells her that Dovepaw isn't her echo- that they didn't have to share everything. Ivypaw wakes up soon, and goes out on a patrol to start a mock battle. The cats split up into two groups to try and reach a piece of territory on the others' side. Ivypaw tries out her new move and it works successfully on Birchfall. The other warriors see her perform it, and they especially Leafpool, become slightly suspicious before getting back to the mock battle. She comforts Bumblestripe when he says that it's not fair that Briarlight can't enjoy being a warrior.
- The next time that they meet, Hawkfrost shows Ivypaw a few of her new Clanmates, but then sets a new challenge for her—to get past a line drawn on the ground. She makes her first attempt, but Hawkfrost holds her off. Before she can try again, Tigerstar appears before them. Tigerstar entices her, saying that he was still loyal to ThunderClan, but that ShadowClan had needed a leader, so he led them. He gives her a quick test, then reveals to her that ShadowClan was going to invade ThunderClan. He tells her that she must convince Firestar to take back the territory that he gave to ShadowClan many moons ago.
- Ivypaw wakes up then, and goes straight to Firestar's den, where he, Brambleclaw, and Graystripe were in the middle of an argument. Ivypaw thinks quickly and then slowly tells all three warriors about a dream she had from StarClan. She tells them she was standing on a strip of ThunderClan territory that had been given to ShadowClan, when she saw a river flowing with ThunderClan blood. She ran back to the hollow, but could only see ShadowClan cats everywhere. She finishes, leaving the three captivated. The three discuss the dream and agree that giving the territory away might have been a sign of weakness, not kindness.
- The next day, a battle is agreed on, and Ivypaw stands very still waiting for ShadowClan, while Dovepaw shakes nervously. Ivypaw is very concerned for her sister, because she knows that her training from Hawkfrost will help her in the battle, but Dovepaw has no such training. Blackstar brings his warriors then and a fight ensues. Ivypaw takes on Ratscar when Blossomfall arrives to help her. Ivypaw then looks around for Dovepaw, knowing she must need help since she wasn't trained by Hawkfrost. She finds her sister then, but starts battling Starlingpaw, before quickly beating him.
- Later, the two are fighting again with Ivypaw steadily pushing back. Tigerheart is about to leap at Ivypaw then, but stops when he realizes who it is. The two exchange a small, distinct nod before returning to the battle, but not battling each other. Dovepaw sees their exchange, wondering if they ever met before, but doesn't have time to worry about it.
- Ivypaw is seen after the battle helping Blossomfall limp back into the forest, despite all of their previous arguments where Blossomfall had stated Dovepaw is better than her, which shows her forgiving nature.
- A short while later, Jayfeather walks in Ivypaw's dreams and sees her in the Dark Forest. Soon, Ivypaw's informal mentor, Hawkfrost, arrives. He scolds her for doing a battle move incorrectly.
- When Jayfeather tells Lionblaze that they had to talk, Dovepaw overhears them, and soon finds out that Ivypaw had been training in the Dark Forest. When Dovepaw and Ivypaw go to practice a hunting move together, Dovepaw asks her if it was true that she was training in the Dark Forest. After hesitating, Ivypaw confesses that she had been. After arguing, Ivypaw bounds away into the bracken, annoyed and a little ashamed.
- Soon afterward, Jayfeather had a vision of Ivypaw walking into camp. Shadows engulf the dens and warriors. Dark Forest cats swarm over the cliffs and begin to attack the Clan, murdering every cat until the camp was covered in crimson blood. The only cat left had been Ivypaw.
- When Ivypaw enters the Dark Forest again, Mapleshade attacked her, and pinned her down. Mapleshade hisses at Ivypaw to show more respect. When Hawkfrost arrives, he tells her to let Ivypaw go. Thistleclaw also appears, and they begin a training session. Shredtail lashes out at Ivypaw's eyes, and she realizes that he could have blinded her. She whimpers in her sleep, and Dovepaw hears her and wakes her up. Her eyes were bruised and swollen. Dovepaw tried to get her to stop going to the Place of No Stars, but Ivypaw refuses, thinking that Tigerstar will make her a great warrior.
- Hawkfrost later takes Ivypaw to practice water moves with Shredtail, Hollowpaw, and Snowtuft. Ivypaw struggles with the water moves, and when she wakes up, Whitewing notices blood in her nest. Ivypaw protests that it was a thorn in her nest, but is taken to see Jayfeather anyway. Ivypaw knows that he'll know where the scratches came from.
- While hunting, Ivypaw tells Dovepaw that she knew she was meeting Tigerheart. She says that she and Tigerheart had also been meeting almost every night in the Dark Forest, and that's why she recognized his scent. Dovepaw doesn't want to believe her sister's words, and runs away.
- When Dovepaw and Tigerheart meet again, Ivypaw appears. She hisses that she "knew it," and that now her suspicions were confirmed. Suddenly, a ShadowClan patrol appear, and although Dovepaw gets a chance to hide, Ivypaw is captured. They take her to the ShadowClan camp, where she is guarded by Starlingpaw. She is pestered by Kinkfur's kits while she stays there.
- Ivypaw comes home with Brambleclaw, Brackenfur, Graystripe, and Squirrelflight. To make up for the herbs that had to be given up in return for her, Ivypaw spends a whole day hunting. She visits the Dark Forest again, and soon hears Tigerheart and Tigerstar talking. As Ivypaw eavesdrops, she realizes that Tigerstar had been lying to her all along, and that he hadn't been trying to help ThunderClan at all. As she tries to escape and wake up, she is confronted by Mapleshade, who wants Ivypaw to demonstrate her new water techniques. After nearly drowning, Ivypaw sneaks away from Mapleshade and wakes up in the apprentice's den. She, Dovepaw, Lionblaze, and Jayfeather go out into the forest together. Ivypaw tells all of them that Tigerstar had been lying to her all along, and that she never wanted to return to the Dark Forest. Jayfeather and Lionblaze convince her to keep visiting the Dark Forest, so she could spy on them. She is reluctant to do so at first, but in the end, Ivypaw agrees. Soon afterward, Dovepaw tells Ivypaw about her powers. At first, Ivypaw is upset that Dovepaw hadn't told her before, but promises to help her prevent the Dark Forest from defeating the Clans.
- Ivypaw returns to the Dark Forest that night. Tigerstar takes her to a Dark Forest meeting, where she sits with some other Dark Forest trainees, saying that the time for the battle was close. She realizes, to her horror, that the other apprentices were actually eager for the battle.
- Brokenstar calls Ivypaw away, and tells her that he had a mission for her. He has Ivypaw show him her climbing skills and attack lunge, and then Brokenstar tells her that she had one more task to complete before she could fight with her "Clanmates." Flametail emerges from the ferns, having gotten lost and wound up in the Dark Forest. Brokenstar commands Ivypaw to kill him, but she protests, saying that Flametail had already died. Brokenstar tells her that all cats either faded away in the end, after they had died, unless another cat killed them first. Brokenstar challenges her loyalty to the Dark Forest. Knowing she had to kill him and prove her loyalty or die and not be able to warn the Clans of Tigerstar's treachery, Ivypaw lunges at Flametail, but Tigerheart suddenly appears, knocking her away, refusing to let her destroy what was left of his brother. Tigerstar appears, and tells Brokenstar to leave Flametail alone, as he could only mix herbs. Tigerstar says that he believed that Ivypaw was truly loyal to the Place of No Stars, and when the final battle came, she'd stand with them.
- Ivypaw is seen taking her assessment with her sister, Dovepaw. During the partner training assessment, Ivypaw tells Dovepaw that her partner was Hazeltail and that they caught several mice together. When Dovepaw seems to be afraid that she won't pass, since she hadn't caught anything, Ivypaw tells her that Firestar will make her a warrior no matter what, since he knew that she was special. Dovepaw replies that she wants to be judged normally like a regular cat. When Firestar asks Cinderheart about how Ivypaw did, she answers that Ivypaw didn't do that well on catching prey by herself, but was a great fighter and worked well with Hazeltail during the partner training assessment. They both pass their assessments and earn their warrior names, Ivypool and Dovewing. After their vigil, Dovewing tells Ivypool not to go to the Dark Forest, because she fears that Ivypool will get hurt, but Ivypool has no choice, because she can't control her dreams, and goes directly to the Dark Forest whenever she falls asleep.
- In the Dark Forest, she trains with Thistleclaw and Antpelt. Antpelt hesitates during training when she slips and falls, but ends up being attacked by Thistleclaw, who sees his act of kindness as a show of cowardice. Ivypool is shocked at this, and hates the Dark Forest even more. He is wounded badly but she secretly begs him to wake up, and he vanishes with a moan. She wants to help him, but Thistleclaw says that he was a coward and should have been beaten. After he has left, she beats Thistleclaw, but he argued that he was the one that won. Mapleshade, who had been lurking in the shadows tells him that Ivypool was the one that won, and tells Thistleclaw that he was the one who was cheating and should admit that he lost. Mapleshade tells Ivypool that she believes in her loyalty, making Ivypool relieved that her position as a spy was not revealed. Ivypool asks her when the battle will be, but Mapleshade doesn't know, replying that it will be some time soon.
- When Tigerheart and Ivypool see each other again in the Dark Forest, Tigerheart tells her to stop hiding from him, and just admit that what she was going to do to Flametail was wrong. Whenever he and Ivypool meet, he is constantly blaming her and showing aggression towards her for attempting to kill Flametail's soul in the previous book. At the Gathering, she doesn't go, but Dovewing does, and Tigerheart tells Dovewing that Ivypool isn't the cat Dovewing thinks she is.
- When Ivypool goes to the Dark Forest again, Blossomfall is introduced as a new Dark Forest apprentice, along with Hollowpaw. When the other Dark Forest trainees are ordered to attack her, Ivypool can't help but defend her Clanmate, and comes up with a reasonable excuse for her actions, saying that the Dark Forest cats were all Clanmates, and that it wouldn't make sense to have a new apprentice in the Dark Forest fatally injured on her first visit. It is later revealed that Blossomfall was won over by the Dark Forest in a similar way to Ivypool, being jealous of the amount of attention her sister, Briarlight, is getting from her mother. Ivypool is asked to train Hollowpaw, who is eager to teach bullying apprentices a lesson, but she asks him to keep his claws sheathed during the training bout. In the waking world, Ivypool attempts to ask Blossomfall about the Dark Forest, but she refuses to speak about it. Ivypool is tempted to warn her but would risk her position as a spy, and decides against it.
- Then, she and Blossomfall explore the tunnels. They both get trapped underneath. Blossomfall claims that no one will find them there, but then Ivypool spots footprints and asks who made those. Blossomfall thinks she will die, and asks Ivypool if she thinks Millie would care if she found out about her dying. Ivypool is shocked and replies that Millie would definitely care and that Millie loves Blossomfall just as much as Briarlight. Deeper down the tunnels, they meet an unknown cat and they ask the cat where the exit is. The cat refuses to show them at first, but then realizes that they don't belong there, and he explains the way out. As they are trying to find the exit, they get lost and they hope to find the ginger tom again, but he is gone. They then meet Hollyleaf.
- When they get back to camp, Thornclaw snaps at them and Millie snaps at Blossomfall, saying that she should be more careful. Ivypool says that Millie doesn't mean it, but Blossomfall doesn't believe it. Brackenfur says that its okay, and the important thing is that they're safe. She is seen again when Firestar decides to have the ThunderClan cats train in the nighttime, and is with Sorreltail's patrol, including Lionblaze and Berrynose. They are fighting against Brackenfur's patrol, which consists of Thornclaw, Bumblestripe, and Birchfall. Both patrols are trying to seize control of the old Twoleg nest and stop the other patrol from taking it. When Lionblaze asks if any ThunderClan warriors are training in the Dark Forest, she lies by saying that the cats in the Dark Forest keep recruits away from each other.
- Sorreltail seems to know exactly what Brackenfur thinks and chooses to have their patrol split up, with her and Berrynose guarding the Twoleg nest, and Ivypool and Lionblaze keeping the other patrol out. Lionblaze notes that Ivypool seems extremely comfortable in the dark, and she seems to be sure-footed and slipping through the undergrowth silently like a shadow. Ivypool creates a plan to help their patrol win. She and Lionblaze are positioned on opposite sides of the other patrol, and they wait for the first three cats to go into the undergrowth. Then, when Brackenfur, the leader of the other patrol, comes last, they leap, and capture him as their prisoner. The other cats of Brackenfur's patrol can't help, as Ivypool had already planned that they would get stuck in the undergrowth since it was so dark. Lionblaze thinks that the Dark Forest's training had helped her fight against Brackenfur's patrol, and work well in the darkness.
- When they are congratulated by Sorreltail, Lionblaze tells her that it was all Ivypool's work, and not his own, that had allowed their patrol to win.
- Dovewing and her sister, Ivypool, have difficulties sleeping. While Ivypool is still training in the Dark Forest, Dovewing constantly has night terrors of Swoop being carried off by the eagle. Her mother, Whitewing, tries comforting her kits, and excuses them from Brambleclaw's orders. Whitewing asks her kits what is wrong, and while Ivypool doesn't want to tell her about the Dark Forest, Dovewing tells her about the nightmares.
- Later, in the Dark Forest, Ivypool asks to become a full warrior and be a part of the front line when it comes to the final battle and not at the back where the cowards hide. Hawkfrost is impressed with her bold request, and after some conversation, she is told that she must defeat Antpelt in battle. She succeeds and kills Antpelt again making him fade into nothing. When she wakes up exhausted, Dovewing asks her what happened. Ivypool explains that she is a full warrior there now and must train the apprentices.
- She later enters the tunnels with Dovewing, due to their suspicion that Sol is plotting an attacking against WindClan. Ivypool is a little scared, but then she reassures herself that Dovewing will bring them out safely with her special senses. As they venture deeper, guided by Dovewing, they spot some WindClan cats discussing about attacking ThunderClan. Ivypool leans forwards to listen, but then accidentaly makes a pebble slip and fall onto the floor. Owlwhisker hears it and asks who is there, and concludes that same cat must be spying on them. Ivypool becomes scared as the WindClan cats approach, and begs Dovewing to get them out of here, however Dovewing declines, saying that she wasn't sure of the way out. Suddenly, a mysterious cat comes up to them, and offers to show them the way out. Ivypool is suspicious, and demands why they should trust this stranger, the cat reveals herself to be Hollyleaf of ThunderClan, and to have been the one to guide Ivypool and Blossomfall out the first time they entered. Hollyleaf leads them out before the WindClan cats can approach, and Ivypool thanks her. Hollyleaf tells the two cats that Sol has been planning to attack ThunderClan for the past moon, and that they should never have trusted him. When ThunderClan cats approach, Hollyleaf is frantic, begging the two she-cats to not tell anyone that they saw her.
- When she is on a border patrol, a ShadowClan patrol meets them there. Dawnpelt is furious with the ThunderClan cats and threatens them, but Ivypool doesn't take her seriously. Redwillow sticks up for the rival Clan, since he trains with Ivypool in the Dark Forest, and nods to her. Hollyleaf notices this and Ivypool wonders how she knows. She accuses Ivypool of being too close to a ShadowClan cat, and Ivypool is horrified of where Hollyleaf's suspicions were heading. Ivypool tries to defend herself, but Hollyleaf ignores her and continues believing what she had saw.
- Later, after Hollyleaf reveals herself to have murdered Ashfur, Ivypool is seen to be shocked, like everyone else. Dovewing asks her if she had seen Ashfur in the Dark Forest, and Ivypool admits that she never saw him there. Dovewing concludes that he might've went to StarClan because of how terribly he had died.
- When Breezepelt attacks Dovewing, Ivypool leaps at the tom, driving him away easily. Dovewing comments on what a good fighter she is.
- When Ivypool is in the Dark Forest, she scents blood and stiffens as she remembers the death of Antpelt. It is noted that she had been forced to kill Antpelt to prove her loyalty to Tigerstar, and that she had earned the honor of training Dark Forest warriors. Ivypool notes that she would never wash Antpelt's blood scent off her paws. As Birchfall lunges toward Redwillow, Ivypool yowls for them to stop. Her father stares at her, asking what was wrong. Ivypool responds that she could smell blood and didn't want any injuries. Redwillow shows Ivypool his nicked ear, but Ivypool cautions him to be careful anyway. Hawkfrost hears them and snarls that there was a war coming and it wouldn't be won with sheathed claws.
- He says that he thought Ivypool was training the recruits to be real warriors, not soft Clan cats. After lecturing the cats he orders Birchfall to attack Redwillow again and not to stop at the first scent of blood. Ivypool is terrified she had given away that she was a spy for Dovewing, Jayfeather, and Lionblaze. She shows Birchfall how to attack, making it seem as if she had made it more painful for Redwillow then she really did. When Blossomfall and Hollowflight want to fight Dark Forest warriors Ivypool asks if there are any other Dark Forest warriors around, hoping there were not any. When Hawkfrost replies there were, Ivypool notes that the shrieks of fighting cats had become like a birdsong to her. She then asks how come they were not training with Dark Forest warriors.
- Hawkfrost then told them he wanted them to learn how the other Clans fight, because they might be fighting together one day. Ivypool notes that is a lie. Hawkfrost continued that they needed to know their allies move, claw for claw. Tigerstar pads out and tells them that four Clans will unite as one when it matters most. After Birchfall repeats this, Blossomfall asks when that would be. Mapleshade creeps out of the bushes and tells her she would know when the time came. Ivypool notes that Mapleshade was fading and remembers that she too would fade from memory. Blossomfall asks Tigerstar if they were training for something special. Ivypool tells her that they were not training for something special yet but you never knew. Applefur comments that next time a rogue like Sol tried to invade the Clans she would stand with ThunderClan not against them. Ivypool sees that the Dark Forest visitors think that their loyalty to the Clans was being strengthened. She wonders if these cats will be loyal to the Dark Forest in the end or the Clans. Tigerstar orders that every cat must go back to their nest.
- She finds out the Dark Forest warriors are having a meeting. She asks to join, but Mapleshade tells her that as long as she had the scent of living prey on her jaws, she couldn't come. Ivypool tries to convince Hawkfrost but he tells her no. Ivypool listens in on their conversation and hears them drawing a map. Before she can look Dovewing wakes her.
- Birchfall tells her to come on his patrol with Mousewhisker, she follows him outside of camp. He then tells her that they are meeting Furzepelt, Sunstrike, and Larkwing on the border for day-light training. Ivypool waits until they are out of sight before finding Foxleap and telling him that WindClan was invading. When Foxleap's patrol arrives, he glances at her when WindClan defends themselves because she was the one to tell him that they were invading.
- Brambleclaw tells her to train Cherrypaw and Molepaw with Dovewing, Ivypool notes that Dovewing looks tired and asks her why she is tired that morning. She asks a second time and gets the same answer. She goes on a patrol with Lionblaze and they exchange glances when they find out Thornclaw has joined the Dark Forest.
- She reveals to the Clans that she was a spy and Birchfall looks surprised at her before marching off to join the Dark Forest army. Ivypool finds Birchfall, Mousewhisker, and Blossomfall hiding under a bush during the battle and persuades them to come out and protect the Clans. Ivypool then tells them that they need to find Applefur and Breezepelt. When they find Breezepelt, he is seen to be attacking his own clanmates, Ivypool stops him, and Breezepelt asks if she was crazy, Thistleclaw suddenly looms over her, snarling that she was a traitor. Ivypool is furious, she retorts that she is no traitor, and that she only came to the Dark Forest to find out what they were planning. Ivypool is attacked by Snowtuft and Thistleclaw while Hawkfrost is temporarily distracted. The furious Dark Forest warriors try to kill her, slowly and painfully for her treason, and slice both of her ears.
- When Ivypool is being attacked by Thistleclaw, Snowtuft and Hawkfrost, Hollyleaf jumps between the three cats and Ivypool, which ends in Hollyleaf being injured, having her throat sliced open. With the help of Tigerheart, Ivypool brings the injured Hollyleaf back to the ThunderClan camp, but Hollyleaf dies soon after from the fatal wound. Ivypool is seen screeching at Jayfeather to save Hollyleaf.
- When the battle ends, Hawkfrost is seen staggering into the camp, and Ivypool flies at him, screeching that he was Hollyleaf's murderer. Hawkfrost throws her off with a grunt, and pins her to the floor, telling her that she was a traitor and that she deserved to die. Brambleclaw hurls himself at Hawkfrost and kills him.
In the A Vision of Shadows Arc
- Alderkit watches as Ivypool returns from a hunting patrol with Lionblaze and Blossomfall. Alderkit notes to himself that she would be an okay mentor. He also thinks that she's friendly and and a good hunter.
- Later when Alderpaw, Sparkpaw, Molewhisker, and Cherryfall are returning to camp from a hunting lesson; Ivypool, Birchfall, and Sorrelstripe join them. They have also been hunting, and are heading for camp, carrying prey. Cherryfall compliments the other patrol on how well their hunting is going, and Ivypool replies that it looks like their hunting is going well too. Cherryfall informs her that all of the prey was caught by Sparkpaw. Soon, both patrols return back to camp.
- When Alderpaw and Cherryfall arrive to help Sparkpaw, who was hurt badly, Ivypool encourages her to drink from some soaked moss, and Hollytuft crouches beside her, gently stroking her shoulder. Cherryfall tells Alderpaw that Sparkpaw fell out of a tree and hurt her foreleg. Alderpaw realizes that the leg is dislocated and announces that he knows what to do. Ivypool whispers to Hollytuft, wondering if he really knows what he is doing. Alderpaw instructs Ivypool and the two other warriors into positions around Sparkpaw as he quickly forces the leg into the socket. Ivypool and Hollytuft gasp. When Sparkpaw confirms that Alderpaw has fixed her leg, Hollytuft and Ivypool are impressed and congratulate him.
- Ivypool goes hunting with Fernsong, the silver-and-white warrior commenting that they need to catch a shrew because she promised to get one for Graystripe. While the two are out hunting, Darktail and his rogues attack a WindClan patrol on ThunderClan's territory. Dovewing worries for her sister's safety, but Cherryfall reminds her that Ivypool had survived the Dark Forest, and thus should be far more than able to handle a few rogues.
- Moons later, Ivypool receives Twigpaw as her apprentice. A half-moon into Twigpaw's training, Ivypool takes her apprentice out for a hunting lesson. The young gray she-cat, although making a good pounce, slips and falls when she lands. Nonetheless, Ivypool encourages her apprentice, praising her for her excellent concentration and how fast she learns. Twigpaw asks if she learns as fast as Larkpaw, who has already become a good hunter. Ivypool reminds her that it's not a competition, and that she must learn at her own speed. Twigpaw, however, replies that she has to be special and to be the best, as she believes ThunderClan is only keeping her there due to her supposed connections to the prophecy.
- Ivypool gazes sympathetically at her, realizing that the apprentice has never felt as if she is truly part of the Clan. The silver tabby-and-white cat adds that although Twigpaw is as loyal as any Clanborn cat, it must be hard for her to grow up away from her kin. Ivypool states that Lilyheart is proud of her, and assures her that her real mother would be as well. She finishes that it is a shame that she was never found by Squirrelflight's patrol. Twigpaw, who hadn't heard about the supposed search for her mother, is confused, and asks if any trace was found of her. Ivypool replies that she isn't sure, because no one really talked about it after it happened.
- A half-moon later, on the way back from a Gathering, the silver-and-white warrior asks her apprentice why she has been having such a hard time focusing on her training lately. The gray she-cat explains how she had been wondering about her mother after the discussion about the patrol, a concern which Ivypool understands. The warrior responds that every cat needs kin, and that although she hopes that one day the Clan will feel like kin to Twigpaw, she understands why the young cat needs to find out about her mother. Ivypool goes to Bramblestar and persuades him to let her take Twigpaw to search for her mother.
- Early the next morning, the two she-cats, accompanied by Fernsong and Alderpaw, prepare to set off on their journey. The other warriors are skeptical of the quest, but Ivypool defends it and argues that it is still worth a try, however small the chance of success may be. As the patrol prepares to leave, Ivypool seems pleased that Fernsong is going along and the two warriors tease each other in a friendly way. They lead the way out of the camp together, their pelts brushing. The next day, the patrol of four cats reaches the Thunderpath where Alderpaw first found Twigpaw and Violetpaw. Ivypool is nervous about going down into the valley with the Thunderpath. The she-cat frets that the monsters might leave the path, but Fernsong assures her that won't. The ThunderClan cats enter the ditch where the two young kits nest was but fail to find any traces of Twigpaw's mother. Ivypool, although sympathetic, reminds Twigpaw that she probably won't find any, and the four ThunderClan cats end up heading home unsuccessful.
- When they arrive back at home in ThunderClan, Twigpaw goes that night to see her sister Violetpaw and inform her that she believes that their mother is dead. The next morning, Ivypool goes to Twigpaw's nest to fetch her for the dawn patrol, but she can't find the young cat anywhere. After searching all around the camp, she questions Alderpaw to see if he has seen her, but he hasn't. The ginger tom points out that she's probably gone for a walk to think about things. Ivypool, although more worried than annoyed, snaps that she's supposed to be on the dawn patrol and that she can think later. The silver-and-white cat frets that Twigpaw might be attacked by a fox while out in the forest. She adds that she should have kept a closer eye on her apprentice since she was upset after the journey. Ivypool and Alderpaw go to report Twigpaw missing to Bramblestar and Squirrelflight. After establishing that Twigpaw has left of her own free will, Squirrelflight irritably says that she's probably walking through the woods feeling sorry for herself. Bristling, Ivypool defends Twigpaw, asking if the deputy had not done the same when she was young. Squirrelflight then takes a more sympathetic attitude towards the gray she-cat, and sends out search patrols to look for her. She sends Ivypool, along with Stormcloud and Hollytuft, to search the ShaowClan border.
- After Darktail and his rogues take over ShadowClan, Twigpaw worries for Violetpaw's safety. Ivypool decides to accompany her apprentice to ShadowClan to check on her sister. As they walk to the border, Ivypool says that she hopes the ShadowClan cats at their camp they leave soon, Tigerheart especially. She reveals the secret that her sister Dovewing had a relationship in the past with Tigerheart even though they were in different Clans, and that she was worried that something might start up again now that they were living near each other.
- At the border, Ivypool and Twigpaw meet Needletail and Rain. Ivypool apologizes for bothering them, but explains that Twigpaw has been frantic about her sister and that she needs to meet with Violetpaw to see that she is okay. Rain questions if Ivypool is her mentor, to which the ThunderClan warrior replies in the affirmative. The gray rogue, scowling, says she should have told Twigpaw not to come. Ivypool replies that it would be like telling the wind not to blow, and that there are some things that just cannot be argued with.
- Rain stays to guard Ivypool and Twigpaw while Needletail runs to fetch Violetpaw. Rain, trying to annoy the ThunderClan cats, asks if ShadowClan was missed at the Gathering. Ivypool, pelt ruffled, asks why they should miss rogues. Rain claims that they are not rogues anymore, but Clan cats. Ivypool asserts that they are still rogues regardless of whether they had control over ShadowClan's camp. Needletail brings the black-and-white she-cat to see Twigpaw. After a brief conversation with Violetpaw, Twigpaw turns back to Ivypool, who asks her if she's okay. The gray she-cat begins to reply, but Needletail interrupts her by slicing at her ears, ordering her to leave. Ivypool is furious at seeing her apprentice attacked, and hurls herself at the rogue she-cat, dragging her to the ground and pummeling her. Needletail wriggles free and glowers at the ThunderClan warrior, Rain beside her. Not wanting the encounter to end in a fight, Ivypool and Twigpaw flee back towards ThunderClan.
- Ivypool reassures Twigpaw that she'll be alright during the battle. After this, back at ThunderClan camp, she vehemently disagrees with sending out Dovewing and Tigerheart to the barn, which shocks Twigpaw and Dovewing. After Twigpaw disappears, Ivypool blames herself.
- In the special short story in Dovewing's perspective, Ivypool apologizes for disagreeing with sending a search party out, but does not tell Dovewing why.
- More Coming Soon
In the Field Guide Arc
- After Bumblepaw learns the Lightning Strike technique, he is eager to show Ivypaw, and her sister, Dovepaw. He has them pretend to be invaders, as he shows them how to stalk low, then quickly pounce. Dovepaw seems startled by the attack, but Ivypaw isn't impressed, and asks why it is such a great tactic when Bumblepaw doesn't even touch her. He tells her he was holding back because it was just a demonstration and he didn't want to actually hurt her, but that he could easily beat her in a fight if he wanted to.
- She is still skeptical of how it is such a special tactic until Bumblepaw explains how in a real battle, he would then have retreated, then after a few moments, struck again, just as the enemy would have thought that he'd given up. Bumblepaw then claims excitedly that ThunderClan would soon be known as LightningClan.
- It is mentioned on Brightheart and Cloudtail's page that their kit Whitewing, gave birth to Dovewing and Ivypool, who both played a critical part in saving the Clans from the Dark Forest.
- Ivypool has her own page. Ivypool is Dovewing's only littermate and the sisters were closer than hairs on a vole’s pelt. Their path began to diverge when Dovepaw left to bring back the lake. When she returned, Dovepaw had the connection with cats that stretched the limits of the warrior code. Feeling unwanted and left out, Ivypaw trained hard, even though Dovepaw always seemed to hear and see things faster than anyone, On the occasion when Ivypaw makes the first catch, she knew Dovepaw let her. When Hawkfrost visited Ivypaw in a dream and offered to train her to be a better warrior, Ivypaw immediately accepted. Hawkfrost led her on nightly visits into the Dark Forest, where cats from other clans trained harder than the clans ever did. Ivypaw shone and she began training apprentices of her own. When Tigerstar showed the true purpose of training cats, Ivypool swore to never return. Unknown to Ivypool, Jayfeather followed her in a dream and discovered her involvement. He asked Ivypool to spy on the Dark Forest and Ivypool agreed. Despite suspicion from older cats, Ivypool maintained the illusion of loyalty right up to the final battle, where she fought cats she knew would kill her with no hesitation. She was cornered by Hawkfrost, hissing vengeance, but Hollyleaf lept forward, taking Hawkfrost's killing blow and saving Ivypool's life.
- It is mentioned on Sol's page that Dovewing and Ivypool overheard Sol's plot to put ThunderClan and WindClan against each other.
In the Novellas
- When Hollyleaf decides to watch her old Clan for a while, she notices Brambleclaw, who sends Lionblaze, Cinderheart, and their apprentices, Dovepaw and Ivypaw, on a border patrol around the top of the hollow. Hollyleaf reflects upon when she left ThunderClan, saying that the apprentice and her sister were only young kits when she left, and she is amazed at how they've grown. While on patrol, Ivypaw is sniffing everything possible, to check for foxes.
- She is seen later on, after gaining her warrior name, Ivypool. Her and Blossomfall, one of Graystripe's kits, made their way down into the tunnels. After getting help from Fallen Leaves, whose name Ivypool forgets to ask, and regrets it, Hollyleaf continues to lead the two ThunderClan cats out of the tunnels, only talking briefly. After they make it to the entrance, Ivypool thanks Hollyleaf for leading them out of the tunnels.
- Ivypool is seen yet again in the tunnels, this time with her sister, Dovewing. The two siblings are spying on WindClan cats that had made their way into the tunnels, lead by Sol. They planned on launching an attack on WindClan, although not known to all of their Clanmates. As Hollyleaf attempts to help them escape the tunnels so they are not caught, Ivypool and Dovewing show distrust for the cat who is trying to help them, and Ivypool even asks if she is on WindClan's side. Hollyleaf, annoyed by this, reveals who she is to the young ThunderClan warriors, and leads them out of the tunnels.
- The Great Battle is over, but there are many deceased. Ivypool picks leaf scraps from Hollyleaf's fur. She reminds Dovewing that Hollyleaf died saving her, she gave her life for Ivypool's. Dovewing hears the tremor in Ivypool's meow and reassures Hollyleaf will never regret what she did. She asks her sister if she is alright, and Dovewing says she is fine. Ivypool stays with Hollyleaf's body throughout the vigil, cleaning the soft fur on the shoulder. When Birchfall is turned away from helping to bury his mother, Ivypool tells her sister to not intervene and help her with Hollyleaf first.
- They carry her body with Poppyfrost and Cloudtail. Dovewing asks Ivypool if they should get their father, but Ivypool says he knows he isn’t welcome. He fought for the Dark Forest, as well as Thornclaw, Mousewhisker and Blossomfall. They are traitors and so is she, to some of her Clanmates. Dovewing protests that they switched allegiance thanks to Ivypool. Ivypool bends her head and says they are not easily forgiven especially when they lost so many cats. Ivypool shudders as she says Hollyleaf died saving her from Hawkfrost, maybe it should be her lying there. Dovewing wraps her tail around Ivypool’s flank and tells her to never say that, Hollyleaf died a true warrior.
- They choose a spot to bury Hollyleaf, and scoop up the earth. Ivypool keeps flicking bits of dirt to Dovewing from her paws, but they finish and bury Hollyleaf. Two sunrises later, Ivypool joins the former Dark Forest trainees behind the elders’ den, and Dovewing wonders that she is being treated differently by cats that saw her challenge Hawkfrost. When Blackstar and Bramblestar organise a meeting with the other leaders on what to do with the former Dark Forest trainees, Dovewing says Ivypool could be in trouble just for believing lies that she was told by the Dark Forest. Dovewing looks at Ivypool, who is searching for clean moss from the nursery. Dovewing decides not to tell her about the problem with her powers. On the way to the meeting, Dovewing stays close to Ivypool, silently trying to comfort her. Ivypool is walking with head high and tail kinked over her back, but is scared at what will happen. During the meeting, Dovewing urges Ivypool to tell why she was recruited. Bramblestar overhears and calls Ivypool forward. Daunted, Ivypool explains that it wasn’t because they disliked their Clanmates, or rejected the warrior code. They thought they would learn more that would help their Clan. The Dark Forest walked in their dreams and used personal reasons to offer training. Ivypool looks at Dovewing, hinting that Dovewing was her personal reason.
- Ivypool continues, explaining Hawkfrost approached her and made her believe the best thing for her Clan was to train in the Dark Forest. She would be braver, skilled fighter and even more loyal. Hawkfrost made her feel important, but Ivypool overheard plans to attack the Clans, so she became a spy. She reported everything about the Dark Forest and knew others were being trained, but could not reveal that she was spying yet. When the battle came, she told the truth and lead the former trainees to fight against the dark mentors. Blackstar states that she has spoken well, but asks how being loyal to the Clan is attacking their own Clanmates. Ivypool insists they were promised a better way to serve.
- Mistystar says she believes Ivypool, and thanks her for speaking. The leaders agree that the former Dark Forest trainees will swear an oath of loyalty in front of their Clan, and Dovewing is happy that Ivypool will be accepted back into the Clan. They head back to camp to do this and Ivypool, along with the other former trainees are nervous, all tails down with tension. Bramblestar recited the oath, and Dovewing is angry that her sister has to even though she has shown her loyalty over and over again. They recite a little clumsy and uncomfortably, but finish. Some of their Clanmates still distrust them though.
- Ivypool notices Dovewing going on patrol with Lionblaze and Cinderheart so asks to join as the wind is bitter and she would like to warm up. Dovewing agrees that she could. Ivypool catches a squirrel, and asks how Dovewing could not see it as it was coming down the tree. Dovewing says she was following a mousetrial. Ivypool scrapes mulch over her catch and tells her to go and get it then, but with a note of tension. Dovewing wonders if she's figured out that she has lost her powers.
- Days later, Dovewing comments that it's nice that Berrynose and Poppyfrost are keeping Purdy company in the elders' den. Ivypool narrows her eyes and points out that their nests are close to the former Dark Forest trainees, they might be trying to get away from them. Dovewing is surprised, asking that they should have been forgiven by now. Ivypool growls that some cats have not, and states that Dustpelt would rather wait until the fresh-kill pile has lost the best prey than go the same time as one of the former Dark Forest trainees. Ivypool pads away with her tail leaving a trail in the grass. After it’s decided that Briarlight is moving to the warriors’ den, Ivypool goes on the patrol that will bring the softest moss and feathers for her nest.
- Dovewing invites Ivypool, Thornclaw, Birchfall, Mousewhisker and Blossomfall for patrol, thinking she will not let her Clanmates shun them for their mistakes. Ivypool joins the others with gratitude in her eyes. Ivypool catches a thrush almost immediately and covers it in leaf mulch. Suddenly, Molepaw and Cherrypaw burst out of the undergrowth and explain that there is fox scent. They go to warn Bramblestar while Ivypool's patrol goes to find the fox. While they run to find it, Ivypool asks her sister if she is alright. Dovewing wants to stop and listen for the fox. Ivypool asks if she is sure, and Dovewing insists. They listen and hear the fox's cries.
- They race to find the fox’s tail caught in a fox trap. Despite the crazed fox, Ivypool creeps around the clearing towards it. Dovewing yells for her sister to stop, but Ivypool ignores her. The fox lunges at Ivypool and the patrol attacks. Ivypool darts under the fox’s belly and grabs Thornclaw’s scruff after he is knocked to the ground, and drags him to safety. Thornclaw quickly recovers, and both cats jump back into battle with all teeth and claws and battle yowls. She attacks the fox beside Blossomfall, matching blow to blow due to their ruthless training together. The patrol defeats and kills the fox.
- Bramblestar's patrol arrives and they all realize the apprentices’ deliberately sent them into danger. Bramblestar takes them all back and calls for the former Dark Forest trainees forward. They all limp forward with Ivypool having a forming scab above her eye. Bramblestar convinces the Clan that these cats are heroes, and Molepaw and Cherrypaw apologize to them.
- She has kittypet blood through Cloudtail, and WindClan blood through Windflight.
- Ivypool was named after Vicky's friend's daughter, Ivy Poole.
- The topic of whether or not Ivypool would get a mate after The Last Hope has been addressed multiple times. Both Kate and Vicky believe that she will. Foxleap was a possible choice for this, although he was killed in Dovewing's Silence.
- Kate has also said that Ivypool's mate should be "a nice reliable cat because [she] can wander off the straight and narrow from time to time but he would love her dearly."
- Ivypool will go to StarClan when she dies.
- Hawkfrost and Ivypool did not ever love each other.
- Ivypool's description has had multiple errors. In addition to accidentally being mentioned with green eyes, she has been called a white tabby, black-furred, gray-and-white, and silver-white.
Please do not edit this gallery
- Princess: Deceased, No Residence
- Brindleface: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Frostfur: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Oliver: Living (As of Firestar's Quest)
- Whitestorm: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Lionheart: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Jake:Deceased, Residence Unknown
- Fuzzypelt: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Thistleclaw: Deceased, Verified Place of No Stars member
- Nutmeg: Living (As of Fire and Ice)
- Robinwing: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Speckletail: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Snowfur: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Harepounce: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Moonflower: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Poppydawn: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Smallear: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Stormtail: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Windflight: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Weedwhisker: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Rooktail: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Eaglestorm: Status Unknown
- Fallowsong: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Daisytoe: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Squirrelwhisker: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Spiderleg: Deceased, Residence Unknown
- Shrewpaw: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Foxleap: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Snowbush: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Dewnose: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Hollykit: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Larchkit: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Icecloud: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Ambermoon: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Brackenfur: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Thornclaw: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Ashfur: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Elderkit: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Tulipkit:  Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Chestnutkit: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Ravenpaw: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Taylor: Living (As of Fire and Ice)
- Zack: Living (As of Fire and Ice)
- Cinderpelt: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Cherrypaw  Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Nami: Living (As of Fire and Ice)
- Livy: Living (As of Fire and Ice)
- Sandstorm: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Sorreltail: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Goldenflower: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Mistlekit: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Luna: Living (As of Fire and Ice)
- Firestar: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Tommy: Living (As of Fire and Ice)
- Filou: Living (As of Fire and Ice)
- Snowkit: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- One-eye: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Bluestar: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Rosetail: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Sweetpaw: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Tawnyspots: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Thrushpelt: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Rabbitleap: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Heronwing: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Goosefeather: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Sweetbriar: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Flashnose: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Leafpool: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Squirrelflight: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Honeyfern: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Cinderheart: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Poppyfrost: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Molepaw: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Lilyheart: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Seedpaw: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Jayfeather: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Lionblaze: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Hollyleaf: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Toadstep: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Rosepetal: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Molewhisker: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Cherryfall: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Fernsong: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Hollytuft: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Sorrelstripe: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Sparkpelt: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Alderheart: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Dandelionkit: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Juniperkit: Deceased, Verified StarClan Member
- Leafshade: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Honeyfur: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- [[Larksong (SS)|Larksong]: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Bramblestar: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Tawnypelt: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Swiftpaw: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Lynxkit: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Dawnpelt: Status Unknown
- Tigerheart: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Flametail: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Strikestone: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Sleekwhisker: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Juniperclaw: Living (As of Shattered Sky)
- Runningwind: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Mousefur: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
= Gender Unknown
- "The first time I met Hawkfrost, it wasn't in the Place of No Stars; it was in a field with flowers and sunshine and stuff like that. He... he flattered me; he seemed interested in what I could do, not what my sister could do. No cat has ever treated me like that in this Clan. I'm just your shadow here."
- —Ivypaw to Dovepaw Night Whispers, page 271
- "I believe that Ivypaw is loyal to the Place of No Stars. When the final battle comes, she will stand with us."
- —Tigerstar to Brokenstar Night Whispers, page 295
- Brokenstar: "Just what do you think you're doing? What gives you the right to interfere?"
- Ivypool: "We're loyal to one another, right? Should we stand by like cowards and let one another be defeated in battle?"
- Sign of the Moon, page 133 and 134
- "I don't know why Hawkfrost chose you. I think your loyalties will always be with your Clanmates beside the lake. Which makes you dangerous."
- —Brokenstar to Ivypaw Night Whispers, page 293
- "You have to defend the Clan! Isn't death better than having Brokenstar as your leader?"
- —Ivypool convincing Applefur to fight on the Clans' side The Last Hope, page 290
- "Run, because if you stay, I will kill you."
- —Ivypool threatening Thistleclaw The Last Hope, page 295
- Ivypool: "Our father isn’t here because he knows he wouldn’t be welcome. Every cat knows that Birchfall fought on the side of the Dark Forest. Same for Thornclaw, Mousewhisker and Blossomfall. They are traitors. As am I, to some of our Clanmates."
- Dovewing: "That’s so unfair! All of those cats switched allegiance thanks to you."
- Dovewing's Silence, page Chapter 2
- "Ivypool’s voice was low but powerful, and for a moment Bramblestar was shocked by her ruthless advice. Then he remembered the many moons that Ivypool had spent being trained in the Dark Forest. She had learned more savagery there than most warriors could imagine."
- —Narrator on Ivypool’s battle advice Bramblestar's Storm, page Chapter 29
|Ivypaw's Apprentice Ceremony|
|Ivypool's Warrior Ceremony|
References and Citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Revealed in Sunrise, page 317
- ↑ Revealed in The Fourth Apprentice, pages 37-39
- ↑ Revealed in Eclipse, pages 33-34
- ↑ Revealed in The Fourth Apprentice, page 39
- ↑ Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Thunder and Shadow, chapter 13
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 119
- ↑ Revealed in The Fourth Apprentice, page 295
- ↑ Revealed in Shattered Sky, page bonus scene
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Revealed in Fading Echoes, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 197
- ↑ Revealed in Night Whispers, page 40
- ↑ Revealed in Night Whispers, page 227
- ↑ Revealed in Night Whispers, page 116
- ↑ Revealed in The Last Hope, page 294
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 219
- ↑ Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 452
- ↑ Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 7
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 Revealed on [ Kate's official blog]
- ↑ Revealed on Kate's blog
- ↑ Revealed on https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10153959857962454&id=29566467453&pnref=story
- ↑ Revealed on [ Kate's official blog]
- ↑ Revealed in Dovewing's Silence, chapter 5
- ↑ Revealed on Kate's Facebook Page
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook Page
- ↑ Revealed in Night Whispers, page 45
- ↑ Revealed in The Fourth Apprentice, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in The Last Hope, page 260
- ↑ Revealed in Dovewing's Silence, page 62
- ↑ Revealed in Sign of the Moon, page 127
- ↑ 31.0 31.1 31.2 31.3 Revealed in Midnight, page 84
- ↑ 32.0 32.1 Revealed in Midnight, page 17
- ↑ 33.0 33.1 Revealed in Rising Storm, page 42
- ↑ 34.0 34.1 Revealed in Forest of Secrets, pages 62-63
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ 39.0 39.1 39.2 Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ 40.0 40.1 Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 327
- ↑ Revealed in the Warriors App
- ↑ 42.0 42.1 42.2 Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 329
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ 44.0 44.1 Revealed in Pinestar's Choice, chapter 5
- ↑ 45.0 45.1 Revealed in Goosefeather's Curse, chapter 8
- ↑ 46.0 46.1 Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 8
- ↑ 47.0 47.1 47.2 Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 47
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 19
- ↑ Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 315
- ↑ Reavealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed in Goosefeather's Curse, chapter 1
- ↑ 53.0 53.1 Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 453
- ↑ 54.0 54.1 54.2 Revealed in Goosefeather's Curse, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Goosefeather's Curse, chapter 4
- ↑ 56.0 56.1 Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 19
- ↑ 57.0 57.1 Revealed in The Sight, page 5
- ↑ 58.0 58.1 58.2 Revealed in The Last Hope, page 216
- ↑ 59.0 59.1 Revealed in Fire and Ice, pages 95-97
- ↑ 60.0 60.1 Revealed in Into the Wild, page 226
- ↑ 61.0 61.1 61.2 61.3 Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 191
- ↑ 62.0 62.1 62.2 Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 120
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ 65.0 65.1 65.2 Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ 67.0 67.1 67.2 67.3 Revealed on Vicky's Facebook Page
- ↑ Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 23
- ↑ Revealed in Goosefeather's Curse, chapter 3
- ↑ 70.0 70.1 Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 509
- ↑ 71.0 71.1 71.2 71.3 Revealed in Sunset, page 27
- ↑ 72.0 72.1 Revealed in The Forgotten Warrior, page 146
- ↑ 73.0 73.1 73.2 Revealed in Sunrise, page 251
- ↑ 74.0 74.1 Revealed in Outcast, allegiances
- ↑ 75.0 75.1 Revealed in The Fourth Apprentice, page 299
- ↑ 76.0 76.1 76.2 Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, page 478
- ↑ 77.0 77.1 77.2 77.3 Revealed in The Apprentice's Quest, chapter 1
- ↑ 78.0 78.1 78.2 Revealed in The Apprentice's Quest, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 116
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ 89.0 89.1 Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 467