|"I can't live as a warrior. But I'll always remember you. You've shown me a life that I've always dreamed about. But now I know where I truly belong."|
|— Jake to Talltail in Tallstar's Revenge, page 433|
Firestar, Scourge, Socks,
|Living:||The Ultimate Guide, Bluestar's Prophecy, Tallstar's Revenge|
In the Super Edition Arc
- Jake is first introduced when Talltail finds him cornered by a dog somewhere in the Twolegplace. Talltail jumps on the dog's back, giving Jake just the edge he needs to win the fight. After the dog runs away, Jake recognizes Talltail as a Clan cat, but mistakes him for ThunderClan, not knowing that there is more than one Clan. Talltail leaves Jake with a warning to be more wary of dogs in the future.
- He runs into Jake again the next day after getting sick from eating a poisoned rat. Jake runs to get some help and returns with his housefolk. When Talltail wakes up after being rescued, Jake reassures him that he is safe. Jake explains that he faked a bellyache to get their attention, then led them to where Talltail was. He also talks about the vet. Jake tells Talltail that the water and food his housefolk brought is safe to drink and eat. Then he leaves the room.
- Jake comes in later to eat. His housefolk give Talltail some food and Jake tells him to eat it. Jake stays with him the rest of the day. When his owner lets Talltail out of the vet basket, Talltail hisses at him, but Jake defends his housefolk. Talltail complains that the Twoleg is cruel to keep him trapped in his den, but Jake once again defends his housefolk's actions. Jake talks about how he communicates with his Twoleg. He just says yes to everything because he can't quite understand what his Twoleg is saying. He taught his Twoleg the word for food, and Jake says that he sometimes tries to say it, but his accent is terrible.
- The conversation then changes to Clans and Jake asks Talltail some questions. Jake is quite in awe to be spending time with an actual warrior. Eventually, when hearing of his mission, Jake wants to go with Talltail and help him with it. Talltail refuses, not wanting help from a kittypet. However, Jake convinces to let him come along just as a guide to help him in Twolegplace.
- Jake and Talltail start their mission. On the way though the Twolegplace they meet another kittypet, Quince. They meet a Thunderpath but Talltail sensed that a dog was near them but Jake knew that the dog was there and it happens every time. Jake talks about a cat knows everything in their area. Then they meet up with some cats that are hostile. The hostile cats take Talltail and Jake to Jay, the cat who knows everything. One of those hostile cats is Red, also known as Russetfur later in the books.
- More Coming Soon
- Bluepaw sees him while hunting, sitting on a fence on the edge of Twolegplace. The ginger cat offers a friendly greeting and asks if Bluepaw is a forest cat. Although Bluepaw is reluctant to speak to him, Jake still continues his tirade of questions, confusing the blue-gray she-cat. A plump gray she-cat joins Jake on the fence. Soon, the ThunderClan leader, Pinestar, arrives and scolds Bluepaw for talking to the a kittypet. As Bluepaw leaves, Jake says his farewell and offers to let Bluepaw into his nest next time he sees her. Bluepaw, now Bluefur, thinks of Jake later on, when Sunfall mentions an increase in kittypet scents around ThunderClan's border.
- Bluefur finds Pinestar speaking with Jake later on, discovering that the leader is inquiring about kittypet life. Later on at a Gathering, Cedarstar mentions an oddly adventurous ginger kittypet that had been trespassing in ShadowClan territory, causing Bluefur to think of Jake. Bluefur continues worrying about Pinestar's interest in Jake, and is constantly suspicious that Pinestar is with the ginger kittypet when he goes missing several times. Bluefur thinks of Jake one last time when she sees his fence while out hunting with Thrushpelt.
In the The Prophecies Begin Arc
- When Firepaw is talking to Yellowfang, he tells her that both of his parents are kittypets, confirming the elder cat's suspicions of Firepaw's heritage. Although unnamed, this is alluding to Jake and his mate, Nutmeg.
In the Field Guide Arc
- Jake is first mentioned on Pinestar's page. Pinestar became friends with the kittypet who had taken an interest in the Clans and had traveled alongside Talltail for a spell. It is also mentioned on Firestar's page that Jake is the father of Firestar and he inherited his father's fascination with the forest and wild cats.
- Jake also plays a large role on Tallstar's profile. Talltail ran into Jake while he was searching out the rogues, Sparrow, Bess, Algernon, Reena, and Mole, particularly Sparrow due to his believe that the rogue had killed his father. He became quick friends with Jake by the time they found the group of cats they'd been following. Jake tried to tell the WindClan warrior that it would be best not to harm Sparrow. As he was about to kill Sparrow, Talltail remembered what his best friend had said and decided to let him live.
- The two left the rogues, with Talltail believing they would continue their travels. However, Jake didn't want to go on, wishing to return home to his housefolk. Much later on, when a flame-colored tom joined ThunderClan, Tallstar knew he was the son of Jake, though he never allowed Firestar to know he was so close to the tom's father. Jake is last mentioned on his son, Scourge's page, which the latter shares with Bone. It is briefly noted that Scourge was the son to Quince and Jake, who later found a new mate, Nutmeg, and fathered Firestar and Princess with her.
In the Stand-Alone Manga
- He is mentioned briefly, though not by name, when Quince looks at a photograph of Jake and murmurs to herself that it is strange that neither Ruby, Socks, or Tiny have his ginger fur, but she sees the same spirit in them as him. He is mentioned not by name by Quince, when Tiny asks if she knows anything about the forest. She says that his father explored there a couple of times and told her about it.
- Vicky confirmed that Jake was Firestar's father. This was suspected for a long time by the fandom, taking in account Jake's pelt color, interest in the forest, and the fact that he was seen near a gray she-cat, who could have been Quince. This is backed up within the storyline of Tallstar's Revenge, directly stating that Jake is Firestar's father.
- Moreover, Jake is also the father of Scourge, making Scourge and Firestar half-brothers.
- On her Facebook page, Vicky stated that Jake was killed when he was struck by a meteorite while sitting on a fence. However, she later clarified that it was indeed a joke.
- Kate thinks Tallstar goes out of StarClan to visit Jake.
- He is noted to look exactly like his son, Firestar.
- Tallstar's heart always belonged to Jake.
Please do not edit this gallery
- Socks: Status Unknown
- Scourge: Deceased, No Residence
- Firestar: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Squirrelflight: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Leafpool: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Whitewing: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Hollyleaf: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Amberpaw: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Lionblaze: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Jayfeather: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Dewpaw: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Snowpaw: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Dovewing: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Ivypool: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Hollypaw: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
= Gender Unknown
- "Just because I'm a kittypet doesn't mean I don't have dreams of something else. I don't want to spend my whole life in the wild, but I'd like to explore beyond the fences, see how other cats live. I know every pawstep of the house-folk place and I'd like to go farther."
- —Jake to Talltail Tallstar's Revenge, page 335
- Reena: "Aren't you embarrassed?"
- Jake: "Embarrased?"
- Tallstar's Revenge, page 394
- Jake: "Do you really want to kill a cat?"
- Talltail: "If I'd stayed in WindClan, I'd have probably killed a cat in battle by now!"
- Tallstar's Revenge, pages 404-405
- "Jake didn't look like he could win a fight with a mouse."
- —Bluefur's thoughts on Jake Bluestar's Prophecy, page 220
- "You would have been proud of your kits, my love. Strange that none of them have your ginger fur... But I see your spirit in them just the same."
- —Quince about Jake The Rise of Scourge, page 13
References and Citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 197
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 337
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 379
- ↑ Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 394
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 196
- ↑ Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 338
- ↑ Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 357
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 509
- ↑ Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 384
- ↑ Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 314
- ↑ Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 375
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook Page
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Revealed in Tallstar's Revenge, page 512
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 14.3 Revealed in The Rise of Scourge, page 3
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook Page
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook Page
- ↑ Revealed on Kate's official Blog
- ↑ Revealed on Kate's blog
- ↑ Revealed in The Rise of Scourge, page 13
- ↑ Revealed in the Warriors App
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 111
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 23.2 Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 509
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 230
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 191
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 26.2 26.3 26.4 Revealed in Sunset, page 317
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 27.2 Revealed in The Last Hope, page 216
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 28.2 Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, page manga