- Below contains in-depth information for chapter seven of Leafpool's Wish. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 7 (of 11)
- Page Numbers: N/A
- Leafpool and Squirrelflight return to the hollow, the former feeling unsteady with exhaustion, having to be supported by her sister for much of the journey. However, she walks into the camp on her own, as she can't take the chance of the other cats noticing how weary and winded she is. She goes to her den to find Whitepaw asleep and Brightheart working beside her. Whitepaw's mother notes Whitepaw's improved condition, then looks closely at Leafpool, commenting on her tired state. Brightheart tells her that she didn't need to journey back overnight. Leafpool drops into her nest, explaining that they didn't want to sleep there, then she tells Brightheart to go have something to eat. Brightheart gives Leafpool a final glance before leaving.
- Leafpool stretches, trying to appear flat, and observes her awkward belly. She tells her unborn kits that StarClan has done what it could for them, and handing them over to Squirrelflight could be the one way they could stay in the Clan. Though if Squirrelflight won't take them, they will have to find their own approach.
- As she smooths her paw over her belly, she thinks about the upcoming events, unsure of what could happen after she gives birth. She thinks that hunting will be hard while she was still nursing her kits, but she knew she could go hungry for a while. She makes a plan to eat as much fresh-kill before she left, and hopes that none of her Clanmates would be watching her closely.
- By the next sunrise, Whitepaw is complaining about not being allowed out of the den, with Leafpool noting that it was the best sign of her recovery. The medicine cat beckons the apprentice's mother, and asks her if she would not mind Leafpool leaving the camp for a while. Brightheart asks if something is wrong, and the she-cat lies that she has to search for a herb that doesn't grow in their territory. Leafpool asks Brightheart if she would take care of her duties while she is gone, and her Clanmate accepts.
- More Coming Soon
References and Citations
|Leafpool's Wish chapters|
|Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11|