|"Lost a hero today..."|
|— A SkyClan member at Lichenfur's death in Beyond the Code, page 86|
|Cause of Death|
|Cause of Death:||Drowned|
|Living:||Firestar's Quest, SkyClan's Destiny, The Rescue, Beyond the Code|
In the Super Edition Arc
- Lichen is a loner who is friends with another rogue, Scratch. After Scratch and Firestar tell her about a meeting where cats could learn about SkyClan and Clan life, she agrees to go.
- Lichen goes to the meeting, but is too shy to join SkyClan. She refuses politely, but firmly, and wishes them well, saying that she doesn't feel comfortable around such a large group of cats. Firestar seems particularly dismayed when she rejects the offer to join, for he thinks she would have made a good warrior.
- Later, when the Clan is deciding where SkyClan's borders will be, Sharpclaw suggests that they make the stream one of the borders, so that Lichen and Rainfur's dens would be outside of SkyClan territory, and therefore they will not be disturbed or have to fight over prey with the Clan.
- Lichenfur joins SkyClan about three moons after Firestar and Sandstorm leave. She moves into the elders' den and seems to fit in with her Clanmates complaining about the moss in the elders' den.
- She shares tongues on a flat rock in the sun with her denmate, Tangle, who was also a former rogue, but now residing as an elder along with Lichenfur. The two seem to get along very well.
- When the four rogue visitors arrive, Lichenfur is hostile and glares at them. She sarcastically asks Leafstar if squirrels had been gossiping. The SkyClan leader explains that they knew Firestar and Sandstorm and she doubtfully responds by saying a maybe.
In the SkyClan and the Stranger Arc
- Lichenfur watches Rabbitleap teach a move to three apprentices. She asks if he plans on landing on his prey and squashing it to death, to which Waspwhisker replies that she shouldn't be rude. Leafstar says that Lichenfur rarely has anything nice to say, but never means any harm, and that it was good for Waspwhisker to stand up to her. Soon after, Ebonyclaw's patrol returns, reporting that they had discovered a trail of fox scent. Lichenfur remarks that Ebonyclaw's idea for marking the trail was good for a daylight-warrior.
- Later, Nettlesplash and Sandypaw are punished for eating Twoleg food, and are forced to clean Lichenfur and Tangle's nests and check for ticks.
- When the foxes attack SkyClan, Leafstar's kits are near the nursery, wanting to fight. But when Leafstar was about to head over to them, Lichenfur picks them up and takes them back inside. Leafstar thanks her after the foxes leave, and she responds by saying that even though they were pests to her, she had grown used to them being around her.
- When the gorge becomes flooded, Lichenfur is killed by the raging waters, and her body is discovered by Cherrytail. Leafstar and the Clan are shocked and saddened at the elder's death.
- Lichenfur does not formally appear, but is thought of by Leafstar, when Clovertail, and others, are building Tangle's nest, he is noted to be, distraught over her death, as he is not complaining about building his own nest, like he usually does.
- Lichenfur, as listed in the allegiances of SkyClan's Destiny, is described as mottled gray, while in Firestar's Quest, she is described as mottled brown.
Please do not edit this gallery
- "Hold it right there you sorry little scraps! You're going nowhere!"
- —Lichenfur to Leafstar's kits Beyond the Code, page 51
- "They may be pests... But I've kind of got used to having them around."
- —Lichenfur about Leafstar's kits Beyond the Code, page 52
References and Citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Revealed in SkyClan's Destiny, page 14
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 315
- ↑ Revealed in Beyond the Code, page 86
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Revealed in SkyClan's Destiny, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in SkyClan's Destiny, page 177
- ↑ Revealed in SkyClan's Destiny, page 66
- ↑ Revealed in Firestar's Quest, allegiances