|"Lightning Tail got his name because he's always hanging around with Thunder. They're our own little storm in the making!"|
|— Gray Wing on how Lightning Tail was named in Thunder Rising, pages 16-17|
|Past:||Tall Shadow's Camp|
In the Dawn of the Clans Arc
- Lightning Tail, along with Acorn Fur, are two of the youngest members of Tall Shadow's group of cats living on the moor. He and his sister are the kits of Hawk Swoop and Jackdaw's Cry. He, his sister, and Thunder are rarely ever seen apart, and Gray Wing often watches the three kits play together. With Hawk Swoop's permission, he takes the three young cats out for a hunting lesson, and their mother agrees, provided he doesn't take the kits too far from camp. While out, they turn it into a game, with Lightning Tail playing the part of a hare. Always trying to keep up with Thunder, Lightning Tail boasts that he can stalk just like his adoptive littermate, and copies him every chance he gets.
- While Gray Wing is teaching Thunder, Lightning Tail, and Acorn Fur to hunt, they run into an old friend of Gray Wing's, named Turtle Tail, a kittypet who once lived with Gray Wing and his group. Gray Wing introduces the kits to Turtle Tail, and explains that Lightning Tail was given his name since he is always padding around after Thunder, and jokes that Thunder and the smaller kit are their own little storm in the making. Turtle Tail praises the names, and Gray Wing briefly sends the trio of kits away so he can have a moment of peace and quiet with his old friend. Although this peace does not last for long, as Lightning Tail comes barreling into Turtle Tail, causing her to fall onto the ground. Discovering that Turtle Tail is expecting kits, he reprimands the younger kit, telling him to apologize. Dipping his head, Lightning Tail apologizes to the tortoiseshell she-cat, and she accepts his apology, licking his ears.
- When Jackdaw's Cry returns to camp after his encounter with the dogs, Lightning Tail and Acorn Fur are listening intently, their jaws gaping in shock at the events that transpired. They seem especially impressed with Gray Wing, and how he acted when he saved Jagged Peak. After the storytelling is over, Gray Wing introduces Lightning Tail, his sister, and his mother, Hawk Swoop, to Wind and Gorse. The two newcomers attempt to fit in with Tall Shadow's group, and before long, they are sharing prey. Turtle Tail points out that Lightning Tail and his sister are healthy and strong, when she notices how they're stuffing themselves with prey. Soon after eating, Hawk Swoop herds her two kits off to bed.
- After Turtle Tail has her kits, Lightning Tail is the first to ask if he can see them. Although hesitant to let them near the newly born kits and an exhausted Turtle Tail, Gray Wing is persuaded by Cloud Spots, and gives in. Hawk Swoop gently tells her kits that Turtle Tail's young ones are too little to play with yet.
- When Bumble, a kittypet friend of Turtle Tail, arrives, and asks to join the group, Lightning Tail is present with his sister during the discussion. Tall Shadow suggests that Bumble be extra nice to her Twolegs, and Lightning Tail suggests licking them. Acorn Fur calls her brother a mousebrain, and shoves him, saying that Twolegs don't have fur. Their playful actions earn them a stern glance from Tall Shadow, who returns to addressing Bumble. After the talk, Tall Shadow looks down on her camp, and sees Lightning Tail playing with his sister, while Turtle Tail and Hawk Swoop look on.
- More Coming Soon
In the Field Guide Arc
- Lightningtail is the one of the oldest ancient ThunderClan cats. He is the very first ThunderClan deputy, serving under the leadership of Thunderstar. It is unknown what happened to Lightningtail, but he is eventually succeeded by Owleyes, who later becomes Owlstar, the second leader of ThunderClan.
- Vicky has said on her Facebook that Lightning Tail and Lightningtail are the same cat.
Please do not edit this gallery
|Hawk Swoop||Jackdaw's Cry||Falling Feather|
= Gender Unknown