|Chapter Number:||6 (of 28)|
|Point of View:||Hollyleaf|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter six of Long Shadows. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 6 (of 28)
- Page Numbers: 71-85
- Hollyleaf stirs, awoken by Thornclaw's rasping coughs. Brightheart sits next to Thornclaw, and reassures him not to worry. She offers to go and fetch herbs from Leafpool to try and make her brother feel better. Spiderleg and Berrynose irritably comment, and they tell Brightheart to hurry up, so that maybe they could get some sleep without Thornclaw's constant coughing. Brightheart glares at them, and mews that she won't help the pair of them if they get sick. Thornclaw apologizes, and Hollyleaf defends him, saying that he shouldn't have to apologize. Berrynose and Spiderleg ignore Hollyleaf, curl up, and go back to sleep. Hollyleaf, too anxious to go back to sleep, lies in her nest and lets her thoughts roam.
- She thinks back to the day prior, wondering if she, Lionblaze, and Jaypaw would really need to fake a sign from StarClan to jolt ShadowClan back to reality. She worries that StarClan will be angry with the trio. Hollyleaf ponders other ways to try and prove to ShadowClan that Sol is not worthy of leadership. She thinks to herself that taking an entire Clan away from StarClan isn't right, and StarClan has always been there for the Clans whenever they needed them. Her thoughts drag her outside, and she soon sees movement on the Highledge that leads to Firestar's den.
- Sandstorm appears and starts to head for the dirtplace tunnel, but stops upon seeing Hollyleaf. The ginger she-cat diverts her path and makes her way over to Hollyleaf. She asks why the younger cat is awake so early, and when Hollyleaf replies that Thornclaw was coughing, concern fills Sandstorm's gaze. She says that the last thing ThunderClan needs is illness in their camp, especially since some of their cats were still recovering from their battle with WindClan. Hollyleaf flinches and remembers Squirrelflight's injuries. Sandstorm notes this, and tells Hollyleaf not to worry, assuring her that Leafpool is a great medicine cat. She advises Hollyleaf to concentrate on learning everything that she can to serve and protect her Clan, and the younger warrior replies that she tries her best. Sandstorm praises Hollyleaf, and says that Firestar was proud of her, but warns the she-cat not to take on more than she can handle.
- After Sandstorm leaves Hollyleaf to herself, she sees Graystripe going to check on his mate, Millie. Not long after Graystripe emerges from the warriors' den, Ashfur, Cloudtail, and Cinderheart follow. Ashfur turns his head to Hollyleaf, and asks if she wants to join him and the others on a border patrol. She says yes, not wanting to go back to the den, and knowing that Jaypaw wouldn't plan anything without her being present. Not long after they leave, Cloudtail scents something but is unable to detect what it is.
- Hollyleaf soon discovers that it was ShadowClan scent that Cloudtail noticed, and stops in her tracks, her pelt bristling in alarm. After staying quiet for a moment, she soon discovers that it is actually Tawnypelt and her kits; Flamepaw, Tigerpaw, and Dawnpaw. Upon seeing Tawnypelt, Ashfur becomes hostile, and says that Tawnypelt had no right to be on ThunderClan land. Cloudtail silences him, and tells Ashfur to let Tawnypelt speak. It turns out that Tawnypelt wishes to stay in ThunderClan, as she no longer wants to be in ShadowClan if they don't follow their warrior ancestors. Ashfur wants to know what makes Tawnypelt think she would have a place in ThunderClan, but Cloudtail silences him again before he can finish, and says that it's just Tawnypelt and her kits.
- Cloudtail invites Tawnypelt back to ThunderClan, but makes sure to tell Ashfur that it will be Firestar who makes the final call, not him. Along the way, Hollyleaf learns that Tawnypelt and her kits are awfully thin, and worries that there is an issue with the prey in ShadowClan. Tigerpaw asks Hollyleaf if she thinks Sol knows that they've left, and she replies that she doesn't know what Sol knows. Hollyleaf questions if Tawnypelt told Sol she was leaving, and Dawnpaw replies no, and adds that Sol wouldn't have let them go otherwise. After arriving, they are greeted by Brambleclaw, who goes to tell Firestar that Tawnypelt is in camp.
References and Citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Revealed in Long Shadows, page 71
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Revealed in Long Shadows, page 76
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Revealed in Long Shadows, page 73
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Revealed in Long Shadows, page 74
- ↑ Revealed in Long Shadows, page 80
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Revealed in Long Shadows, page 81
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 Revealed in Long Shadows, page 82
- ↑ Revealed in Long Shadows, page 79
- ↑ Revealed in Long Shadows, page 83
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Revealed in Long Shadows, page 84
|Long Shadows chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25 • Chapter 26 • Chapter 27 • Chapter 28|