|"I have to keep count. We've won so many battles these past moons, it's hard to remember them all."|
|— Loudbelly to Frogleap and Crookedstar in Crookedstar's Promise, page 461|
Loudbelly is a dark brown tom.
In the Super Edition Arc
- Loudkit and his siblings are a playful bunch, often seen playing games in RiverClan's camp. Loudkit is seen on a kit-patrol searching for Blackkit, while he hides from them, using Crookedjaw's belly fur to disguise him. Loudkit tells the kit-patrol to stop, because he can smell the hiding Blackkit. When Crookedjaw jumps out of the way to reveal Blackkit, Loudkit, along with Reedkit, Sedgekit and Skykit pounce on top of Blackkit. Loudkit squeaks that he found Blackkit. When Hailstar calls a Clan meeting, Ottersplash tells her kits to come back to the nursery, Loudkit, Reedkit, and Sedgekit pad back the nursery.
- Loudkit is later seen flexing his claws, asking what would happen if the Twolegs invaded the RiverClan camp and Crookedjaw states that they won't, even asking Oakheart, who also says that they won't.
- Loudkit is later made an apprentice, with Oakheart as Loudpaw's mentor. Loudpaw is fidgeting, obviously waiting for the ceremonies to be over so he can start training. After the ceremonies Loudpaw, along with his sister, Sedgepaw, run to see Ottersplash, who congratulates her kits. Later Loudpaw is seen barging past his siblings, telling them he will be the first to climb Sunningrocks. Crookedjaw asks Loudpaw if he would like to come with him and Sedgepaw training, Loudpaw says yes and begs Oakheart to let him go. Loudpaw is seen asking if they can swim, because he and the other apprentices have only swum around in the reedbeds. Crookedjaw says no, because it's too cold and he also says that Ottersplash wouldn't be too happy he brought the new apprentices back with whitecough. Loudpaw and his siblings then bound off after Beetlenose, looking for pelt-dens.
- Loudpaw is later seen saying that he wants to learn battle moves, so that RiverClan can win back Sunningrocks, which ThunderClan had taken. Loudpaw, after listening to the mentors, starts ripping up the grass, asking if they were going to learn battle moves. Loudpaw watches his siblings climb trees, and when Oakheart tell him it's his turn, Loudpaw says he is a RiverClan cat, and he needs to learn to swim, not climb trees. Oakheart tries to persuade Loudpaw to climb, and obeys after Crookedjaw tells them a a dog is coming. Oakheart nudges the apprentice up the tree and he yelps with truimph when he gets the hang of it.
- Later, he and his siblings are being assessed in battle moves by their mentors, when a dog nearly reaches and attacks the RiverClan camp. The three are forced up a tree by Oakheart, Crookedjaw, and Beetlenose, who go to engage the dog. He later becomes a warrior by the name of Loudbelly.
- Loudbelly is then seen on a patrol with Crookedstar and Piketooth. Piketooth comments on Loudbelly's stomach rumbling, to which Loudbelly replies that he's only eaten half of a sparrow in two days, implying that the prey is scarce during leaf-bare.
- Loudbelly is later seen asking Dawnbright if telling all the Clan that she caught three fish in three dives counts as boasting. And Crookedstar tells Loudbelly he supposes Loudbelly never boasts.
- Loudbelly is shown in the allegiances as having an apprentice, Silverpaw.
- Loudbelly participates in the battle at the gorge. He jumps on top of Fireheart's back, raking his claws against the young tom's fur. He then hisses to Fireheart that should never have set paw on RiverClan's territory. Loudbelly releases Fireheart, staggering backwards when Tigerclaw arrives with the other ThunderClan warriors that participate.
In the New Prophecy Arc
- Loudbelly does not formally appear in Midnight, but is listed in the allegiances. He is now listed as an elder.
- Loudbelly hears that some of the elders from ThunderClan, WindClan, and ShadowClan are staying in the forest, wishing to not go on the Great Journey. Loudbelly stays, as he believes he is too old to make the journey by himself, and he wishes to sit vigil for Mudfur with the other elders. He stays behind with Shadepelt, Speckletail, and Frostfur.
In the Novellas
- In a Wands and Worlds chat, it was confirmed that Frostfur, Speckletail, Shadepelt, and Loudbelly all died of starvation a few moons after the Clans left.
Please do not edit this gallery
= Gender Unknown
- "Will StarClan want her like they wanted Brightsky?"
- —Loudkit about Ottersplash Crookedstar's Promise, page 293
- "Did Mudfur totally shred him? I'm going to fight like that one day."
- —Loudpaw to Crookedstar Crookedstar's Promise, page 377
- Piketooth: "At least we know why you're called Loudbelly. It's been rumbling since we left camp."
- Loudbelly: "I've had half a sparrow in two days! Of course it's rumbling!"
- Crookedstar's Promise, page 446
- "Why do I find every dip and hollow?"
- —Loudbelly to Crookedstar and Piketooth Crookedstar's Promise, page 447
- "This will be the last time you set foot in RiverClan territory!"
- —Loudbelly to Fireheart Fire and Ice, page 85
References and Citations
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed in Dawn, page 226
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 259
- ↑ Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 262
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 6
- ↑ Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 337
- ↑ Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 408
- ↑ Revealed in Midnight, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Dawn, page 225
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 338
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Revealed in Fire and Ice, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 292