Marshkit is a tom with an unknown description.
In the New Prophecy Arc
- When ShadowClan are fleeing from their camp, he is with his mother, Tallpoppy, and his sister and brother, Applekit and Toadkit. The three kits then become close friends with Birchkit of ThunderClan during the Great Journey, them being a few of the only surviving kits.
- Later, an eagle attempts to fly off with Marshkit, but he is saved by Brackenfur, a warrior of ThunderClan, who jumps up and claws the eagle enough that its hold on Marshkit loosens. Marshkit is in quite a shock afterwards but makes a full recovery when the Clans stay with the Tribe of Rushing Water.
- After the Clans find the lake, their new home, Marshkit, Applekit, and Toadkit have trouble saying goodbye to their new ThunderClan friend, Birchkit. Their mothers pull them away.
In the Power of Three Arc
- When two cats from the Tribe of Rushing Water arrive in ThunderClan, Birchfall remembers how he became friends with three ShadowClan kits during the Great Journey, Marshkit, Applekit, and Toadkit. He wonders aloud how they are doing now.
- Later, when Lionpaw and Brambleclaw are going to see Tawnypelt, Lionpaw remembers what Birchfall said and asks Toadfoot about Marshkit. There is longing in the warrior's eyes, but he pushes it away.
In the Field Guide Arc
- Marshkit does not formally appear, but is mentioned by Birchpaw in "Birchpaw Speaks: A New Apprentice", when he says he wants to see him, Toadkit, and Applekit at Birchpaw's first Gathering.
- Marshkit was growing up with his siblings around the time of the fourth Erin Hunter Chat.
- Kate admits that she forgot about Marshkit, and doubts that he'll make an appearance.
- Marshkit was mistakenly called a she-cat.
= Gender Unknown