- Below contains in-depth information for the prologue of Night Whispers. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 0 (of 25)
- Page Numbers: 1-5
- Yellowfang meets Sagewhisker and Fernshade in StarClan. Sagewhisker tells her that they've been looking for her, and Yellowfang replies that Lionheart told her that they had, and she asks what did they want. Sagewhisker and Fernshade go on to say that all of StarClan had been talking and that they think Yellowfang could have prevented the battle between ThunderClan and ShadowClan over a useless strip of land. Fernshade reveals that she trained Russetfur and that Russetfur shouldn't have died. Yellowfang voices her opinion that Russetfur might have been happy to join them, as she was old, but Sagewhisker says that no warrior would want to die. Fernshade curls her lip and says tells Yellowfang that she knew what was happening in the Dark Forest and asks her if she wanted cats to die.
- Bluestar intervenes and tells the she-cats that the battle was a lesson that they needed to learn. Sagewhisker asks what lesson, and Bluestar replies that now they know what they're up against. Yellowfang shudders and says that she should have known, from the moment that she first saw Brokenstar in the Place of No Stars, Sagewhisker tells Yellowfang, who was her former apprentice, that is is her fault that Brokenstar was ever born. Bluestar, once again intervenes and tells her that there was no use blaming each other. Fernshade, though, angrily replies that not every cat doesn't follow the warrior code. Bluestar says that mistakes are what they learn from, and that the Clans need to join forces.
- Lionheart, Mudfur, and Oakheart join them and ask the she-cat what's going on. Bluestar replies that the Dark Forest was behind the battle between ShadowClan and ThunderClan. Oakheart asks if anyone knew which cats the Dark Forest was training and Yellowfang says that Brokenstar will take any cat he can get. Fernshade worries that they might recruit a Clan leader and Mudfur says that they can no longer trust any cat. Mudfur scents another cat and asks if it was Mudclaw, of WindClan. Mudclaw says that he came as soon as he heard and he asks how are they going to deal with the Place of No Stars. Bluestar unsheathes her claws and says that the Clans must fight together. Fernshade then asks the other cats why the Dark Forest just didn't attack, already. Lionheart replies that it would be too easy. Oakheart asks if there is any way to defeat them, Bluestar says that all any Place of No Stars cat understands is violence.
- Fernshade announces that she is going to fetch Russetfur, and Yellowfang, through fallinng raindrops, asks Fernshade to tell Russetfur that she is sorry.
References and Citations
|Night Whispers chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25|