|"A blind kit saved by a one-eyed warrior. ThunderClan isn't what it used to be. Filled with kittypets and cripples and worn-out deputies."|
|— Oakfur taunting Brambleclaw's patrol in The Sight, page 204|
|Past:||TigerClan (Modern), LionClan (Modern)|
|Apprentice(s):||Tawnypelt, Smokepaw, Tigerheart, Ferretclaw|
|Living:||Fire and Ice, Forest of Secrets, A Dangerous Path, The Darkest Hour, Firestar's Quest, Midnight, Moonrise, Dawn, Starlight, Twilight, Sunset, The Sight, Dark River, Outcast, Long Shadows, Sunrise, The Fourth Apprentice, Fading Echoes, Night Whispers, Sign of the Moon, The Forgotten Warrior, Battles of the Clans, The Last Hope, Hollyleaf's Story, Mistystar's Omen|
Oakfur is a small, dark brown tom.
In the Super Edition Arc
- Oakfur does not formally appear in Firestar's Quest, but is listed in the allegiances. It is noted that his apprentice, Tawnypaw, becomes a warrior with the name of Tawnypelt.
In the Original Arc
- Oakpaw attends a Gathering with his mentor, Wetfoot. Wetfoot introduces him to Fireheart, who greets him warmly. Oakpaw timidly greets him back.
- Oakpaw does not formally appear in Forest of Secrets, but is listed in the allegiances.
- Oakfur does not formally appear in A Dangerous Path, but is listed in the allegiances. He is made a warrior and receives the name Oakfur.
- Oakfur is at the confrontation between TigerClan and LionClan, with Tawnypaw close by his side. He is assigned as her mentor in ShadowClan after she leaves ThunderClan.
In the New Prophecy Arc
- Oakfur does not formally appear in Midnight, but is listed in the allegiances. He has a new apprentice, Smokepaw.
- Oakfur does not formally appear in Moonrise, but is listed in the allegiances.
- Oakfur does not formally appear in Dawn, but is listed in the allegiances. He leaves with the rest of the Clans to find a new home. While traveling in the mountains, his apprentice, Smokepaw, dies after falling off a cliff.
- Oakfur is on a ShadowClan patrol with Cedarheart, Tawnypelt, Rowanclaw, and Talonpaw when Brambleclaw accidentally crosses the new ShadowClan border.
- Squirrelflight spots Oakfur at the first Gathering on the island with his Clanmates, Russetfur and Rowanclaw.
- Later, he is part of the patrol to drive off the two kittypets causing trouble in their territory. Oakfur, Rowanclaw, Thornclaw, and Cloudtail creep behind the kittypets to cut off their escape route.
- Oakfur tells his Clanmate, Rowanclaw, at a Gathering that it is hard not to admire Firestar's decision to take Daisy and her three kits into ThunderClan, asking if Blackstar would have turned down three extra warriors for his Clan.
- Oakfur, along with the rest of a ShadowClan patrol, watches Berrykit of ThunderClan struggle when he is caught in a fox-trap without trying to help him, and is scolded for not following the Warrior code.
- Later, he threatens Stormfur to step over the border, and they would show him how fierce they are.
- Oakfur is with a patrol marking the border between ShadowClan and ThunderClan; as Brambleclaw's patrol attacks them, he fights against Sandstorm. He flees when ThunderClan reinforcements arrive, letting out a screech of terror.
- Tawnypelt remarks to Brambleclaw that she was patrolling with Blackstar and Oakfur on the RiverClan border when Hawkfrost told them that ThunderClan had been attacked by badgers.
In the Power of Three Arc
- Oakfur is part of the ShadowClan patrol that is caught stealing ThunderClan territory. He mocks Brambleclaw, saying that a blind kit, Jaypaw, had realized they were there before he did. He further insults them by calling them half-kittypets, cripples, and worn-out deputies, referring to Graystripe. Brambleclaw threatens him that if they moved the border, they'd have to fight for it, and Oakfur confidently asks him if he's sure ShadowClan wouldn't win. He lifts his tail, and many more ShadowClan cats appear over the rise. As the battle ensues, he attacks Firestar with another warrior until Lionpaw pulls Oakfur away and attacks him, flinging him against a tree and dazing him.
- Later, Littlecloud comments to Leafpool that Oakfur is still limping, and Leafpool tells him he should try wrapping his paw with comfrey every night.
- Oakfur later insults ThunderClan at a Gathering, calling them kittypets and outsiders, before Squirrelflight calms the Gathering with her idea of the daylight gathering.
- Oakfur does not formally appear in Dark River, but is listed in the allegiances.
- Oakfur is part of a ShadowClan patrol that catches Berrynose and Birchfall in ShadowClan territory. He comments that ThunderClan never cared about boundaries.
- When Firestar comments about how the border scent is faint, Oakfur tells him that the patrol is the evening patrol, and they are there to renew the scent markers.
- Oakfur does not formally appear in Eclipse, but is listed in the allegiances.
- Oakfur does not formally appear in Long Shadows, but is listed in the allegiances.
- Oakfur is part of the patrol that comes to the ThunderClan camp to ask why three ThunderClan warriors had been in ShadowClan territory.
- He also has been given Tigerpaw as an apprentice.
In the Omen of the Stars Arc
- Oakfur does not formally appear in The Fourth Apprentice, but is listed in the allegiances.
- His apprentice, Tigerpaw, has become a warrior now and received the name Tigerheart. Oakfur now has a new apprentice, named Ferretpaw.
- Oakfur is only seen once on a patrol with his apprentice, Ferretpaw. The patrol finds Jayfeather and Squirrelflight near the ShadowClan border. The ShadowClan cats bring them to the camp so Jayfeather and Squirrelflight can ask Littlecloud for help with Briarlight, since her legs were crushed.
- When Rowanclaw shows Pinepaw how she could have defended herself better against Hazeltail in the recent battle against ThunderClan, Rowanclaw tells Oakfur to pretend he is Hazeltail and he and Pinepaw begin to practice. Eventually, Pinepaw wins and the Clan cheers.
- Later, he is seen in Ivypaw's dream when she sends him flying over her shoulder with a single paw.
- Oakfur does not formally appear in Sign of the Moon, but is listed in the allegiances.
- Oakfur does not formally appear in The Forgotten Warrior, but is listed in the allegiances. His apprentice, Ferretpaw, becomes a warrior with the name of Ferretclaw.
- When all the Clans are united before the battle, Cloudtail remarks that he can't believe that Oakfur, Smokefoot, and Snowbird, who are ShadowClan warriors, are in ThunderClan camp. Firestar welcomes them into the camp, giving Cloudtail a warning look for his remark.
- Later on, when Stoatpaw sends a message saying that Blackstar is losing a life, panic lights Oakfur and Snowbird's eyes.
- He accompanies Lionblaze, Graystripe, Snowbird, and Smokefoot during the battle as they run towards the ShadowClan border. He and Snowbird help Toadfoot, whose pelt is ripped and bloody.
In the Field Guide Arc
- In "Blackstar Speaks: Ambush by the Lake", Oakfur is part of the patrol, consisting of Blackstar, Tawnypelt, Cedarheart, Rowanclaw, and himself, to claim part of RiverClan territory for ShadowClan. Oakfur and Cedarheart are sent into the wooden nest on ShadowClan territory. The patrol meets a RiverClan patrol, consisting of Mistyfoot, Swallowtail, Stonestream, and Voletooth. After Blackstar orders the attack, Oakfur is seen fighting with Stonestream. Blackstar then orders the patrol to surround the RiverClan cats, which Oakfur obeys, standing next to his leader. He curls his lip at Stonestream when the RiverClan warrior takes a step toward him, snarling when Stonestream steps back that he made a wise move.
In the Novellas
- Oakpaw is a ShadowClan apprentice, and his mentor is Wetfoot.
- On a hunting patrol, Oakpaw pricks his ears, remarking that Wetfoot was leading the patrol, but his mentor informs him that Tigerclaw could lead them. As they go on, Oakpaw notes that they usually scented their prey, but Tangleburr cuts in. When Nightstar dies, Tigerclaw announces just as Oakpaw is about to drag a shrew from the fresh-kill pile. When Jaggedtooth and Nightwhisper become warriors, Oakpaw complains that it wasn't fair, as they didn't have to train, and Tigerclaw fixes a cold glare on him, making Oakpaw duck his head.
- During a training session, Rowanpaw strikes a blow on Oakpaw, making him sprawl on his back. Tigerclaw tells him to go for his hind legs, but Rowanpaw dances out of his way, taunting Oakpaw about his speed. Tigerclaw asks him if he was to let Rowanpaw speak to him like that, and Oakpaw, scrambling to his feet, refuses. He then launches himself at Rowanpaw, flailing his paws, an Tigerclaw is satisfied that Oakpaw unsheathed his claws, and drew blood. When Runningnose wishes to speak privately with Tigerclaw, the latter checks to make sure that Oakpaw and Rowanpaw aren't killing each other.
- Coming Soon
- Oakfur does not formally appear in Hollyleaf's Story, but is listed in the allegiances.
- Oakfur does not formally appear in Mistystar's Omen, but is listed in the allegiances.
- He is mistakenly called light brown and pale brown throughout the entirety of Tigerclaw's Fury.
Please do not edit this gallery
- Oakfur: "A blind kit noticed us before the ThunderClan deputy knew we were here. How humiliating."
- Smokefoot: "Is ThunderClan so desperate for warriors that it needs to train even its most worthless kit?"
- The Sight, pages 203-204
References and Citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Revealed in Fire and Ice, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 136
- ↑ Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 210
- ↑ Revealed in A Dangerous Path, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Firestar's Quest, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Midnight, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Sunrise, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in The Fourth Apprentice, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 23
- ↑ Revealed in Tigerclaw's Fury, chapter 5
- ↑ Revealed in Tigerclaw's Fury, chapter 10