|"What? Has even StarClan given up on us? I remember when Cloudstar led us away from the forest. He said we should never look to the spirits of our warrior ancestors again, and he was right. We should never have listened to StarClan. They have done nothing for us!"|
|— Oakstep losing his faith in StarClan in SkyClan's Destiny, page 8|
|Past:||Loner, SkyClan, SkyClan Ancestor|
|Living:||Firestar's Quest, Cloudstar's Journey, SkyClan's Destiny|
Oakstep is a gray tabby tom.
In the Super Edition Arc
- Oakpaw is an ancient SkyClan apprentice when SkyClan is driven out of the forest because of Twolegs.
- During a flashback to an earlier time where SkyClan made the gorge their new home after being driven out of the forest by Twolegs, he is called to join a hunting patrol, his mentor then being revealed to be Mousefang.
- Oakstep is now shown to be an elder of ancient SkyClan during the time when SkyClan has already settled in the gorge, and scatters due to a rat attack.
- When the battle patrol against the rats comes back to camp, he is shocked when he hears about Sunpelt and Fallensnow's deaths, and asks where the bodies were. When Swallowflight tells him they couldn't bring them back, he protests, saying it was wrong to leave them behind. Oakstep hobbles away, grief-stricken, to go retrieve the bodies himself, but Spiderstar stops him. Oakstep does not want to give up, and is horrified when Spiderstar says StarClan had given up on SkyClan. He decides that Cloudstar was right when he told them to never look to StarClan again.
- Oakstep decides to stay behind with the other two elders, Nightfur, his former mentor Mousefang, Spiderstar, and Brackenheart.
In the Novellas
- After the tree falls, Oakpaw and his mentor, Nightfur, ask if they should prepare to leave the forest. During Petalfall's vigil, Nightfur and Oakpaw return from hunting with Mousefang before them, yowling for Fawnstep, the medicine cat. Nightfur is guiding Oakpaw, who is unsteady on his paws, and is obviously hurt, wincing with nearly every step. Cloudstar demands to know what happened, and Nightfur explains that Oakpaw was chasing a squirrel but he chased it where the Twolegs were working and fell into one of their ditches they dug. Fawnstep examines him quickly and comments that he is lucky, and leads him into the medicine den. Buzzardtail growls that Fawnstep is right; he was lucky he didn't break his neck, and Cloudstar announces that no cat should hunt over there from now on.
Please do not edit this gallery
- "But if you had brought them back we could have buried them! Where is the honor in leaving them to be picked over by the rats? Sunpelt and Fallensnow should never be crow-food!"
- —Oakstep about the bodies of his Clanmates SkyClan's Destiny, page 3
- "It's not like we have much time left."
- —Oakstep to Spiderstar SkyClan's Destiny, page 8
- "Oakpaw was lucky to get off so lightly. He could have broken his neck!"
- —Buzzardtail about Oakpaw Cloudstar's Journey, page Chapter 7
References and Citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Revealed in Shattered Sky, page 265
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Revealed in SkyClan's Destiny, page 8
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 189
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Revealed on Vicky's Facebook page
- ↑ Revealed in SkyClan's Destiny, page 3
- ↑ Revealed in Cloudstar's Journey, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Firestar's Quest, allegiances