|"The Clans have always fought, but this is the first time the medicine cats have been divided. I feel as if something bad is coming. The water is calm, but currents pull beneath the surface. Though they can't be seen, they have the power to drag cats to their death."|
|— Onestar to Jayfeather in The Last Hope, page 54|
|Living:||Secrets of the Clans, Cats of the Clans, Code of the Clans, Battles of the Clans, Fire and Ice, Forest of Secrets, Rising Storm, A Dangerous Path, The Darkest Hour, Firestar's Quest, Midnight, Moonrise, Dawn, Starlight, Twilight, Sunset, The Sight, Dark River, Outcast, Eclipse, Long Shadows, Sunrise, The Fourth Apprentice, Fading Echoes, Night Whispers, Sign of the Moon, The Forgotten Warrior, The Last Hope, Hollyleaf's Story, Mistystar's Omen|
In the Super Edition Arc Edit
- At the Gathering, Tallstar reports that Onewhisker and WindClan's deputy, Mudclaw, had chased a fox off the moors, which seemed to prefer WindClan's territory than woodland.
- When the Gathering concludes, Firestar, who wants to visit the Moonstone to speak with StarClan, does not leave with the rest of ThunderClan, but instead waits until the clearing is empty before following WindClan and meeting the cat bringing up the rear of the Gathering patrol: Onewhisker. Firestar asks Onewhisker if he may travel to Highstones, in which Onewhisker agrees to let Firestar travel, asking if there is any trouble. Shortly after, Firestar says goodbye to Onewhisker and his Clan after they reach their camp.
- Later, when Firestar and his mate, Sandstorm begin their journey to restore SkyClan, Onewhisker is with Mudclaw, hunting rabbits. Recognizing Onewhisker's voice, Firestar listens to the conversation as Onewhisker says he can smell ThunderClan scent, but cannot see any cats. Mudclaw says if any cats set paw on their territory, they'll be sorry, but Onewhisker says it's probably some cat on their way to Highstones, to which Mudclaw snarls that whoever it was, they weren't on their way to Highstones, and he calls Onewhisker a mouse-brain for thinking of such a thing.
In the Original ArcEdit
- Onewhisker is noted to be the mentor of Whitepaw. He and the deputy, Deadfoot, have been searching for areas to shelter WindClan after being chased from their home by Brokenstar during his leadership.
- He is introduced to Fireheart by Tallstar. Fireheart and his friend, Graystripe, are bringing WindClan back to their home as they were driven out from their home on the moor by Brokenstar. As the traveling Clan reaches the end of the Thunderpath, Onewhisker gratefully tells Fireheart that WindClan would have died if it wasn't for him, and they would never forget that. He, along with Deadfoot, escort Fireheart and Graystripe home to ThunderClan. Onewhisker hunts a rabbit for the four, and they share it. As they are escorting Fireheart and Graystripe home, they bump into a RiverClan patrol. Furious, Leopardfur calls the battle cry and the two patrols battle. Before, Barkface had said that the blood-stained clouds would bring an unnecessary death, and this prophecy is confirmed when Graystripe knocks Whiteclaw over the edge of the gorge.
- When WindClan is being attacked by ShadowClan and RiverClan together, Onewhisker is the cat who desperately begs ThunderClan for help by running into the camp and announcing the attack.
- After Nightstar reveals to the Gathering that Bluestar and ThunderClan is sheltering Brokenstar, now Brokentail, Onewhisker walks over to Fireheart and apologizes for this, telling him that he didn't forget how Fireheart had brought him and his Clan home.
- When both ShadowClan and WindClan invade ThunderClan's camp to get a hold of Brokentail, Fireheart observes Onewhisker, Tallstar, Wetfoot, Deadfoot, Stumpytail, and Cinderfur running side by side as if they were all littermates. It is also noted that Onewhisker and Wetfoot had broken through Tigerclaw's defense. Onewhisker is also one of the first cats, along with Nightstar, to break through the gorse tunnel, streaking across the open ground towards Brokentail's den. As the battle draws to an end, Fireheart watches Onewhisker vanish at the tail end of the fleeing invaders.
- When Fireheart comes to the Gathering, Mudclaw, still harboring a grudge with him because he sheltered Brokentail, whispers something in Onewhisker's ear, to which Onewhisker blinks sympathetically at Fireheart. Onewhisker then turns and walks away from Mudclaw, leaving the WindClan warrior's tail twitching in annoyance.
- At the next Gathering, Onewhisker greets Fireheart happily. Fireheart informs Onewhisker to not let Mudclaw watch him talking to him, as both he and Mudclaw were not on good terms the last time they met - when Fireheart and Sandstorm brought Cloudpaw home from being trapped by Twolegs. Onewhisker tells Fireheart that Mudclaw takes pride in defending his territory, and moves on to show Fireheart his new apprentice, Gorsepaw, Morningflower's kit. Fireheart holds a good bond with the apprentice, as he carried him for his mother when bringing WindClan home from being driven out by Brokentail. After Onewhisker shows Fireheart Gorsepaw, he dips his head to dismiss Fireheart, as Tallstar walks over.
- Onewhisker's former apprentice, Whitepaw, is now Whitetail.
- At the Gathering, Onewhisker asks Fireheart if he remembers who his apprentice, Gorsepaw, was. Fireheart comments on his size, telling the young apprentice that if he grew anymore, he'd be able to join LionClan. Onewhisker notes that they should be starting the meeting, but there is no sign of RiverClan.
- Fireheart travels to WindClan territory, and Gorsepaw, Onewhisker's apprentice, informs Onewhisker that Fireheart would like to talk to him. Fireheart tells Onewhisker that he wants to speak with Tallstar - and both Onewhisker and Gorsepaw bring Fireheart to the WindClan camp. Onewhisker tells Fireheart that he wouldn't do it for any cat but him, and they reach the WindClan camp. As Fireheart insists that his words are not for all cats, Tallstar calls Deadfoot, Mudclaw, and Onewhisker into his den.
- Fireheart tells Tallstar that his leader, Bluestar, believes that WindClan is stealing prey. Tallstar denies it, but Fireheart tells him that he believes it is dogs instead. They come up with an idea - Ravenpaw, the cat whom had sheltered WindClan on their journey back home, will take the message - that WindClan would like to peacefully meet with Bluestar - to ThunderClan, as he has permission to go in their territory.
- At Fourtrees, Fireheart spots Onewhisker, Morningflower, and Gorsepaw in the patrol of cats behind Tallstar. Fireheart thinks about how he doesn't want to fight these cats.
- Fireheart, now Firestar, the new leader of ThunderClan, waves his tail towards Onewhisker and Gorsepaw at a Gathering, whom are settling down to talk to Sandstorm. When TigerClan attacks WindClan, Onewhisker calls to Firestar, whom is lying on his side with deep wounds in his throat and shoulder, with Barkface tending to him. When Firestar expresses surprise at Onewhisker's wounds, he tells him it's not as bad as it looks and that he should have seen the other cats.
- Firestar then turns to look at Gorsepaw, Onewhisker's apprentice, whom lies dead in the middle of the clearing. Onewhisker explains his death to Firestar, his voice full of rage as he tells Firestar about how Tigerstar pinned Gorsepaw down in the middle of the clearing and threatened to kill him to show what the rest of WindClan would expect if they refused to join him.
- In the battle against BloodClan, Onewhisker is seen, fighting against Scourge. Scourge's claws, reinforced with dog teeth, slices at Onewhisker's belly, and he yowls in pain, but Scourge, whom spotted Firestar, turns, leaving Onewhisker to crawl away.
In the New Prophecy Arc Edit
- At the Gathering, Tallstar asks Leopardstar to grant him and his Clan permission to cross their borders into their territory to drink, saying that the streams have dried up in their territory and Onewhisker had fallen, trying to go down the river that ran between a deep, sheer-sided gorge for water, thanking StarClan that he was not hurt.
- Brambleclaw, Dustpelt, and Squirrelpaw are all apart of the patrol that spots the WindClan patrol consisting of Onewhisker, Mudclaw, and Crowpaw, crossing the ThunderClan border. Dustpelt challenges the WindClan patrol, and when Mudclaw tells the ThunderClan warrior that they're not stealing prey, Squirrelpaw turns to the WindClan apprentice, Crowpaw, and asks what he has. Onewhisker, whom is mentioned to be thoroughly embarrassed to be caught on ThunderClan territory like this, as being one of Firestar's closest friends, tells Squirrelpaw that it isn't a ThunderClan vole, for it ran across the border with RiverClan. Brambleclaw tells Onewhisker that he was stealing prey from RiverClan, even if what he said was true.
- When Crowpaw launches himself at Brambleclaw and starts a fight, Onewhisker drags Crowpaw off, scolding him in the process. When Crowpaw protests by saying that they called them thieves, Onewhisker tells him that they were right, and turns to apologize to Dustpelt. Onewhisker tells Dustpelt that they knew they shouldn't have taken it, but there is hardly any prey on the moor and the kits and elders are hungry, and he breaks off, asking what they were going to do next. Dustpelt replies with no need to do anything, for it wasn't their prey, but warns them to get off their territory. Brambleclaw notices that even though the WindClan deputy, Mudclaw, nudges Crowpaw to his paws, he does not add his apology on to Onewhisker's.
- Onewhisker does not formally appear in Moonrise, but is listed in the allegiances.
- Onewhisker is first seen on the patrol that ventures deep into the heart of ThunderClan territory to beg for their help. Squirrelpaw is astonished at the condition he and the rest of the WindClan warriors are in, observing that both he and Tornear were so thin that they looked like they were made of twigs and leaves, and Squirrelpaw half-fears that the breeze will blow them away. When Tawnypelt comes to the ThunderClan camp to ask them for their help to stop the Twolegs from invading their camp, Onewhisker is seen, whispering to his leader. He tells Tallstar that he is on his last life, and asks him to stay in the ThunderClan camp. But Tallstar replies that whether he is on his first life or his ninth, his duty is to the forest, and he will not miss this battle. Onewhisker accepts his reply with a nod.
- When the cats from all the Clans reach the ShadowClan camp, Firestar starts giving out orders, and Onewhisker asks him what he should do, but Firestar tells him he will get to him soon. Finally, Firestar turns to both him and Tallstar, and tells them both to defend their escape route. Afterwards, the ThunderClan cats are panicking, unable to find Tallpoppy and her three kits. Onewhisker points with his noise to a clearing surrounded by pale-barked saplings, and he races over with Squirrelpaw and Tallstar to grab the kits.
- An ancient birch starts to topple over, and both Squirrelpaw and Tallstar escape, but Onewhisker is still reaching for the final kit, and Squirrelpaw watches in horror as the tree hurtles towards him. Firestar suddenly leaps forward and hurls himself against Onewhisker's flank, and the WindClan warrior is flung clear. As Onewhisker escapes, the tree hits the ground, hitting Firestar instead of Onewhisker, meaning that the ThunderClan leader risked his life for his old friend. Brambleclaw orders Onewhisker to get the other cats to the Thunderpath. Onewhisker promises that they'll wait for them at the tunnel.
- As Firestar recovers from losing a life, he asks if Onewhisker had rescued the kit, and Brambleclaw tells him that they're both safe. After the Twoleg attack, ThunderClan, WindClan, and ShadowClan shelter at Sunningrocks, but RiverClan makes the journey with them. Onewhisker is seen gathering around Tallstar, whom had collapsed at the base of the rock, too tired to climb any farther. When Littlecloud starts looking for injuries, Onewhisker alerts him that Tallstar has a gash on his hind leg.
- When Mistyfoot tells Firestar that she knows a time has come to make a decision about leaving the forest, she adds that many of the cats know that the river is drying up, and Onewhisker also tells them that the Twolegs have changed the course of the water, and that their warriors had seen them digging great holes around the gorge to channel the river away. Firestar, his eyes brightening with the fact that ThunderClan, RiverClan, and WindClan are all making the journey to find a new home due to the Twoleg destruction, alerts Onewhisker to tell his Clanmates that the two Clans, ThunderClan and RiverClan, are traveling with them.
- As the cats are crossing the muddy ridge, Onewhisker tells Firestar that the Twoleg monsters are everywhere on the moor, and where they are is the quietest place to cross. Onewhisker does not appear afterwards, but it is most likely that he crossed the mountains with the other Clans and stayed with the Tribe of Rushing Water, then finding their new home, a lake, with all the warriors of StarClan shining in the waves.
- Onewhisker is first seen besides Tallstar, in the marshland where the Clan cats are sheltering prior to finding new territories. The elderly leader is being nudged to his by Barkface, and Onewhisker gently licks his fur in encouragement. As all the leaders of the Clans gather to assign tasks and make decisions, Mudclaw, the deputy of WindClan, shoulders Firestar forward and starts to decide where the hunting patrols will go out. Onewhisker is furious at how Mudclaw behaves as if he is leader, and protests against it, saying that last time he looked, Tallstar was still leader of WindClan. In a cold voice, Mudclaw tells him that Tallstar won't be leader for much longer, and that some cat has to take charge. Onewhisker is still angry, and tells Mudclaw to show a bit of respect. He states that Tallstar was leader when Mudclaw was a small kit mewling in the nursery, and Mudclaw retorts back that he isn't a kit now, but instead he is deputy. He informs Onewhisker that Tallstar hadn't done much to lead them since they left the forest.
- Firestar breaks into the fight, ending it and telling Onewhisker that he knows that he is worried about Tallstar, but Mudclaw is only doing his duty. Onewhisker growls and sits down, saying that he needn't act like he's leader already, flashing a side to side glance to all the cats around him, as if daring them to make a comment about his outburst. Firestar turns to Mudclaw, saying that Onewhisker has a fair point, and that it is difficult for a deputy to stand in for their leader - difficult for the rest of the Clan as well as their deputy. Blackstar ends the conversation by ordering them to talk about their leadership in private.
- When the medicine cats gather, Barkface breaks off from the group to go next to Tallstar. Onewhisker is sitting vigil next to his dying leader, and Barkface exchanges a word or two with him. Barkface starts his own vigil with Onewhisker. When all the Clans break apart, Leafpaw spots Thornclaw saying goodbye to Ashfoot and Onewhisker. As he meets Leafpaw's gaze, Thornclaw jumps, as if he feels disloyal to his Clan because he is friends with them.
- Barkface comes over to the ThunderClan warrior, Brambleclaw, asking him to find Firestar, because Tallstar is asking for him. As Brambleclaw obliges, Barkface dashes off, saying that he's got to find Onewhisker. Where Tallstar is dying, he asks for Onewhisker, and Onewhisker dashes in, saying that he only went to the lake to get the dying leader a drink. Tallstar's voice is stronger as he deems that there is something that he must do before he goes to StarClan. He tells Firestar and Onewhisker that Mudclaw is a brave warrior, but he is not the cat to lead WindClan. In the last moons, he had learned that the future of the Clan lies in friendship, and that he wants no rivalry between WindClan and ThunderClan while he is gone. He then appoints Onewhisker as the new deputy of WindClan, but not using the correct words.
- Onewhisker sounds horrified and tells Tallstar no. Tallstar tells Onewhisker to treat his friends when he leads his Clan, and Onewhisker tells Tallstar that he will do his best. Tallstar's breathing gradually stops, and Firestar reminds Onewhisker that he must tell his Clan. Onewhisker protests, saying that Tallstar was dying and he couldn't think clearly, but Firestar reassures him. He firmly tells Onewhisker that Tallstar knew exactly what he wanted, and Barkface, whom had arrived after Tallstar dies, is shocked, asking what Tallstar said. Firestar explains, and after Barkface hears, he turns to comfort Onewhisker, saying that he can't do anything about it, and asking if StarClan would give nine lives to Mudclaw, knowing what Tallstar had said. Onewhisker exclaims Mudclaw's name, and wonders what he will say to him. Firestar presses against Onewhisker, saying that he will tell the Clans if it makes it easier.
- Onewhisker is relieved, and thanks Firestar. As the cats gather to where the other Clans are, Onewhisker is prepared to settle down in the roots of the tree stump, but Firestar beckons to a place beside him, asking what his Clan will think if he sits down there like an ordinary warrior. Onewhisker flashes Brambleclaw a doubtful look as he encourages him, and jumps up to sit besides Firestar. Firestar announces that Tallstar is dead, and the WindClan deputy, Mudclaw, pushes his way through the group of cats and demands why no cat told him that Tallstar was dead. Webfoot, a WindClan warrior, reminds Mudclaw that he is their leader, and that they need him to help the Clan settle in a new home. Firestar asks them to listen what he's trying to tell them, and announces that just before he died, Tallstar had made Onewhisker his deputy.
- Cats protest from the crowd, and Onewhisker announces that this is as much of a shock to him as it is to Mudclaw. He asks Mudclaw to carry on being WindClan's deputy, and that he will need his support and experience every pawstep of the way. Mudclaw, furious, asks them if they think he believes the load of fox-dung, as he calls it. Mudclaw says that Tallstar practically handed over his Clan to Firestar before they left for the Great Journey, and now that Firestar tells the Clans that his friend, Onewhisker, is to lead WindClan. He asks if any cat saw Tallstar's convenient change of mind, and Brambleclaw speaks up. He tells Mudclaw that he was there when Tallstar made Onewhisker his deputy, and Mudclaw narrows his eyes at him, sarcastically saying that it was a surprise that another ThunderClan cat saw. He asks what Firestar offered Brambleclaw if he backed him up - and also asks if he promised to make him deputy of ThunderClan, in Graystripe's absence. Brambleclaw steals a glance at Firestar, who's eyes blaze with cold fury.
- Crowfeather speaks, saying that he will follow Onewhisker, after Mudclaw asks who will follow him. Crowfeather tells the Clan that Brambleclaw does not lie, as he knows the tabby warrior well. The WindClan cat meets Onewhisker's gaze, and tells him that he greets him as the new leader of his Clan. Cats cheer in the crowd, calling Onewhisker's leader name, Onestar, but it is noted that some sound uncertain and others openly defiant. Onewhisker thanks Crowfeather, but asks him not to call him Onestar yet, as he hasn't received his nine lives or name from StarClan. Mudclaw snarls at Onewhisker, telling him that he never will. The two cats nearly fight, but Firestar breaks it up, and Mudclaw tells Onewhisker that if he thinks he will serve as his deputy, he is wrong.
- Onewhisker seems to accept his decision, and Firestar persuades Onewhisker to appoint another deputy now. For a moment, Brambleclaw wonders if he will choose the warrior Crowfeather, but shakes off the idea, as Crowfeather was made a warrior too recently and he was friendly with ThunderClan, and concludes that Onewhisker needed an experienced deputy who was popular in WindClan, but not too much with the other Clans. Onewhisker appoints Ashfoot, Crowfeather's mother, and when Ashfoot comes up to thank him, Onewhisker interrupts her, saying that he didn't want a deputy who thinks they deserve power, but one who will make the Clan strong as they reach their new home. Onewhisker parts to sit vigil with Tallstar.
- Leafpaw, the ThunderClan medicine cat apprentice, constantly frets about what will happen if Onewhisker doesn't receive his nine lives, as the Clans have no Moonstone in their new territories, and it was very far from there. When Cinderpelt, her mentor, asks Leafpaw about what is bothering her, she tells her about her worries about Onewhisker, and Cinderpelt comforts her, saying that they will find a new Moonstone place. Leafpaw asks when, and adds that Onewhisker needs his lives and name now. When the cats gather to announce the proper boundaries, the leaders jump onto a tree stump, and Onewhisker sits on the roots of the tree stump - as there is no room on the stump for four cats. Mudclaw gives a small, satisfied nod. Onewhisker claims the territory from the horseplace, to a stream that Firestar mentions. As the Clans start to travel, Onewhisker pauses, saying that they'll leave ThunderClan there, after they traveled together. He thanks Firestar for his help, and Firestar lowers his voice, saying that if there is any trouble, ThunderClan would be glad to help. Onewhisker leads his Clans up the hills.
- After having some of her Clan's elders be affected by a stomach ache that came from tainted water Mothwing offered to the Clans, Leafpaw travels to WindClan and offers to help Barkface in caring for the elders, as she knew that it was most likely that WindClan was in the greatest danger. As she is guided to the WindClan camp by Tornear and Whitetail, Leafpaw spots Onewhisker and Ashfoot talking in the center of the camp, and Tornear heads down the slope to tell Onewhisker that Leafpaw is there. Onewhisker assigns Crowfeather to watch over Leafpaw, and walks away. As Leafpaw finishes up, Onewhisker thanks her, and tells her that Tornear told him of the dispute about the stretch of trees in WindClan territory. He decides to put his markers on the foot of the hills, leaving the trees to ThunderClan.
- As the four Clans are going to the horseplace to hold their Gathering, a cream-colored she-cat, named Daisy, exclaims that there are so many of them. Onewhisker tells Brambleclaw about how Mudclaw felt uncomfortable about the way Onewhisker gave a whole slice of territory to ThunderClan in exchange for healing herbs. Brambleclaw reassures Hawkfrost that he's sure Onewhisker could be a great leader, and Hawkfrost is curious to as if StarClan have not given Onewhisker their full approval - as he does not have his name and nine lives. The conversation about Onewhisker and Mudclaw gives way into Brambleclaw being the ThunderClan deputy - and as Squirrelflight appears, Hawkfrost tells her what they were discussing. Again, Onewhisker has to sit at the roots of the tree stump, and cats note how Onewhisker doesn't look like a proper leader.
- As the leaders are confirming the boundaries for sure, Firestar declares that the boundary of ThunderClan and WindClan should be set on the stream, so each Clan will have access to plenty of water, also granting back the stretch of trees Onewhisker offered to ThunderClan. When it is Onewhisker's turn to report the news, he announces that two of the elders were ill, but with ThunderClan's help, they quickly recovered. Leafpaw tells Squirrelflight that he shouldn't have mentioned that, as it made WindClan look like they cannot cope with ThunderClan's help. Squirrelflight replies by saying that maybe they can't. When Leafpaw finds then new Moonpool with Sorreltail, she comes and reports it to WindClan, After Barkface announces that the night after the medicine cat gathering that he will go with Onewhisker to receive his nine lives, a flash of panic is visible in Onewhisker's eyes, and he refuses, saying that they will go later than that, as it is a long trek, and Barkface would be worn out.
- Mudclaw leads a rebellion against Onewhisker, with Hawkfrost aiding him in the process, and ShadowClan and RiverClan warriors come to help - and even some of Onewhisker's Clanmates, two being Webfoot and Nightcloud. As ThunderClan come to help, the cats see Onewhisker and Webfoot wrestling together. Brambleclaw leaps forward to help, but Mudclaw attacks Onewhisker in the same moment. When Firestar appears, Mudclaw taunts him, asking if he thinks it's his Clan and that WindClan will have a new leader, a strong cat who can make the Clan great. Firestar tells him that Onewhisker is the leader of WindClan, and the two cats battle.
- Hawkfrost tells Brambleclaw that Mudclaw persuaded him to join him, promising to leave RiverClan in peace if he got some of his Clanmates to help drive out Onewhisker. Mudclaw, beneath Hawkfrost's paws, tells Hawkfrost to tell him what else he promised - how Hawkfrost came to him and offered his help if Mudclaw made him WindClan's deputy - and helped him take control of RiverClan later. Hawkfrost denies that, and Mudclaw calls him a liar, and when Hawkfrost looks at Brambleclaw, he asks him if he honestly never had any doubts about Onewhisker's leadership. Mudclaw escapes, and a bolt of lightning sends a tree crashing down on Mudclaw, killing him. As the fight breaks up, Brambleclaw notes that Onewhisker has a long gash in his shoulder, and his eyes were hollow with the knowledge that his Clanmates had been traitors, secretly plotting against him. Hawkfrost drags Mudclaw's body up to Onewhisker, reporting that the tree had crushed him and his leadership was safe.
- The cats take Mudclaw's death and the crashing tree as a sign - that StarClan sent the lightning to have the tree crash down on Mudclaw, signaling that Onewhisker was the true leader of WindClan. Onewhisker forgives his Clanmates and the rest of the cats who had taken part in the rebellion, and Onewhisker notes that he is honored to receive his nine lives. At the end of the book, the cats suggest that they could use the tree that had saved Onewhisker's leadership as a bridge to get to the Island, to hold Gatherings there.
- Firestar announces that last night, Onewhisker should have traveled to the Moonpool to gain his lives and his name, adding that his leadership won't be secure unless every one of his Clanmates accept him. Firestar announces that he will lead a patrol to check on WindClan, and Mousefur protests against it, saying that's WindClan's problem. Squirrelflight speaks up, asking that if they risked their lives for Onewhisker, they should make it worth the effort. Brambleclaw, leading the patrol with Squirrelflight, Ashfur, and Rainwhisker accompanying him, catch a WindClan patrol, and when Brambleclaw asks how Onewhisker is, Whitetail corrects him by saying Onestar - proving that he got his name and nine lives. Brambleclaw asks Webfoot to congratulate him for the ThunderClan cats, and Webfoot asks if Firestar thought Onestar wouldn't get his nine lives.
- After Brambleclaw tells Webfoot that he wanted to be sure, Webfoot suggests that he lets WindClan get on with their own lives. Squirrelflight protests hotly, saying that Onestar wouldn't be leader if it weren't for ThunderClan. The leader of the patrol tells her that he wasn't the only cat who believed that Mudclaw was the rightful leader for WindClan - but when the tree crushed him, he knew he was wrong. Squirrelflight tells Ashfur that if Onestar trusts Webfoot, he must have bees in his brain, and that he should better watch his tail. Webfoot dismisses the ThunderClan patrol afterwards.
- When the patrol reports back to camp, Firestar asks if Onewhisker was Onestar now, and Brambleclaw tells him yes. Brambleclaw also tells Firestar that his Clan doesn't seem to think that the two Clans are allies anymore, and Dustpelt tells Brambleclaw that he might not be Onestar's favorite cat since his half brother, Hawkfrost, plotted against him - and that Onestar might think the two of them were working together all along. Brambleclaw, infuriated by what Dustpelt says, reminds him that Onestar forgave all the cats whom had plotted against him, even Hawkfrost. Firestar wants to send a patrol to ThunderClan himself, because he doubts he can trust Webfoot to safely report what was happening in WindClan.
- When a fox is found in ThunderClan's territory, Firestar takes a patrol to WindClan to warn them of the danger. As the cats whom fought the fox, Ashfur, Squirrelflight, and Brambleclaw, are explaining to Onestar, Onestar finishes their sentences, saying that the fox sheltered among some rocks near the foot of a hill, saying that his warriors tracked it and were keeping an eye on it. When Brambleclaw tells him that it is more savage than most foxes, Onestar insists that WindClan can deal with it, and goes on to explain that WindClan can take care of itself. Firestar apologizes for offending him and says that he will see him at the next Gathering, and they leave.
- At the next Gathering, Firestar tells his Clan that Onestar had told him, Leopardstar, and Blackstar that each Clan should have a chance to explore the island before starting the Gathering. When Firestar finds an oak tree to sit on to address the Clans, Onestar leaps on a branch higher than the other leaders so he can look down on them. When it is his time to speak, it is noted by Squirrelflight that there was no trace of uncertainty or nervousness in his eyes when Tallstar had appointed him leader, and it looked like he had led his Clan for many moons. He reports that all was well with WindClan, and that he had traveled to the Moonpool to receive his name and nine lives. Also, he mentions that Ashfoot, Tornear, and Crowfeather drove away a fox from the territory, and that two of WindClan's apprentices were made warriors, Weaselfur and Owlwhisker. When Leopardstar draws a claim to the marshes, Onestar looks as if he would like the marshes to supply the medicine cat of more herbs, but it is mentioned that WindClan already has the largest expanse of territory, and he agrees to let RiverClan have them.
- During another Gathering, after Leopardstar reports of ThunderClan's medicine cat, Leafpool, helping their own medicine cat, Mothwing, during a bout of sickness from poison, and after Blackstar announces that ThunderClan had helped them warn off two kittypets that had been threatening his Clan and even gone as far to kill an apprentice, Onestar jumps to his paws, asking what sort of Clan leaders they were, accepting help from another Clan. He states that ThunderClan should stop paying so much attention to the problems of the other Clans, and they act like they are stronger than the rest of them. When Cloudtail points out that he was grateful for their help when his Clan was starving, Onestar insists that that was different. As wails of protest break from the Clans, Onestar looks up at the moon, and states that no clouds were covering it, and it was shining bright - so StarClan agreed with him.
- When Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight come to the WindClan camp in hope of Squirrelflight's sister, Leafpool, whom was in love with Crowfeather and assumed that she had ran away to WindClan with him, Onestar accuses them of stealing one of his warriors, explaining that Crowfeather hadn't slept in the warriors' den. When Squirrelflight tells her of Leafpool's love for his warrior, Onestar lets out an angry hiss at the fact that a medicine cat had broken the laws of StarClan. Defending her sister, Squirrelflight tells him that medicine cats too have feelings. The cats decide to send out a search patrol to look for Crowfeather and Leafpool, and Onestar does not object when the two ThunderClan cats volunteer to come. However, the patrol does not find any trace of the two cats.
- When badgers attack ThunderClan's camp, Midnight comes and informs WindClan of the attack, and asks for their help. Onestar is one of the warriors in the patrol to help ThunderClan defeat the badgers. Onestar battles a badger with Nightcloud, halting in front of Brambleclaw. When he expresses his shock at how the cats came, Onestar nods, saying that there might be four Clans in the forest, but that doesn't mean they can't help each other. When the battle is over, Onestar explains to Firestar how Midnight asked for their help, and Firestar thanks Onestar, saying that ThunderClan would have been destroyed if they hadn't turned up in time to help. Onestar tells him that he had helped WindClan in the past and it only would have been right if they helped him in return.
- Once more, Firestar thanks Onestar for his help, and he offers to keep a couple warriors at the camp to help ThunderClan until they are strong enough, but Firestar kindly refuses, saying it won't be necessary. After Firestar offers to have some of their warriors be treated by Leafpool, Onestar thinks that they are fit to travel and thanks StarClan. Then, after gathering all of the WindClan warriors and Crowfeather, who had returned to the Clans with Leafpool after running away, he takes them back to camp.
In the Power of Three ArcEdit
- After Firestar gives ShadowClan a barren piece of land, Dustpelt comments that Onestar and Leopardstar looked very interested, adding that they obviously thought that ThunderClan couldn't defend their territory. Onestar starts the Gathering, and reports that WindClan has a new apprentice, Breezepaw. He adds that leaf-bare had been kind to his Clan in the last moon. At the same Gathering, the old ThunderClan warrior, Graystripe, who was thought to be dead, shows up. Blackstar, looks at Graystripes companion, Millie with open hostility, and Leopardstar reminds him to not forget the truce. Blackstar retorts that the truce was for warriors, and Onestar adds that the entire Gathering was for warriors.
- At the Moonpool, Jaypaw spies on Barkface's dream and hears Tallstar tell the tom that he must warn Onestar that dogs are coming with the Twolegs who bring the sheep to the moor. When the dogs come to the moor, ThunderClan sends a patrol to help the WindClan cats trying to get the dogs away from their territory, Brambleclaw asks Firestar if WindClan will accept their aide, and Firestar replies that he thinks that they will, adding that Onestar's no fool. After the cats lead the dogs away, Tornear tells Onestar that they chased the dogs off. After Crowfeather informs Onestar that ThunderClan helped chase the dogs away, Onestar thanks ThunderClan.
- At another Gathering Blackstar blames ThunderClan for a lack of prey, saying that they were weakening Clan blood by letting non-Clan cats to join the Clan, but Onestar tells the cats at the Gathering that Blackstar acts like StarClan should give the cats nothing but blessings. Squirrelflight suggests to the leaders, that they hold a daylight Gathering, to try and ease some tension between the Clans, and Onestar is shown to be keen about the idea.
- At the daylight Gathering, Onestar asks Hollypaw if she's ready for her part in the games. After Hollypaw wins the fighting match against the WindClan apprentice. Heatherpaw, Onestar announces that Hollypaw's the winner. As the daylight Gathering draws to a close, Firestar announces that all of the leaders agreed that the Gathering was a draw, every cat fought and hunted very well. Onestar announces, though, that Heatherpaw shall get the first piece of prey, as she climbed to the top of Sky Oak, As Jaypaw pads away from the Gathering, Onestar says that Jaypaw deserves a special mention above all of the others, and Firestar finishes, telling the Clans how Jaypaw had saved Lionpaw and Breezepaw.
- On the way to a Gathering, ThunderClan starts calling WindClan squirrel thieves. WindClan cats grow angry about this, but Onestar walked on, not acknowledging what the ThunderClan cats were saying. Once WindClan reached the tree-bridge Onestar steps back and lets ThunderClan pass first. Once on the island Onestar asks Leopardstar is she brought her whole Clan to the Gathering. She replies that she did and Onestar is surprised. As she goes on to explain why her Clan had to take shelter on the island, Onestar accusingly asks where they were hunting and RiverClan replied that they weren't on WindClan territory. As the Gathering progresses and each leader gives their report, Onestar says that prey is running well on their territory.
- More Coming Soon
- Onestar appears very briefly when Squirrelflight and Hollypaw go to ask Crowfeather to travel to the mountains and help the Tribe of Rushing Water. Onestar had been on a patrol when they arrived and allows Crowfeather to go with them. He also insists that Breezepaw accompany them on the trip as he is Crowfeather's son.
- Onestar lets his Clan hunt over the border, going through the tunnels to get into ThunderClan territory. Later, he brings his Clan into battle, attacking the ThunderClan camp when they least expect it. He says that ThunderClan isn't the most important Clan in the forest and that every Clan doesn't need their help. He also claims that WindClan isn't weak and they would take all the territory they needed if they wanted to.
- A war is suggested by Firestar out of hostility. When it seems WindClan have been defeated, Onestar's plan comes into action. Three groups split up, one by the border, one by the lake, and one by the abandoned Twoleg house. The war is forced to end as a result of the solar eclipse.
- He appears at a Gathering and is shocked along with the other cats when Blackstar announces that ShadowClan will no longer attend Gatherings. He, along with the rest of the cats present, is shocked at the revelation.
- Firestar escorts a patrol of warriors to WindClan and questions him if any of his warriors saw what happened to Ashfur, he takes it badly as it sounds like Firestar accuses WindClan of murder, and hostility drives him to send them away.
- He, Blackstar, and Leopardstar all go to ThunderClan camp and tell Firestar that if they don't drive Sol out of the territories, they will join together and drive Sol out themselves. He is also seen briefly at a Gathering, agreeing with Leopardstar and Blackstar about hearing what Hollyleaf had to say as she calls out, requesting to speak.
In the Omen of the Stars ArcEdit
- Onestar first appears, early in the book, at a gathering, reporting the death of Barkface, WindClan's medicine cat. He also hints that WindClan had been taking fish from the lake, and adding them to their fresh-kill pile. After Leopardstar states that she will now start sending patrols around the lake, as RiverClan's main source of food is fish, he threatens Leopardstar, saying, that if any RiverClan patrols set foot on WindClan's territory, they will wish they hadn't.
- Firestar convinces him, Leopardstar, and Blackstar to send two warriors each upstream to look for the water from the lake. Onestar agrees, and sends his former apprentice Whitetail and, another warrior of WindClan, Sedgewhisker to represent WindClan.
- Onestar first appears in this book asking Dovepaw how she knows about the dog that injured Sedgewhisker. She lies, saying she heard the dog coming from WindClan territory and guessed, but Onestar is unconvinced. He sends Heathertail and Breezepelt to take Dovepaw and Ivypaw home.
- He then appears at a Gathering reporting about the refilling of the lake, receiving mumbles from Blossompaw saying that he's acting like WindClan did it alone. He then continues by saying he will punish trespassers severely, hinting towards Dovepaw and Ivypaw.
- When Dovepaw uses her senses to hear far away Clans, a WindClan cat asks Swallowtail where Whitetail is. Swallowtail answers that she is sharing Onestar's den for the night.
- Later, Dovepaw says that Onestar is washing, but she is then interrupted by Ivypaw. He is seen at the Gathering reporting news, and when Mistystar reports that RiverClan is healthy, he agrees with her, telling the Clans that WindClan is also healthy.
- Onestar is first mentioned by Antpelt when Antpelt arrives late to the Dark Forest, saying that Onestar sent him on the moonlight patrol. Onestar is the leader that starts the Gathering. He reports that prey is running well and that Whiskernose had been made a warrior. Dovewing, later, tells Ivypool that WindClan must be having trouble with dogs, though Onestar didn't mention it at the gathering.
- Onestar is seen first following Firestar into the tree at the Gathering. He provokes a fight with Firestar, saying that his Clan had seen a trespasser on their territory, and accuses it of being a ThunderClan cat, asking if Firestar was planning an invasion. He argues until Firestar ends the argument, saying that if Onestar had anything to report, he had better say it. Onestar promptly announces two new apprentices, Crouchpaw and Larkpaw, before sitting down. Because of him, not many cats cheer for the new apprentices, and Ivypool thinks of how sad it was that those two apprentices had their special moment ruined because of him.
- Later, Onestar, Crowfeather, and Sedgewhisker tell a ThunderClan patrol to drive away Sol at once, and Onestar is notably aggressive and forceful towards the patrol. He threatens that if Firestar doesn't let Sol go, he and WindClan will have to force him.
- Onestar is first seen at the Gathering, and says that WindClan has had good hunting that season. When the Dark Forest cats' scents are mentioned, Onestar shuffles his paws and admits that his Clan had sensed the scents also. Onestar agrees with the other leaders that there are no signs of cats at the borders, but traces are always deep in the territory. Onestar growls that if rogues could spread scents, then so could a Clan patrol. Onestar glares at Firestar as he leaves the Great Oak.
- Later, Jayfeather crosses through WindClan territory, and Onestar is there. Jayfeather warns the leader to be careful of his warriors. Onestar is outraged, and demands if he thinks his warriors are disloyal. Jayfeather replies simply that cats can be tricked into being disloyal, and leaves.
- When the medicine cats and leaders meet, Onestar agrees to fight the Dark Forest.
In the Field Guide ArcEdit
- Onewhisker shows the visiting cats around the WindClan forest camp. He says that the camp is in the only sheltered place in the territory. The camp is described as a sandy hollow. Onewhisker tells the cats that the elders tell a story that says that the first leader of WindClan, Windstar made the camp from StarClan. He then goes on to say that the warriors of the Clan sleep out in the open under the stars, and that he would go mad if he couldn't see the sky all day and night.
- Onewhisker says that WindClan have a special connection with StarClan; whatever happens, he knows that his ancestors are watching over them. He mentions that dens have been built along the gorse wall for the elders and kits, and that there is a den for the leader behind the Tallrock. However, this den is rarely used as Tallstar often likes to sleep with the warriors under the stars. He also mentions that the Tallrock is where the leader makes announcements. He finishes by saying that an apprentice is calling from the Outlook Rock meaning that there are intruders in the territory.
- He is mentioned briefly twice, in the story "Raid on the Camp!" which is the story of WindClan being driven from their camp by Brokenstar. It is noted he was awoke by Thrushwing.
- Rock tells the kits that Onestar knows about the loneliness that power brings. When Fireheart rescued WindClan from exile, he and Onewhisker were very much alike; young, loyal warriors itching to impress their leaders, so they fostered a friendship.
- This continued to pay off for a while, especially when Fireheart tried to stop the battle between ThunderClan and WindClan; Onewhisker helped convince Tallstar that Fireheart was telling the truth. So Firestar was quite pleased when Tallstar changed his deputy before he died, believing that their friendship would continue when Onestar became leader. However, Onestar now felt like he owed a debt to Firestar rather than a simple friendship and realized that he couldn't stay such good friends with Firestar or it would make the Clan seem weak and lose him respect from his Clanmates, many of whom were already supporting Mudclaw. Now, when he feels he most needs an ally he is forced to remember their friendship, but he is well aware of the fact it cannot continue as it used to.
- In the story, "Too Late for Regrets: Tallstar Explains", Tallstar talks to Bluestar in StarClan, wondering whether he made the right decision to make Onewhisker leader. Stating that Onewhisker would have been as good a deputy as Mudclaw, Tallstar says that Onewhisker will make a great leader. He says he knows that WindClan will be safe under Onewhisker because the tom will have to prove his strength one day, adding that every leader does.
- Onestar introduces the book, having found two kittypets on his territory. Instead of chasing them away, he invites them to learn more about the ways of Clan cats, and brings them to each Clan's camp to learn about the different styles of fighting used by each group of cats.
- When Tawnypelt is talking about the territories, she tells the kittypets how Onestar had to fight for his leadership. She points out the island and says that the log that they use to get across to the island killed Mudclaw, the cat who should have been leader when Tallstar died.
- Onestar is mentioned again when Dapplenose wonders why there are kittypets at a Gathering, and sees Onestar with them.
- Onestar then says farewell to the kittypets. He concludes what battles mean to the Clans and says that battle is not always the answer. He says that warriors will keep passing on their skills to apprentices; heroes will be celebrated, and that battles will always be remembered by the winning side. He says that battling is what it means to be a warrior, and that as long as there are cats by the lake, there will be battles.
In the Short Stories and PlaysEdit
- Onestar appears at the Gathering, where he states that every leaf-bare is hard on the Clans, for his Clan is starving. Later in the play, some of his warriors bring back some fresh-kill that was given to them by Jaypaw, Lionblaze and Hollyleaf, who secretly gave some of ThunderClan's plentiful prey to WindClan to help them survive.
- The Clan cats hold a vote after they gather on the Island: to either have Firestar rule each Clan during the harsh season of leaf-bare, or having individual leaders rule their own Clans. Surprisingly, Onestar votes in favor of having Firestar rule the Clans, openly stating that he hopes Firestar's ideas will bring both Onestar and him back to the old days, where the two leaders were good friends.
- Onestar does not formally appear in Mistystar's Omen, but is listed in the allegiances.
- Onestar does not formally appear in Mistystar's Omen, but is listed in the allegiances.
In the Warriors AppEdit
- It is mentioned in Onestar's profile that he hated the way some of his Clanmates refused to accept him, though he understood their confusion. He blamed Tallstar, and sought him out in a dream to challenge him. When Tallstar refused to apologize for his decision, Onestar fought him. Onestar won, and Tallstar said that the fight had proved that he had made the right choice. Onestar still bears a scar on his ear from that fight.
- In Ultimate Leader Election: Firestar, he is mistakenly mentioned with blue eyes.
- In Cats of the Clans, he is mistakenly shown with a white belly, muzzle and paws.
Please do not edit this gallery
- "You would have died for us. WindClan will never forget that."
- —Onewhisker to Fireheart Fire and Ice, page 66
- "I'm sorry to hear about the fire. I know how bad it is for a Clan to be driven out of its home."
- —Onewhisker sympathizing to Fireheart about ThunderClan Rising Storm, page 310
- "This is as much of a shock to me as it is to you. And I would like you to carry on being WindClan's deputy. I'll need your support and experience every pawstep of the way."
- —Onewhisker offering for Mudclaw to remain deputy of WindClan Starlight, page 126
- "WindClan can deal with it. Many moons have passed since ShadowClan drove us out of our home, but too many cats still see WindClan as the weakest Clan. You act as if we can hardly feed ourselves. But WindClan is as strong as any other Clan and we shall prove it. We do not need help from any cat."
- —Onestar to Firestar, Squirrelflight, Ashfur, and Brambleclaw Twilight, page 66
- "Of course we came. There are four Clans in the forest, but we can still help one another."
- —Onestar to Brambleclaw Twilight, page 315
References and Citations Edit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 3
- ↑ Revealed in The Darkest Hour, page 210
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Revealed in the Warriors App
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Revealed in Starlight, page 119
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Revealed in Twilight, page 27
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in A Dangerous Path, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Starlight, page 131
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 38
- ↑ Revealed in The Sight, page 138
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 64
- ↑ Revealed in Outcast, page 139
- ↑ Revealed in the Warriors App
- ↑ Revealed in The Clans Decide, page 12
- ↑ Revealed in Cats of the Clans, page 48