|Chapter Number:||2 (of 29)|
|Point of View:||Lionpaw|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter two of Outcast. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 2 (of 29)
- Page Numbers: 22-29
- Lionpaw emerges from a patch of long grass. He is on the dawn patrol, with Ashfur and Berrynose ahead of him, discussing something quietly. Berrynose turns and warns Lionpaw to keep up and avoid traps. Lionpaw mutters for him to do so himself. It is noted that Berrynose was acting like a mentor after being a warrior for such a short time, and Lionpaw thinks that he won't do as he says. He falls behind on purpose and spots the entrance to the tunnels, where he used to meet Heatherpaw. He enters it for a moment before Berrynose calls him out. He asks him what he thinks he is doing, to which Lionpaw snaps for him not to order him around. An argument ensues for a moment until Ashfur stops it. The two feuding cats then follow him to continue the patrol.
- Lionpaw is battle training with Poppypaw when he sees Tigerstar and silently thanks him. When he defeats Poppypaw, Ashfur congratulates him, though he doesn't seem to be very happy about it. Lionpaw wonders what he is doing wrong. Thornclaw asks where he learned the move he used to beat his opponent, and Lionpaw lies that he made it up. It is noted that Tigerstar and Hawkfrost visit him often, training him. Poppypaw asks him to teach the move to her, and he does.
- Lionpaw is helping to repair the elders' den. Foxkit and Icekit leap onto the other end of the bramble he is dragging, squealing that ShadowClan is invading. When Whitewing and Cloudtail are alarmed, Lionpaw mews that they are bothering everyone. The two kits proceed to help. However, when they near the den, the two rush over to Mousefur and Longtail, begging to hear a story. Mousefur tells Longtail to do it, as she wants to sleep. He then tells the kits about Tigerstar. Lionpaw listens to the story, and believes Tigerstar to no longer be ambitious now. After deciding that Tigerstar only wants to help him become a better warrior, he leaves camp to get more brambles.
References and Citations
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25 • Chapter 26 • Chapter 27 • Chapter 28 • Chapter 29|