|This page documents a Chatban Appeal|
This appeal was made by Leapkit.
- Date of Chatban: 5/13/12
- Reason for Chatban: I have no idea.
- Comments (Optional): I did nothing, in fact I was attacked and a chat mod, the one who banned me, should be banned. She cussed. She states it was PG but the rules state that no bad language is allowed. And I reported her because she and many other users ganged up against me and were being rude. If you need a witness or someone to side for me ask User:Ivyclaw. Also, she says I hate her. I would be fine if she hadn't cussed and got away with it, banned me for no good reason, and then lied when I told her what she had done was against the rules.
- EDIT TO CLOUDSKYE'S EDIT: It may state that but it was derogatory. You said "Laugh my ass off"Ass means donkey or stubborn. So unless you were laughing your donkey off, it was miss used and inappropraite. That term isn't PG. PG means Parental Guidance and if my mother saw that or yours for that matter, she would be un-happy.
- Issuer of Chatban: Cloudskye
- You were issued a ban for filing false reports, and your actions against other users recently shows that you're not ready to be let back in the chat room. I used the word "ass", which is PG. And the context of when I used the word showed no malice against you or any of the other members of the chat room. I said, and I quote "I'm laughing my ass off at something I found on facebook."
- EDIT: I'd also like to point out that nowhere does it say "no bad language" in the chat rules. It says that all things discussed must be kept PG, which if you look at what I said, then it's clear as day that it //was// within the rules. I was not attacking anyone, nor was the word used in a derogatory manner. — jayce everybody lies. < 23:33,5/13/2012 >
- Chatban Reviewed by: Shelly
I'm going to need screenshots from one of you is this case is to be reviewed. Please post a link to screenshots here. If I can get shots of the entire incident, that'd be best. Shelly For a limited time only 23:45, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
Unfortuatly, I took no shots. Sorry. I wish I would have.--Leapkit 23:47, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
- That's fine. It's not your responsibility to do so, though it would have helped a bit. I'm sure Cloudskye took screenshots of the event in question. Shelly For a limited time only 23:49, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Ok, but the question is, when will she post them. And I would also like to state, I have been contributing like Atelda said.--Leapkit 23:51, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Chill. I know what I'm doing and will judge as fairly as I can. Just sit back and wait a bit. Shelly For a limited time only 23:52, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Ok, and thanks.--Leapkit 23:53, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
Ban Fairness Review
I decided to do this because I was available when Cloudskye poked me to come take a look at this. I jumped strait to processing this as what it really was: A review less for an Appeal and more for a Ban Fairness Appraisal. My results are below.
- The chatroom is rated PG-13. The wiki itself (which can be viewed by anyone) is to be kept to the "G" rating. Cloudy's use of the word "Ass" did not violate any of our policies. In the future, if you feel someone is violating the rules, instead of starting a confrontation, please take screenshots and file a report in the Reporting Center and leave it to people who can either set you strait for handle the situation.
- Also, given your disrespectful treatment of other users (detailed below), actions will need to be taken...:
- Statement to Atelda: I will report the others who yelled at me unless my chat-ban is lifted. (Attempt to Coerce an Administrator)
- Statement to Cloudskye: This Isn't over. I was banned for no reason. I am going to get you banned now. NOW its personal. (Threat/Harassment)
- General argumentative behavior towards Cloudskye via her talk page.
For The record, BTW: As you were banned following the addition of chat ban expiry dates, you are not even eligible for an Appeal (they're used to get chat bans lifted from prior to expiry dates). The proper method would be for your to request a review of your ban via the reporting center.
As for the way you handled yourself in the chat, I've seen a set of screenshots from the incident in question. Staff members, including another admin all attested to the fact that occasional, minor swear words are acceptable under the PG rating of the chat. Your behavior within the chatroom was disruptive (you refused to drop the situation even after the actual rules had been explained to you) and disrespectful towards all others, regardless of rank.
Thus, my call on this one is as follows:
- The chat ban will be metered to 3 months. Your abuse of others should rate you being kicked out for good, but I'm choosing not to. You deserve an opportunity to prove yourself useful (I've decided to throw out the "filing a false report" because the report in question, filed to Wikia, isn't our business to act on. It's wikia. And frankly, they're going to tell you to take it up with the local staff because they don't get into local politics unless they're given no other choice.) This is three times the normal length I would give for Disruptive Behavior, but the extra 2 months are so you have time to consider how others should actually be treated, and to observe better ways of enforcing the rules.
- You will be banned from the wiki for 1 week due to your treatment of others. By rights we should ban you forever, but you're misguided and deserve at least one chance to learn since I don't believe there was true malice in any of what you did. Just a certain sense of misguided duty. in the future, make reports to the staff and let the staff handle things.