The Request for Adminship Process is comprised of 4 distinct steps which will be outlined in this article. Every Request must go through these steps.
Nomination of the User
- This step begins the process and shows the Users' commitment to begin the process.
Nominee's Second Comes Forward
- A Second must step forward explaining why they support the nomination.
- A Second must have been a member of the Wiki for 3 months, with consistent edits in the prior months and may not possess Sysop or Rollback rights.
- This step is intended to illustrate that the Nominee possesses initiative and community Support.
- The current Sysops hold a vote.
- In the case of a tie vote amongst the Sysops, Rollback Users are asked to join the vote. In cases where no Rollback Users vote within 1 week, the tie ends with the RfA Nomination being Unsuccessful. Rollback Users are never eligible to vote in their own RfAs.
- This vote indicates support of the current Sysops and is intended to establish a consensus amongst people with experience with the tools and rights being given out before bringing the vote before those without experience with these tools.
RfA Closed or Passed Into Voting
Unsuccessful RfA Nominations
- Nominations that are not passed are to be Archived.
Passed Into Public Voting
- Nominations that are passed by the Sysop Vote are to be Archived, and an Official Nomination Page will be created for Public Voting.
- Votes will be collected for a period of one week.
- Once voting is closed the Sysops ensure that all votes collected came from Eligible Voters.
- Once Voter Eligibility is established, the Eligibility & Individual Value of each vote is agreed on by the Sysops.
Ending the Process
- RfAs in which the Nominee does not earn Sysop rights will be Archived.
- RfAs in which the Nominee earns Sysop Rights will be Archived and Sysop Rights will be applied to the Nominee.