- Your Strengths:
- I fight vandalism whenever I see it.
- My main focus is the mainspace.
- I am a chatmod and a rollback and I have not abused my rights.
- I am the leader of project books, and have been a lead in every single project so I have an experience with leadership.
- Over the course of 6 years, my proficiency in wiki code has improved. (guys I can code a bot now)
- I know the policies like the back of my hand.
- My social life doesn’t exist so the time someone could spend doing that is the time I spend on the wiki
- Your Weaknesses:
- I have taken leaves of absences without notice and that has affected my performance and that has come in the way of my roles.
- Sometimes if I’m in a bad mood I can take it out on other people, but I’m working to overcome that.
- Debates aren’t really my thing.
- When I first joined the wiki, editing my userpage was literally the thing I did most, so that has affected my editcount.
Hello. My username is Appledash, although I was formerly known as Icestorm123. I’ve been on the wiki for 6 years (stalking for almost 8), so I do know the rules of the wiki and how to follow them. I’ve properly enforced them whenever I see people violating them, and I keep a civil manner and try not to lash out when warning.
I’ve been a rollback for a while, and a chatmod for even longer. I have not abused my powers in anyway, even though people have said I would. I feel as if I have been very responsible with my rights and have used them when I need to.
I’m the leader of Project Books at the moment. I have led Project World, I have been the deputy of Project Reality, I’ve been a senior warrior in Project Characters, and a nomination is currently going on for me to be a senior warrior in Project Character Art, and I’ve been a SW several times there before.
Now, the main issue here is my leaves of absences. Those have occurred when I suddenly lose interest in warriors, or life has come upon me. Right now I do not plan on leaving anytime soon, and jf I do take an absence, I will give a warning. The only time I will disappear without notice is when my computer breaks, and even then I will make a fair effort to edit on my desktop computer. I’ve been working on limiting my disappearances, and at the time they’ve been caused by mental health issues and life in general. I am overcoming those issues and I feel as if they will not interfere with my job on the wiki anymore.
My main focus is the mainspace. You will often see me doing chapter subpages, writing detailed plot summaries, working on character articles, and my next plan is to finish the DOTC cliffnotes. As you can see here, I work very hard on articles so they can reach silver status and so they can be detailed to the best they can be. Do not be fooled, though. I contribute my fair share to projects as well, as you can see on my contributions.
My attitude can sometimes get a little out of hand. I am a little quick to get angered, but I’m working on tempering that and I feel as if I have done a good job. As an admin I think that using those tools given to me that I can aide the admins in making this wiki the best it can be.
In short, I love the wiki. I really do. Now that my interest in warriors is in full swing (and that I’m reading them whenever I get the chance) I know I’ll be sticking around for a good while, and there are no plans of me leaving. I think that with admin tools I help the wiki tons. Thank you for reading this. ❄Appledash❄❤ crowfeather 23:19, September 17, 2015 (UTC)
My second will be Splook.
Icy has dedicated six years of her life to helping this wiki grow. She’s used her 18,000+ edits to contribute to projects, build up the character pages, and really take a responsibility in making every article the best it should be. She’s hardworking, and spends hours on end constructing book pages and subpages. She tirelessly works day in and day out editing, and I myself find that very impressive.
The first thing that will come to most of you all’s minds when you see this is how could Icy be a responsible admin when she’s so prone to snapping at users? I’m here to say that Icy is not ‘snapping’, and she is not mean. She’s merely blunt, which at times, is a good quality to have. You know from Icy’s personality that no one will walk over her, due to her boldness. She will be firm, and lay down the rules easily, and not be a doormat, which sadly happens to those who are too passive.
Icy has proved her responsibility through the leadership of multiple projects and being a member of the staff. She’s the leader of PB, previous deputy of PR, previous senior warrior of PCA and PC, and previous deputy of PW. In short, she’s been a lead in every single project. She’s only not one now due to her stepping down and taking hiatuses. Judging from Icy’s activity, it doesn’t look like she’ll be taking a break any time soon, especially if she is entrusted with the role of admin. She’s extremely dedicated, and will never let up on her lead duties. Icy has a love for this wiki that most people desire.
Lastly, I believe Icy deserves this. She has worked so hard, and come so far, and I believe she deserves the title of admin. She is faithful in her edits, strong in her opinions, but willing to step in and be a leader. Though she may fight for her opinion, she is very understanding and will see things from both points of view. I think she has what it takes to be the admin this wiki deserves, and I wish her all the luck. Splook it's a long way down. 23:33, September 17, 2015 UTC
- Honestly, the only thing that even really would prevent me from voting is Icy's random bouts of vanishing- but, I have a bit of an advantage on that, since she's very easily contactable on Skype. With me working four-six nights out of the week, having another sysop on the team would lessen the stress level of myself and the other staff. There's really only so much I can do on my own time, and tbh, Icy would make a wonderful addition to the admin team. She's basically been here just as long as I have, so if anyone knows what's good for the wiki, I'd think she would. While her views might seem different from what the masses agree on, I know she does everything for the betterment of the wiki, and she's just as much of an edit machine as I am. Giving her access to the tools that Atelda, Kitsu, and I use would be a step in the right direction. The wiki could only be safer with her joining the forefront of it. — Jayce ( 13:01, 9/21/2015 )
- After taking a long while to mull this over, I really cannot 100% say I'm in support of this. I believe this wiki benefits from Icy when she is active with no doubt, however I'm still concerned about hiatuses as it's true that you've only been actively editing since June. Behaviorally, I think you may make mountains out of molehills and would preferably see you on the mellower side, particularly considering how much history you have on this wiki, however that could also come with time. I support you as an editor, but I need to be 100% and unfortunately I'm not. Atelda insert vague subtext here 06:55, September 24, 2015 (UTC)
- Due to a tie between the administrators, this will now go to the next level of voting. Please be aware that is a rollback only vote, meaning those with rollback rights are eligible to vote. Only after that will this open to the public if it should pass.
- I gave this a careful consideration and other than the snappish behaviour I’ve heard about and the risk of disappearance (I have faith Snowed can help with that) Apple is a hard worker and contributes a lot on the articles. She’s not afraid to give her opinion, but is open to other opinions. I can tell you are careful to be gentle on other users and from what I’ve seen, you’re doing well. I think Apple will be a great and dedicated Rollback, so good luck to you!Stealthf🔥re ❤Warriors Forever!❤ 22:54, September 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Due to the aforementioned risk of disappearances, which could prove a problem, I'm choosing not to vote. I agree with the the comments of the others, though, but again, the above problem could prove to be a hinderance. Nevertheless, I believe that it can be handled properly [Stealth mentioned Skye could help out] and considering how votes are at this moment, she'll be getting the spot anyway. Either way, best of luck, Icy. Queen Beebs 09:48, October 2, 2015 (UTC)
This vote shall be opened to the public.
- After considering carefully, I've decided to vote no. I will acknowledge Icy's dedication to the wiki and the hard work she does to make sure our articles are up to date, but her past hiatuses are still a concern, considering that it has happened more than once. The favorism she shows towards certain users is pretty blatant, and some sometimes her attitude can border rude and overreactive. Overall, while she's a valuable editor to the wiki, I cannot say that I fully support her becoming an admin. User:Burntclaw/Sig 02:10, October 5, 2015 (UTC)
- Being an admin on another wiki, I experienced that holding a community together isn't just about editing articles (Appledash is really good at that, and I acknowledge that), but to also acknowledge all users with an appropriate attitude. I know Appledash isn't being mean, she's far from that, but we are a big community, and many users wouldn't take her comments the same way as some of us do. I've noticed that numerous comments sound as if she is overreactive and a tad rude. She's a great editor, but I hesitate on her being promoted into an admin. The hiatuses also are a cause of concern. ~ Fox * 愛してるばんざーい！* 05:23,10/5/2015 05:23, October 5, 2015 (UTC)
- I've known Icy a long time, at least a good three years, and I really do have confidence in her leadership skills. Yeah, she can be blunt at times, and certain people may perceive it as rude, but honestly, not everyone in life is going to sugarcoat everything. Sometimes, being blunt and telling someone what you have to say straight out is a good thing, and I believe that her comments are beneficial in that sense. Even though she has had periods of inactivity, she's come back and from the last few months, shown that she doesn't plan on leaving any time soon. With this position, I believe Icy would be even more of a valuable asset. She has my full support. — 23:58, October 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Honestly, Icy speaks their mind, and i believe that's a valuable characteristic in an admin. Blunt at times, yes, but I'm sure they're never intentionally meaning to come off as hostile. An important part of being an admin is to enforce the rules, and I think Icy gives off an authoritive demeanor that'll be helpful in times they need it. Considering they have had bouts of inactiveness, they have proven how much they care for the wiki as a whole. In these past few months, Icy has worked tirelessly on both the mainspace and PCA- and I see no reason why they don't deserve this. You'll do great! =)~☯ Breeze Five Nights at Freddys 01:39, October 7, 2015 (UTC)
- im having to agree with Burnt and Fox here. The favorism can be a tad over blatant at times, and maybe just a little annoying. Appledashs comments can be a bit blunt and overdramatic, such as when she picks on Splook, and some users here take it the wrong way. Honestly imo im one of those users, but i do know shes trying her hardest to not be so blunt. Shes a good user and a great editor nonetheless, but i really think she could work on her maturity, and possibly in the future, she could be nominated once more Storm♫ 03:25, October 7, 2015 (UTC)
- I believe Icy/Appledash deserves this wholeheartedly. The passion and dedication she has for this wiki is amazing; I've never met anyone else who gets so into it. Of course I'm aware of her disappearances in the past, but I believe this time it's different because I've never seen her get so into this website/book series before. Also, if she gets this position I highly doubt she's going to vanish again. I've known her for a long time and I hope you all know that she isn't blunt all the time and can be one of the sweetest people ever. She can definitely control her attitude and I don't think that's a big issue here. She's definitely long-deserved this. :) --ROO 19:29, October 7, 2015 (UTC)
- Icy has been one of the most active users for the longest time and contributes to /everything/. They preforms good critique, artwork, and can be kind. They can deal with anytype of situation, and knows when something isnt and when something is a joke. They is a serious person when they need to be, and can be someone fun at times. I think they deserves this more than ever. They may have disapeared, like everyone said, but also like Roo said, they arent going to be inactive anytime soon for sure. ∆ bramble//may –––love paint every afternoon 00:38, October 9, 2015 (UTC)
- From what I've seen, Icy is an extraordinary user and their devotion to contributing to this wikia is outstanding. Like the others said before, I'm pretty sure that if they are made an admin, they won't be disappearing. Yes, they can be blunt at times, but I'm pretty sure they will, and probably already have improved a lot. I believe their critique is very helpful regarding something like PCA. They demonstrate knowing when to be serious and are generally compassionate and good-humoured. In the seemingly short amount of time I've known them, I think that undoubtedly, being an admin is perfect for Icy. ~Skiddley Riddley ♫ ♪ 01:54, October 9, 2015 (UTC)
- I wasn't around for Icy's earlier disappearances, so I can't speak for those, but since Icy's come back, I've seen a lot of commenting from her on PCA, a lot of edits, and so forth. She's been around the wiki a long time, and while she can sometimes be blunt, she's definitely put a lot of work into the Wiki, and I believe she would make a good admin. Jayie Unwritten words~ 02:48, October 10, 2015 (UTC)
- I did some thinking, and I think Icy would make a decent admin. The talk about disappearances concerns me a bit, but I haven't been around to see any of those. Shinxy used Thunderbolt! 22:48, October 10, 2015 (UTC)
- Due to incidents involving this user, and her conduct regarding them, this RfA has been nullified at this time. I cannot, in good faith, fully pass this RfA. This matter will be continued at another time. — Jayce ( 02:04, 10/12/2015 )
- Given the past actions of this user, both good and bad, as well as the community stance on this user's rights, a compromise has been reached that concludes that Icy will receive administrator rights with caution of demotion if a hiatus arises or misconduct with a user/users. If you have strong feelings concerning this compromise whether good or bad, please voice it below the line or forever hold your peace.