|CLOSED, SEE #Conclusion|
- Your Strengths:
- I know the policies of the wiki, and often link users to them.
- I get along with most of the users here.
a senior warrior inthe deputy of PCA, and the leader of PB, so I know what it takes to become a lead in a project.
- I'm active, and always online.
- I'm not afraid to speak my mind, despite what others think of me.
- I know a lot about the wiki code.
- Your Weaknesses:
- My opinion leads me to be stubborn and unwilling to deal with others.
- I argue with other members, and that leads to unneeded fights, but we work them out.
As of this moment, I am currently without a stable internet connection, but that will not be for long.Problem fixed, and I'm home now.
- There are times where I let my powers get the better of me, but I am always working to sort out that problem.
- This wiki is one that means a lot to me. Ever since joining in May of 2009, I've always wanted to become an admin. Seeing Kitsu, Eu and the other staff members at the time working to bring this wiki to what it is has always amazed me. I wanted to be a part of that from the moment I laid eyes on this place. It wasn't because I was greedy, but, it was because I loved this place. I've seen the good and the bad of this website, and I know I can only help make it better.
- I get along with most of the members here, and despite the drama that's come from not agreeing with them, I try and compromise for the welfare of the wiki. I try and welcome the new members with open arms, and if they fail to remember something, I lead them in the right direction.
- As a lead in two projects, and one of those being where I am leader altogether, I know what it takes to become someone who holds power over others. I am also a rollback and chat mod, to which I use my limited powers to help the website in any way I can. I often keep an eye on the chat room, keeping the troublemakers (some more then others) out of there, and even though it gains me an enemy or two, in the grand scheme of things, it's only for the good of the website.
- As the editor with the highest edit count, you can clearly see that many of my edits are to improve the quality of the website. I worked hard to get where I am today, and I only plan on working even harder. I won't leave this website anytime soon, and to become an admin here would be a great honor and privilege. I thank you for taking the time to read this small speech, and those that know me know this is only the start of what I could say to prove my worth to the website. — Jayce it's joke < > 21:45, January 28, 2012 (UTC)
My second will be Scarletwind.
- Let's see. Where shall I start? Cloudskye is one of the most senior members of this wiki, she's seen her share of vandalism, heated discussions, and dealt with the equal amount of stress that an Adminship might bring and coped well. And as being one of the more senior members, she has the extra time for the wiki to monitor troublesome users more than a majority of the users.
- She is the wonderful lead of Warriors Wiki:Books as well as a solid, senior member of PCA. In being part of PCA, Cloudskye has gained the experience and gone through the trials of dealing with troublesome users many times over and has come out well. One cannot even begin to make the claim that Cloudy is not dedicated and loves this wiki, which will serve her well as an Admin, as she will be able to love what she does.
- Cloudskye's contributions are usually PCA oriented, but she does her share of contributions to the character, book, and world pages well. She is very involved in project discussions and is always very alert to the wiki's major changes. When she speaks in discussions, she has mature level tone to match her seniority and her care for the wiki and she always acts in a way that she believes will benefit the wiki. As I have stated before, Cloudskye is a wonderfully mature, active, and helpful user who, without a doubt, truly loves and is devoted to this wiki.
Sysop/Rollback Vote (Closed)
- Due to lack of 'op votes, this has been opened for Sysops that that do not have a nomination on the table.
- Den/CoSC 13:59, January 30, 2012 (UTC) Cloudy should definitely end up in the final list of people looked at.
Public Vote (Ends 7 July)
- Please check the Voting Eligibility Rules prior to voting.
- Well you all already know my vote. I've said my thoughts about this enough times. I do not support. I see the good intention behind this, but I've seen no proof it can work. To have this be productive as kit wants it to be, they'd have to both have different opinions and still manage to work together without causing a war. All I've ever seen them do is have different opinions and fight, or avoid eachother. And though avoiding eachother can be good and lessen the drama, what would be the point of putting two people with different opinions together, expecting them to balance eachother out, and then they end up avoiding and ignoring eachother? It'd be unproductive, and they don't need to be admins to have separate opinions yet have nothing to do with the other person.
- Quite frankly, Shelly and Cloudy are like gasoline and fire. Put them together and it's an explosion waiting to happen. Why should we choose to put two people together knowing there will be fights and drama? I understand we can VoNC them at the first sign of trouble, but that'd lead to even more unneeded drama. After losing a bureaucrat and having one inactive admin, we're going to need strong admin(s) to keep this place calm and running well. That's something Shelly and Cloudy can't promise. All putting them together promises is drama, which we really don't need more of. Plus, Atelda already has enough on her hands, she doesn't need to have yet another job monitoring these two to see if they can even remotely get along, or breaking up fights. There's no need to put more work on her shoulders and I believe that is what making these two admins will do.
- Also, admins are supposed to be a source of calmness or wisdom in a way when there's fights or disagreements. If we have half the admins jumping in joining the fight, if not worsening it, it will be counter-productive, and we'll no longer be able to count on the admins to break up or resolve fights.
- I feel that we would be much better off getting a different admin(s) rather than these two. There are plenty other users who are active, and promise varying opinions, just as these two do, but without the promise of drama and fights coming along with it. Plenty of users here can help Teldy out, and help settle the wiki after Kit leaves, and would be active enough to be counted on when Teldy can't be here. The best choice in my opinion would be to get different users in here posting up RfA's, and then choose the best fitted. There are plenty fit. So tell me, why would you choose a second best choice by choosing two users who will clash and argue inevitably? There are advantages, but they in no way, shape or form, outweigh the disadvantages, when we can get users just as good in the admin spot(s) instead. In my opinion, this isn't one of those “Oh we'll just give it a shot and see if it works” type of things. If we give it a shot and it fails, that will cause more stress on Atelda and the wiki as a whole, as well as probably Shelly and Cloudy. There's not a good enough reason to make these two specifically, rather than anyone else, admins and have that risk. It's simply not worth it. There's no spectacular advantage of having these two admins instead of other users that would justify taking that risk.
- So that is my thoughts on this situation. I know I may not be able to change some of your minds, but please at least take into account what I'm saying. I don't think this would be a good idea. 03:53, July 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Copy-pasting is fun. owo
- Originally, I was going to vote yes...I couldn't see any reason not to vote these two users into the admin position. However, Paleh brings up several valid points that must be brought into consideration. Oil and water don't mix. And, yes, Shelly and Skye have both said that they'd put their differences aside- saying is one thing. Doing is a whole different matter. I'm sorry, you two, but I can't say yes to this. Rainlegs 03:59, July 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry, but I'm inclined to agree with Paleh. Though Shell and Cloud may be able to work together, the history proves that they haven't been able to. And as Paleh pointed out^^ we others, or have participated in much fights between two.should let other users have a chance to post RfAs of their own; there are many others also fit for the responsibility of being admins, who want the position, and have not had a large part of their history where they have sided against others a lot, or have had participated in many arguments so actively with another. For what I know, though they can't help it at times, it's best that our admins do not take sides of an argument so actively, which is what have Cloudy and Shelly done towards each other. But I understand that people need to voice their opinions, but it's best to do so without causing much argument and anger... 04:05, July 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Everything's been said. I really can't see these two getting along, and why choose two users that will cause problems (not saying all the time, but eventually) when we could choose new ones? Sorry. oblivionAudience? 04:16, July 1, 2012 (UTC)
- I think we can trust Cloudskye and Shellheart. Let's give them a chance. User:LatteRumor1/Sig
- I've had to re-think my vote over and over, and finally I've come to a decision that these two cannot work together. As individuals they are great contributors to the wiki, and not being given admin rights shouldn't stop them from doing what they do best here. There are other users that can handle this posistion more than I think these two could. Sorry Cloudy and Shelly. :c I'm doing this for the better of the wiki and what users can do good and stay open-sided in arguments and discussions. I do enjoy fun...8D
- Okay, lemme just say that one of the reasons I don't support is because this is all going a bit to fast, I believe. We should discuss whether or not new RfAs could be accepted... 17:47, July 1, 2012 (UTC)
- I've thought about this for a long time, but I just don't think it would work. Cloudy and Shelly are great members of the wiki, and they're both spectacular contributors. I admire both of them, but I think that both of them getting along is near impossible. Whether or not they have admin rights, they won't stop contributing to the wiki. Overall, I think that this is the best decision for the wiki. User:A Cat Named Cheshire/Sig 18:16, July 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Gasoline and fire may not be good combinations at all, but burning/exploding (for a lack of better word...) fire won't (or any fire) be possible in a vacuum. So, pretty much, Shelly and Cloud may not go well together, but when in this position (in this case adminship, which is the vacuum), they should not and won't...argue (explode)...
- Bad wording, but hopefully y'all get my point. So, I change my vote. 18:48, July 1, 2012 (UTC)
- I agree with Stoney, they might have had a history of fighting, but I think under these circumstances they will make the descision to put their differences aside and I think they will be great admins. -Ducksauce 18:51, July 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Due to the fact that this vote wasn't shared publicly, never was advertised, and only those involved directly in the VoNC even knew about this, I'm going to discuss with Atelda (when she's back from vacation) about having a properly public vote. This is not a vote of the public. There's ONE none-staff vote on this. Do not consider this a binding result at this time. Den/CoSC 18:57, August 2, 2012 (UTC)
- I apologize if I'm incorrect, but I don't remember advertising RfAs before. Or even RfCMs or RfRs. They were just left on the RfCM talk page, and RfR's/RfA's were just left on the pending pages (and Near Success pages for RfA's). And suddenly, now we have to advertise it? If we had to advertise, maybe we should've been told before than just suddenly. Past RfA's were open to public vote just like this one - I checked. Could you explain exactly why specifically Shelly's and Cloudy's RfA's have to be advertising. I mean no offense in this comment. 14:27, August 3, 2012 (UTC)
- While it may not be a binding result at this time, this RfA has been opened long after it's been required to, and I would consider it closed so we can move onto the next course of action. Atelda insert vague subtext here 16:03, September 3, 2012 (UTC)
With six votes of against and only two votes of support, Cloudskye will not become an administrator on this wiki due to lack of community support. Atelda insert vague subtext here 22:36, September 22, 2012 (UTC)