|"Not like this one, he is as large as a horse. He has tusks as thick as sycamore branches and a fleece of black hair as sharp as thorns. He killed one of our apprentices."|
|— Goldenstar about Rage in Secrets of the Clans, page 162|
|Living:||Secrets of the Clans|
Rage is a giant, male wild boar with thick tusks and black fur.
In the Field Guide ArcEdit
- In the Great Clan myth, "How LeopardClan Won the River", there were many wild boars running in the forest, one of them being Rage, but Rage however is much more vicious and large, with huge tusks, as thick as sycamore branches, and a fleece of black hair as sharp as thorns. He was also mentioned to have killed one of the apprentices of the Clan of lions, LionClan.
- Fleetfoot, a LeopardClan warrior, agrees to kill Rage in exchange for LionClan's claim to the river for one moon. Fleetfoot follows the boar's scent trail until she finds it. Rage is under a tree, nosing at the ground. She charges him, frightening the boar away, and chases him as he runs. Rage runs so fast that, when he gets to the gorge, he cannot stop himself, and flies over the edge. The LeopardClan warrior jumps into the river after him, and pins him underwater, drowning him.
- Fleetfoot is washed up on the shore of the river, cold and tired. But, Fury, Rage's mate, attacks an already exhausted Fleetfoot. The two fight for three days, but in the end, Fleetfoot chases Fury onto the stepping stones, where she loses her footing and falls into the river, where she meets her death.
- "She leaped at him with a ferocious yowl, and the boar, started, turned and ran."
- —Narration of the beginning of Fleetfoot's chase Secrets of the Clans, page 163
- "Fleetfoot chased Rage through the forest, leaping fallen trees, dodging bushes, staying close on his heels."
- —Narration Secrets of the Clans, page 163