|"I always thought Ratscar looked a bit shifty. I'm not surprised he's here."|
|— Ivypool's thoughts about Ratscar in Sign of the Moon, page 129|
|Living:||Tigerclaw's Fury, Eclipse, Long Shadows, Sunrise, The Fourth Apprentice, Fading Echoes, Night Whispers, Sign of the Moon, The Forgotten Warrior, The Last Hope|
In the Power of Three Arc
- Ratscar does not formally appear in Eclipse, but is listed in the allegiances.
- Ratscar does not formally appear in Long Shadows, but is listed in the allegiances. He now has an apprentice, Shrewpaw.
- Ratscar does not formally appear in Sunrise, but is listed in the allegiances.
In the Omen of the Stars Arc
- Ratscar does not formally appear in The Fourth Apprentice, but is listed in the allegiances. His apprentice, Shrewpaw, is now listed as a warrior, Shrewfoot. Ratscar is also mentor to another apprentice, Pinepaw.
- Ratscar is seen on a patrol with his apprentice, Pinepaw, and two other warriors, Crowfrost and Tigerheart, when a ThunderClan patrol accuses them of crossing the border. He tells the patrol that no ShadowClan cat has crossed the border and he asks if they're trying to trick them into a fight, to which they reply they were not. When the patrol returns to the ShadowClan camp he is seen reporting to Blackstar. At a Gathering he is seen pacing around his Clanmates, after WindClan and ShadowClan started arguing about borders. He is later seen on a patrol with Toadfoot and they find Firestar, Brambleclaw, and Jayfeather when they come to talk to Blackstar. Ratscar is also one of the cats to escort Firestar, Jayfeather, and Brambleclaw back to the ThunderClan border.
- He is later fighting in the battle between ShadowClan and ThunderClan. He tries to fight Ivypaw, but Ivypaw beats him with the help of Blossomfall. Later, in the battle Lionblaze is seen pinning him against a tree. After the ShadowClan deputy, Russetfur, dies Thornclaw shakes him from his back, telling him that the battle was won. It is noted that his apprentice, Pinepaw, is sick for a small period of time, and she also appears fighting in the ThunderClan/ShadowClan battle.
- Ratscar is beside Rowanclaw after the battle with ThunderClan as they set Russetfur beside her newly dug grave. He is then seen asking how they were supposed to fight cats who flew from the trees like a bird. When Rowanclaw, Oakfur, Ferretpaw, and Pinepaw are practicing some new battle tactics he calls out to his apprentice, Pinepaw, and tells her she is doing well.
- Ratscar is then seen heading out of the ShadowClan camp with Snowbird and Oakfur on a patrol. Later, Dovepaw uses her senses to find Tigerheart and he is a member of Tigerheart's patrol. He is then seen asking Flametail if he needed any help looking for herbs, and he then offers to tell Flametail where Pinepaw fell into the snow, as Flametail thinks there might be fresh herbs there. Later, Rowanclaw asks him to lead a hunting patrol. When the ShadowClan notice that Ivypaw is in their camp as a prisoner, he asks if she was alone. He is then seen watching his Clanmates play on the frozen lake.
- Ratscar is seen training in the Dark Forest. He is told by Hawkfrost to attack Blossomfall when she begins training with them, Ratscar is winning the fight when Ivypool intervenes. Ivypool thinks that it's not surprising that he is there, as he had always seemed a bit shifty.
- Ratscar's apprentice, Pinepaw, has become a warrior, receiving the name Pinenose.
- Ratscar is seen in the Gathering where Dawnpelt accuses Jayfeather of murdering Flametail. He calls out and asks Jayfeather if he is sure he wasn't just helping the water kill Flametail.
- He goes on patrol with Stoatpaw in which Lionblaze comes up to the border to provoke a fight. Ratscar sends Stoatpaw forward first making Lionblaze stare in dismay, sending Stoatpaw reeling, insulting Ratscar. Ratscar then battles Lionblaze inflicting several wounds on Lionblaze, who does nothing to defend himself.
- Later, in the battle with the Dark Forest, he appears at in the head of a patrol, in the ShadowClan camp. Lionblaze tells him to move forward just one claw-length at a time. He fights with Shredtail, who calls him a traitor. Shredtail pins Ratscar to the ground but is thrown off by Snowbird, declaring that Ratscar is not a traitor, and it is revealed that she is his sister. Shredtail then tells her that her brother has been training in the Dark Forest. Shredtail summons Redwillow to fight Ratscar, but Redwillow is killed by Blackstar.
In the Novellas
- When Tigerclaw explains how he chose to leave ThunderClan, Ratscar inquires if he was speaking of Fireheart. Ratscar is then shown flexing his claws, to check their sharpness. When they are about to go hunting, Tigerclaw suggesting going near ThunderClan, and Ratscar and Russetfur brace their shoulders. While he is present, Ratscar claims that it scents like pleasant hunting. When Tigerclaw reasons on attacking another Clan, Ratscar protests that they weren't strong, and didn't desire to take over ThunderClan's territory, nor hunt their prey. Once Tigerclaw kicks Runningwind's corpse, Clawface, Russetfur, and Ratscar plunge into the elder bush, and race back. When Fireheart is about to attack Tigerclaw, Ratscar is among the cats Blackfoot brings. When Nightstar dies, Ratscar claims that they would be pounced on like rats when the Clans would hear of Nightstar's death.
- Ratscar does not formally appear in Hollyleaf's Story, but is listed in the allegiances.
- Ratscar does not formally appear in Mistystar's Omen, but is listed in the allegiances.
- He has been mistakenly described with russet fur.
- In The Last Hope, during the battle with the Dark Forest, he is expressing confusion at the cats and says, "Who are they? I've seen cats who I thought were dead!", despite the fact he was training in the Dark Forest. Though he may have said it to cover up for the fact that he was training there.
- He is mistakenly called Rowanclaw in The Last Hope.
- The scar on Ratscar's back is what gave him his warrior name. 
Please do not edit this gallery
- "But we're not strong. And we don't want to take over ThunderClan's territory or hunt their prey."
- —Ratscar protesting against Tigerclaw's words Tigerclaw's Fury, page 6
- "Are you trying to trick us into a fight?"
- —Ratscar to a ThunderClan patrol Fading Echoes, page 93
- "Don't think I'll go easy on you just because you're a apprentice."
- —Ratscar to Ivypaw Fading Echoes, page 280
- "How in the name of StarClan can we fight cats who swoop from trees like owls?"
- —Ratscar after the battle with ThunderClan Night Whispers, page 63
- "They never told me they were training me to destroy my own Clan!"
- —Ratscar to Snowbird and Lionblaze The Last Hope, page 279
References and Citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Revealed in Starlight, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Twilight, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in an unknown book, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in an unknown book, allegiances
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Revealed in an unknown book, chapter 5
- ↑ Revealed in an unknown book, page 91
- ↑ Revealed in an unknown book, page 132
- ↑ Revealed in an unknown book, page 49
- ↑ Revealed in an unknown book, page 277
- ↑ Revealed in an unknown book, page 223
- ↑ Revealed in an unknown book, page 279