Ray Shappell was a graphic designer at HarperCollins Children's Books and is now currently employed at RandomHouse publishing and occasionally working as a freelance artist.
- Ray Shappell was born and raised in Sewell, New Jersey. He graduated from Clearview Regional High School of Mullica Hill, NJ in 2000 and moved to Brooklyn to pursue a degree in art and design at Pratt Institute. He received his Bachelors of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) in communication design May 2004 from the Pratt Institute, but continued to occasionally teach at his alma mater between 2004-2006. In 2006, Shappell was awarded a gold medal for the Council of Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) for individual institutional.
- Shappell began working freelance in 2005 and has continued since. Between February and December of 2006, he worked for an advertising company known as McGarryBowen where he worked with clients such as Verizon, Chase, Reebok, Wall Street Journal, and Disney. He worked at HarperCollins Publishers as a graphic designer specializing in book design from December 2006 to April 2014. From there, he began work at RandomHouse in the children's book creating the concept and designing jackets for teen and young adult novel series.
- Shappell designed the book jacket for Firestar's Quest in the Warriors series. His other works include:
- Placebo Junkies
- Illuminate: The Illuminate Files_01 
- This Way Home
- Dorothy Must Die
- Guy in Real Life 
- Crash and Burn
- I Am Number Four
- The Scar Boys
References and Citations
- ↑ Revealed on designrelated.com
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Revealed on Ray Shappell's facebook
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Revealed on Ray Shappell's resume
- ↑ Revealed on the inside right flap of Firestar's Quest
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Revealed on rayshappell.com
- ↑ Information from linkedin.com
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.6 7.7 7.8 7.9 Revealed on rayshappell.com
|Real-Life Persons involved with Erin Hunter's Warriors series|
|Authors and Editors||Victoria Holmes • Erica Sussman • Kate Cary • Cherith Baldry • Tui Sutherland|
|Illustrators||Wayne McLoughlin • Bettina Kurkoski • Don Hudson • James Barry • Owen Richardson • Allen Douglas • Dave Stevenson|
|Jacket Designers||Megan Stitt • Karin Paprocki • Ray Shappell • Hilary Zarycky|