- Below contains in-depth information for chapter four of Rising Storm. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 4 (of 30)
- Page Numbers: 46-55
- Fireheart is dreaming, and hears paw steps coming towards him. Spottedleaf emerges from the forest, but instead of her usual greeting, she walks away from Fireheart. He calls out to her and follows her, but other cats from ThunderClan emerge from the surrounding forest as if to stop him. He hears their mews and they become louder and louder until they drown out his cries. Whitestorm wakes him from the dream and mews that Mousefur and Longtail were waiting to go on patrol, and that Bluestar wanted to see him. Fireheart tells him to tell the patrol he’ll be with them as soon as he can.
- As Fireheart heads to his leader’s den, he wonders why she would want to see him so early. When he enters, Bluestar is pacing excitedly around her den. She tells him she must go to the Moonstone, and Fireheart asks if she is up to the journey. She insists that she must go to the Moonstone and that Whitestorm will be in charge while they are away. When asked if any other cats will come with them, Bluestar questions if Fireheart will protect her. He solemnly replies that he will, and she tells him to go receive traveling herbs from Yellowfang, as they are going that morning, despite the threats from WindClan and ShadowClan.
- As Bluestar goes to Yellowfang's den, Fireheart goes to Mousefur and Longtail to tell them that he won't be on the dawn patrol. They question him about going alone with their leader, and doubt his strength. Whitestorm then interrupts and defends Fireheart before offering to lead the patrol. Fireheart blinks gratefully at him and leaves Whitestorm in charge while he is away.
- Fireheart then enters Yellowfang's den to retrieve his traveling herbs. He is interrupted by Cinderpelt, who asks Yellowfang which herb is chamomile. Yellowfang's hisses that she should know and points it out to her. When Fireheart comments that chamomile isn't a traveling herb, Yellowfang replies that she was trying to add it to Bluestar's herbs without telling the whole camp to give her physical strength and to soothe her heart. She then snaps at Cinderpelt to stop worrying about the past and to stay in the present.
- Cinderpelt finishes mixing the herbs and gives them to her leader, while Fireheart goes and eats his. Then, the two leave the camp for Highstones. As Fireheart runs towards the entrance, Cloudpaw stops him and asks if he can come. Fireheart tells him to go collect his pigeon from the day before. Cloudpaw replies that an owl probably took it away, which earns him a scolding from Fireheart. Then, Fireheart asks Runningwind to take Cloudpaw hunting, and he reluctantly agrees. Cloudpaw protests, but Fireheart ignores him and races after Bluestar.
References and citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Revealed in Rising Storm, page 46
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Revealed in Rising Storm, page 48
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Revealed in Rising Storm, page 47
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Revealed in Rising Storm, page 52
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Revealed in Rising Storm, page 54
- ↑ Revealed in Rising Storm, page 51
- ↑ Revealed in Rising Storm, pages 54-55
|Rising Storm chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25 • Chapter 26 • Chapter 27 • Chapter 28 • Chapter 29 • Chapter 30|