|"Sorry! I know I talk too much but I just want to be the best apprentice. I'm so glad you're my mentor. You're the strongest cat in RiverClan, except Rippleclaw, but he's old—not an elder or anything—but you're younger and you remember what it's like to be a 'paw."|
|— Sedgepaw to Crookedjaw in Crookedstar's Promise, page 343-344|
In the Super Edition Arc
- She receives her apprentice name, Sedgepaw, and her mentor, Crookedjaw. She seems very enthusiastic and talks a lot. Crookedjaw mentions that he wishes that he had been that eager with his former mentor, Cedarpelt. When they get ready to take the new apprentices out, Beetlenose boasts about how his apprentice, Reedpaw, would be the best warrior the Clans have ever seen, and he asks Crookedjaw if Sedgepaw would ever become a warrior. Crookedjaw says that he was simply going to train Sedgepaw the best he can.
- Crookedjaw, Oakheart, and Beetlenose tour the territory with their apprentices. Hitting Crookedjaw with a flurry of questions, Sedgepaw is shown to be cheerful, eager, and full of energy. Later on, while she is training alone, Sedgepaw is able to land on a finch and kill it after other attempts have failed. Soon after, she is seen sitting in the apprentice's den, staring at the finch to see who will choose it as it is her first catch. After Crookedjaw is chosen by Hailstar to be the new deputy, she is excited to be the deputy's apprentice.
- After moons of training, Sedgepaw becomes a warrior. Her warrior name is Sedgecreek, while her littermates, Loudpaw and Reedpaw, become Loudbelly and Reedtail. She is mentioned to be eager of proving that she is worthy of her full name when ThunderClan warriors cross the stepping stones.
- Sedgecreek takes part of the patrol that goes to collect dry bedding. On the way, they encounter a Twoleg barn, where rats appear and battle the bedding patrol. Her leg gets injured by a rat. Crookedjaw sees this and fusses over her, but Brambleberry pushes him away and asks for cobwebs. Rippleclaw and Timberfur go to gather them, but Owlfur's news of Hailstar distracts them and when he dies, she grieves with the rest of the Clan.
Please do not edit this gallery
= Gender Unknown
- "What else do we hunt? Do we hunt mice like ThunderClan or rabbits like WindClan? Have you eaten rabbit? What does it taste like? Did Willowbreeze eat it when-"
- —Sedgepaw bugging Crookedjaw Crookedstar's Promise, page 341
- "When will I learn to catch a fish? What's the best fish to catch? What was your first fish?"
- —Sedgepaw pestering Crookedjaw again Crookedstar's Promise, page 343
- Sedgepaw: "I'll get it this time!"
- Reedpaw: "If it doesn't get you first."
- Crookedstar's Promise, page 348
- "He could use all the help he could get with Sedgepaw. She had so much enthusiasm; it was painful watching her fail every task by a whisker."
- —Crookedjaw about Sedgepaw Crookedstar's Promise, page 348
- "I'd rather fight beside my Clanmates."
- —Sedgepaw after Mudfur's fight with Adderfang Crookedstar's Promise, page 377
|Sedgepaw's Apprentice Ceremony|
References and Citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 259
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 338
- ↑ Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 405
- ↑ Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 337
- ↑ Revealed in Crookedstar's Promise, page 292