|Sign of the Moon|
|Chapter Number:||22 (of 22)|
|Point of View:||Jayfeather|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter twenty two of Sign of the Moon. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 22 (of 22)
- Page Numbers: 289-297
- Jayfeather tells Stoneteller that the Tribe will always be loyal to the Teller of the Pointed Stones. He tells the healer he must return their loyalty by choosing his successor, that his descendants would survive if they were given hope now. Stoneteller tries to tell him that it was too late, that his ancestors were no longer watching over them. Some of the Tribemates are confused at their healer, not knowing what he meant. Bird tells them all to calm down, and that Stoneteller was very troubled.
- Jayfeather travels to the Tribe of Endless Hunting, seeing Fall, Slant, Rain, Owl Feather, Stone Song, and Rising Moon. They dip their heads to him. Making him wonder if Half Moon was there or if she had faded. He didn't see Jay's Wing, Dove's Wing or Lion's Roar. Jayfeather then realizes that that is because they live on in their reincarnations, Dovewing and Lionblaze, back in ThunderClan. He meets Cloud, telling Jayfeather that she was the mother of the current Stoneteller, and that it was his turn to join the Tribe of Endless Hunting. Jayfeather is told to name the new Stoneteller because he had named the first one.
- Jayfeather wakes up in Stoneteller's den when he is dying. Wing comes in and finds Jayfeather beside Stoneteller's body. He tells her he named a successor before he had died. Bird comes in and wishes him farewell. Jayfeather names Crag the new Stoneteller. After everyone is done greeting the new Stoneteller. Half-Moon tells Jayfeather he had chosen well. She tells him she would wait forever for him and calls him Jay's Wing.
- The end of the stars draw near, three will become four, to challenge, the darkness that lasts forever.[source?]
- Half Moon's name is mistakenly spelled as 'Half-Moon'.
References and Citations
|Sign of the Moon chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22|