|Sign of the Moon|
|Chapter Number:||8 (of 22)|
|Point of View:||Lionblaze|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter eight of Sign of the Moon. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 8 (of 22)
- Page Numbers: 103-108
- Lionblaze is on a hunting patrol with Cinderheart, Birchfall and Leafpool. Birchfall wonders why Jayfeather went to the mountains. Clearly upsetting Lionblaze because he didn't get to go. Birchfall goes on and on about the journey from the forest. Lionblaze splits up the hunting patrol to get away from Birchfall and his stories. Cinderheart and Lionblaze hunt together.
- She starts into a destiny talk. During the conversation, Cinderheart spots a blackbird. She kills it and realizes that it had moss in it's beak. She gets all worked up about it never getting to lay it's eggs or go back to its mate. She is sad that she'll never had a mate and kits because Lionblaze had a really big destiny, that he was too special for her.
- Leafpool and Jayfeather have a talk about if it was Jayfeather's destiny to go to the mountains. Leafpool tells him that destiny wasn't a path that sometimes the heart speaks the loudest.
References and Citations
|Sign of the Moon chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22|