|"We don't know how to get our own food. Will you help us, please?"|
|— Socks asking Scourge for food in The Rise of Scourge, page 72|
In the Field Guides
- Socks is only briefly mentioned on his brother, Scourge's page. Socks and Ruby both scorned their littermate and, in an attempt to prove himself equal to them, he left their home through the backyard fence and went off into the woods beyond.
In the Stand-Alone Manga
- Socks is introduced by Tiny along with their sister, Ruby. They are the kits of Quince and Jake. Socks and Ruby are playing hide and seek in their basket. While Ruby is looking for Socks, she knocks Tiny over in the process, and he and his sister are seen laughing together. But Quince catches them in the act and tells them not to play so rough with their little brother.
- Socks and Ruby often harass their brother, Tiny, knocking him over and taunting him because of his small size, giving the impression they aren't very fond of Tiny. Though they are scolded by their mother just as often as they harass Tiny, they still continue to taunt and insult him. Socks does not believe him when he says that he went into the forest and had supposedly found a giant beast, attacked a huge leaf, climbed a giant tower and fought a giant bird, then caught a fox and ate it. He and Ruby laugh it up, then they start to get very angry with Tiny, saying they know he is lying about his little journey.
- Quince tells Socks and Ruby about the Twolegs who will be coming to their nest, looking for a new kitten, so Socks and Ruby need to behave and act cute, so they might get picked. When the Twolegs do come, Socks and Ruby play with a ball of yarn, but Tiny knows it is all an act, thinking that they do not fool him. Tiny does not want to pretend, so he just hides under a table. But the Twoleg kit adores Socks and Ruby, and starts to play with them, rubbing their bellies and tickling them under their necks.
- Later, after Scourge becomes leader of BloodClan, Ruby and Socks' Twolegs move, and abandon them on the streets. They become extremely emaciated and starving, but manage to find their brother. They beg Scourge for food, and he asks them why he should, claiming it was not his fault if they were too stupid or weak to find food, and that his own cats hardly had food. Ruby tells him they are his littermates, and asks him if blood means anything to him at all. He, bent on revenge because of their past behavior toward him, gives them a scathing lecture about how blood does actually mean something to Scourge, but only the blood of his enemies as it seeps out of their wounds. Socks seems terrified of starving because of his brother. Scourge lets them have some food before he orders his cats to chase them off BloodClan territory and warns them that they are not welcome there.
- Socks is still alive as of the fifth Erin Hunter chat.
Please do not edit this gallery
- Unnamed kits: Status Unknown
- Four unnamed kits: Status Unknown
- Jayfeather: Living (As of River of Fire)
- Lionblaze: Living (As of River of Fire)
- Dewnose: Living (As of River of Fire)
- Snowbush: Deceased, Residence Unknown
- Alderheart: Living (As of River of Fire)
- Juniperkit: Deceased, Residence Unknown
- Hollyleaf: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Whitewing: Living (As of River of Fire)
- Ambermoon: Living (As of River of Fire)
- Sparkpelt: Living (As of River of Fire)
- Dandelionkit: Deceased, Residence Unknown
- Dovewing: Living (As of River of Fire)
- Ivypool: Living (As of River of Fire)
- Leafshade: Living (As of River of Fire)
- Honeyfur: Living (As of River of Fire)
- Hollytuft: Living (As of River of Fire)
- Sorrelstripe: Living (As of River of Fire)
- Spotkit: Living (As of River of Fire)
- Flykit: Living (As of River of Fire)
- Larksong: Living (As of River of Fire)
- Fernsong: Living (As of River of Fire)
- Snapkit: Living (As of River of Fire)
- Lightkit: Living (As of River of Fire)
- Pouncekit: Living (As of River of Fire)
- Thriftkit: Living (As of River of Fire)
- Bristlekit: Living (As of River of Fire)
= Gender Unknown
- "But Mama, he's such a little pipsqueak!"
- —Socks about Tiny The Rise of Scourge, page 15
- Socks: "Ah ha ha ha ha...climbed a giant tower he says..."
- Ruby: "And don't forget the giant bird! Hee hee hee...you're too little to have big adventures like that, Tiny!"
- The Rise of Scourge, page 22
References and citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Revealed in The Rise of Scourge, page 73
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Revealed in The Rise of Scourge, page 3
- ↑ Revealed in The Rise of Scourge, page 6
- ↑ Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 5
- ↑ Revealed in The Rise of Scourge, page 4
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Revealed on Vicky's Facebook page
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 111
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 116
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Revealed in Pinestar's Choice, chapter 5
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 509
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 230
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 191
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 Revealed in Sunrise, page 217
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 Revealed in The Last Hope, page 216
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 15.3 Revealed in The Apprentice's Quest, page 9
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Revealed in Sunset, page 317
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 Revealed on Kate's Blog
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, page 478
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 19.2 19.3 Revealed in River of Fire, allegiances
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 Revealed in Tigerheart's Shadow, page 187
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 Revealed in River of Fire, page 203