|"Brambleclaw, I'm sorry. You have to understand I never intended to hurt you. I loved you, and was proud to raise these kits with you. You were a wonderful father."|
|— Squirrelflight to Brambleclaw in The Last Hope, page 201|
Squirrelflight is a small, light-framed, flame-colored dark ginger she-cat with brilliant, forest green eyes, one white paw, short legs, a torn ear tip, sturdy muscles, glossy fur, and a long, squirrel-like, bushy tail.
In the Super Edition Arc
- Firestar visits his new kits, Squirrelkit and Leafkit, a few days after they are born. Firestar remarks that he cannot believe how beautiful they are. Together, Firestar and Sandstorm name their daughters. Squirrelkit is named for her bushy, squirrel-like tail, and Leafkit is named after Leafstar and possibly Spottedleaf. Brightheart and Cloudtail's daughter, Whitekit, is shown to be very protective of both Squirrelkit and Leafkit, though Brightheart tells her that they are too young to play with her at that time, as they still have not opened their eyes. Firestar remembers the prophecy given to him by Skywatcher and wonders whether the cats with so much power will be the kits of his precious daughters.
- Coming Soon
In the New Prophecy Arc
- Squirrelpaw's mentor, Dustpelt, asks Brambleclaw to take her out on a few hunting patrols because he is very busy since Ferncloud had her kits. It is noted that Brambleclaw is dismayed at this, and thinks that Squirrelpaw is very stubborn and annoying. However, Brambleclaw agrees and goes to take her on a hunting patrol. He decides to hunt at Sunningrocks, to which Squirrelpaw strongly disagrees, saying that there will be no prey there because of the heat. They start to argue and Squirrelpaw says that they should hunt at a stream near Fourtrees. Brambleclaw grudgingly sees she's right, but would rather die then tell her. They begin to argue again and Sandstorm comes and splits them up and punishes them. She sends Brambleclaw on a different patrol and tells them both to work on their attitude.
- Later, she sneaks out of camp to follow Brambleclaw, Thornclaw, and Ashfur on a patrol. Brambleclaw notices her and yells at her, telling her that she shouldn’t be there. Thornclaw tells them both to stop and asks Squirrelpaw if she has a message, to which she replies no. She says that she wants to go on a patrol because Dustpelt had promised her training, but is always with Ferncloud, and adds that she hasn't been on patrol in "ages." Ashfur tells her that Dustpelt won't be with Ferncloud as much since the kits opened their eyes, and that she might be in trouble if she doesn't go back right away. Thornclaw starts to tell her to go back, but she gets angry and starts to talk back to him. She then apologizes. Eventually, Thornclaw lets her come with them, stating that it would be much more dangerous for her to go back alone, much to the annoyance of Brambleclaw. While out on patrol, they come across the scent of badger, and Squirrelpaw immediately dashes up to the cave where the dogs had once been. Thornclaw scolds her, asking if she's listened to Dustpelt at least once. The badger then appears, and Brambleclaw tells Squirrelpaw to run. She hesitates, and Brambleclaw thrusts her toward the trees. After the badger goes into the cave, she immediately wants to fight it, but Thornclaw tells her never to attack a badger in its own den. Ashfur thinks the badger is the same one that had killed Willowpelt last leaf-bare. When she gets back, Dustpelt is furious that Squirrelpaw left camp without being told, and makes her look after the elders for the rest of the day. When she goes to help them, Frostfur tells her stories of Firestar and when he got into trouble many times as an apprentice and warrior.
- The next day, Squirrelpaw and Brambleclaw get into another argument about whether ShadowClan or WindClan will attack. Firestar angrily splits them up and tells them to stop acting like kits, and sends Brambleclaw on a patrol with Dustpelt and Squirrelpaw. Along the way, Squirrelpaw is seen trying to make friends with Brambleclaw, much to his relief. While they patrol, they encounter three WindClan cats: Mudclaw, Crowpaw, and Onewhisker on their border. Squirrelpaw sees them holding a vole and she rudely accuses them of stealing it. Onewhisker calmly replies that it was from RiverClan. He kindly apologizes to Dustpelt and they leave.
- When Brambleclaw goes to meet the other cats that had the dream from StarClan, Squirrelpaw follows him secretly. He tells her to go home, but she threatens and pesters him, so he eventually gives in. When the other cats arrive, she learns about the dream from StarClan and great danger coming, and she can hardly believe it. She remains excited about it and Brambleclaw makes her promise not to tell Firestar, to which she agrees. When she returns to camp, she lies to Leafpaw about where she had been.
- A few days later, when Leafpaw and Cinderpelt are out gathering herbs, Cinderpelt receives a vision of a burning tiger. She tells this to Firestar and he interprets it as fire and tiger destroying the forest, meaning Squirrelpaw, the daughter of Firestar, and Brambleclaw, the son of Tigerstar. They decide to keep Squirrelpaw and Brambleclaw separate for a while. However, they both notice and talk to each other about it when Firestar and Graystripe find them. Firestar yells at them for being together, much to their dismay. Squirrelpaw then tells Brambleclaw that she wants to go on the journey, and he agrees. They leave and spend the night in an abandoned Twoleg monster. In the morning, they start to leave, but Leafpaw finds them. Brambleclaw accuses Squirrelpaw of telling Leafpaw, but both she-cats tell him that she didn’t. Before they leave, Leafpaw explains to Squirrelpaw all the herbs they might need on their journey. She thanks her and they set off to leave.
- When they arrive at Fourtrees, both Tawnypelt and Crowpaw say that Squirrelpaw can’t come, but Brambleclaw insists that she does, and they leave. Their first stop is at Barley’s barn, and they hunt for mice. Squirrelpaw meets Ravenpaw, and he tells all the cats about the destruction that he has seen from Twolegs. Brambleclaw tells Squirrelpaw that he will protect her, and she hastily responds that she doesn’t need to be looked after.
- The next day, they travel a while and find sheep, which Squirrelpaw has never seen before. She and Crowpaw get in a fight about who knows more, and Brambleclaw has to break it up. Later, after they cross a Thunderpath, Brambleclaw and Feathertail get separated from the group. It is shown that Brambleclaw is very worried about Squirrelpaw. The next day, they find the rest of the group being cornered by two huge kittypets. With the three of them, Stormfur, Tawnypelt, and Squirrelpaw, they scare them off. At first, Brambleclaw is angry with Squirrelpaw for jumping into battle, but Stormfur who liked her tells him it was the bravest thing he ever saw, and Brambleclaw stops. They find a place to rest, and Squirrelpaw shows Tawnypelt a place to drink water. Tawnypelt is mad because she thinks that Squirrelpaw played a trick on her, because the water was salty, but the water Squirrelpaw and Stormfur tasted wasn’t. Brambleclaw then realizes that it was a sign from StarClan showing them that they are heading in the right direction. The next day, while traveling, Squirrelpaw gets caught in a fence. While Brambleclaw who suggests they dig up the pole, Stormfur, and Crowpaw are arguing, Feathertail and Tawnypelt get her out by spreading dock leaves on her fur.
- Then they meet Purdy, Squirrelpaw seems annoyed at the cat when she asks him what his name is three times before he responds. Purdy offers to show them around Twolegplace, to which Squirrelpaw agrees. Eventually, Brambleclaw decides to let Purdy join them. Later, when they go into a Twoleg den, Squirrelpaw tastes milk and loves it. Then, a Twoleg kit picks Feathertail up, and Squirrelpaw has the idea of going up to the kit and purring at it. When they do this, the kit loosens its grip on Feathertail, and they all dash outside. Feathertail thanks Squirrelpaw afterwards, telling her that was very brave Squirrelpaw threatens them so they wont tell anyone. The next few days, they travel around Twolegplace and get lost because of purdy, annoying everybody and making everybody grumpy. Squirrelpaw and Brambleclaw quarrel a few times. During the battle with the rats, Squirrelpaw is seen wrestling with a rat that is as big as her.Tawnypelt gets badly injured. Afterwards, she is seen wondering which herb Leafpaw would use for rat bites. Back at the forest, Leafpaw receives a vision of the rat bites, and she wonders if they have burdock root, which is used to treat rat bites. She guesses that Squirrelpaw is in trouble with some rats. At the Gathering, all four Clans report that they have missing cats, letting all the Clans know that cats are missing. Leafpaw then chews up burdock root and trys to sleep, trying to tell Squirrelpaw to use burdock root for rat bites.
- The next few days, Squirrelpaw is seen licking her lips trying to figure out what she tastes. Then she figures out it is burdock root, and, with the help of Brambleclaw, digs some up to give some to Tawnypelt. After they help Tawnypelt, Squirrelpaw remarks that she can smell salt. All of the cats rush to where she smells salt, and Brambleclaw falls into a river. Squirrelpaw then jumps into the water, and is able to save him. Stormfur and Tawnypelt both remark that it was stupid, but a brave thing to do. When they are all settled down, they notice a badger behind them. When they find out that the badger is Midnight, Squirrelpaw listens to the badger with the other cats, and learn that the forest is being destroyed as they speak, and that they must leave their homes.
- She continues her journey with the other questing cats to return home. Midnight goes with them up to Purdy. He is shocked that a badger is with them, but Squirrelpaw calms him, saying that Midnight is a special badger. Purdy wants to take them through Twolegplace again, but Midnight stops him, saying that they should go through the mountains, and that is their fate. Crossing through the mountains, Squirrelpaw jokes that she wishes she was a squirrel. When they get to a high ledge, Squirrelpaw changes her mind, now telling Brambleclaw with a grin that she wishes that she is a bird. Stormfur starts to admire her, but he tells himself that he has no right, especially since she and Brambleclaw are perfect for each other. Later, they stop to hunt at Squirrelpaw's suggestion, and she catches a rabbit.
- Back at the Clans, Firestar remembers Squirrelpaw and the prophecy. Sootfur tells his Clanmates that Brambleclaw and Squirrelpaw had the right idea. They should be leaving to find a better home, too.
- They see their first eagle, and Brambleclaw asks what would happen if the eagle saw them while they were hunting. Squirrelpaw shivers and says she doesn't want to imagine it. Soon Squirrelpaw and the others get tired and they stop to rest. They find a river and start drinking, but while they drink, the six Clan cats are caught in a flash flood and are thrown over a waterfall.
- In ThunderClan, Leafpaw and Firestar start missing Squirrelpaw again. Firestar quickly turns to her, and asks her if she can tell if Squirrelpaw is okay. Leafpaw uses her special connection with Squirrelpaw to see what is happening to her sister. She closes her eyes, but all she can sense is water, blasting air, and endless rock.
- After the cats recover from the waterfall, Stormfur wakes up first. The Tribe cats watch them with hostile eyes. He wakes up Brambleclaw, who carefully prods Squirrelpaw in turn. He tells her to wake her up slowly. She wakes up and sees the Tribe cats. When the cats ask where they have come from, Squirrelpaw answers that they have come a long way, then offers to help them. The Tribe cats are friendly and assure them there is no danger there. At the cave, the cats meet Stoneteller and the other Tribe cats and decide to stay a few days to allow Tawnypelt's shoulder to heal, as it is still infected.
- When Stormfur is imprisoned by the Tribe of Rushing Water for a prophecy concerning a silver cat, she and the others try to save him, but they fail and are blocked out of the Tribe. Squirrelpaw comes up with the idea to disguise themselves in mud like Tribe cats so that they wouldn't get caught. They manage to rescue Stormfur as Sharptooth attacks, and they escape from the cave. It is raining when they meet three outcasts that are from the Tribe: Talon, Rock, and Bird. After they exchange stories, Stormfur convinces everyone to go back and help the Tribe. Squirrelpaw agrees willingly enough.
- Once they reach the cave, Squirrelpaw comes up with the idea to stuff deathberries in a dead rabbit and leave it for Sharptooth to eat. The plan goes wrong and Sharptooth attacks the cats. Squirrelpaw and the others dive for safety, but Crowpaw is cornered by Sharptooth. Desperate to save Crowpaw, Feathertail dislodges a rock from the cave roof and it plunges down to kill Sharptooth, though Feathertail tragically falls to her death. Stoneteller and the Tribe cats bury her beside the waterfall, which is their highest honor. After grieving for her, the Clan cats go back home.
- Squirrelpaw returns to the forest after much traveling. She feels crushed when ThunderClan isn't very welcoming to Brambleclaw and her. She is also attacked by Cinderpelt when the medicine cat doesn't recognize her until a few moments later. She helps to persuade Firestar and the other leaders to leave the forest in search of a new home. The Twolegs have done much damage to her home by now, even uprooting Fourtrees.
- Squirrelpaw has a dream where Spottedleaf, a former ThunderClan medicine cat, comes to her and tells her where her sister Leafpaw is. Squirrelpaw, Sorreltail, Thornclaw, Rainwhisker, Brambleclaw, and Graystripe rescue the cats who were captured by the Twolegs (including Leafpaw, Mistyfoot, Gorsetail of WindClan, and the rogue cat Sasha), and she is devastated when Graystripe is taken. She is the first cat to see and understand the 'dying warrior' sign at Highstones.
- She journeys with the other Clans over the mountains once again. They are welcomed by the Tribe, who offer them shelter and food.
- Near the end of the book, she hunts with Stormfur and he tells her that he is going to stay with the Tribe and Brook. She is upset at the news and later, when talking with Brambleclaw, she realizes he's jealous of the special bond that she and Stormfur share. She confesses her love to him, saying that her heart is only with him. She reaches the lake with her Clan.
- Squirrelpaw receives her warrior name, Squirrelflight, on the last night the four Clans share together during the journey. All the Clans are excited by this, since it meant that they were officially claiming the territory as their own. She is the first new warrior at the Clans' new home. Her old mentor, Dustpelt, congratulates her.
- Squirrelflight helps to explore the lake and discover the Clans' new territories with Crowfeather, Brambleclaw, Tawnypelt, and Mistyfoot, since the RiverClan representatives are no longer with them. During the journey around the lake, the group of cats find many mysterious things, mostly of Twolegs. Squirrelflight finds some catmint along the way.
- Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight go near the Twoleg garden, and two vicious kittypets attack them. They are near losing, considering how strong both of the kittypets are, until Mistyfoot hears them and shows up to finish them off.
- While chasing prey, she falls over a stone hollow into thistles, but in the process, discovering a possible new sight for ThunderClan's camp. She calls Brambleclaw over, and asks him of his opinion of it. Brambleclaw is quite reluctant to accept it as the new camp, and when Squirrelflight questions him, he consults Squirrelflight about how he would like a camp that looked just like the old one. Squirrelflight comforts him, telling him that there's not one cat who wouldn't like the old camp back.
- She and Brambleclaw debate over his trust of his half-brother, Hawkfrost. Squirrelflight believes he is untrustworthy, while Brambleclaw thinks that he should feel loyal to his brother since they are kin.
- She leads, along with Brambleclaw, ThunderClan to the stone hollow. When they reach their destination, the Clan complains, and Brambleclaw is unsure if it is the right spot, but Squirrelflight is happy and insists that it is perfect.
- She fights in the battle against Mudclaw of WindClan when he tries to take over. Squirrelflight then becomes suspicious of Hawkfrost when she remembers that Mistyfoot told her that Hawkfrost was plotting with Mudclaw. Squirrelflight starts to lose trust in Brambleclaw because of his growing bond with Hawkfrost, and their friendship is broken off at the end of the book.
- Squirrelflight is aroused from her sleep to Firestar calling a Clan meeting. She states that she's still sore from her wounds from the night before.
- Squirrelflight and Brambleclaw begin to argue again as Ashfur tries to win Squirrelflight's affection. Squirrelflight feels bitter and disappointed that Brambleclaw has grown distant, spending more time with his half-brother, Hawkfrost, than he does with her. She is unsure of her feelings for Ashfur, but enjoys his company.
- When Leafpool sneaks out of camp, Squirrelflight becomes suspicious of her sister and follows her. After finding out that she's been seeing Crowfeather, Squirrelflight argues with her about it, but then she notices how desperate her sister seems. Squirrelflight agrees to keep her sister's secret, but is still worried about her.
- She is one of the cats who help ShadowClan fight off the two kittypets harassing them.
- Later, Leafpool runs away, and her mentor, Cinderpelt, reveals that Leafpool had been meeting with Crowfeather and has most likely run away with him. Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight then travel to WindClan. Onestar accuses ThunderClan of stealing his warrior, but manages to calm down enough to send out a search patrol. Everyone is disappointed to find that both cats have left. Squirrelflight then wonders if she would do that for Ashfur, thinking that she wouldn't. When she wonders if she would do it for Brambleclaw, she realizes that she cannot answer that question.
- At the end of the book, badgers attack the camp. Squirrelflight and a few others guard the nursery as Sorreltail gives birth. They escort Daisy and her kits out of the camp; Squirrelflight shows them a secret way out of camp that Leafpool had discovered. Just as the battle seems hopeless, Midnight, the star-gazing badger, brings WindClan to join the fighting. When the battle is almost over, Squirrelflight is astonished to see that Leafpool and Crowfeather have returned. They join at the nursery, and Crowfeather announces that Cinderpelt was killed by a badger that had gotten into the nursery. Just as the battle ends, Squirrelflight sees two new cats arriving: Stormfur and Brook.
- Brambleclaw jumps as Squirrelflight hoarsely asks if Brook and Stormfur were there. Having appeared beside him, it is noted that Squirrelflight's fur is matted with blood and the tip of one ear of hers is torn. Snapping at her without realizing it, Brambleclaw begins to apologize, but Squirrelflight takes a pace forward to brush her fur with Brambleclaw's. She touches the tip of her tail to silence him, whispering that he is a stupid furball. Brambleclaw tenses, wondering if he is imagining the affection in her gaze. Not noticing Ashfur's glare at Brambleclaw, Squirrelflight limps past Brambleclaw to greet the visitors. She meows her thanks to StarClan that they have come, echoing Brambleclaw's thoughts, stating that they needed all their friends currently. Thornclaw collapses shortly after and Squirrelflight rests her tail-tip on his shoulder, urging him to lie still for his wounds to be treated.
- When Mousefur demands why Stormfur is visiting, Squirrelflight snaps at her, telling the elder not to be so ungrateful as they need every cat who is prepared to help rebuild the camp. She adds that Stormfur is half-ThunderClan, asking Mousefur if she remembers. Mousefur bristles at Squirrelflight, but can't reply as Ferncloud cries for Dustpelt. After Leafpool quietly announces that Cinderpelt is dead, Squirrelflight pads up to her sister and brushes her muzzle against Leafpool's shoulder, murmuring that they won't forget Cinderpelt. Brambleclaw then approaches the entrance of the nursery and notes that Squirrelflight, along with Ashfur and Brackenfur, had fought there during the badger attack while Sorreltail's kits were born. Going to retrieve Cinderpelt's body, Squirrelflight follows Leafpool into the nursery. Sorreltail exclaims that it is her fault Cinderpelt died, but Squirrelflight tells the queen to think about how Cinderpelt wouldn't have wanted Sorreltail and her kits to die. Shortly after the kits are introduced, Brambleclaw urges Squirrelflight that they have a duty to do for Cinderpelt, causing the she-cat to pause and touch Leafpool lightly on her shoulder with her tail-tip. She mews to Leafpool that she should get some rest soon, as she looks awful.
- Ashfur offers Squirrelflight to come and sit with him for Cinderpelt's vigil, but Squirrelflight lightly declines, saying that she will do so later. Squirrelflight is told of Leafpool's dream, where she sees two starry paw-prints intertwined with each other and walking closely. The two cats are shown to be Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight, indicating that nothing can break them apart.
- Ashfur tells Squirrelflight that he loves her. She rejects him in a kind, but somewhat impatient and irritable manner.
- On a patrol, when Spiderleg finds a fox-trap, she figures out how to spring it with a stick. Ashfur gets angry at her and Brambleclaw, and begins to avoid both of them and spread rumors, even publicly challenging Firestar's decision to make Brambleclaw deputy when Leafpool receives a sign from StarClan indicating that Brambleclaw is the right choice. Ashfur sneers coldly at this, and claims that Leafpool is lying, since Squirrelflight is her sister, and that Brambleclaw is Squirrelflight's mate. Leafpool coldly states that medicine cats do not lie. Squirrelflight is furious, and leaps on Ashfur. Brambleclaw quickly stops her before she can start a real battle. Firestar asks if any other cat agrees with Ashfur, but none do, and Brambleclaw is made deputy.
- Towards the end of the book, she arrives just after Brambleclaw had killed Hawkfrost and released her father, Firestar, from the fox trap that had held him. She is delighted and relieved that Brambleclaw saved her father.
In the Power of Three Arc
- Squirrelflight is listed as a queen and mother of Brambleclaw's three kits: Hollykit, Jaykit, and Lionkit.
- After Firestar wakes up from a dream with Skywatcher and the prophecy he is given, he gazes at the waking Clan. Brambleclaw is seen flexing his shoulders as Squirrelflight bounds toward him, greeting him with a purr.
- When Jaykit, Hollykit, and Lionkit are playing with a mouse, Squirrelflight scolds them that they should show more respect for their prey as she presses leaves into gaps in the nursery wall. She tells Daisy that they won't be kits much longer as she sweeps leaves to the side with her tail.
- Because she is unable to produce milk, Ferncloud and Daisy feed Jaykit, Hollykit and Lionkit. It is also noted that the two queens sometimes wash them and keep them company. Squirrelflight still stays in the nursery to take care of her kits, but often sleeps in the warriors' den, and returns to her warrior duties earlier than most queens would.
- When her kits' apprentice ceremony is held, both Squirrelflight and her sister, Leafpool, seem sad for an unknown reason not stated in the book. A strange tension is held between her and Ashfur when the warrior says that some cats try to take what another cat has, probably dating back to when she and Ashfur quarreled in previous books.
- During the battle with ShadowClan over territory, Squirrelflight defeats a ShadowClan warrior who is chasing Lionpaw as he tries to run to camp to get backup warriors to help drive of the invading ShadowClan cats.
- Squirrelflight brings Hollypaw back from RiverClan territory after Hollypaw visits RiverClan on her own to check on her friend, Willowpaw, the RiverClan medicine cat apprentice. Leopardstar allows this, though she is a bit uneasy, as she thinks that Hollypaw might tell ThunderClan of RiverClan's weaknesses. Hollypaw wonders how Squirrelflight knew she was on the island, and Squirrelflight answers this by explaining that Jaypaw had a dream.
- She also appears during the Gathering when Blackstar announces that Tawnypelt has given birth to a litter of kits. Squirrelflight congratulates Rowanclaw, the father, but Rowanclaw only proudly states that he is the father of three Clan-born kits, an obvious taunt towards ThunderClan. Rowanclaw acts pretty rude. Then Squirrelflight, clearly irritated, replies that they are only of use to ShadowClan if they stay loyal to the Clan in which they were born.
- Squirrelflight becomes a mentor to Foxkit.
- Talon and Night, two cats from the Tribe of Rushing Water, come to ThunderClan, asking their aid to drive off cats that had been attacking the Tribe recently and taking their food. Squirrelflight is shocked when Stormfur reveals that Jag had been killed in the raid on the stealing cats. Firestar decides to talk it over with Squirrelflight, Brambleclaw, Talon, Night, Brook, Stormfur, Sandstorm, Graystripe, and Leafpool. Squirrelflight decides to cast Sorreltail as Foxpaw's temporary mentor, which Leafpool thinks is a great choice..
- She is the only one who notices Lionpaw, Hollypaw, and Jaypaw eavesdropping on her, Brambleclaw, and Leafpool's conversation with Firestar, saying that Lionpaw's tail was sticking out. Squirrelflight scolds them and says they shouldn't be spying, but Firestar tells her that they remind him of a certain ginger apprentice who insisted on going on a journey when she wasn't invited.The three apprentices beg to come. The cats then agree that the three apprentices should accompany them on the journey.
- Soon after, Squirrelflight takes Hollypaw to WindClan to convince Crowfeather to join them on their quest. Onestar insists that Crowfeather should take Breezepaw, as it would be a good learning experience. Breezepaw is bad-tempered about this.
- At the Tribe's camp, when it is time to attack the intruders, she is the only Clan cat other than Jaypaw to stay behind with the kit-mothers and older Tribe warriors.
- Squirrelflight returns from the mountains with her kits, Jaypaw, Hollypaw, and Lionpaw, and her mate, Brambleclaw.
- She continues Foxpaw's training, whilst working hard on her warrior duties, and when ThunderClan is ambushed by WindClan, she fights as hard as she can. After the battle, Hollypaw goes to see if she is okay and ask if she has seen Leafpool yet. She says she hasn't and then her daughter sees a pool of blood by where she is standing, and realizes her belly has been seriously injured and cut open. Once Leafpool has finished treating her wound, she is too weak to be moved, so Hollypaw and Lionpaw make a nest for her where she is. Luckily, Leafpool and Jaypaw save her life. Her kits stay by her side, fearful for her life.
- At the end of the book, she watches Lionpaw, Cinderpaw and Hollypaw become warriors, earning the names Lionblaze, Cinderheart and Hollyleaf.
- While recovering from her injuries, she tries several times to resume her warrior duties, but is never allowed to.
- When ThunderClan's camp catches fire, Squirrelflight, along with Lionblaze, Jayfeather, and Hollyleaf, are trapped in the camp. Squirrelflight shows them a secret way out of camp, but it is a steep climb that is troublesome for Jayfeather. She comments that it was a good thing the three of them never found this, considering how much trouble they got into as kits.
- When they make it out of camp, the three are trapped by a wall of fire. Squirrelflight tries to get a stick bridge to them, but her strength is almost gone. She sees Ashfur and calls out for help. He grabs the stick and shoves it through, but will not let the three pass. Ashfur tells her that he will make her suffer, because she left him heartbroken when he loved her, but she loved Brambleclaw and took him as a mate instead of himself. Ashfur claims he will get revenge by killing her kits. He also reveals that it was he who had helped Hawkfrost plot to kill Firestar, because he wants her to feel his suffering. He says that Brambleclaw was there to save him last time, but that Brambleclaw isn't there now to save her kits.
- In desperation and anger, Squirrelflight reveals that Jayfeather, Lionblaze and Hollyleaf are not her kits. Dazed by the shocking truth, Ashfur leaves them, but says that he will tell everyone the truth at the Gathering. Lionblaze, Hollyleaf, and Jayfeather ask her if she was just lying to him to save them, but she says that it's the truth. She says that she loves them as much as she would if she had mothered them, but they are still angry at her. She is depressed when Lionblaze, Hollyleaf, and Jayfeather refuse to talk to her.
- On the night of the Gathering, Squirrelflight and Ashfur are missing. Squirrelflight comes back breathless and tells the Clan she was helping Leafpool collect herbs. Her paws are muddy, but she tells Brambleclaw that she slipped and fell in mud. Ashfur is still missing, but is eventually found dead and taken back to camp. After Leafpool finds the cause of death, Firestar announces it, and Squirrelflight looks nervous and holds her breath. Squirrelflight is mentioned to be trying not to gulp for breath, and Jayfeather thinks that she looks like she is being smothered.
- When Lionblaze greets Tigerstar in the Dark Forest and realizes that Tigerstar knew that he wasn't his kin, Lionblaze mentions Squirrelflight, concluding that Squirrelflight isn't the only cat keeping secrets. After he defeats Tigerstar in a battle, Lionblaze meows out loud that Squirrelflight won't reveal her secret to any other cats, as it would hurt her Clanmates heavily if they found out she had been lying to them for so long. Awakening, Lionblaze listens to the ThunderClan warriors debate over the cause of Ashfur's death, and he attempts to forget the night where Squirrelflight confessed that he, Jayfeather and Hollyleaf weren't her kits, trying to save their lives. However, Lionblaze notes that she had given Ashfur a more powerful weapon than any flaming branch- he would have revealed the secret at the Gathering and that only death had closed his jaws forever.
- Squirrelflight is unsettled after Ashfur's death. When a patrol leaves to look for Sol, she is not chosen to go with them, while Brambleclaw is. Brambleclaw tells Squirrelflight he will protect her and she agrees instead of rejecting, though she usually would not appreciate such over-protectiveness. Throughout the book, Hollyleaf, Lionblaze, and Jayfeather reject her because of her lie. She also keeps trying to talk to the three of them, but never really succeeds.
- At a Gathering, Hollyleaf announces to all of the cats that Squirrelflight and Brambleclaw are not her, Lionblaze, and Jayfeather's parents, rather that Crowfeather and Leafpool are. Brambleclaw is shocked and hurt that Squirrelflight never told him. When she is asked why she never told him, she answers that Leafpool is her sister, and that she had to help her. Brambleclaw tells her that if she told him, he could have helped, but it is too late. He leaves, leaving Squirrelflight alone. Squirrelflight is too devastated to follow Brambleclaw after he leaves the Gathering. It is not stated in this book, but books after this, but they are no longer mates.
In the Omen of the Stars Arc
- It is revealed that Brambleclaw still refuses to forgive Squirrelflight for lying to him about the true parentage of Hollyleaf, Jayfeather and Lionblaze. It is mentioned that Brambleclaw does not give Squirrelflight any particularly hard or distasteful tasks, but simply makes sure that they do not encounter each other while carrying out daily duties. It is also shown that Graystripe supports her, as he defends her when he overhears Lionblaze muttering to himself about why Firestar had chosen to have her mentor Rosepetal.
- Brambleclaw rebukes her, even though he agrees with her after she yowls out in protest against Leopardstar and RiverClan claiming the lake and all of the fish in it. She is mentioned to look like an apprentice being scolded by its mentor after this.
- She is confirmed to be Rosepetal's mentor since Firestar wants to remind the Clan that she is still a loyal and worthy member of ThunderClan. Her former apprentice, Foxpaw, is now Foxleap, and she is shown to be very proud of Rosepetal.
- She encouragingly nods to Dovekit and Ivykit right before Firestar calls them up to be made apprentices.
- She agrees with her father about not keeping Rainstorm as a prisoner after Thornclaw comes up with the idea to trade him for extra food (in exchange for his safe return to RiverClan) when they rescue him from the mud.
- Before the Gathering, it is noted by Dovepaw that she gazes at Brambleclaw before meeting Leafpool at the fresh-kill pile. The apprentice envies how the two sisters are so close despite everything, and hopes that she and Ivypaw will be the same. On the way to the Gathering, she warns Lionblaze about stirring up trouble after he agrees on going through ShadowClan's territory to teach them a lesson. She is only revoked by Brambleclaw, and shock flashes in her eyes. Lionblaze is seen wincing at the comment made by the deputy.
- At the Gathering, Blossompaw, for fun, climbs onto the tree where the leaders sit, and announces she is Blossomstar, but Squirrelflight tells her coldly to get off. Blossompaw then slips and falls out of the tree, startled. Squirrelflight and Millie have an argument about it when Millie defends her daughter. After their argument, Squirrelflight sits far away from where Millie is sitting.
- When the beech tree falls into ThunderClan's camp, Squirrelflight gathers a patrol to collect props to hold it up. She later joins Jayfeather at Firestar's request to go see Littlecloud for Briarlight's injury. She tries to share a story with him about when they were kits, but Jayfeather becomes angry with her. She also gets angry, saying he hasn't had the worst pain.
- When Millie finds out that Littlecloud's patient, Wildfur, died, she becomes frantic and claims Jayfeather said Briarlight would die. Squirrelflight jumps to her nephew's defense, saying even though Wildfur died, Briarlight might not.
- Lionblaze tries to imagine her being a part of Tigerstar's plan, but pushes the thought aside, knowing she'd never turn against her Clan despite all the lies she had told. Later, she is seen with the senior warriors, meeting with Firestar about Ivypaw's dream.
- Squirrelflight, out of camp alone, is hunting and seems to be sulking around and missing her prey. She then sees Brambleclaw coming out of the trees, but he stops when he sees her. His eyes show nothing in particular.
- Later, she is seen talking to Spiderleg and Lionblaze about a fox that has been crossing into ThunderClan territory. She says that they have to track the fox down and chase her out. Her claws are seen unsheathed; a sign of eagerness to search for the fox. She comes pounding towards Dovepaw with Lionblaze and Spiderleg during one of her meetings with Tigerheart. Dovepaw is shocked, and lies that she is just hunting. Talking about the vixen again, she asks Dovepaw if she can smell it because it is in vicinity. Dovepaw leaves, and Squirrelflight tells her to be careful and to keep her eyes open.
- Squirrelflight is chosen, along with Dovewing and Foxleap, to go to the mountains with Jayfeather.
- Before the patrol can go to the mountains, she turns to Brambleclaw and asks if he wants to say hi to the cats in the Tribe. It is noted by Jayfeather that there is something hidden in her voice to see if Brambleclaw still cares for her, but Brambleclaw replies with a "Sure," with nothing behind it, leaving Squirrelflight disappointed that he might not love her anymore.
- Squirrelflight is seen protecting Jayfeather from dogs while going to the mountains, and Dovewing notes that even though Jayfeather and his brother can't forgive her and she isn't their mother, she still feels like she is.
- When they arrive in the mountains, she is overjoyed to see Brook and Stormfur again, and happy that they have kits. When Brook said her own kits turned out well, Squirrelflight seemed dumbfounded and uncomfortable, not knowing what to say. She quickly changes the subject. At the end of the book, Squirrelflight is leaving the mountains with Jayfeather and the other ThunderClan cats.
- She is taking a plump vole from the fresh-kill pile when Sol walks into camp with Lionblaze, and she is shocked to see him.
- After Lionblaze brings Hollyleaf back, she welcomes her back to the Clan by saying that she was glad Hollyleaf was alive and looking so well, but Hollyleaf stammers awkwardly. She is mentioned by Dovewing when she asks Ivypool if she has seen Ashfur in the Dark Forest, because he treated Squirrelflight so horribly before he died.
- When Jayfeather and Cinderpelt are walking through Cinderpelt's life, she is seen injured at the entrance to the nursery during the badger attack.
- She comforts Lionblaze after he tries to remind Cinderheart that she is Cinderheart and always has been, but fails. He tells Squirrelflight that's it's unfair not only to him but to Cinderheart as well, because she wanted to be a warrior, but now she's convinced that she has to be a medicine cat because of Cinderpelt, and Squirrelflight replies that all cats deserve to find happiness as a mate and as a mother. She says she wouldn't have changed anything about her own life, and Lionblaze admits that she was a good mother and that she should have kits with Brambleclaw. Squirrelflight sighs and says that it's not going to happen, and that it was probably for the best that it never did, but that she loved Lionblaze, Jayfeather and Hollyleaf as if she had given birth to them herself. It breaks her heart to see Lionblaze unhappy.
- After Dawnpelt reveals her theory about how Jayfeather murdered Flametail, and when the Clans start rushing home after it starts to pour, Jayfeather gets lost and feels blinder than usual, so she lets him lean on her and she says that nobody believed that Jayfeather killed Flametail, and that Dawnpelt was just mad and upset with grief.
- She is mentioned several times to be on patrol with several of her Clanmates, but only makes brief appearances.
- Hollyleaf, Jayfeather, and Lionblaze are told to tell the truth about their destinies to Squirrelflight, Leafpool, and Brambleclaw. They reveal the prophecy about the Three, and Brambleclaw is angry at Squirrelflight, wanting to know if she knew anything about this. Squirrelflight denies knowing, and apologizes to Brambleclaw, tired of being blamed for something she believed was right. After they come to accept their destinies, Leafpool says that everything was meant to be.
- During the Dark Forest battle, Squirrelflight is seen fighting side by side with Sandstorm, defeating and driving off Dark Forest Warriors.
- After the battle is over, Brambleclaw is appointed as leader, following Firestar's death. Bramblestar appoints Squirrelflight as his deputy, telling her that everything she did was for the best of reasons, and he understands now. Squirrelflight accepts her place as deputy, and Leafpool mentions that she is proud of her sister and that Squirrelflight deserves this.
In the Ravenpaw's Path Arc
- She is with Leafkit and Sandstorm as her great-uncle, Ravenpaw, and his friend, Barley, approach the nursery. She asks who they are, and Sandstorm tells her that they helped ThunderClan in the battle with BloodClan. Ravenpaw compliments the kits and plays with them.
- Firestar's battle patrol plans to leave for the Farm quietly and secretly. But as they are about to leave, Squirrelkit appears and shouts that she wants to come too. This wakes the rest of ThunderClan, and Firestar's vision of leaving quietly is destroyed.
In the Field Guide Arc
- She is first seen as Squirrelpaw when Sandstorm is giving a tour of the old ThunderClan camp. Squirrelpaw is on guard and seems suspicious when Sandstorm enters the camp with the visitors. When Sandstorm goes by the apprentice den, she sees moss kicked up everywhere, and hints that it was probably Squirrelpaw, because she is such a restless sleeper.
- Later, as Squirrelflight, she gives a tour of the new ThunderClan camp. She starts by heading into the camp and telling of her story of when she almost fell into the camp. She said she was lucky that she hadn't broken her neck. She then goes up on top of the Highrock and into Firestar's den. She comments that Firestar's den is very cool and comfortable. She walks by the apprentice and elder's dens and finally to the Nursery where she sees Sorreltail and her kits. After that, she goes to the medicine den and greets her sister, Leafpool.
- Squirrelflight is seen talking about her warrior vigil. This is a mistake, since there was no camp when she was made a warrior. One of her first pieces of advice is to not to sleep near the warrior's den because all the snoring will make you sleepy and you'll eventually fall asleep during your vigil. Then, she climbs onto the Highrock, which Squirrelflight advises you do because it will wake you up. She says that if you get tired, you should play a game of mouse-chase, but don't send it flying to the nursery or you'll wake up all the kits, commenting that they can hear a game while they're fast asleep, and the queens won't thank you for that. Squirrelflight concludes her advice by telling you to keep alert and awake on your vigil.
- She is first mentioned in Leafpool's story, when Rock explains the link that StarClan fostered between her and Leafpool. He explains that StarClan made the link because they knew that Squirrelflight would be traveling along away, and would need her sister's guidance.
- Later, Rock says that Squirrelflight is the exact opposite of Leafpool, and she is scorching fire. He then tells Blossomkit that even Squirrelflight has her secrets. He says that it was bold of Brambleclaw to let her go on the quest, though he doesn't think Squirrelflight gave him much choice. Rock thinks it was good that she went on the quest, because it made her a better cat overall. She proved she had the courage and determination of her parents. He then explains that both Stormfur and Ashfur loved Squirrelflight but, she needed someone to match her fire and not contain it. He says that cat was Brambleclaw. He concludes that Squirrelflight and Brambleclaw have been good parents to Lionpaw, Jaypaw, and Hollypaw, and that they should be rewarded for their devotion.
- When Rock speaks of Ashfur, he hopes that he is not remembered for quarreling with Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight. He asks the kits if the elders in StarClan have fretted over where his path will lead now that he has lost Squirrelflight's affection. Rock concludes by saying that Ashfur is not a troublemaker and would want Ashfur on his side of battle any day.
- When badgers attack ThunderClan camp, she is seen warning the camp that badgers are attacking and then plunging into the battle. Later, when a badger attacks Whitepaw, Squirrelflight is seen rushing to her side. However, Squirrelflight soon realizes the badger is Midnight and tells Whitepaw not to attack it.
- It is mentioned on Firestar's page that soon after he took the name Firestar, Sandstorm gave birth to his kits, Squirrelkit and Leafkit. It is mentioned on Sandstorm’s page that Sandstorm was an excellent mother to Squirrelflight and Leafpool and stood by her daughters when the truth of her grandchildren came out. It is mentioned on Cinderpelt's page that Cinderpelt didn't have the sensitivity to StarClan like other medicine cats. An example is she interpreted burning grass as warning that Squirrelflight and Brambleclaw would unite to destroy ThunderClan when in fact, they saved all the clans.
- Squirrelflight appears on Leafpool's page. As young apprentices, Leafpaw and Squirrelpaw shared a special connection and StarClan fostered this link as Squirrelpaw was going to go away on a journey and someone needed to know what was happening at home. Leafpool bore Crowfeather's kits and to keep her secret, Squirrelflight raised them as her own, even convincing Brambleclaw they were his.
- Squirrelflight has her own page.
- She is fire. She had enough energy to scorch any tree in the forest, and her tongue is sharp. She was loyal to her Clan, and could only do what was right-- which is why she took on her sister's kits and made the Clan think they were her own. Squirrelpaw was an apprentice when she insisted on joining Brambleclaw on the quest to the sun-drown place. following the message from StarClan that told her to find the midnight. Squrrielpaw proved herself to be, brave, feisty companion to the cats on the quest. Having the courage of Firestar, and the quiet determination of her mother, Sandstorm. For a while on the journey it seemed she was growing close to Stormfur, but it was Brambleclaw who won her heart.
- When the Clans settled beside the lake, Ashfur fell in love with her, noticing something behind the fire, when Brambleclaw saw only a disagreeable nuisance. But even though Ashfur would have been loyal to the end, he didn't appreciate the strength under he impulsive ways. Squirrelflight needed someone to match her fire, not contain it, and that cat was always going to be Brambleclaw, no matter how much Ashfur loved her.
- Squirrelflight watched Brambleclaw father her sister's kits, as his own and he was a good father. When the truth came out about the kits being Leafpool's, Brambleclaw couldn't forgive Squirrelflight for lying to him and the entire Clan. She accepted his anger as her punishment; with Ashfur's death and the shame she'd brought on ThunderClan, meant she didn't feel worthy to be loved. But she never stopped being loyal to her Clan, she fought like a lion in the battle with the Dark Forest. Then when Brambleclaw became leader after Firestar's death, he could chose only one cat to become his deputy, Squirrelflight, his former mate, a cat he could trust until the end.
- She appears briefly on Brambleclaw’s page. His heart broke when he learned he wasn’t the real father of Hollyleaf, Jayfeather and Lionblaze and Squirrelflight had lied to him all along. Deep down, he knew Squirrelflight had followed the only path she could to keep her sister’s kits safe from hostility and rejection. He missed her generous spirit, wisdom and impulsive desires to help others. He wanted no other cat beside him as deputy when he became leader.
- She appears on Ashfur’s page. Ashfur truly loved Squirrelflight and was heart-broken when she chose Brambleclaw over him. The bitterness turned to him threatening to kill Squirrelflight’s kits, forcing her to reveal they are not her kits after all. Ashfur now had an even more powerful weapon against Squirrelflight, the chance to reveal the lies she told. Would Ashfur have done this, knowing it would hurt Squirrelflight than dying with this secret untold?
- It is mentioned on Lionblaze’s page that when Squirrelflight and Brambleclaw announced the arrival of their kits, Firestar knew that the kits were the prophesied cats. It is mentioned on Hollyleaf’s page that Hollyleaf was utterly broken when she discovered that Squirrelflight is not the mother of her and her brothers. It is mentioned on Ivypool’s page that like Squirrelflight and Leafpool, Ivypool and Dovewing were closer than hairs on a vole’s pelt.
- It is mentioned on Crowfeather’s page that Lionblaze, Hollyleaf and Jayfeather were raised by Squirrelflight and Brambleclaw. Although not mentioned by name, it is mentioned on Stoneteller’s page that when six Clan cats first arrived on the way to the mysterious sun-drown-place, it seemed Stoneteller’s prophecy would be fulfilled. Although not mentioned by name again, it is mentioned on Crag’s page that when the journeying cats came to the mountains, Crag was one for the first to meet them. When Stormfur was made prisoner, Crag escorted the rest of them out of the territory and seemed to regret they could not have shared a friendship.
- She appears on Midnight’s page. Midnight was first mentioned in the dreams of four cats who were told to meet at the new moon and listen to what midnight tells you. Brambleclaw, Crowpaw, Tawnypelt, Feathertail set out on a journey accompanied by Stormfur and Squirrelpaw to the sun-drown-place. They found Midnight and she told them that all Clans had to leave the forest before the Twolegs destroyed it. To find their new home, they have to stand on Highrocks and follow a dying warrior.
In the Short Stories and Plays
- Squirrelflight is briefly mentioned by Brambleclaw. While trying to avoid talking to Leafpool, he tells her that Squirrelflight is probably wondering where he is.
- She is a minor character in this short story, and is only seen once when she votes for her father, Firestar, to become leader of all four Clans temporarily during a harsh leaf-bare.
In the Novellas
- Coming Soon
- In the first chapter, she is first seen defending her kits, Hollyleaf, Lionblaze, and Jayfeather from Ashfur's threats, who is taking out his anger on the three kits due to Squirrelflight taking Brambleclaw as a mate, instead of himself, thinking that killing them will be the best way to hurt Squirrelflight. Then Squirrelflight reveals a secret that shocks Hollyleaf; Hollyleaf, Lionblaze, and Jayfeather are not her kits, and that she doesn't have any. She reveals the truth, thinking it would protect the three littermates.
- Squirrelflight does not formally appear in Mistystar's Omen but is listed in the allegiances.
- Coming Soon
In the Warriors App
- Squirrelkit, feeling bitter about her sister, Leafkit's, accomplishments, puts a fire ant in her sister's nest to make her squirm through the night from being bitten. Sandstorm discovers the plan and informs the two kits that they'll be switching nests that night. Squirrelkit refuses to reveal her plot and is ready to spend the night in a nest with the ant. However, Sandstorm reveals to Squirrelkit that she'd found and killed the ant, secretly impressed with her daughter's determination to not get caught.
- She has SkyClan blood since her grandfather, Redtail, is Spottedleaf's brother.
- She has kittypet blood, because her father, Firestar, was born a kittypet.
- In the Erin Hunter Chat 7, Vicky revealed that she is probably unable to have kits. This is confirmed in Leafpool's Wish. However, at the end of Bramblestar's Storm, it is revealed that Yellowfang actually lied about her being barren, and Squirrelflight is now pregnant with Bramblestar's kits.
- In Code of the Clans, it is mistakenly mentioned that her warrior vigil was in the old ThunderClan camp when she didn't have one at all.
- Squirrelflight wasn't using Ashfur to make Brambleclaw jealous.
- It was revealed by Kate that Bramblestar and Squirrelflight reconciled their relationship after the events of The Last Hope and became mates again. However, this was contradicted in "Confidential Notes", saying that Bramblestar and Squirrelflight could never be mates, but she will remain his deputy. However, this was proven false in Bramblestar's Storm when Squirrelflight becomes pregnant with Bramblestar's kits.
- Tui mistakenly referred to her as "Squirrelfeather" in Erin Hunter Chat 6.
- She was mistakenly called Squirrelpaw despite already having received her warrior name.
- She has been shown without her white paw.
- She has been mistakenly described with amber eyes.
- In Bramblestar's Storm, she told Bramblestar that she was his apprentice and that he trained her well, when in fact, she was Dustpelt's apprentice.
Please do not edit this gallery
- Fuzzypelt: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Adderfang:  Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Ashfur: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Two Unnamed Kits: Status Unknown
- Scourge: Deceased, No Residence
- Socks: Status Unknown
- Patchpelt: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Unidentified Kits: Status Unknown
- Ravenpaw: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Dustpelt: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Willowpelt: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Spottedleaf: Deceased, No Residence
- Leopardfoot: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Frostfur: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Jayfeather: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Lionblaze: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Cloudtail: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Four unnamed kits: Status Unknown
- Shrewpaw: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Spiderleg: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Toadstep: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Rosepetal: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Hollykit: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Larchkit: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Birchfall: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Dovewing: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Ivypool: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Foxleap: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Icecloud: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Graystripe: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Mistkit: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Nightkit: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Tigerstar: Deceased, No Residence
- Darkstripe: Deceased, Verified Place of No Stars member
- Sorreltail: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Sootfur: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Rainwhisker: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Brackenfur: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Cinderpelt: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Thornclaw: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Brightheart: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Bramblestar: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Tawnypelt: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Tadpole: Deceased, Residence Unknown
- Hawkfrost: Deceased, No Residence
- Mothwing: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Molepaw: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Honeyfern: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Cinderheart: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Poppyfrost: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Whitewing: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Amberpaw: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Dewpaw: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Snowpaw: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Molewhisker: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Cherryfall: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Tigerheart:Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Dawnpelt: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Flametail: Deceased, Verified StarClan member
- Fernpaw: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Sorrelpaw: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Hollypaw: Living (As of Bramblestar's Storm)
- Cloudstar: Deceased, Verified SkyClan ancestor
- Birdflight: Deceased, Verified SkyClan ancestor
- Gorseclaw: Deceased, Verified SkyClan ancestor
- Spottedpelt: Deceased, Verified SkyClan ancestor
= Gender Unknown
- "Yes, O Great One, I shall do exactly what you say. And when we come back empty-pawed, maybe you'll admit that I was right."
- —Squirrelpaw to Brambleclaw Midnight, page 16
- Squirrelflight: "Enough, Ashfur. Your quarrel is with me. These young cats have done nothing to hurt you. Do what you like with me, but let them out of the fire."
- Ashfur: "You don't understand. This is the only way to make you feel the same pain you caused me. You tore my heart out when you chose Brambleclaw over me. Anything I did to you would never hurt as much. But your kits.... if you watch them die, then you'll know the pain I felt."
- Long Shadows, pages 274-276
- Leafpool: "I know that I can not be ThunderClan's medicine cat any longer. I'm very sorry to you, Firestar, and to all my Clanmates. Please know that I tried my best, and regretted what I had done with every single breath, but I couldn't regret having my kits. They are fine cats, and I will always be proud of them."
- Brambleclaw: "Why?"
- Sunrise, pages 306-307
- Squirrelflight: "Brambleclaw, I'm sorry. You have to understand I never intended to hurt you. I loved you, and was proud to raise these kits with you. You were a wonderful father."
- Brambleclaw: "But I wasn't their father!"
- The Last Hope, page 201
- "I wish that the stars had not sent this message to me to pass on. But it is my duty. Squirrelflight, you will never have kits of your own."
- —Yellowfang lying to Squirrelflight Leafpool's Wish, page chapter 6
|Squirrelflight's Warrior Ceremony|
|Squirrelflight's Deputy Ceremony|
References and Citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Revealed in Midnight, allegiances
- ↑ Revealed in Midnight, page 13
- ↑ Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 509
- ↑ Revealed in Starlight, page 27
- ↑ Revealed in Night Whispers, pages 249-250
- ↑ Revealed in The Sight, allegiances
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Revealed in The Last Hope, page 328
- ↑ Revealed in Outcast, page 35
- ↑ Revealed in The Fourth Apprentice, page 7
- ↑ Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, page 454
- ↑ Revealed in Sunset, page 56
- ↑ Revealed in Starlight, page 135
- ↑ Revealed in The Forgotten Warrior, page 243
- ↑ Revealed in Starlight, page 82
- ↑ Revealed in Midnight, page 87
- ↑ Revealed in Starlight, page 80
- ↑ Revealed in Sunset, page 13
- ↑ Revealed in Dawn, page 51
- ↑ Revealed in The Sight, page 8
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 509
- ↑ Revealed to be a in Erin Hunter Chat 4, undefined
- ↑ Revealed in Into the Wild, page 37
- ↑ Revealed to be a in Erin Hunter Chat 7, undefined
- ↑ Revealed in Leafpool's Wish, chapter 6
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 25.2 25.3 Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, page manga
- ↑ Revealed in Code of the Clans, pages 66-67
- ↑ Revealed to be a in Erin Hunter Chat 2, undefined
- ↑ Revealed on Kate's official blog
- ↑ Revealed in http://www.silverpelt.co.uk/other/confidentialnotes2.pdf
- ↑ Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, page manga 2
- ↑ Revealed to be a in Erin Hunter Chat 6, undefined
- ↑ Revealed in Starlight, page 71
- ↑ Revealed in The Ultimate Guide, page 28
- ↑ Revealed in Leafpool's Wish, chapter 9
- ↑ Revealed in Bramblestar's Storm, chapter 23
- ↑ Revealed on Kate's official blog
- ↑ 37.0 37.1 37.2 37.3 37.4 37.5 Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ 38.00 38.01 38.02 38.03 38.04 38.05 38.06 38.07 38.08 38.09 38.10 38.11 38.12 38.13 Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 362
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ Revealed in Rising Storm, page 41
- ↑ Revealed in Into the Wild, page 226
- ↑ Revealed in Rising Storm, page 42
- ↑ 44.0 44.1 Revealed in Bluestar's Prophecy, page 329
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's facebook page
- ↑ 46.0 46.1 46.2 Revealed in Sunrise, page 251
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 219
- ↑ Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 191
- ↑ 49.0 49.1 Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 21
- ↑ 50.0 50.1 Revealed in Outcast, allegiances
- ↑ 51.0 51.1 51.2 Revealed in Midnight, page 84
- ↑ 52.0 52.1 Revealed in Sunrise, page 317
- ↑ 53.0 53.1 Revealed in The Sight, page 5
- ↑ 54.0 54.1 54.2 54.3 54.4 Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 266
- ↑ 55.0 55.1 55.2 Revealed in Firestar's Quest, page 100
- ↑ 56.0 56.1 Revealed in Fire and Ice, page 95
- ↑ 57.0 57.1 Revealed in Forest of Secrets, page 62
- ↑ 58.0 58.1 58.2 Revealed in Return to the Clans, page 2
- ↑ 59.0 59.1 59.2 59.3 Revealed in Sunset, page 27
- ↑ 60.0 60.1 60.2 Revealed in The Last Hope, page 216
- ↑ 61.0 61.1 Revealed in The Fourth Apprentice, page 299
- ↑ 62.0 62.1 62.2 Revealed in Dark River, pages 19-20
- ↑ 63.0 63.1 63.2 63.3 Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 4