In the New Prophecy ArcEdit
- Brambleclaw has a dream where he is drowning in salt water and then sees a cave with teeth. Ravenpaw says that it is a real place and he knows other rogues and loners who had been there. Ravenpaw says it looks like the sun is being swallowed by the sea each evening, hence the name.
- After several cats have prophetic dreams from StarClan, telling they have to meet Midnight and listen to what she has to tell them, they set off on a journey to the sun-drown-place. During the journey, the cats have dreams or illusions of tasting salt water. When they arrive, Brambleclaw falls into the water, but is rescued by Stormfur and Squirrelpaw. They find the cave where they meet Midnight.
- The forest cats are waking up. Stormfur decides to talk to Midnight, and he asks her a question, but never finishes it due to Squirrelpaw and the others looking for prey.
In the Power of Three ArcEdit
- The "Sol patrol" goes to the sun-drown-place, looking for Sol and Midnight. Birchfall, Brambleclaw and Brackenfur almost drown, but are rescued by Lionblaze, Hazeltail and Hollyleaf.
- Midnight is not in her cave and it appears she has not been there in a while, so the cats leave to look for Sol somewhere else.
- Graystripe and Millie come here on their journey to find the Clans on the back of a Twoleg monster. They see a beach, the sea and several cliffs.