- Below contains in-depth information for chapter five of Sunrise. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 5 (of 28)
- Page Numbers: 55-64
- The patrol is heading across a field as it starts to snow. Lionblaze tries to shelter Hollyleaf from the wind as they pass by a nest that houses horses. One of the horses snort and most of the patrol scatters. Lionblaze nearly runs onto a Thunderpath, and Brambleclaw scolds him, Hazeltail, and Hollyleaf, saying that they had acted out of pure panic, like apprentices on their first outing. The cats cross the Thunderpath, this crossing being the first time for all but Brambleclaw and Brackenfur. They all make it safely.
- The cats emerge into a field full of cows and pass through them. Hollyleaf is slapped by the tail of one of the animals, and comments that going to the mountains had been easier. Lionblaze thinks that there had been a point to that journey, and that they hadn't been looking for a cat that wasn't a murderer. The patrol leaves the field and come up to a thorny hedge. Lionblaze can hear a Thunderpath on the other side. Brambleclaw has Lionblaze make his way through a small gap in the thorns and he emerges on the other side to see a wide Thunderpath. Hazeltail gets a thorn in her nose and Hollyleaf uses her old medicine cat training to pull it out. She instructs Hazeltail to put her nose in the snow to stop the bleeding. After they are done, Brambleclaw comes up to Hollyleaf and praises her. Lionblaze notes the fatherly pride in his eyes.
- Brackenfur explains to Lionblaze when he asks that, on the far side of the Thunderpath, the mass of lights it many Twoleg nests. Hazeltail gasps that she didn't think that there were that many Twolegs in the world. Birchfall adds that he hopes they won't go near them and Lionblaze mutters that they aren't kittypets. The cats walk down the Thunderpath and Brambleclaw says that they'll cross of together, and when he says to, to run as if a tribe of badgers was after them. Lionblaze realizes that they could be kittypets, and that if the prophecy isn't about he and his littermates, he doesn't have to be brave all of the time. Brambleclaw gives the signal to cross.
References and citations
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25 • Chapter 26 • Chapter 27 • Chapter 28|